• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Stuart444

I think the biggest problem with the NA servers is that there is only (theoretically) a few hours or so that people won't be on in large numbers (though being the weekend and early access, they still are on during these hours) due to the time difference between East and West which is 3 hours.

So at midnight, it will be 3 in the morning Eastern and for many MMO players, staying up til then during the weekend is not an issue.

What this results in is so many people being online causing congestion to not subside. While in EU and JP servers (where people won't have 'that' big a time difference), many people will go to sleep allowing the hardcore players to get through which eases the congestion during the prime hours. (edit: I do realize that people in EU and JP servers probably do have similar issues to the NA one but it seems like more people are getting through on those anyway)

But with the time differences in NA and people just not giving up and spamming the same instance over and over, it doesn't give congestion time to subside.

Doesn't help Aether DC which has the two busiest NA servers on it.

Not sure what SE could do in such a short time but they need to think of something otherwise I fear this will last all the way up until Omega is released. Since newer people will continue coming and causing congestion on the instance servers (thank you jump potion for that).

Like others have said, the only thing that I 'think' could help would be a queue system put in place for a week so you don't even see the cutscene until it's your turn. Yeah, queues might be pretty damn long then but at least people would get through.

But whatever, maybe they will do something on Monday when they get back to work (assuming most apart from the bare min of staff are off until then...)

AwShucks

Ultros login queues are quick. Fuck the solo duty but I'm having fun regardless though. Actually able to do FATE parties since the server is busy enough. Doing side quests. Roulettes. Etc

Stuart444

Ok so the crash I mentioned on PS4, while I'm okay now. my fiancee is now having issues, everytime she logs in and gets past the queue, the software crashes with the error:

CE-34878-0

Anyone else having this issue?

Qvoth

Just did shishui of the violet tides, didn't get anything other than a shoe that went straight into my armory chest, no rolling needed

Alex

Ok so the crash I mentioned on PS4, while I'm okay now. my fiancee is now having issues, everytime she logs in and gets past the queue, the software crashes with the error:

CE-34878-0

Anyone else having this issue?

Is this a fresh log-in or is she like, getting into an instance or duty of some kind, getting disconnected, then trying to relog?

But whatever, maybe they will do something on Monday when they get back to work (assuming most apart from the bare min of staff are off until then...)

I'd bet money they have more than just a small number of support staff in this weekend.

Reading that you can transfer your character to a JP data center to get past the Raubhan/Pipin roadblock then transfer back.

Seems risky.

R0ckman

GAF has an Ultros core, yes.

I am on Leviathan myself though.

I've checked while clearing my fishing log on this server (on Lev), doesn't seem like people ever leave the NPC alone no matter the hour. Activities use to die completely at around 1AM PDT.

Foxxsoxx

Here try and cheer up guys.

tumblr_muvykqzDSN1qkiv94o1_400.gif

scotcheggz

Just did sirensea dungeon on SAM, was a great dungeon, nice and pacey and I got the Katana which was nice. A minion dropped too but didn't get it, although getting the Katana and the minion might have been taking the piss a bit. Very excited to see the other dungeons after that though.

Haven't played any other jobs yet and it might be the battle changes but SAM felt buff af in small group content.

Luigi87

Error 90002... in Heavensward... NOOOOOOOOO!!
... On the upside, in the last day or so I've completed 30-ish MSQ. Due to the lack of filler, I'm much more invested in HW's plot than ARR (which I did enjoy aside from the filler)

B.K.

It's after 2:00am on the east coast. I think I'm going to log in and try a few more times to get past Cold Steel after Lupin the 3rd is over.

Foxxsoxx

Error 90002... in Heavensward... NOOOOOOOOO!!
... On the upside, in the last day or so I've completed 30-ish MSQ. Due to the lack of filler, I'm much more invested in HW's plot than ARR (which I did enjoy aside from the filler)

HW destroys ARR glad you're enjoying it.

The only good part of ARR was the last few MSQ pre 3.0. Luckily SB seems to have a good start too, or it would >_>

Just did sirensea dungeon on SAM, was a great dungeon, nice and pacey and I got the Katana which was nice. A minion dropped too but didn't get it, although getting the Katana and the minion might have been taking the piss a bit. Very excited to see the other dungeons after that though.

Haven't played any other jobs yet and it might be the battle changes but SAM felt buff af in small group content.

