• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

So why would I want to play New Game Plus, I'm trying to find a reason here. It is not like there are multiple ending or alternative character build

Wait, I thought NG+ was supposed to be

1. Keep everything, minus gear.
2. Make enemies start at level 50+.

I didn't read that but that is what I would have expected.

theofficefan99

Me, as I was enjoying Chapter 9 before I initiated the main quest: wow, this is incredible, I love this game even with its flaws.

Me, after completing Chapter 9's main story: I want to flush this game down the toilet.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
LMAO at Prompto's Japanese dub after infiltrating the first empire base and defeating the boss.

Saw my first summon,
Ramuh
, for the first time. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm on chapter 6 and supposed to talk to Iris. How soon do I come back to the open world? Some of the other times they mentioned I wouldn't be back soon hardly took anytime, but I realize I'm slowly getting l closer to the linear part so I just want to make sure.

Jared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO at Prompto's Japanese dub after infiltrating the first empire base and defeating the boss.

Saw my first summon,
Ramuh
, for the first time. HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm on chapter 6 and supposed to talk to Iris. How soon do I come back to the open world? Some of the other times they mentioned I wouldn't be back soon hardly took anytime, but I realize I'm slowly getting l closer to the linear part so I just want to make sure.

Jared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only chapter where you spend a sizable time unable to go back into the open world is 13. Even that is only about an hour.

As for new game +, I'll try it out with the Japanese audio fir shiggles.

massoluk

Banned
The only chapter where you spend a sizable time unable to go back into the open world is 13. Even that is only about an hour.

As for new game +, I'll try it out with the Japanese audio fir shiggles
Thank you, I finally found a reason to do NG+
Good bye Texan Cindy

Jeffrey

huh just realize you can just sprint past fights in ch13 at some point.

they really didn't bother thinking much of this section... or most of the game eh? lol

I just beat the game. I rather liked the ending, but a little disappointed
we didn't get to see what happens to everyone. The world is saved, we see after life Noctis and Luna, and it's just done.

Going to see what all gets saved in ng+, then probably go back and do post game stuff over the next couple weeks.

Patch 1.03 out. Whats it for?

New game+

Fixes to stuff we don't know yet.

Didn't see it mentioned but I'm sure I missed it, I'll repeat it again though for those curious...

NG+ saves pretty much everything. Weapons, items, levels, ascension. Enemies are the same level as they always were, I assume the same for the bosses.

ramyeon

I realized i didnt choose the option to hear the
bahamut
speak
Still should have been better explained though
Ardyn also has a monologue explaining who he is before the Bahamut scene and there are paintings in Insomnia which when interacted with talk about it more as well.

ffvorax

Ok I'm exploring Pitioss Ruins... the dungeon is incredible, I didn't knew there was such a dungeon in the post-game! :O

Loving the idea of an only puzzle dungeon! Actually I just finished the 2D part of it, and then I had to stop playing and put the PS4 on rest mode... more or less 2h in there, is there more of it or I am at the end? Really loving it though.

Ok I'm exploring Pitioss Ruins... the dungeon is incredible, I didn't knew there was such a dungeon in the post-game! :O

Loving the idea of an only puzzle dungeon! Actually I just finished the 2D part of it, and then I had to stop playing and put the PS4 on rest mode... more or less 2h in there, is there more of it or I am at the end? Really loving it though.

You've still got more to do.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Changing that fixes it but then other games look wrong. They broke something I think. (Lg C6 OLED, PS4 Pro here)
Yeah, setting this to maximum might break other games, but for some titles it's the only way, depending on your TV.

Every time I play God Eater 2: RB or PSO2 I have to change this. It might have been the case with FFXV, but I haven't played anything else since then, so I honestly don't remember.

Of course if this just changed with the newest patch, it means that they can and might do something about it in the next update.

Mcdohl

Just got to Chapter 14.

This game has been a roller-coaster.

I'm in love again.

But you can definitely tell some great ideas could've used more budget/time.

I'm at Chapter 8 and I feel like the game is rushing me through the story. Am I going to come up on a break period where I can just roam around and do missions again?

SLV

Questions about the colosseum. Where do I buy the other horns, and do I have to get the magitek generator if I have finished the game?

ffvorax

I'm at Chapter 8 and I feel like the game is rushing me through the story. Am I going to come up on a break period where I can just roam around and do missions again?

