• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Demoli

What, i even double checked their facebook page and lo and behold, there it was.

I'm laughing too much goddamit, i need to sleep.

Anyways, I'm still trying to get the ideal skills on my Panne, Going for Lancebreaker now, too bad i already recruited Yarne. Damn, she hits like a truck now.

So, judguig from the parents alone, the best ones seems to be Tharja, Kellam, Chrom, cordelia, Robin and Virion. Kellam and Tharja (they are S-Ranked, seemed like a nice couple) just Tank everything, especially Tharja who i wouldn't expect since she's a sorceress.

Virion just deals massive DPS, and when paired with sully they can just roam the map and destroy eveything with their high crit chance and damage. Chrom can prety much solo entire maps with Aether and Cordelia+Robin take care of the armoured units. Lon'qu and Panne are also a blast to use.

I'm guessnig the worst are Stahl, Vaike and Miriel? Even by upgrading them to Great Knight, Warrior and Sage they still didn't do as much as others like Ricken, Sully and Kellam/Chrom/Lon'qu, specially Stahl, who can't hit for crap or tank for crap.

Also, I ignore Gregor because i remembered Mercenary being an upgraded class, aparently not, trying to catch him up upgrading him as a hero.

Solune

For phoenix wright fans
KuGsj.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9XiDUHey78
Summer scramble dlc conversation spoilers.

Can't believe i missed this. That was awesome.

hao chi

After not playing for a few weeks I finally decided to give Paralogue 22 a try.
I regret giving Severa Lethality.

RIP Chrom.

Man, it's pretty silly (and annoying) how crazy vulnerable you get to magic when you become a Great Knight.

Poor Stahl. I'll grind you out of it!

Do characters retain levels in classes they've maxed out when returning to it? I promoted Chrom and Cordelia to Great Lord and Pegasus Knight and I'm worried they're stuck there.

Do characters retain levels in classes they've maxed out when returning to it? I promoted Chrom and Cordelia to Great Lord and Pegasus Knight and I'm worried they're stuck there.
No, every time you switch to a different class, even one you've done before, you start at level 1.

Anteo

Levels do not matter in this game. It's all about the stats. You will be reseting your level back to 1 to get more level ups for extra stats.
Also promotion is a good thing. You went from a lesser class (Lord) with low caps and okayish skill set, to a better class (Great Lord) with increased stat caps and better skills to get. No point in going back to Lord.

Well, you keep most of your stats when you change classes. Just the difference in base stats is added or removed to your stats.

All changing classes do is give you access to new skills and 20 more levels to gain stats at the cost of slightly lowered exp gain each time you do it.

That doesn't sound too bad then. Should I go back to Pegasus Knight with Cordelia then Dark Flier for Galeforce to work on the inheritance now? The child stuff was just introduced

That doesn't sound too bad then. Should I go back to Pegasus Knight with Cordelia then Dark Flier for Galeforce to work on the inheritance now? The child stuff was just introduced (chapter 13 I think it was)
Galeforce is the best skill you can pass to anyone, so I'd say it would be a wise choice. You don't need to go through Pegasus Knight again though, just cross promote from another promoted class once you get both the skills.

Anteo

That doesn't sound too bad then. Should I go back to Pegasus Knight for Cordelia -> Dark Flier for Galeforce for the inheritance now? The child stuff was just introduced (chapter 13 I think it was)

You can change to another promoted class (like Dark Flyer) by reaching level 10 and using a second seal in a promoted class (like FalcoKnight), no need to go back to the lesser PegKnight class. I recomend you to wait until level 15, where you get the second FalcoKnight skill.

You can change to another promoted class (like Dark Flyer) by reaching level 10 and using a second seal in a promoted class (like FalcoKnight), no need to go back to the lesser PegKnight class. I recomend you to wait until level 15, where you get the second FalcoKnight skill.

Looking at the skills faq on gamefaqs the 2nd skill is +5 str for using a lance which doesn't seem very interesting. Actually, it says you get both Falcon Knight abilities at 15. That's a mistake right?

Looking at the skills faq on gamefaqs the 2nd skill is +5 str for using a lance which doesn't seem very interesting. Actually, it says you get both Falcon Knight abilities at 15. That's a mistake right?

Probably. Promoted classes get their skills at level 5 and then level 15.

protonion

Grrr!

I'm doing a side story battle. I destroy every enemy and only the boss remains with my units at full health. The boss kills Chrom with one hit. Game over...
What's the point of this stupid mechanic?