I felt it was slow as hell, but could have been the other DPS doing low dmg, hard to say and hard to blame ppl with the rotation being all changed up and what not. Took like a full 30mins to clear which I felt was a bit longer than usual. No parser to tell what's up. Also glad the band aid Riddle of Earth does nothing on most boss fights to make it so you don't drop GL3 stacks when the boss does random crap. Really disapointing skill other than for PvP.

I'll probably run the dungeon a couple more times for some bikinis though.

Hate that with all this nonsense all the RDMs and SAMs caught up so my DPS queues are crappy long. I picked MNK cause I figured I should get it done first quickly before the new classes got there but alas.

Luigi87

Who's your favorite HW character thus far?

Hm, that's hard to say. I really like the character developments of Ysayle and Estinien
although Sir Aymeric is friggin awesome. He seemed cool in 2.X, but I really like his personality and views.
The character who has pleasantly surprised me those most however is Alphinaud. A far cry from how he started out in ARR.

I was just about to do the instance where the WoL meets Hilda (really like her design), but then... 90002'd

MechaX

Man, Ultros is still busy even at this hour.

And if the son takes as long as the Father, it will simply be impossible for me to get through them before Monday.

I burnt myself out on PvP and PotD, so I don't really see myself continuing (unless I have the urge to play Frontlines) until they sort this shit out.

R0ckman

Some pf these new collective fish are so rare I level up while trying to catch them... Lol what the hell were they thinking with these rates?

Xux

Dammit, can't the game just let me get lucky and let me through this quest. I get why they'd have this kind of bottleneck to stagger the population but I don't care; just lemme do it.

Haven't played this since before Reborn - is it worth getting into someone who would be a casual player (like 1-2 days a week, maybe 3-4 hours a day?)

Seijuro

Haven't played this since before Reborn - is it worth getting into someone who would be a casual player (like 1-2 days a week, maybe 3-4 hours a day?)

Absolutely, it's very casual friendly. There are enough systems in place to let you make good progress in a few hours a week.

Guys, I am thinking about starting the game but I have a couple of questions.

1)Should I play it with PS4 or PC ?

2)Does PS4 have also monthly subscription like the PC version has ?

3)Is it too late for me to start the game ?

Alex

Guys, I am thinking about starting the game but I have a couple of questions.

1)Should I play it with PS4 or PC ?

2)Does PS4 have also monthly subscription like the PC version has ?

3)Is it too late for me to start the game ?

-Your platform of comfort. Servers are shared, both experiences are fine.

-Yes.

-Of course not, although the servers are on shaky legs due to the influx for the new expansion.

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, this is crap. They're doing an emergency maintanence and shutting down the area right now where the trial issue is happening to fix it.

...but they're not doing the same for the Fringes to fix the Rauban issue because??? wtf

Robin64

Ok, this is crap. They're doing an emergency maintanence and shutting down the area right now where the trial issue is happening to fix it.

...but they're not doing the same for the Fringes to fix the Rauban issue because??? wtf

That notice just pissed off a hell of a load of people still stuck in The Fringes. Way to go, Square.

Stuart444

Because, one is a congestion issue and is not easy to fix. Taking down the fringes won't do a thing outside of make it a race to see who can get into the instance as soon as the map comes back up (and whoever doesn't make it in time will be in the same position as now)

The Ruby Sea incident is one they can actually fix in a shorter amount of time than this congestion issue.

Man, fuck Square Enix and their dumb fucking bullshit account system from the early fucking 2000s. I've spent an hour trying to change my password so I can log back in and their stupid fucking system can't seem to decide if my email address is even registered to an account or not

Bebpo

Banned
What can they do to fix the fact that too many people are trying to get in at once?

Take the area down and change something about how the quest works. The team gets paid to game design which includes designing solutions around problems like this.

I mean eventually (probably on Monday or Tuesday, SE will change the game programming for that spot and fix it. It'd just be nice if they shut it down right now and took care of it on an emergency fix.

Fauve

Because, one is a congestion issue and is not easy to fix. Taking down the fringes won't do a thing outside of make it a race to see who can get into the instance as soon as the map comes back up (and whoever doesn't make it in time will be in the same position as now)

The Ruby Sea incident is one they can actually fix in a shorter amount of time than this congestion issue.

Adding on to that, the issue with the trial is serious and should take higher priority. These are people unable to play at all.

Top Bottom