• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

I'm continually impressed by the efforts the writing team put into referencing past job quests. Just started the Stormblood PLD quests and one of the NPCs recognised me for having crafted their weapon during the BSM quest line.

I've done a lot of the class quests and it seems this time a recurring theme was having old characters, almost everytime your base class trainers at some point(like rogue trainer for ninja, gladiator trainer for pld etc) and quite often some other sidequest/msq characters too. I haven't done all of them yet so not sure if it's 100% consistent but so far almost all of them have been like that, which is kinda nice. Also in the RDM quests there's mentions of your Stormblood MSQ progress at the start of it, which was pretty interesting.

They've also improved quite a lot on the instances and stuff. Although most of them are just reused dungeons, they have interesting bosses mechanics and advanced AI for the other NPC that are with you. Hell they even made them healable by aoes and stuff so it made the healer questlines a lot less annoying.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not all the time you were
We don't talk about the time I spent as a gremlin, even if it was pretty funny.

My elezen is the one I always end up going back to lately so it still counts! Probably at least.

Just completed the 70 RDM questline and the solo instances were pretty good.

Would like to see more solo stuff that isn't tied to job quests.

I also have yet to get into the Uznair thing.

Doesn't seem that anyone is doing maps anymore.

Edzi

Omega had a i295 requirement right? Should I aim for something higher than 300 or would the bare minimum be enough?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I am not alone at least.
My elezen is definitely the character I've been the most satisfied with. Just wish some armor sets looked as good on them as they do the smaller (not lalafell) races.

Someone from here made me a cat that I kind of want to try though rip

Kudo

O3S is pretty interesting, with the amount of mechanics these fights are starting to have my old mind cannot keep up.
I guess it'll get easier once we get better gear.

Luminaire

I've probably spent 30k just changing hairstyles in the past two weeks.

WHY MUST EVERYTHING CLIP WITH MY SQUALL JACKET ASPRFIOKJASFROIJF

kaze343

My static disbanded. Time to find a new one. I dont understand why you'd go through trouble to recruit people if you're just going to disband one day after not even going into v1s for 5 min cause of a dc. The raid leader mentioned they were very busy and timezones fucked everyone. Well, schedule better next time? Jesus.

sounds more like it was already being thought about. if anything I would try to keep the people who want to keep going, and replace the ones that want to leave. thats what i did when my group broke up during midas.

Firebrand

I hope the next expansion pack focuses on redone Hyur-faces.

Is the guy on the Stormblood artwork the WoL? WoD? Tensui of the Confederates? Or the Ifrit goon you beat up in Ul'dah...

DFJIVTVXUAE8utF.png
Savage PUG lyfe

Still leveling my WHM on the side but here's a pic.

duckroll

My static disbanded. Time to find a new one. I dont understand why you'd go through trouble to recruit people if you're just going to disband one day after not even going into v1s for 5 min cause of a dc. The raid leader mentioned they were very busy and timezones fucked everyone. Well, schedule better next time? Jesus.

Well, that's disappointing. I was expecting more from your raiding stories after all the hype about how easy Savage seemed!

Rua

Cleared O1S on 2nd pull, whew. First time doing Savage, that was fun.

Did it with a PUG though. I can't commit times for statics sadly so I'll probably stop at O2S. Doubt 3 and 4 can be pugged, at least right now.

Qvoth

Well, that's disappointing. I was expecting more from your raiding stories after all the hype about how easy Savage seemed!

why don't you try it yourself?
v1s is not a lot harder than the SB ex primals i feel, you should be able to win it within a few hours
raiding in this game really is the most fun part of the game, at least that's how i feel
and this is coming from a someone who quit hardcore and now just uses party/duty finder

ebil

So I'm seeing Omega party finder comments demanding VIT materia in accessories for DPS. Is this common?
I imagine it makes it easier to cheese/fail some mechanics that wouldn't be survivable otherwise (I think people have mentioned a stacking mechanic in O2?).

Using VIT melds was common in early Midas but this tier isn't Midas, lol. I doubt anything in the first two floors is tuned for higher than baseline HP.

