• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Instances back in every SB zone? Shit, guess I won't have to worry about waiting for EX queue pops since it will literally be 24/7 A train again.

Fucking lazy to not fix them though. That's right. Lazy. Not fixing that is straight up lazy. Not zoning into the same instance as your party is straight up doggy poop.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Those WAR changes are pretty snazzy.

Is the job stacking prevention going to make it so folks don't do 8 tank raid clears for fun, or will full groups be able to enter however they choose still?

studyguy

Really fucking relieved they didn't change our holy spirit cast time. A 150pt drop vs 430 drop (with ogcd/aa clips to boot) would have been some shit

studyguy

xt9a1pu.jpg

DE_vx7bUIAAFN6v.jpg:large

Squishy3

The dupe job restriction was mentioned in the 3.4 patch notes too.
I'm pretty sure any restrictions mentioned in patch notes don't actually apply to premade parties (so statics and PF groups) and only when queuing for the content via duty finder.

Preformed groups don't have ilvl checks or role checks, afaik.

KuroNeeko

How big is the change to MCH? It doesn't seem like it changes anything pre-50.

I am really glad about the Balance nerf / Spear buff. Seemed like the whole card mechanic was just "Searching for Balance Fisher" and everything else was second fiddle. Reminded me of NIN and Futon before SB and level 54.

Sort of happy about SCH as I've been playing it a bit more lately. I think the AF mechanic though is dated, or needs to be reworked. Bane feels really f-ing bad right now.

Vhalyar

Those WHM changes are solid. Too bad Benison didn't get fixed to only eat one lily, but overall the plenary and lily fixes are great.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

They increased damage gain from Hot Shot which is a buff from level 30 on.
But they halved heat gain across the board which means less usage of Cooldown which is nothing but a nerf.
There's no more mildfire - every minute the rotation will be this same which is kind of a marginal buff but makes the job more static.
Not sure if math comes out as an overall buff that's gonna put MCH in a better spot because besides just numerical change the rotation's now gonna be slightly different.

Some people are saying MCH got HARDER to play right now while simultaneously more boring. It's a madhouse. A madhouse!

iammeiam

They're not going to do anything meaningful pre-64 at any point in the near future. For 70 MCH, it's a largish change to the flow of the job in some good ways and bad. The goal is the same (be above 50 and under 100 heat unless intentionally Overheating), and they made it take a lot longer to get to 100, and doubled the frequency of the recovery from Overheat button.

It's going to be really hard to say until getting a better idea of how it plugs together, but from a shallow perspective it got a lot easier to look cool as hell. So that's nice.

I am really glad about the Balance nerf / Spear buff. Seemed like the whole card mechanic was just "Searching for Balance Fisher" and everything else was second fiddle. Reminded me of NIN and Futon before SB and level 54.

Arrow was alright, too, so there were two cards worth using! But, yeah, marrying the Balance nerf to the Spear change is a pretty solid overall adjustment for AST. It's now 50/50 odds of drawing a card you'll actually want to use eventually, and adding in the Unspread and UnRR means Sleeve Draw just got a lot nicer. I still think it makes no sense to not just do this in 4.0, but in practice it's just going to make playing AST better and maybe cut back AST Logs a little so... yay?

Warrior stance dancing is back?

tumblr_inline_o1ji8tOH541qd2dks_500.gif

Yep WAR is back to godking status. But this time it's DRK that's gonna be the rainy window meme because PLD can mitigate magic and brings way more raid utility. DRK needed a lot more than they gave it.

EDIT: Oh, and because reasons, Steel Cyclone is 1.23 version again that lifesteals. At least it won't be remotely as strong as that version. XD

Qvoth

Just finished reading the notes
Surprised at mp cost reduction on fire 1, hope this means I'll never have to skip a fire 4 now

scy

Going through datamining stuff, figured I'd throw this out here; i320 Fending is +40 STR. Seems to follow 8 + (ilvl/10) through the values I checked but who knows if it wants to do a random jump somewhere.

kaze343

Yep WAR is back to godking status. But this time it's DRK that's gonna be the rainy window meme because PLD can mitigate magic and brings way more raid utility. DRK needed a lot more than they gave it.

