• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cordelia's supports with Gregor after she has married someone else... :/

Um, he's not transgendered perse, theres no hormone manipulation in the middle ages. And they definitely have hinted at same sex relationships in the past (HI RAVEN/LUCIUS or Soren/Ike).

It just doesn't work in a game like this where marriage = baby making relationship, and nothing else.
Fire Emblem doesn't take place in the middle ages. It is a fantasy setting. There could certainly be hormone manipulation through any number of explanations.
Though going by what Aversa says, he is most likely a eunuch.

Also, not all marriage in Awakening result in children. Marrying two 2nd generation characters does not produce children.

There definitely should of been same sex relationships. There are multiple ways they could of integrated it into the game while still maintaining the child mechanic. They could of had an adoption mechanic that would of forsaken passed down skill for another bonus like an additional class set or stat buffs. There are also 10 characters that only produce a child if they marry Robin, they could of easily made some of them available for same sex relationships, even if they didn't produce a child.

As you mentioned, the Fire Emblem series has already introduced gay relationships in previous games. It's now time they took the next step and fully integrate them into the series.

ohlawd

Wait, that's not the commander dude? How's the show compare to the game?

We don't know for sure. But at least we know that she's related to JP's given her outfit.

She could be:
-Yamato's twin sister
-Yamato's imouto
-Yamato's onee-chan
-a gender bender Yamato from a different dimension

The show had a pretty good 1st episode. They made some changes but imo, they aren't too major.

Yeah, Makoto was my favorite until she came along. Extra shapely is always good.

man, she's voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro in the animu. laaaaaawd yes thank you.

We don't know for sure. But at least we know that she's related to JP's given her outfit.

She could be:
-Yamato's twin sister
-Yamato's imouto
-Yamato's onee-chan
-a gender bender Yamato from a different dimension

The show had a pretty good 1st episode. They made some changes but imo, they aren't too major.
Maybe Yamato was a woman all along. Chestbindings are a helluva drug.

Considering it's an adaptation of a videogame, "pretty good" is a lot better than I expected. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am collecting supports but I think for the moment I am ready to move on (feels kinda tiring at the moment...) so I guess I'll just get male-Avatar supports first and then for the rest of the guys I'll grab it during my next Female Avatar run.

Choose the pairings for the ladies in my army ready to be married for me Fire Emblem GAF:

1. Nowi - Avatar, Frederick, Kellam, Henry, Donnel, Gaius.
2. Panne- Avatar, Frederick, Stahl, Kellam, Gaius.
3. Lissa - Frederick, Virion, Vaike, Stahl, Lon'qu, Ricken, Libra, Henry, Donnel.
4. Maribelle - Avatar, Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, Henry
5. Sumia - Avatar, Henry, Frederick, Gaius.
6. Cordelia - Frederick, Stahl, Lon'qu, Gaius, Henry, Donnel.
7. Tharja - Kellam, Lon'qu, Gaius, Libra, Donnel.
8. Cherche - Avatar, Frederick, Kellam, Lon'qu, Gaius.
9. Miriel - Stahl, Kellam, Gaius, Donnel.
10. Sully - Avatar, Frederick, Vaike, Kellam, Lon'qu, Gaius, Donnel.

ohlawd

I am collecting supports but I think for the moment I am ready to move on (feels kinda tiring at the moment...) so I guess I'll just get male-Avatar supports first and then for the rest of the guys I'll grab it during my next Female Avatar run.

Choose the pairings for the ladies in my army ready to be married for me Fire Emblem GAF:

Some of these don't seem complete. I was going to pair up Panne with Virion for example. Is it because you've done those already on previous runs?

Just married Chrom to Olivia. Hilarious, random, and so, so good.

What doesn't make sense is that Olivia still has C to S support convos with Chrom. Check these out if you haven't already via Support Log.

ohlawd

C through A are the same supports you'd get if Chrom had married someone else instead, right?

You mean like the generic supports kids get with their fathers? No.
Copypasta'ing Sumia, Sully or Maribelle's won't work either since that's three options to choose from and there'd be no consistency.

Olivia's supports with Chrom are all unique.

backlot

You mean like the generic supports kids get with their fathers? No.
Copypasta'ing Sumia, Sully or Maribelle's won't work either since that's three options to choose from and there'd be no consistency.

Olivia's supports with Chrom are all unique.
No I mean if Chrom marries someone else he can still get up to an A rank support with Olivia. I assume those are the supports that get added to the log if he marries Olivia and skips straight to S.

ohlawd

No I mean if Chrom marries someone else he can still get up to an A rank support with Olivia. I assume those are the supports that get added to the log if he marries Olivia and skips straight to S.

oh crap what the hell am I thinking. Yes you are completely right.

edit: lol pretty much had this thought in my head that if Olivia didn't marry Chrom by that chapter, she'd be completely locked out of supports with Chrom. jeezus someone shoot me. I be dead all up in my brain.

CorvoSol

Yeah but the idea that he meets this girl and proposes to her in the same battle is hilarious to me. Take that, Sumia, you lousy generic try-hard. That's why you got married to the BUTLER.

GSR

Kind of a weird question, but do characters gain support points at different rates with different characters? It seems like it's taking a really long time to get Morgan (female) and Yarne up to S compared to some other characters.

Kind of a weird question, but do characters gain support points at different rates with different characters? It seems like it's taking a really long time to get Morgan (female) and Yarne up to S compared to some other characters.

It was that way in previous games, but I don't know if it's that way here.

