• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

And that's Cynthia recruited. Um... wow. She's like a hyper-Sumia. In pretty much every sense of the word. A level 12 Pegasus Knight with roughly equal stats to Sumia, except for speed which is held back by not being promoted AND she comes with Aether and Galeforce.

What am I supposed to do with her? Toss a Master Seal her way at level 12 to let her become a Falcon Knight so she can keep getting Speed boosts at level up? And go for Lancefaire? She's way more powerful than a normal base class character. Also I may have found Lucina's pair up partner here... at least for now. Double Aether!

I suppose that's par for the game. Morgan is about as strong as Tiki, too. Severa and Nah are going to be really scary...

Shahadan

Damn you chapter 21.

Also about chapter 20
can you somehow weaken the Conqueror without killing Excellius? He implies he might finish him off or something

Ghazi

So I just did Paralogue 10
Isn't Severa supposed to be the sister of Morgan? She got killed during the mission, but I didn't save so I can go back and try to save her
Should I go back to my old save and level up more and come back to it later or just continue?

Sendou

So I just did Paralogue 10
Isn't Severa supposed to be the sister of Morgan? She got killed during the mission, but I didn't save so I can go back and try to save her
Should I go back to my old save and level up more and come back to it later or just continue?

Severa is his sister if your avatar married Cordelia
I would recommend going back. She's an awesome character.

Sendou

Ahh ok, my avatar did marry her. I guess I'll load my old save and not do that Paralogue for now.

Tip: Rescue staff is useful from stopping her from running to her doom. No reinforcements come to the south of the map so you'll be safe there until you have a passage for her to go (she goes towards the named villager)

Oxx

Cripes, enemy archers are no joke. No matter how beastly your characters, if you leave a flyer in the danger-zone it's down in one bow-shot.

McNum

Well, Fire Emblem is now my most played 3DS game. Ocarina of Time 3D is now only in second place, and I beat that twice, a normal run and a Master Quest run.

I'm still only at chapter 21, but I'm going for recruiting as many children as possible now. Next up: Nah with Underdog and Swordbreaker. Nowi is now going for Lifetaker and then back to Manakete. Then Owain with Galeforce and whatever Henry can do. Need to get Cordelia into Dark Flier. That one will be a grind, she's not suited for magic at all...

GC|Simon

I finished the story!! Needed 30:59h - and all this in eight sessions, each one à 3:52h. Great, great game. Can't wait for more challenges when the remaining DLC comes out.

Just beat this game, loved it! Really liked the ending too when
it told what every single character has been up to. Always love that stuff.

Good times good times. There was a spike in difficulty really late in the game but everything just started clicking for me when I started finding the best pair ups and whatnot. Then all was well. Took me about 15 hours and I did a lot of the side stuff too. Nothing beats a good strategy game. Love them.

Nohar

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg. Chapter 19 is insane. Play defensively: you will get swarmed. Play offensively: you will get swarmed. Stay in the starting aera of the map: you will get extra swarmed, and the reinforcements may kill an unprotected character.
I really don't want to send God Donnel clean most of the enemies, like I did during my first playthrough >_< Seriously, what the heck? There is virtually no choke-point in that chapter.

Ghazi

I have Lon'Qu at lvl 20, I just did a mass Master Seal use on half my team. But reading more online it seems that the preference for having Lon'Qu become an Assassin or Swordsmaster is split. I want to do Assassin so I can use him with bows, but the skills from Swordsmaster are supposedly really good. Any opinions from you guys on this? Also, lol at that comic

I know I ask a lot of things here, but this is the first game I've played of this genre (not counting FF tactics which I never finished) and I really enjoy discussing it with you guys

Why not both?

Go assassin to 15 and then second seal him back to swordmaster is what I did.

He's a beast either way.

That's what I was planning to do, I wanted to do Assin now for bows and then use seal him back to swordsmaster. I just really didn't want to miss out on those skills early on because I put him on the front lines a lot, I guess I'll just do that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have Lon'Qu at lvl 20, I just did a mass Master Seal use on half my team. But reading more online it seems that the preference for having Lon'Qu become an Assassin or Swordsmaster is split. I want to do Assassin so I can use him with bows, but the skills from Swordsmaster are supposedly really good. Any opinions from you guys on this? Also, lol at that comic

I know I ask a lot of things here, but this is the first game I've played of this genre (not counting FF tactics which I never finished) and I really enjoy discussing it with you guys

Why not both?

Go assassin to 15 and then second seal him back to swordmaster is what I did.

He's a beast either way.

Though Astra is better than lethality.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd go Swordmaster first since he'll get Swordfaire, which will benefit him as an Assassin. He won't really gain anything going from Assassin to Swordmaster, which is really a downgrade IMO (slightly worse stats and more limited weapons).

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg. Chapter 19 is insane. Play defensively: you will get swarmed. Play offensively: you will get swarmed. Stay in the starting aera of the map: you will get extra swarmed, and the reinforcements may kill an unprotected character.
I really don't want to send God Donnel clean most of the enemies, like I did during my first playthrough >_< Seriously, what the heck? There is virtually no choke-point in that chapter.

Is that Tiki's recruitment chapter? What I did was just pair everyone up and had them form a wall around Tiki with 1-2 range weapons. I used the dodgiest and tankiest characters possible.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Send your most overpowered unit to walhart's range.

Over in 3-4 turns.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
People still mad and jealous that Cordelia is a better unit and more popular than their waifu I see.

Sully fucking sucks btw.

Ghazi

People still mad and jealous that Cordelia is a better unit and more popular than their waifu I see.

Sully fucking sucks btw.

Until an archer/sniper one hits her, that's the only downside to having Pegasi units that I've found so far.

I always pair them with a non flying unit and switch if they are at archers' reach.

Yep, this is the only way to counter that I believe.

Side note: I disabled battle animations and I find myself liking it this way much more.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Anyone that truly loves her would give her Bowbreaker until Iote's Shield is out. Her final class doesn't involve a pegasus anyways.

Shahadan

Annnnd done! Liked the final battle music.
I lost a few characters in that battle though. Whatever.
I'll try to get the children I'm still missing and then will give Lunatic a try T_T

Rich!

Just played for an hour, got to the first sidequest. Is it worth doing this or continuing with the story for now?

oh and this game is awesome, although I started on hardest difficulty like a dumbass and had to start over due to it kicking my ass

Anteo

Just played for an hour, got to the first sidequest. Is it worth doing this or continuing with the story for now?

oh and this game is awesome, although I started on hardest difficulty like a dumbass and had to start over due to it kicking my ass

Go for the sidequest if you can beat them. The sidequest never go away by the way, so if you get stuck just go back to the map.

McNum

Got Nah, did her C support with her father, Donnel. Wow. Nintendo actually went there. That's hilarious, and awesome. And raises a few... interesting questions. I need to see the B and A supports for that one.

Side quests can be done whenever you feel comfortable. Most of the later ones will actually kick your ass until you progress further in the game.

Top Bottom