• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Tempting as it may be, I only allow one Dread Fighter (Chrom) in my party to have that feeling of "uniqueness." And his official portrait actually mesh rather well with Dread Fighter's appearance!

That's why I am not gonna touch Bride... or, at the very least, not making it a final class for any of my female characters. The look is just too jarring and clashes too improperly with any character's portrait.

CorvoSol

dancer units are usually like that

i'd drop her unless you REALLY like her, she's too high maintenance.

I made her Chrom's wife. Gotta drag her into the fighting somehow. Plus I like Dancers.

Question: Does she lose her purple sparkles in other Job classes?

Aggrotek

Ok guys I need your advice.

If I put $10.00 on my DS which DLC should I get? I know I am gunna get the Golden Pack, but which 3rd thing should I buy. I will have $4 left after I buy it.

So I could get any 1 of the Character maps.

Also, if I buy it on one save file, can all my saves use it?

After the overwhelming popularity of Awakening, it almost certainly will.

The child mechanic might be absent, or implemented differently, but they'd be crazy to take out the relationship building.

Of course, supports are guaranteed to be in. But supports don't necessarily guarantee a pairing system like in Awakening. It could be like the system in the GBA games, where each units has 5 or 6 options to reach an A-support with, and marriage only happens in the epilogue.

At any rate, though, I'd like to see more same-sex supports regardless of whether or not marriage is in.

I am using this for my entire 194 hours:

fire_emblem_awakening_4a.jpg

I am not even aware that there is another type of view. I know about the full/partial status screen, but not this. Golly God this is weird, hahahaha.

It's in the combat forecast, bro. Before the fight actually starts. Select an enemy to fight, in Full view, and under the player unit forecast you'll see two percentages next to a sword and shield icon, provided there's an ally to fight with.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I made her Chrom's wife. Gotta drag her into the fighting somehow. Plus I like Dancers.

Question: Does she lose her purple sparkles in other Job classes?

Don't just stuck her in Dancer man.

Pull out all the stops!

Anyways, imagining real life scenarios of various events happening in Fire Emblem is quite funny. Like how Sumia would react if the love of his life suddenly hitching with a girl that he only knows for probably just a day or two, or how Chrom reacts if
the Avatar marries Lucina (actually pretty well, considering Chapter 21 Husband version)

Ok guys I need your advice.

If I put $10.00 on my DS which DLC should I get? I know I am gunna get the Golden Pack, but which 3rd thing should I buy. I will have $4 left after I buy it.

So I could get any 1 of the Character maps.

Also, if I buy it on one save file, can all my saves use it?

Yes to your second question.

As for the first, click here so you can decide which one interest you the most. Get Lost Bloodline 2 for Dread Fighter, Lost Bloodline 3 for Paragon (very useful for grinding), Smash Brethren 2 for Bride, and Smash Brethren 3 for Iote Shield + Lyndis. Or... EXPonential Growth for unequalled level grinding + support building on the side.

It's in the combat forecast, bro. Before the fight actually starts. Select an enemy to fight, in Full view, and under the player unit forecast you'll see two percentages next to a sword and shield icon, provided there's an ally to fight with.

Hahahahah damn. 194 hours, can you imagine? Ah well...

CorvoSol

Pull out all the stops!

Anyways, imagining real life scenarios of various events happening in Fire Emblem is quite funny. Like how Sumia would react if the love of his life suddenly hitching with a girl that he only knows for probably just a day or two, or how Chrom reacts if
the Avatar marries Lucina (actually pretty well, considering Chapter 21 Husband version)

As for the first, click here so you can decide which one interest you the most.

It's made funnier by Chrom having reached A support with Sumia before I did that. So one minute Sumia is having a romance with Chrom, then she kinda gets roped into a thing with Frederick, and then BANG Chrom is married within a fortnight.

Yeah, the purple sparkles is only on the dancer.

However, I reclassed her as an assassin. Suddenly, I was in Cleavage City.

So Dancer doesn't yield any abilities I need to learn before reclassing?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So Dancer doesn't yield any abilities I need to learn before reclassing?

Nope, unless you want to use dancer later on but really... dancer is sort of kind of useless in the grand scheme of things.

Also, when are we gonna get the last female character that Male Avatar can marry? I want to finish up all of his support collection so bad.

It's killing me that due to support collection that I am unable to marry him off to the best person that I like the best though :\ Also missing one of the best scenes in the game :\\\\

ohlawd

Might just go ahead and say Olivia as a dancer is the best character model in the game.

Dat midriff. Dat casual brushing of her chest when performing a dance.

Aggrotek

Pull out all the stops!

As for the first, click here so you can decide which one interest you the most. Get Lost Bloodline 2 for Dread Fighter, Lost Bloodline 3 for Paragon (very useful for grinding), Smash Brethren 2 for Bride, and Smash Brethren 3 for Iote Shield + Lyndis. Or... EXPonential Growth for unequalled level grinding + support building on the side.

Hahahahah damn. 194 hours, can you imagine? Ah well...

