• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

And you can upgrade to the Ultima Blade, which I have been using since Chapter 6 or so. It's one of the best swords in the game. Look up a guide how to do it.

You can also obtain a Thunderbolt sword which is decent for that part of the game. Again, look for a guide.

Also grab the sniper rifle. It comes in handy sometimes for cheese strats.

Between those and the 10k weapons from Hunters HQ you should be set to tackle the rest of the story mode. Then come back in post-game to find the REALLY good weapons, only available post-game.
Woah, 90 hours of game time and currently on my second playthrough and now I hear there's a sniper rifle. Can't wait to pick that up!

And yeah, thunderbolt is a nice weapon. It looks badass and those thunderbolts appearing for every slash was something I never tired of.

I decided to sell the game...going to wait until the DLC is released and maybe jump back in. Didn't want to get burnt out and all the looming questions bother me.

It was fun FFXV :D

B-Dex

Fuck Costlemark Tower, those fucking purple bombs actually had me using up more Mega-items than I wanted to use. Ignis dying constantly, the bombs spawning babies, all in tight corridors and cramped rooms.

Stairwell full of bombs and other enemies was harder than the boss.

Eat element resist food. Win.

theofficefan99

38 hours in, "Chapter" 8 (is 10 minutes long), I've done all optional dungeons so far aside from Crestholm. Party's level 64. I passed by the Hunter HQ but didn't stop by to buy some weapons. If there's more daggers or other quick weapons I'm game.

Really enjoyed my time with the game today, strangely.

Also, question about Chapter 9:

is there really nothing to do there? No hunts or anything, either? Is it not possible to spend numerous hours there?

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact when you open doors it's not from the correct side? Like they spent all this time to make this game beautiful, and doors open like this?

beKUKcK.gif

How much XP do you get for the
Adamantoise hunt
?

Currently saving up xp to cash in in
Altissia
, but not sure whether I should leave the hunt until I'm already level 99 to make it shorter. Been putting off doing
Costlemark
for ages. Could do with finding a vendor who sells Megalixirs.

hughesta

Banned
Chapter 7 right now, just gotta flip the switch to finish it. Party's level 61 (Gladio's 60) and Noct is 63. Should I do the mines / sewer dungeons now? They gave me plenty of trouble when I tested em out.

Mailbox

Chapter 7 right now, just gotta flip the switch to finish it. Party's level 61 (Gladio's 60) and Noct is 63. Should I do the mines / sewer dungeons now? They gave me plenty of trouble when I tested em out.

you can breeze through the story at this point (for example, the recommended level for the last story mission is level 45 iirc).

You can do the dungeons post game or sometime in between if you so wish.

hughesta

Banned
you can breeze through the story at this point (for example, the recommended level for the last story mission is level 45 iirc).

You can do the dungeons post game or sometime in between if you so wish.
I realize that but
i have a problem
and I fucking LOVE doing dungeons.

Plus even being 10 levels above the recommended cap has given me trouble in the past so I'm pretty shit at the game and being way overleveled is my solution

Jeez, what a idiot, just relized I can
umbra back into open world,
what a moron, thought I would be bumped back into at sometime, think Im just finishing chapter 12, all this time, ugh.

38 hours in, "Chapter" 8 (is 10 minutes long), I've done all optional dungeons so far aside from Crestholm. Party's level 64. I passed by the Hunter HQ but didn't stop by to buy some weapons. If there's more daggers or other quick weapons I'm game.

Really enjoyed my time with the game today, strangely.

Also, question about Chapter 9:

is there really nothing to do there? No hunts or anything, either? Is it not possible to spend numerous hours there?

There are Hunts, Side-quests, and a
monster arena that is strangely addictive.

Gbraga

Chapter 5 is really damn good so far. I'm impressed.

Go for it, they're both a lot of fun.

Adaren

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact when you open doors it's not from the correct side? Like they spent all this time to make this game beautiful, and doors open like this?

beKUKcK.gif

lol, I had completely forgotten about this!

It opens from the wrong side when you're leaving, as well.

To those of you that have played this and Xenoblade Chronicles X, how similar are they? I'm hoping it's at least as good as XCX because I adored that game. I know both are sort of JRPG takes in an open world WRPG style.

Arrrammis

Well, I spent 20 hours doing sidequests and hunts and now just finished chapter 6... My need to complete everything and explore for treasures makes this game hell :p

otapnam

Man that
Leviathan
fight in altissia wasn't too hot. Wonder if that part of the game actually came from the ps3 version they had developed way back when

Epcott

Legendary indeed 😏

Also... fuck Costlemark.

I somehow beat the 3 giant rumble only to find out I activated the secret out of sequence. Gonna go back post game... for now I finally need to finish Chapter 10, I have no more quests left except for that ever elusive Griffin feather...

As soon as this update finishes

rataven

Update messed up the display range again. Geez how hard is it to get this right?! I've played ~40 games on this tv and have never had to adjust the display outside of the game.

So I've got a two inch black bar around my screen. Picture is zoomed out. Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this?

sappyday

Update messed up the display range again. Geez how hard is it to get this right?! I've played ~40 games on this tv and have never had to adjust the display outside of the game.

So I've got a two inch black bar around my screen. Picture is zoomed out. Anyone with any ideas on how to fix this?

I fixed it in the PS4 settings and then restarting the game.

I went to the PS4 settings, Sound and Screen, then adjusted the display from there.

Doing the post-game Randolph monster fights and the first 2 of them went super easy because
Ramuh killed Bennu and Shiva killed Malbodoom
. RIP

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just finished it.

This game may have all the problems in the world, but I loved it, and in the end what will stick with me will be
the wonderful final scenes. The one in the throne followed by the logo change... Fuck me sideways, man. Shit did a critical hit on my bittersweet nerve.

Made it two camps into the final sealed dungeon. I died to a mini boss and was actually happy because the game challenged me.

Now i have to really think about the food i eat, the accessories i wear, and every move i make. Its an awesome feeling, they really need a hard difficulty setting thats much less lenient with items because this feels awesome.

Nydius

Whats the best way to max out fishing?

From what I could gather while grinding fishing for the platinum, I don't think harder-to-catch fish give you any more fishing rep than catching easy fish. I had been spamming Vesperpool right by Bert's Bobbers but got fed up with the occasional Vesper Gar taking ridiculously long amounts of time to catch even when leveled.

So I went back to the river where the second fishing quest was where I could almost literally instacatch Rainbow and River Trout and went from levels 7.5 to 10 in about an hour and a half.

I may be wrong and you may actually get more rep for catching more difficult fish but if that's the case the amount is so nominal that it seems much faster just to keep catching easy fish.

Link1110

A story prediction, if I may

1. Now that the game has me date iris and get to like her she gonna die
2. When that halted, I'm gonna yell WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR

Am I right?

Lite if you want a steady 30fps with no frame pacing issues.

HR if you don't mind drops in 30fps and a continuous frame pacing issue.

I played it in HR cuz it looks way nicer and it looks great on my 4k display. Are you doing 4k? or downsampling?

I notice frame pacing more when im in the car, but dont notice too many frame rate drops.

Top Bottom