EDIT: Oh, and because reasons, Steel Cyclone is 1.23 version again that lifesteals. At least it won't be remotely as strong as that version. XD

and next thing we know, it is

Bowlie

Banned
Machinists are salty on reddit due to the lack of CDs and I'm here happy because the job it's less punishing.

Even if heat reduction from Shots/heat removal from Quick Reload and Hot Shot damage buff/less Cooldowns on your rotation cancel each other out, it's still a more enjoyable job now.

studyguy

Sure, it's not 78 STR, but it's also not like 15k less health either.

i345 raid weapons, i340 Genji raid gear, i330 Lost Allagan gear (Tome gear, i340 Augemented Lost Allagan gear.), i320 full crafted set.

DRK's aren't that bad off are we? It feels like we're in a better position now than Pallies were in 3.X.

Machinists are salty on reddit due to the lack of CDs and I'm here happy because the job it's less punishing.

Even if heat reduction from Shots/heat removal from Quick Reload and Hot Shot damage buff/less Cooldowns on your rotation cancel each other out, it's still a more enjoyable job now.

Machinist always seems like a lot of work for at most average to slightly above average damage. Hope it finds a good spot someday

DRK's aren't that bad off are we? It feels like we're in a better position now than Pallies were in 3.X.

We're better than 3.0 PLD, but still not in a great spot because our DPS is the lowest of the tanks and TBN is our only party utility offering. On the flipside, SAM and/or NIN being almost guaranteed means at least slashing debuff from WAR isn't needed and Path doesn't have the mitigation anymore. I don't think people are going to shun them like PLD in 3.0 though.

EDIT: Oh fuck off SE, Skill Speed main stat on DRG weapon? The ONLY weapon of the entire tier that even has Skill Speed??

Is our DPS really the lowest? That seems crazy. Do you think these potency changes will affect that?

Yep. And maybe. PLD got nerfed, but WAR just got buffed like mad, so it may end up that our damage is more or less equal to PLD, which will be bad since DRK has worse utility and mitigation (except again SE catered to Dark Mind and made a bunch of magic tankbusters).

IMO, DRK should actually hit harder than WAR and PLD with their toolkit as SE currently has it, and WAR should be the middle ground tank damage wise because they buffed their MT defensive capacity by a lot with Rampart and much easier mutliple Inner Beast use, but SE insists on making WAR the offense tank come what may.

iammeiam

By two patches into HW, MCH was easy as hell for super solid damage. Looked hard, played easy. 4.0 MCH looked easy, played hard. 4.05 MCH probably looks and plays about the same, for meh damage and nerfed utility.

This 4.0 mess is them trying to figure out how to give the job mass appeal without tilting Bards again. It's not going great.

I still say it's a better situation than we were in before, and I fully expect they'll do something in 4.2 when MCH clear numbers are drastically low again, but if they were going to botch the job for the first tier, I'm glad they're botching it in a way that might get more casual player base adoption because constantly rebooting the job helps nobody.

We're better than 3.0 PLD, but still not in a great spot because our DPS is the lowest of the tanks and TBN is our only party utility offering. On the flipside, SAM and/or NIN being almost guaranteed means at least slashing debuff from WAR isn't needed and Path doesn't have the mitigation anymore. I don't think people are going to shun them like PLD in 3.0 though.

Is our DPS really the lowest? That seems crazy. Do you think these potency changes will affect that?

iammeiam

Man. Savage potentially gonna be hype.

Also Miasma II sounds non-awful:
100 potency on hit
25 potency for 12s
1680MP @ 70

not like earth-shattering, but a button's a button

Still gonna play PLD. Too attached to the class since FFXI was my first MMO and PLD was my main job in that game, and I loved doing it and still love doing it.

... Also going to lvl up WAR once I finish off NIN and WHM. Or maybe I'll continue my AST instead of WHM from lv48 vs my CNJ at lv26.

NIN and healer next, regardless, then WAR. WAR seems like a nice and different approach to tanking when I hit my PLD lulls. Glad to see the buffs seem satisfying on paper, and I feel there's little reason to doubt that they'll turn out well in practice, too.

After WAR, I don't think I'm leveling anymore DoM/DoW until I see how the new endless dungeon works. Probably just start gathering and crafting after WAR is leveled up.

Top Bottom