Can you redo the missions to get the class items over and over?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Can you redo the missions to get the class items over and over?

Yes, as many times as you like or as many items you want.

On another note...I need to play my other 3DS games (such as Etrian Odyssey IV or Harvest Moon A New Beginning....buying them but not playing them, bahh... ) but this game KEEPS CALLING ME AND I CAN'T RESIST.

I am never gonna finish my backlog of 3DS games both retail and e-shop this way.

Aggrotek

Ok sweet, so I should I just get the EXP one, the gold one, and 2 of the Hero ones? I can't decide. :(

I like the sound of the Dread Fighter though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ok sweet, so I should I just get the EXP one, the gold one, and 2 of the Hero ones? I can't decide. :(

I like the sound of the Dread Fighter though.

Well... depends, will you play this game over and over again, do you want to collect support, etc etc.

If you don't, then I suggest you get the Dread Fighter / Bride one. If you do, EXPonential and Golden Gaffe will serve you well in the long run (especially if you, in the end, want to buy all the other DLCs)

ohlawd

Of course not, when Donnel can proc 96% and Inigo can proc 110% :p

And I refuse to use Donnel for end-game DLCs, considering he will suck on it.

Does your Inigo really have 50 Luck?
Mine has 47 Luck with Chrom as the dad so that's 104% for Armsthrift with Rightful King.

Let's see... who else has Armsthrift in mah team...
88% for Cordelia
90% for Flavia
90% for Severa
98% for Kjelle

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Does your Inigo really have 50 Luck?
Mine has 47 Luck with Chrom as the dad so that's 104% for Armsthrift with Rightful King.

Let's see... who else has Armsthrift in mah team...
88% for Cordelia
90% for Flavia
90% for Severa
98% for Kjelle

Just check, actually 47 luck as Assassin with Olivia/Chrom as his mum/dad.

So actually 104% (why did I imagine it as 110%, huh) but that's more than enough to ensure my Scarlet Fate (forged Alm's Blade, heheheh) or The Empress (forged Eirika's Blade, I really like this name) will never run out of uses.

Gvaz

Banned
Only DLC to buy is the EXP pack and one of the other ones like the Gold.

Also after about 10 hours I turned Combat Animations off. It's cool at first but it's just too time consuming to watch.

Apparently you can change the view to first person mode!

ohlawd

Just check, actually 47 luck as Assassin with Olivia/Chrom as his mum/dad.

So actually 104% (why did I imagine it as 110%, huh) but that's more than enough to ensure my Scarlet Fate (forged Alm's Blade, heheheh) or The Empress (forged Eirika's Blade, I really like this name) will never run out of uses.

The Empress is a sick name, I agree :)

Any reason why Eirika's Blade over Brave Sword? Because of the crit? IIRC, EB maxes at 25 crit while BS goes to 15. Meanwhile, EB has 11 Mt with BS getting 14 Mt.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The Empress is a sick name, I agree :)

Any reason why Eirika's Blade over Brave Sword? Because of the crit? IIRC, EB maxes at 25 crit while BS goes to 15. Meanwhile, EB has 11 Mt with BS getting 14 Mt.

That (I always prefer Critical over Might), and the fact that the name The Empress is more thematically suitable for Eirika's Blade :D

I also like her, though I won't miss out a potentially paired up couple over her.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
He is like Vaike, actually.

Good enough, but easily passed by multitude of other characters.

Well, actually Vaike has his strength at the very least. Stahl....? Hmmmmm.

I was wondering when Awkward Zombie was going to post a FE:A comic.

Lyn + Sol Katti is so great. But I feel like the critical percentages in this game are a lot worse than previous Fire Emblems. I used to get them ALL the time at like 30% in FE7 and beyond, but even with 80% chance in Awakening a lot of times it doesn't give me a critical ):

CorvoSol

Isn't the point of Stahl that he's supposed to be average? I swear it mentions somewhere that he's the most average guy in the army or something.

I still might pair him up with Tharja. This curse thing is comedy gold, and whoever turns out to be Tharja's baby is gonna need a good dad. Because I kinda feel like Tharja has a sick sense of humor and won't make for a great mom.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

He's pretty good once you turn him into a Great Knight and he gets Luna. In the early game I just used him to piggyback Lissa, though.

Vaike's got a shitton of hp and can get Counter relatively quickly.

PK Gaming

He never turns out spectacular for me, only passable at best.

Probably just for Severa's father, but that's it... and I prefer Fred or Lon'qu over him for that.

Stahl is great... he just has a few flaws that end up stacking together

For starters, you absolutely need to fix his speed stat to make him any good. His SPD growth it 50% which is nice, but he has a base speed of 6. He is the poster boy for "Speed screwed" characters. For example, I had a level 10 Stahl with 8 Speed. What I do is reclass him into Myrmidon for the above average Speed growth, and reclass him back into Paladin when i'm done.

He's supposed to be Mr. Average, but his growths are anything BUT average, har har har. Once he gets going he's one of the best units in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom