• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Ozigizo

Oh yeah, savage delta drops tonight huh.

Not really going to worry about it until I get the rest of my normal savage gear, but there will probably be some experimental parties rocking

I think I'm just gonna do stuff for the new tomes and not worry about it this time around.

I might try to use PF, but I had some real rage inducing moments doing that when Alex Savage dropped.

v1perz53

People watching cutscenes doesn't bother me at all.

People letting the gear roll timer go all the way down when you could use the upgrade asap bothers me.

So much this. I kind of wish the gear roll timer was a huge window on your screen that only went away when you decided on your roll, to get people to actually, you know, ROLL. Worst is how if someone leaves the dungeon after the last boss without rolling you have to wait the full 300 seconds for their roll to expire before being awarded the item.

I don't remember there being any long cutscenes in party content in Stormblood. Believe it or not the only content in the MSQ Roulette is the stuff from ARR. They thankfully never made that mistake again.

Ah I guess I misunderstood when people were complaining recently about MSQ roulette to get some SB resources at lv 70, I thought it was only SB content.

Luminaire

So much this. I kind of wish the gear roll timer was a huge window on your screen that only went away when you decided on your roll, to get people to actually, you know, ROLL. Worst is how if someone leaves the dungeon after the last boss without rolling you have to wait the full 300 seconds for their roll to expire before being awarded the item.
Wait really? I've ditched so many times without rolling.

I think I'm just gonna do stuff for the new tomes and not worry about it this time around.

I might try to use PF, but I had some real rage inducing moments doing that when Alex Savage dropped.

Yeah, had to back out of Alex Savage quick, too much stress for the rewards.

I though once someone's out of the dungeon/party they're off the list

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Patch notes: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

Plenary Indulgence

Party members will no longer be granted a Confession when HP is restored via Cure and Cure II. They will instead be granted a Confession when HP is restored via Medica, Medica II, or Cure III.
The chance of granting party members a Confession has been increased from 20% to 100%.
The duration of the Confession has been reduced from 30 to 10 seconds.
Healing potency based on the number of stacks of Confession has been reduced from 400 for one stack, 500 for two stacks, and 600 for three stacks to 150 for one stack, 300 for two stacks, and 450 for three stacks.
Recast time increased from 15 to 60 seconds.
Confession stacks will now also be granted to the player casting Medica, Medica II, or Cure III.

Secret of the Lily
Chance healing a party member via Cure will add a Lily to the Healing Gauge increased from 50% to 100%.
Lily change sounds good, wish the recast on PI was shorter though.

iammeiam

They nerfed Balance to original values.

A+, SE. No way you could have figured out that was important a month ago.

(Spoilers: even at reduced values it's still more rDPS than WHM has so... bring on the fights)

THEY FIXED BARREL STABILIZER THO

iammeiam

Spear is now a crit buff whattup:

The Spear (Area of Effect) The effect of this ability has been changed from "Reduces ability recast time for a party member or self by 10% for 20 seconds" to "Increases the critical hit rate for target and all nearby party members by 5% for 20 seconds."

SCH buffs are... interesting:
Action Adjustment
Emergency Tactics Recast time reduced from 30 to 20 seconds.
Indomitability Healing potency increased from 400 to 500.
Excogitation Healing potency increased from 650 to 800.
Duration increased from 30 to 45 seconds.
Recast time reduced from 60 to 45 seconds.
Fey Union Range increased from 10 to 15 yalms.
The Faerie Gauge will no longer deplete when channeling from Fey Union is interrupted.
Aetherpact Aetherflow actions are no longer required to inflict an effect on a target to increase the Faerie Gauge.
Quickened Aetherflow Reduction to the recast time of Aetherflow changed from 10 to 5 seconds.
Chance to reduce the recast time of Aetherflow increased from 20% to 100%.

The 60s Barrel Stabilizer dream is real

Hyped to maybe actually want to play a ranged DPS again.

Item Box

Scholar buffs
Dragoon buffs

I can continue to not use them regret leveling those back in 2.0 again

Holy Spirit
Potency reduced from 430 to 400.

I_17f62d_1270335.jpg

studyguy

The strength attribute has been added to tank accessories at item level 290 and above.
* The effects of materia affixed to accessories prior to patch 4.05 will not be diminished.

...this seems... dumb?

scy

The strength attribute has been added to tank accessories at item level 290 and above.
* The effects of materia affixed to accessories prior to patch 4.05 will not be diminished.

...this seems... dumb?

I think it's just pointing out you're not suddenly overcapping STR rather than people getting super accessories grandfathered in.

iammeiam

COMMUNITY

BUILDING

To further improve matching speeds for Duty Roulette: Leveling, Duty Finder language settings will now be ignored.

The AST changes seem fine, but largely annoying in that they didn't just do it from the get-go. I... don't think this is great news for WHM's place long-term, but we'll see.

kaze343

COMMUNITY

BUILDING

The AST changes seem fine, but largely annoying in that they didn't just do it from the get-go. I... don't think this is great news for WHM's place long-term, but we'll see.

they didnt do it from the get go because back when balance was 5% aoe, it did next to nothing to increase raid dmg(not my words, the words of the ones who wanted it buffed. it was something like a 2% increase). so SE made it 10 on spread, and it became broken. im expecting the same people from back then to complain about it again.

mcw

The only time I can play this game is between 10 pm and 1 am, Pacific time. I've been subscribed for less than a month. This is the second time I've logged in and been informed that I cannot play at all.

This is very frustrating. Is it normally this frequent or is it just because of Stormblood?

studyguy

Known issue:
An issue when using the white mage action Cure wherein the rate at which players receive the Freecure status is higher than intended.

They left that in? Seems like a nice side buff

Known Issue:
An issue in the Lost Canals of Uznair wherein the sound effects for selecting the wrong door are played even when selecting the correct door under certain conditions.

THIS ISN'T A BUG YOU CAN'T FOOL ME ASSHOLES THIS WAS INTENTIONAL AF

Sorian

Banned
They could make it fun?

It ends up boiling down to people not wanting to grind dungeons, so they move to hunts. And we all know how that works out...

People move to hunts for elite marks, no one does hunts for the sole purpose of tone grinding and if you do then you're doing it wrong.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
A lot of changes to problematic jobs show that SE quite literally just doesn't understand ANYTHING about how their game is played. WHAT are these MCH changes. WHAT are these scholar changes. WHAT are these dragoon changes.

Get Yoshi out of the chair.

Top Bottom