Then again I'm not setting foot in there until Sunday so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

Luigi87

Alrighty, finally cleared Susano EX.
... I'm ashamed to admit that earlier tonight though I queued for it, and went in forgetting that all my armor was busted. Yeah, that didn't work out <_<

Danj

Define "in the evening" for a Japanese worldwide MMO

that's exactly my point though, that's why there should be round the clock support.

I notice that even though I opened a ticket, I didn't get any kind of automated email acknowledgement of that fact, even several hours later.

I repair reflexively after every dungeon/primal/mob hunt, never been caught slipping lol

I imagine it makes it easier to cheese/fail some mechanics that wouldn't be survivable otherwise (I think people have mentioned a stacking mechanic in O2?).

Using VIT melds was common in early Midas but this tier isn't Midas, lol. I doubt anything in the first two floors is tuned for higher than baseline HP.

Then again I'm not setting foot in there until Sunday so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I figured that was the goal but seems counterproductive since you lose dps

Luminaire

Yeah... I was frustrated at how many pug fails I forgot to repair when I tried again later. I felt bad immediately realizing I had ruined a run for seven others from the onset.

If it makes you feel any better, our RDM kept dying to AOE damage in O2S. Everyone else survived easily. Took him about 4 deaths to realize his headpiece was broken.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Crafter question!

With Stormblood, what mats are you crafters finding it handy to have on hand on you or your retainers for synths, equipment, etc? I am overflowing with stuff and the only thing I can think of is selling it to start from scratch and keep shit organized as I move forward in my crafting.

Also, I hit 70 in all crafters/gatherers! Now I need materia. T-T

Finally beat Stormblood MSQ! Things really do go smoother when running with GAF FC as compared to random folk; thanks to all for that. The last fight was great, and I'm glad the music used real instead of synth instruments for once. Made the whole thing that much more satisfying. It was nice to have a final boss that wasn't as much of a pushover as Thordan was; it creates a greater sense of accomplishment in the end.

I can see why people feel like Lyse didn't do much to be given the position she has at the end of the story, and honestly I feel like the writers are aware of that. After all, Lyse straight-up says,
"I can't be a leader like Conrad and my father were, but I can be a friend." And then after beating Zenos, she tells you "You're the real hero of this story" - because of course The Warrior of Light is always the real hero. Lyse is still just a figurehead in the end.
I can understand people wanting to see Lyse be forced to take more responsibility than she has had to so far, and hopefully the subsequent patch stories will elaborate on that, but I don't think the handling of her character is particularly poor from a believability standpoint.

Anyway, guess I can go do Omega (normal) now, and level up some other jobs for their job stories. Red Mage looks cool; perhaps I'll try that out.

royox

RDM question.

I know the basic rules of casters and RDM:
-ALWAYS be casting
-Don't waste a ver-ready proc

So...I find myself so many times with both ready procs up (fire and stone) and that plus dualcast also up so...what should I do at that moment?

My muscle memory forces me to cast verthunder or veraero but that is against the second rule...and I also find somehow a waste to use the instacast on verfire and verstone. Even more if I am on the edge of losing black and white equilibriun

Pd: Died SO MANY TIMES on O1S because of my backflips >.<

Stuart444

RDM question.

I know the basic rules of casters and RDM:
-ALWAYS be casting
-Don't waste a ver-ready proc

So...I find myself so many times with both ready procs up (fire and stone) and that plus dualcast also up so...what should I do at that moment?

My muscle memory forces me to cast verthunder or veraero but that is against the second rule...and I also find somehow a waste to use the instacast on verfire and verstone. Even more if I am on the edge of losing black and white equilibriun

Pd: Died SO MANY TIMES on O1S because of my backflips >.<

I tend to do both Ver procs one after the other but depending on the situation/my balance guage, I may use the Verthunder/Aero instead. Like if I can get away with it, if acceleration is up and my balance guage won't go too out of sync that I get penalised for it, I'll verstone (example) -> Accel -> Veraero -> Verfire -> Verstone. - Maybe throw in a Swiftcast Verthunder at the end if swiftcast is up?

It's all dependent on the situation though, that's just an example of what I've done in the past and it may not even be optimal.

(also throw in other CDs like fleche/Contre if they are up between those casts obviously :) )

Top Bottom