I kind of want to get the EXP DLC since Olivia is annoying as hell to train, that and I'd like to give some attention to my forgotten units (there are a whole lot more on the way too)

Should I go for it? Normal is easy as shit already for my better units

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd say get it once you move on to lunatic.

Even in hard you don't really need it unless you just want to grind lesser used units and support.

CoolS

Finally ordered this. It eill be my first Fire Emblem game. Really looking forward to it, though I'm not 100% sure if I'll like it, though I loved the demo.

The only problem is that I have to many games to play right now.

I'd say get it once you move on to lunatic.

Even in hard you don't really need it unless you just want to grind lesser used units and support.

It was like my wallet opened up and the contents leaped into the screen ;_;

The dialogue is surprisingly humorous compared to the main game. Not going to abuse the map too much, just get Olivia prepped to marry Donnel so they can have a OP pothead baby

Nohar

So... Hum... Quick question: what should I do with Brady (Maribelle x Gaius)? His base stats aren't great in Strenght/Magic, and when taking his parents into account, I really have no idea what class he should go with. I was thinking about Cleric 10 -> BZZZZZ -> War Cleric, but I'm not really sure.
On a side note: his conversations with his mother (and father) are very funny.

EDIT: Arf, he doesn't have access to Barbarian... Fighter -> Warrior then?

Kurtofan

Is the Summer Scramble good to farm supports?The Harvest Scramble is hard as fuck to grind on because of the "Counter" + "Miracle" Risen.

Rich!

Got this last night.

Haven't played any of them before, but I liked the demo of this.

One thing that I don't understand is that after registering it on my Club Nintendo account it says I only have one game left out of the list to get a free game via the promotion. I'm sure fire emblem is the first one I have on that list...why does it think I've got two?

Ah well. Will play this tonight.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So... Hum... Quick question: what should I do with Brady (Maribelle x Gaius)? His base stats aren't great in Strenght/Magic, and when taking his parents into account, I really have no idea what class he should go with. I was thinking about Cleric 10 -> BZZZZZ -> War Cleric, but I'm not really sure.
On a side note: his conversations with his mother (and father) are very funny.

EDIT: Arf, he doesn't have access to Barbarian... Fighter -> Warrior then?

He has a negative modifier for strength (-1) and defense (-3), and positive for magic (+2). So taking that into account you would probably want him to be a Sage since it's the best magic class he has access to.

If you're not really worried about that and want him to be a physical fighter he has Hero and Assassin, both are good. I'd take him through Swordmaster for Swordfaire.

Fighter -> Hero for Sol is a good choice regardless of what you plan to do with him though.

Hasney

Started playing properly this weekend. May not have bothered if it wasn't for that So Many Games promotion, but I'm so so SO glad that I did.

I like the permadeath, but I have to say that I have re-loaded when cheap fucking critical has killed off my best character. Other than that, it is fantastic.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What are the best skills in this game anyway?

Skills like Sol, Armsthrift, and Galeforce are great for every character that can get them. Same with DLC skills like Limit Breaker and Paragon.

Other than that, it just depends on the character and what you are doing with them. Mix and match to create something that works.

I try to stick a -faire skill on each character for their primary weapon, but a lot of characters (especially first-gen) don't have an option for that.

Skills like Sol, Armsthrift, and Galeforce are great for every character that can get them. Same with DLC skills like Limit Breaker and Paragon.

Other than that, it just depends on the character and what you are doing with them. Mix and match to create something that works.

I try to stick a -faire skill on each character for their primary weapon, but a lot of characters (especially first-gen) don't have an option for that.

What makes Sol better than Lifetaker btw?

/edit oh nevermind, I figured it out.

Jintor

Lifetaker only triggers on your turn if you kill, Sol has a chance to trigger on any combat scenario even sans kill

Annoyingly Cordelia tends to trigger it on her second strike and earns, like, 2 hp after she murders something

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lifetaker can only activate on your turn and when you get a kill, which is a big downside. Sol can activate whenever, and it has a relatively high activation rate for an offensive skill. Once your characters start hitting their caps Sol should be activating on nearly 50% of attacks.

Earlier in the game Lifetaker and Renewal might be more reliable due to Sol having lower activation rates, since it's based on the skill stat.

NotLiquid

Urghhh I love this game but why did I start off playing Classic Mode? I hate being so anal about who survives and having to do perfectionist runs. I wish I could undo it, and being up to seven chapters insofar I really don't feel like redoing everything.

Dunno if I should just tough it out for the remainder of the game or restart while I still can.

Top Bottom