• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

GC|Simon

Guys... what do do with a level 20 Great Lord Chrom? I'm not sure if I should reclass him. He is a monster right now and the end of the game doesn't seem to be super far away.

Also: Is there a release schedule for the European DLV available? Bought everything expect the heroes pack and more or less nothing can be played :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Guys... what do do with a level 20 Great Lord Chrom? I'm not sure if I should reclass him. He is a monster right now and the end of the game doesn't seem to be super far away.

Also: Is there a release schedule for the European DLV available? Bought everything expect the heroes pack and more or less nothing can be played :(

Definitely don't let him sit at 20, that's a waste. Reclass to Paladin (Aegis, good all-around) or Great Knight(Dual Guard+ to improve Chrom's support role, great str/def, low spd/skl)

Chrom

Is the Summer Scramble good to farm supports?The Harvest Scramble is hard as fuck to grind on because of the "Counter" + "Miracle" Risen.

It gives you three Seeds of Trust as you rout the enemies every time, so yes.

Summer Scramble doesn't have any enemies with Counter and Miracle.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man the harvest scramble was way harder than I thought it would be.

Looks like I have to put it off for awhile.

Kurtofan

Definitely don't let him sit at 20, that's a waste. Reclass to Paladin (Aegis, good all-around) or Great Knight(Dual Guard+ to improve Chrom's support role, great str/def, low spd/skl)

What should I do with my maxed out Grand Strategist Avatar?He won't be able to use both tomes and swords anymore if I change his class right?

Dark Knight maybe?

Oxx

I haven't used any of the stat-boost items yet. Guess I'll wait until the end and see which characters have kept my favour.

Westlo

Had to celebrate Morgan's birthday so I bit the bullet and went #Team Tharja for my first playthrough, probably going to go #TeamCordelia for my Hard run.. and whenever I play this again on Lunatic (not going to be 3 times in a row that's for sure) I'll probably go feMC run with Japanese voices for dat Miyukichi.

And like Jintor I have a bunch of Dark fliers atm lol.

Anteo

Had to celebrate Morgan's birthday so I bit the bullet and went #Team Tharja for my first playthrough, probably going to go #TeamCordelia for my Hard run.. and whenever I play this again on Lunatic (not going to be 3 times in a row that's for sure) I'll probably go feMC run with Japanese voices for dat Miyukichi.

And like Jintor I have a bunch of Dark fliers atm lol.

I know I said that. And look at me. What is this, my 5th playthrough? and I'm not stopping any time soon!

Tenki

Welp, my Donnel is a level 10 Mercenary and already has Strength capped at 27 (with the number in green) and Luck at 33. Should I promote him to Hero now? Or wait a couple of levels more?

Anteo

Welp, my Donnel is a level 10 Mercenary and already has Strenght capped at 27 (with the number in green) and Luck at 33. Should I promote him to Hero now? Or wait a couple of levels more?

Yeah I don't see any point on him being a Mercenary any longer. Go for it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Welp, my Donnel is a level 10 Mercenary and already has Strenght capped at 27 (with the number in green) and Luck at 33. Should I promote him to Hero now? Or wait a couple of levels more?

If he's learned both his skills, you can certainly promote him.

However, the exp gain will be much slower as a true promoted class, it may be worth sticking it out a few more levels to get skill, speed, def, and res up as well. I'd say if you get one additional stat capped (or get a few with 3-4 of them at once), it's worth promoting then, as you're losing out on more stat chances due to caps than you'd be gaining with the later levels, when you could instead be getting Hero exp.

Up to you, though. Aptitude means he'll pretty much never get a bad level.

Tenki

Cool, promoting right now :p

I've heard he becomes a one man army :lol I've couple him with Nowi (she's still a Manakete) and they're pretty unstoppable right now.

Draxal

Cool, promoting right now :p

I've heard he becomes a one man army :lol I've couple him with Nowi (she's still a Manakete) and they're pretty unstoppable right now.

He does (pretty much everybody in this came can do it), he just turns into one faster than anybody else besides the main character. Mercenary/Hero tree is probably the best line in the game, as it has two very good skills in it (sol/armsthrift); one good but very situational skill (axebreaker) and one good skill that's just eventually overshadowed by alot of other skills (patience); so he benefits from that.

