• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Meccs

So I haven't played in a while. I started off as SCH a few years back and never had the urge to play anything else but then leveled AST early 2017 and did find this class fun to play as well. With all the crying about SCH dmg reduction, what is the state of AST? I'll probably level this class first. Is it still mainly a "Balance or burn" type situation? I have also heard that healing is more stressful in some instances?
I am still a bit bummed that I missed the Stormblood hype again due to having no time to play... same as Heavensward. Oh well...

Sifl

Crafted tank accessories are probably gonna be BiS with Pentamelded Strength 6+4 Direct Hit 5's since the str gain from the i340 is negligible. OH BOY

Qvoth

huh blackbosom stuff found, weapons and what seems to be edda's gear

edit: lol seems like it's modeled like a scythe no matter the job?

Qvoth

model viewer has the models for the new gears already

edit: oh god genji blm staff looks pretty fucking bad
hope at least it has some unique effects like alexandrian weapons with the small floating bits or some shit

edit 2: yeah i'll probably be glamouring into the lost allagan gears, genji set looks too horrible
for the weapon i'll glamour into the scythe

edit 3: loooool the blackbosom scythe are only for classes that handle 2 handed weapons, so it's only for war drk drg blm whm
and the equipments are female only
bwahahaha

iammeiam

It looks like the 320 crafted gear is reusing the WoD gear models. Aiming chest is just a flipped and recolored Demon Tabard of Aiming, etc.

If dyeable this is pretty good news. But only pretty good because it's not Syrcus Tower and therefor will not include Amon's hat model.

Alrus

I still don't understand why they put the chest penalty in place for Savage? What purpose does it serve outside of hindering PF and FC help?

studyguy

I still don't understand why they put the chest penalty in place for Savage? What purpose does it serve outside of hindering PF and FC help?

Gotta extend those subs somehow

Also tank accesories stat growth are garbo. Time to pentameld some crafted till next patch
A VI str + VI dhit, 3V dhit
Wait or is it 4 Dhit... Do they allow 2 VI?

Luigi87

Yay for SCH buffs.

So Aetherflow is now a guaranteed 45s cd as long as the SCH isn't sitting on their abilities that require it. Honestly pretty content with most of these buffs from the healer side. Wish Bane was still worth something though, as it's honestly fairly worthless for things like dungeon bosses and trials, but I'll take what I can get.

Qvoth

/iceheart
NJgHSpr.gif
yeah i don't see this as anything other than mogstation only

kaze343

Gotta extend those subs somehow

Also tank accesories stat growth are garbo. Time to pentameld some crafted till next patch
A VI str + VI dhit, 3V dhit
Wait or is it 4 Dhit... Do they allow 2 VI?

like i had said to the other guy, im pretty sure you cant overmeld grade 6.

iammeiam

Meccs

Looking at the "new" added abilities like Miasma II etc. I am wondering what happened to the "less buttons to press" goal they had at one point...

Robin64

Looking at the "new" added abilities like Miasma II etc. I am wondering what happened to the "less buttons to press" goal they had at one point...

It baffles me that they made some combos single buttons for PvP but still kept them as three seperate ones for PvE. My DRG currently has 6 buttons that become 2 in PvP, and it's lovely.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The coffer thing sounds suspiciously too intelligent for FFXIV. I can't wait for people to find out it doesn't work on MCH or something.

Meccs

It baffles me that they made some combos single buttons for PvP but still kept them as three seperate ones for PvE. My DRG currently has 6 buttons that become 2 in PvP, and it's lovely.
AST has 3 to basically do a right click pre Stormblood.

Oh wow, Plenary sounds amazing now. That Lily change is whatever but hey at least I don't have to use Cure 2 needlessly anymore.

Also took them forever to deal with Balance

iammeiam

20 min? ffs

Like... We get four fights a tier. I get that they want to start easy, but that fast? that's a thing.

The coffer thing sounds suspiciously too intelligent for FFXIV. I can't wait for people to find out it doesn't work on MCH or something.

It'll give them bows and a note saying "dude, seriously give it up."

Omni

Okay I'm all for more accessible raids

but multiple groups killing a savage floor in one shot is just stupid. 15 minutes after maintenance and V1s is already old news

After the latest 'ex' primals I don't know what I expected but it wasn't this

iammeiam

People want hard raids till you get waterman savage then people don't want hard raids.

I mean

I basically run the living liquid fan club. I MS Painted a santa hat on him one year. So like. I'd be down, but even aside from that if we're really hitting the point where the community can't see a gradient from A3S to a literal two-pull kill, we're kind of screwed. I know Gordias is the go-to boogeyman, but do people remember T6 or T10? They weren't life-crushing blocks, but they still like... did things.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I mean

I basically run the living liquid fan club. I MS Painted a santa hat on him one year. So like. I'd be down, but even aside from that if we're really hitting the point where the community can't see a gradient from A3S to a literal two-pull kill, we're kind of screwed. I know Gordias is the go-to boogeyman, but do people remember T6 or T10? They weren't life-crushing blocks, but they still like... did things.

T6 was really a roadblock because people were hella bad.
If we had a normal mode to go by it'd go down in no time.
I mean, it did go down in no time.

Top Bottom