Anytime you find a rest point, you can call Umbra to go back to the open world.I don't remember if it is only after Chp.9 but not a real spoiler anyway... it's just a new option you get by when the game get linear.

I am a believer of perception.

After about a full day or so of farming the helix horn for engine blade, nothing.

Took the 50 % drop rate food, and got it on first try, after doing so.

Risev1

New game+

Fixes to stuff we don't know yet.

Didn't see it mentioned but I'm sure I missed it, I'll repeat it again though for those curious...

NG+ saves pretty much everything. Weapons, items, levels, ascension. Enemies are the same level as they always were, I assume the same for the bosses.

So it basically makes the game incredibly easier, considering enemies don't scale?

hmmm not sure if my next playthrough should be new game plus or not

Mailbox

So it basically makes the game incredibly easier, considering enemies don't scale?

hmmm not sure if my next playthrough should be new game plus or not

Honestly once the level limiter hits, I think i might try a level 1 run or a "level recommended" run (depending on how the level limiter works and if I feel like the challenge is good or just annoying).

NG+ seems like a huge wash simply because you retain level and enemies don't scale. such a waste :(

This might be the first game I've played in which I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ANYTHING IS GOING ON. WHO ARE YOU. WHY ARE YOU DOING STUFF.

Game seriously could use a codex as well.

I even watched the movie and anime lol.

Doesn't help that the dialogue is terrible to the point that my mind just goes blank when watching lol.

I know the game's been through development hell but man...

Change the language to japanese, it solves everything =), the english VA is way to cringe.

Risev1

Change the language to japanese, it solves everything =), the english VA is way to cringe.

To their credit, none of the main English VA's phoned it in. They all clearly did their best. It's just that the material they were given wasn't that incredible when translated into English. Also, I'm sure the English voice directors are to blame, since a lot of scenes see a total shift in tone when translated from Japanese to English, and it's not due to a weakness in the actors abilities.

I did finish the game in English though, and I consider it to be a very viable way to play the game.

NG+ seems like a huge wash simply because you retain level and enemies don't scale. such a waste :(

Yeah there is very little reason for it unless you really really want to do the story again and you don't even want to look at side quests. It's very clear it was a last second addition, not a well thought out mode of it's own.

The English VA are quite good, the writing isn't great in spots but their delivery it's fine. As for Japanese... I mean... They are delivering most of the same... I think a lot of people find it easier taking camp when it's a language they don't speak fluently.

It's why you don't hear Japanese audiences taking to bad about American movie dialogue and it's delivery. They love their Arnold Schwarzenegger movies.

To their credit, none of the main English VA's phoned it in. They all clearly did their best. It's just that the material they were given wasn't that incredible when translated into English. Also, I'm sure the English voice directors are to blame, since a lot of scenes see a total shift in tone when translated from Japanese to English, and it's not due to a weakness in the actors abilities.

I did finish the game in English though, and I consider it to be a very viable way to play the game.

Yeah, I'm not blaming the actor or anything, it just doesn't feel right to me, like way too forced, I can't stand it (anyway, that's a personal opinion, maybe some one loves it)
I usually play Japanese games in Japanese given the option without hesitate.
On the other hand, the japanese voice are really good until the point where they said the same thing too much.

The English voice acting for the main cast in this varies from decent to fantastic.

The Japanese VA sound like generic anime voice actors. Just because you can't understand it doesn't make it better.

For me it feels more fitting with the characters when their's angry or showing emotions, the english one feels out of place, I just didn't like the english one at all.

The only english voice that I really liked was the Ardyn, it's the only character that it feels right to me, same thing happen in the movie, was the only good VA.

ramyeon

The English voice acting for the main cast in this varies from decent to fantastic.

The Japanese VA sound like generic anime voice actors. Just because you can't understand it doesn't make it better.

Gemeanie

It sounds "generic anime" perhaps because you don't understand them.

Imo Noct and Prompt are good in English but Ignis and Gladio are just awful while Ignis in Japanese is among the best in the entire game.

Ferr986

Some people will never be pleased with an english dub no matter how good it is. They just want it to sound like with their animes.

The english VA is fantastic. Especially Noc and Prompto, but all 4 bros are really well done. The same can be said for the guests characters.

Apt101

My game was bugged, the option to get the
Regalia Type-F
only now triggered long after I finished the story (I guess this patch fixed it). Man it looks sick.
I crashed the fuck out of it on my first flight.

Top Bottom