• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

WAR in raids seems to be pretty okay, as well. Unsure if because of the not losing gauge change or what, but the guy I expected to show up to raid on DRK has been running WAR throughout and it's been pretty solid so far. No complaints about healing him vs the PLD, damage output seems okay but without fflogs giving us aggregated averages all I have to compare to is that Reddit thread of people posting clear parses and those don't seem to be a good representation of tank damage potential.

Wait....why are people calling the new raid V? It's Omega....O...

People trying to use the busted designations from Coil days as justification (T for Turn!), but world third O4S/NA 1st was by "It's called O1-4S"

EU and JP can call it whatever, I'm totally pointing to that meaningless thing as my justification for hardlining O.

xptoxyz

Someone here ever had trouble signing up for the trial? I get a message that's something along the lines of "not eligible because account has FF 14 service." Looking into account management only thing I did was in the past I think try the beta for like a day...

Would "cancel service account" button remove the beta participation and allow for the trial? I guess I could just make a fresh account... however backwards this seems to be.

studyguy

I mean we lost 150pot over the burst of Holy Spirits. It should be pretty easy to calculate out the net loss but either way nothing really changed outside of utility so PLD still feels the same.

Also didn't get to raid last night smh.
What time is maintenance? Might kill it again today.

iammeiam

I mean we lost 150pot over the burst of Holy Spirits. It should be pretty easy to calculate out the net loss but either way nothing really changed outside of utility so PLD still feels the same.

I want one of them to DRK something so I can see how that performs in raids; so far the PLD getting punched in the face seems to end up ~200 dps behind the WAR in clears, but there are like ten million extenuating circumstances that could play into it. Mostly curious to see if DRK is in between the two.

Tanks hitting 3k DPS in general is pretty hilarious, though. For all the changes, their damage seems to have scaled up a little better than healers.

Also didn't get to raid last night smh.
What time is maintenance? Might kill it again today.

11PM Pacific; we're going to try to start a half hour early tonight so we can still fit in two full lockouts before they shut the servers down on us.

studyguy

I'll post my character pic when I finally get a glamour. For now my character according to my static. I just work a lot and sometimes I fall asleep in my chair, no big deal amirite.
So what if it happens mid raid.
DFJvrNXVoAAlR83.jpg:large

Setzer

So I decided to pick up a copy of Stormblood and jump back into game. I received an email a week or so ago that they were doing this "Welcome Back" campaign for players who haven't logged in since before January 15th of this year. They give you these chocobo feathers to exchange for ilvl 260 gear if you meet the qualifications. They even tell you that your account on mogstation has to say it's eligible for it. Well, mine did and I re-activated before their July 20 @ midnight deadline and no feathers when I logged into game. On top of that I purchased the digital CE of the game and didn't have any of the CE items in my mailbox. Tried logging in and out of game several times and after that didn't work I decided to submit a ticket in game. Anyone else have this issue?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's best to arbitrarily switch between O, V, and D. At least that's what I do.

Bonus points for not differentiating whether you're talking about Savage or not.

People trying to use the busted designations from Coil days as justification (T for Turn!), but world third O4S/NA 1st was by "It's called O1-4S"

EU and JP can call it whatever, I'm totally pointing to that meaningless thing as my justification for hardlining O.
And thats why they were third. With a thought process like that, no wonder they lagged behind by a minute!

B-Dex

So I decided to pick up a copy of Stormblood and jump back into game. I received an email a week or so ago that they were doing this "Welcome Back" campaign for players who haven't logged in since before January 15th of this year. They give you these chocobo feathers to exchange for ilvl 260 gear if you meet the qualifications. They even tell you that your account on mogstation has to say it's eligible for it. Well, mine did and I re-activated before their July 20 @ midnight deadline and no feathers when I logged into game. On top of that I purchased the digital CE of the game and didn't have any of the CE items in my mailbox. Tried logging in and out of game several times and after that didn't work I decided to submit a ticket in game. Anyone else have this issue?

Try asking the delivery noodle to check for rewards.

Berordn

I'd really hope the next tier of Omega matches the atmosphere in terms of gear sets. This gear still looks terrible even when dyed in the previews.

I'd just like it if the sets actually match the game they're ripping the fights from. The healing set vaguely looks like a time mage from FFV but... that's it.

I just wanted to run around in Dancer gear okay :(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Male character glamour endgame is savage tier.

I'm pretty sure they design most gear sets on female characters first and then throw whatever on guys.

rubius01

I'm pretty sure they design most gear sets on female characters first and then throw whatever on guys.

Isn't that how most fashion designers design cloths? Its either that or they design cloths made out of cold cuts or bubble wrap.