It seemed that way to me, too, but I don't have any proof, either.

Omnicent

Honestly I have not played a handheld game since the GBA, and I took the dive last week and ordered FE:A and a 3DSXL. I am so glade I did, so much fun.

Also,I have a quick question. What is the latest you can do the side-quests to recruit the children? I looked on serene forest and I did not see anything.

Oh, and Cordelia X Lon'qu for life. My boy Lon got that phobia fixed quickly when the goddess came into his life (I enjoyed their conversations a lot).

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I have not played a handheld game since the GBA, and I took the dive last week and ordered FE:A and a 3DSXL. I am so glade I did, so much fun.

Also,I have a quick question. What is the latest you can do the side-quests to recruit the children? I looked on serene forest and I did not see anything.

Oh, and Cordelia X Lon'qu for life. My boy Lon got that phobia fixed quickly when the goddess came into his life (I enjoyed their conversations a lot).

There's no cut off, you can beat the game and still keep doing paralogues.

And Cordelia + Lon'qu is great for what they pass to Severa. +6 skill and speed, yes please.

zroid

Banned
I guess they could write in a handful of specifically gay characters in a future Fire Emblem, who wouldn't have kids anyway (and can't marry opposite gendered, non-gay characters). That would be pretty cool.

Soulhouf

I ordered this game about two months ago from Play-Asia and am still waiting for them to get more stock. Wtfffff.

You remind me that it's been a year I'm waiting play-asia to ship my copy of No More Heroes: Red Zone Edition which is on hold since then lol

Did old Fire Emblem games have this many waves of enemies cheaply pop up and attack on the same turn? I know that dialogue seems to warn when enemies are going to pop up within the next couple of turns, but it really sucks when archers pop up 3/4 of the way through a level and take out Sumia or Cherche without me getting a chance to react. I feel it removes some of the strategy as I either have to not use certain characters ever, or I have to play the level through a couple of times to "learn" the enemy placement which is not fun for me.

Draxal

I guess they could write in a handful of specifically gay characters in a future Fire Emblem, who wouldn't have kids anyway (and can't marry opposite gendered, non-gay characters). That would be pretty cool.

Well, not sure if the kid mechanic is coming back. (However, it is a key part of the mechanic of two of the most well loved fire emblems in this one and 4). And part of the fun of Blazing Sword were seeing the parents of Sword of Binding's characters.

Anyway, it would probably be like an Owain/Lucina or Raven/Lucius thing or Ike/Soren (although that one might have been retconned with Priam's appearance); heavily implied but not official

Chrom

Did old Fire Emblem games have this many waves of enemies cheaply pop up and attack on the same turn? I know that dialogue seems to warn when enemies are going to pop up within the next couple of turns, but it really sucks when archers pop up 3/4 of the way through a level and take out Sumia or Cherche without me getting a chance to react. I feel it removes some of the strategy as I either have to not use certain characters ever, or I have to play the level through a couple of times to "learn" the enemy placement which is not fun for me.

Most of the old Fire Emblem games had this as a standard, yeah.

PBalfredo

They only move on the same turn they appear if you're playing on Hard difficulty or above. Also, if one of your characters is standing on their spawn point (forts/stairs) on the turn they're suppose to appear, it stops that enemy from spawning (you can safely move off that tile next turn). So sometimes it's best to leave some character behind on those tiles as you move forward to "hold" your territory.

Draxal

Cordelia's supports with Gregor after she has married someone else... :/

Fire Emblem doesn't take place in the middle ages. It is a fantasy setting. There could certainly be hormone manipulation through any number of explanations.
Though going by what Aversa says, he is most likely a eunuch.

Also, not all marriage in Awakening result in children. Marrying two 2nd generation characters does not produce children.

There definitely should of been same sex relationships. There are multiple ways they could of integrated it into the game while still maintaining the child mechanic. They could of had an adoption mechanic that would of forsaken passed down skill for another bonus like an additional class set or stat buffs. There are also 10 characters that only produce a child if they marry Robin, they could of easily made some of them available for same sex relationships, even if they didn't produce a child.

As you mentioned, the Fire Emblem series has already introduced gay relationships in previous games. It's now time they took the next step and fully integrate them into the series.

Um, what there is nothing that hints Lucius is 100% male at birth the entire time and there is no mention of him ever losing his equipment at all. And I think you might be confusing Lucius for Excellus? He's just a character made for the fujoshi fanbase, which fire emblem has a very strong fan presence there and they like to see gay pretty boys.

Pretty much every fire emblem is set in generic fantasy land, which is derived from the generic medieval kingdom days, every one from 1-13 with some fantastical elements.

Nintendo is a risk averse company in these types of games, they're going to avoid try enflaming the passions of both sides of that debate, by subtly hinting like they've done in the past, and this is a person who thinks the Male MU/Chrom romance works 10 times better then Fem MU/Chrom romance.

CorvoSol

Olivia might be my pick for best wife for Chrom, but I'll be damned if having to level her up at a point when most of my army is hitting level 20 is a pain in the neck. Also: Villager does not cap at 20?

Olivia might be my pick for best wife for Chrom, but I'll be damned if having to level her up at a point when most of my army is hitting level 20 is a pain in the neck. Also: Villager does not cap at 20?

Classes that don't promote like Villagers and Dancers cap out at level 30.

Not like you would ever want to level a Villager pass level 15 anyway.

Villager doesn't have its own promotion(like Manakete and Taguel) so it caps at 30 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom