• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

jackdoe

Just got to chapter 6. You could definitely tell the game was stitched together in the story department and it's practically falling apart by the seams at this point. Still having fun though, and it's definitely better than cassette tapes that explain key events that you listen to on the side.

also, make sure you unleash the finisher when all bros are alive, for the best damage, also the animation is extended.

if you do it with 1 of the bros dead/red hp, it will do a short version.

I rarely use arminger weapons. The chain is just r1+l1, right? Also what is the finisher and how do you do it? I dont remember seeing it in the tutorial.

Kaizer

Banned
This Cup Noodle Sidequest thoooooo, LMAO! How cheesy is this? Only way it would've been better is if it ended with a voiceover from Gladio telling the audience to purchase Cup Noodles from their local grocery while each of the bros proudly held a cup.

Morris

Disco Devil
FuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKK costlemark tower, holy hell...

Just spent 3.5 hours beating these stupid ass x3 iron giants + snakes, when I finally went in the right cube in the correct order to get to the boss the shit glitches and I had to fast travel out to get it to unglitch. So many resources and time wasted...

Just spent 3.5 hours beating these stupid ass x3 iron giants + snakes, when I finally went in the right cube in the correct order to get to the boss the shit glitches and I had to fast travel out to get it to unglitch. So many resources and time wasted...

same happened to me. i got kicked out in the middle of the maze and had to it do it over.

Blablurn

From what I could gather while grinding fishing for the platinum, I don't think harder-to-catch fish give you any more fishing rep than catching easy fish. I had been spamming Vesperpool right by Bert's Bobbers but got fed up with the occasional Vesper Gar taking ridiculously long amounts of time to catch even when leveled.

So I went back to the river where the second fishing quest was where I could almost literally instacatch Rainbow and River Trout and went from levels 7.5 to 10 in about an hour and a half.

I may be wrong and you may actually get more rep for catching more difficult fish but if that's the case the amount is so nominal that it seems much faster just to keep catching easy fish.

Thanks for the answer mate :)

Nydius

Thanks for the answer mate :)

No problem, hope it helps!

This Cup Noodle Sidequest thoooooo, LMAO! How cheesy is this? Only way it would've been better is if it ended with a voiceover from Gladio telling the audience to purchase Cup Noodles from their local grocery while each of the bros proudly held a cup.

It gets better. When browsing around certain mobile, non-ad blocked, versions of some gaming sites, this ad sometimes pops up in rotation. I've seen it on IGN, Eurogamer/USGamer, and others.

iLuzznU.jpg

FHIZ

Can someone explain to me wtf I'm supposed to do agains the
Leviathan
boss?

I get you have to warp strike and then do damage until some stuff happens, but here's the thing, I don't think I know how to properly warpstrike in this game. Past chapter 2 or something, I went from pressing triangle to warp strike an enemy to pressing triangle and the only thing that happens is Noctis goes in some random direction anywhere but the enemy, even if I'm locked on. So that's been a major problem. But for this boss, I warp strike, maybe get a hit half the time, and I can either hold circle to try and attack, then immediately fall, or keep holding the lock on button and triangle to do more warp strikes and basically zero damage.

Seriously, what am I missing here?

Wat. Went to the
volcano
dungeon
and there was no boss. Saw some kind of giant bird nest but no boss. I had killed a giant black bird before so maybe that's why???

Also fuck the
sewer
dungeon

Kaizer

Banned
No problem, hope it helps!

It gets better. When browsing around certain mobile, non-ad blocked, versions of some gaming sites, this ad sometimes pops up in rotation. I've seen it on IGN, Eurogamer/USGamer, and others.

iLuzznU.jpg

Hah, that's great.

Does anyone know where to go for Chocobo Races? I feel like I'm overlooking something very obvious - I'm in Chapter 8 & haven't done a single one yet.

Nydius

Hah, that's great.

Does anyone know where to go for Chocobo Races? I feel like I'm overlooking something very obvious - I'm in Chapter 8 & haven't done a single one yet.

Across the street from Wiz Chocobo Post. You'll see pink and blue lines up on your minimap, which are the track routes. Edit - Clarification: You'll see a sign that says Chocobo Races on that side of the street and there will be a buy/sell hut with a NPC who you talk to in order to set up races.

Kaizer

Banned
Across the street from Wiz Chocobo Post. You'll see pink and blue lines up on your minimap, which are the track routes. Edit - Clarification: You'll see a sign that says Chocobo Races on that side of the street and there will be a buy/sell hut with a NPC who you talk to in order to set up races.

Cool, thanks!

mauaus

Seriously fuck costlemark tower, i have fought
3 giants and a snakething
4 times now and i cant find the way out... Cant figure this shift out and its driving me nuts
What is thr right fucking path here, shits got me angry af

Imo man fuck this story, i seriously would have had no idea who ardyn was if i didnt go on wikipedia, game doesnt explain shit

And i just finished chapter 14 lol

Voliko

Well, I finished the game. People really weren't joking about chapter 13. It's terrible. It is the worst sequence I've played in a game in a while. Not like it was frustrating or anything. Just completely devoid of fun, nuance, or thought.

And the story revelations in the chapter are ridiculously cliche. Like watching a runaway train finally crash and burn.

If the combat was at least a little fun then that would be enough to redeem the game for me, but it's not.

I only played a few but I am done with open world games

massoluk

Banned
Leviathan
boss?

I get you have to warp strike and then do damage until some stuff happens, but here's the thing, I don't think I know how to properly warpstrike in this game. Past chapter 2 or something, I went from pressing triangle to warp strike an enemy to pressing triangle and the only thing that happens is Noctis goes in some random direction anywhere but the enemy, even if I'm locked on. So that's been a major problem. But for this boss, I warp strike, maybe get a hit half the time, and I can either hold circle to try and attack, then immediately fall, or keep holding the lock on button and triangle to do more warp strikes and basically zero damage.

Dude, you must be like the first person with trouble with that boss ever. It was the most trivial fight ever such that I don't remember the detail or how to advise you

Sassen

Seriously fuck costlemark tower, i have fought
3 giants and a snakething
4 times now and i cant find the way out... Cant figure this shift out and its driving me nuts
What is thr right fucking path here, shits got me angry af

Without giving too much away. Use your map when underground, you sometimes have more than one choice in where to move.

Leviathan
boss?

I hate to say it, but I think you can just hold circle, lol.

RDreamer

Dude, you must be like the first person with trouble with that boss ever. It was the most trivial fight ever such that I don't remember the detail or how to advise you

I kind of had trouble, too. I didn't die or anything, or get remotely near it, but I didn't know what in fuck's name to actually do. The fight was a serious mess.

ghibli99

Had to go through this dungeon twice as well because I thought it autosaved after I was done... but I was mistaken. :( Brutal.

The dungeon itself isn't a bad idea, but its execution is pretty weak.

jb1234

So why would I want to play New Game Plus, I'm trying to find a reason here. It is not like there are multiple ending or alternative character build

To experience the story again, I guess? I'm struggling to come up with reasons myself. Maybe the DLC will require you to be at a certain point in the story to play (which would be incredibly irritating but I wouldn't put it past this team).

To experience the story again, I guess? I'm struggling to come up with reasons myself. Maybe the DLC will require you to be at a certain point in the story to play (which would be incredibly irritating but I wouldn't put it past this team).

I'm guessing to rerun some of the set pieces?

So why would I want to play New Game Plus, I'm trying to find a reason here. It is not like there are multiple ending or alternative character build
I guess it's really just for seeing the story now, since you can't use it to max out your Ascension grid. Maybe obtaining multiples of unique items? I dunno.

Epcott

Well... you guys were right, I hate chapter 13. It became
Metal Gear FLAC!D
out of nowhere.

Just how many chapters are there? Please tell me this gimmick doesn't last until the end of the game, because if so
all the grinding and special weapons I acquired were for not noct.

Leviathan
boss?

You sorta have to aim your warp strike...even if locked on. Im not sure what to say, I didn't know anyone had a warp striking problem.

ghibli99

I think it'll be good when the additional content and stuff arrives later. For now though, I guess to super-easy mode it and collect more rare items.

I'm not in any hurry to replay the game though. Postgame content is gonna take me forever to finish, if I ever do. Working on my Ascension grid, and am farming around 2000 AP a night, which at this point is only unlocking a handful of nodes. :( So many 999s...

Nydius

I am SO annoyed that new game+ doesn't reset you back to level 1. That seemed like a total no-brainer to me.

Agreed. I can't see much reason to bother since I'm already max level and not doing a level reset means I'd only be earning AP through the same farming methods I can use without touching NG+. I honestly expected NG+ to be a reset to level 1 while keeping everything else in tact and with a tangible increase in enemy difficulty or strategy to compensate for the carried over abilities and easy access to higher level food buffs.

Agreed. I can't see much reason to bother since I'm already max level and not doing a level reset means I'd only be earning AP through the same farming methods I can use without touching NG+. I honestly expected NG+ to be a reset to level 1 while keeping everything else in tact and with a tangible increase in enemy difficulty or strategy to compensate for the carried over abilities and easy access to higher level food buffs.
I feel like FFX-2 did it perfectly and it's weird that this game didn't just duplicate that one.

Azio

Kay, Ive almost reached the end of the 6th chapter I guess. The game is the best FF to me until now. However, I feel like the game is short.... That's probably I haven't finished a second aide quest!

Anyway, when I was in a middle of task, I noticed the characters were tired, then I remembered I didn't feed them for ages. Is that the reason why they were tired and could barely walk??

Ugh

Got to the
Revas
fight in Ch13 and I'm getting my ass handed to me at lv40

....guess i need to go talk to Umbra, do some shit and level up?

jb1234

Ugh

Got to the
Revas
fight in Ch13 and I'm getting my ass handed to me at lv40

....guess i need to go talk to Umbra, do some shit and level up?

You can if you want but he's really obnoxious either way because your bros are completely clueless and run into his AOE attacks relentlessly. If you have a lot of healing items, you should be good to go at that level.

Leviathan
boss?

You need to hold r1 to lock on, then warp strike. In that battle lock on, and then do regular attacks until it looks like you can warp strike. If you are at a distance your regular attacks are missiles. I suspect you aren't using r1 effectively.

Top Bottom