• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Qvoth

Susanoo story mode was AWESOME
Extreme is going to be HYPE I feel

Found a bug, the cutscene text appeared in Japanese once in the sui-no-sato kurenai side quest

In yanxia now and already got all its map aether currents, so much easier compared to ruby sea

scy

Wow, the lv 65 dungeon has to be the best they've ever made. That second and third boss!

I will forever sing the praises of the second boss there. It's a
really fun approach to a fight and kind of shows a bit of signs towards something the game has been lacking, too
. Not really a spoiler but better safe than sorry on tagging.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Curious to know but what are people's thoughts on FFXIV for the casual player? I don't have much time in a given day but I've been getting some major FFXI nostalgia recently and seeing Samurai and Redmage in an MMO definitely made the urge to jump in to this game.

Also, are there RP servers akin to Wow and if so, what is the best type of server to join in terms of non-hostile communities?

Edit: lol at irony of me asking this when most people can't get onto the game. Yup, this is certainly bringing back playonline memories.
Balmung is the unofficial RP server, but it's locked out indefinitely. As a result, new RP folks are going to other servers. Most of them are going to Mateus. I transferred there myself last night from Balmung. Balmung was always busy before, but now it's insane and I can't deal with one hour queues just to log in.

FFXIV Roleplayers is a good resource for RP: http://www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com

Frumix

Suffering From Success
A8lgWKS.jpg

Wew lad.
Holy budget on that RDM 70 quest goddamn

IvorB

I don't think this is the time for more Cold Steel.

Maybe 'cause people have been mentioning it but I've been thinking of Trails of Cold Steel actually. I was thinking of Sarah aka The Purple Lightning and how cool it would be to roll in a crew with the likes of her instead of the elf kids.

Though I'm loving some of the new, more relevant dialogue options like below:

Felt great to be able to finally say that. His response was so hilarious too ha ha.

IvorB

On PS4? I logged in and I'm downloading a patch. H2017.06.06.

I was logged in earlier no problem. It just popped up now.

Yeah on PS4. There wasn't a patch to download when I logged in. That's more than three times the size of the expansion content also which is crazy.

laoni

On Balmung, took a few tries after hearing about everyone getting through, but, Raubahn has -finally- been scaled.

Now we've crashed Rhalgr's Reach and I'm back in a log in queue, but, I don't even care I'm that happy

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I got past Pipin just now in one. Seems like early morning is your best bet.

Pachimari

I'm so sad I didn't get to start up Heavensword before this came out (already paid for it) so will I miss out on anything by playing through Heavensward next month? Will it be harder to get through some content because there won't be anyone to play with?

duckroll

Got into Raubahn, died. Got in again, died again because I suck. Went to repair my gear, went back. It's ALL dead now. Duty Finder is down.

Raubhan is defeated!!!

Now Rhalgar's Reach is all but broken now the floodgates are open and people are pouring in. Major lag and constant disconnects.

Clunker

Looks like I picked a good weekend to be out of town, huh?

Hope that my ass playing on Brynhildr at 9am Eastern during the work week won't hit too many hiccups, but I'm still finishing up the 2.5 story quests anyway. :(

Zomba13

So yeah, got past Raubahn in the opening we had then got to pippin and stonewalled and then I 90k and now I 90k when trying to log in. I guess everyone heard "it works!!!!" and logged back on.

EDIT: Managed to get back in after 5 mins of trying and then 90k a few seconds later.

Top Bottom