R0ckman

Really awkward argument about MB prices and undercutting was filling the chat log as I was leveling cooking. Really kind of felt sad, really what is there to argue about so seriously? The MB in this game is screwed up in a lot of ways, and to top it off I'm sure the prices are only as bad as they are in some cases because most things have no value and people buy gil with real money while SE only goes after the RMT.

I'd really hope the next tier of Omega matches the atmosphere in terms of gear sets. This gear still looks terrible even when dyed in the previews.
It matches the theme of the raid - FFV - but they designed gear that will look like shit on anything but male roes and highlanders.

Newsflash: not a lot of people liked the puffy shit from the 3.5 dungeons, not a lot of people will like the puffy samurai shit here.

Leunam

Heavy armor looks great on bulky characters, by and large. Full Gordias for instance fits well on male Roe, Cats, Au Ra, and Highlanders.

Squishy3

Really awkward argument about MB prices and undercutting was filling the chat log as I was leveling cooking. Really kind of felt sad, really what is there to argue about so seriously? The MB in this game is screwed up in a lot of ways, and to top it off I'm sure the prices are only as bad as they are in some cases because most things have no value and people buy gil with real money while SE only goes after the RMT.
Basically there's a ton of players that don't actually play the marketboard and just undercut whatever the lowest item is on the marketboard, completely ignoring how large the stack is, market history of the item, quality of the item, etc. Someone undercutting normal quality items with high quality items mindfucks me everytime. These are just people that get stuff, put it up on there and don't care one lick. It doesn't take much time to actually get a brief look at the current market, market history to see how often the item sells and then price your item accordingly.

For example, if there's a stack of 99 of whatever item you're trying to sell is sitting at whatever the lowest amount is, and you have say, a more modest stack of 5-10 of the same item, the option is not to undercut the stack of 99, and instead list it for more than the stack of 99 costs. The buyer will be paying more per individual item, but is not being forced to buy a stack of 99 of said item, since very rarely do you actually need 99 of any given item.

MogCakes

Because the actual name of the raid is "Deltascape V1.0/2.0/etc." People are assuming that like Coil it will retain the "version" numbering for subsequent raids and thus, V1 through presumably 12.
I prefer O in this case. Saying V is too harsh of a sound in my head. I like things smooth

dramatis

I'll post my character pic when I finally get a glamour. For now my character according to my static. I just work a lot and sometimes I fall asleep in my chair, no big deal amirite.
So what if it happens mid raid.
Not that crazy honestly, I slept in Coil, in Crystal Tower, in Void Ark, in extreme primals, in dungeons.

Only thing I haven't slept in is probably guildhests.

I have slept healed through the last fight of so many dungeons. I have to assume my fingers were on auto-pilot after a while because I usually woke up shortly after and everything was fine.

MogCakes

Sometimes I fall asleep between enemy packs and I spend half a minute or so trying to run through a wall. Last night I fell asleep mid-rotation during O2s.

AgeEighty

Wait....why are people calling the new raid V? It's Omega....O...

I'm going with O myself. Using an arbitrary letter like "T" for turn worked fine when there was only one raid, but now that we have three (and more coming in the future) it's best for the sake of clarity to just designate them by the raid name.

Besides, T still made sense because there were a quantifiable number of physical "turns" in the raid, but saying there are 12 "versions" in Omega makes less sense.

Luminaire

I prefer V1S instead of O1S, but you godless heathens (miqote, surely!) have corrupted the narrative! We never called Coil B13 >=(

On the note I wish 50-60 content could be scaled up.

Berordn

I prefer V1S instead of O1S, but you godless heathens (miqote, surely!) have corrupted the narrative! We never called Coil B13 >=(

I'd actually prefer that all content could be scaled up instead of player scaled down, but I know that involves a major tuning pass to make work.

Luminaire

I'd actually prefer that all content could be scaled up instead of player scaled down, but I know that involves a major tuning pass. To make work.
For sure, it'd be very expensive.

It'd be nice if we scaled down but kept all our abilities with lower potency, Likely just as expensive.

Leunam

I was just thinking about this today, but exclusively for primals. Maybe level 70 fights against Garuda Prime, Ravana Prime, etc. with tuned up damage and new mechanics. Make this an option for ilvl relevant glowy versions of their weapons.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just scale up enmity generation. I mean that's the whole "problem" right? That low level tanks won't be able to keep up aggro? Give Flash/Overpower/Unleash a 5x modifier when partied with synced players.

Luminaire

And then those poor at-level tanks at level 15 with no skills be all "plz stop pulling things off me :("

Trial by fire SINK OR SWIM ILL MAKE A MAN OR WOMAN OUT OF YOU

I was just thinking about this today, but exclusively for primals. Maybe level 70 fights against Garuda Prime, Ravana Prime, etc. with tuned up damage and new mechanics. Make this an option for ilvl relevant glowy versions of their weapons.

I'd be ok with trials and raids (8 and 24).

Top Bottom