Ghazi

WTF at the huge ass difficulty spike at Paralogue 9, how is this supposed to be possible? They've taken out 4 of my units in their first turn.

Sendou

WTF at the huge ass difficulty spike at Paralogue 9, how is this supposed to be possible? They've taken out 4 of my units in their first turn.

Recruiting children can be hard. That's also one of the easiest children recruiting in the game. It could be wise to wait a little later to clear them.

Ghazi

Recruiting children can be hard. That's also one of the easiest children recruiting in the game. It could be wise to wait a little later to clear them.

Do the Paralogues not disappear after you've played through more chapters after they've unlocked? I was under that assumption and I've been doing the Paralogues as soon as I possibly could.

The Paralogues stay there until you clear them. They don't disappear.

Whoops, that's nice to know now. Thanks!

Sendou

Do the Paralogues not disappear after you've played through more chapters after they've unlocked? I was under that assumption and I've been doing the Paralogues as soon as I possibly could.

The Paralogues stay there until you clear them. They don't disappear.

Ah right, so very late-game when your skill stat is capped anyway; Sol just stands out as it gets better and better?

That makes sense.

Another thing is that Sol doesn't stack with the other mastery skills, so if you want Vengeance or Astra or Ignis or something to activate consistently it's better to have Lifetaker.

Ghazi

I just got Morgan!

EYh7FeW.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to everyone's favorite ball of energy.

Someday, I'll be done with getting all them supports and properly recruit you.

addyb

Well Im on chapter 12 with normal/classic mode and lost a LOT of characters so far. Mainly all stupidly but haven't restarted and just carried on. Im obviously nowhere near marrying anyone off as my highest relationship grade is B and I'm still unsure on various aspects of the game but.....

WOW I love the game. Its fantastic and this is coming from a total noob to the FE series and a relative noob at this genre.

I'm just treating this first play through as a learning experience for when I play through again on hard.

McNum

Just recruited Morgan, too. Happy birthday to her. Now we might have to have a little chat about appropriate clothing for Manaketes.

Was kind of fun to see her in action on the map before getting to her, though. Enemy tries to attack: DRAGON! Enemy gets a hit in: DRAGON! Sol! Too bad Tiki only had the Manakete skills to pass on, but I let her have Wyrmsbane. I can reclass her before 15 and save a few internal levels that way and still have a full power Manakete when I change her back.

Now what to get for Manakete Morgan since she has ALL the female classes. Galeforce is the obvious one, of course, but I want to be more creative than that.

Now let's see who else is ready to be recruited. Sumia's child would be since Chrom will give Aether no matter what and I think Lissa's is, too, she just got Galeforce and Henry doesn't really have much to offer other than the Dark Mage tree. Should probably get Owain Vengeance or something ahead of time.

Just recruited Morgan, too. Happy birthday to her. Now we might have to have a little chat about appropriate clothing for Manaketes.

I already tried this but she didn't listen. I keep telling her she needs to be more like that Nah girl or even her mom, but noooooo she has to take after that ditz Nowi.

Kweh

I am very early into this game, but likeing it so far. Music is ace.

What do the numbers mean next to the weapons and spells? How many times you can use them until they break/run out?

I am very early into this game, but likeing it so far. Music is ace.

What do the numbers mean next to the weapons and spells? How many times you can use them until they break/run out?

Pretty much. Once they break, you'll just have to buy new ones.

McNum

I already tried this but she didn't listen. I keep telling her she needs to be more like that Nah girl or even her mom, but noooooo she has to take after that ditz Nowi.
I guess she'll just have to be allowed to win that argument, then. Maybe she'll at least learn about choosing your battles that way.

Do all the children come with an automatic C rank support available for their parents?

I guess she'll just have to be allowed to win that argument, then. Maybe she'll at least learn about choosing your battles that way.

Do all the children come with an automatic C rank support available for their parents?

Yes, they do. Same thing happens with siblings.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So if I want to give the max amount of galeforce to kids, who should I marry to each other?

Tharja, Nowi, and Sully should marry Avatar, Gaius, and Donnel. All three of those mothers will produce daughters but not give them Pegasus Knight, but all three of those males will give Peg Knight to a daughter.

Also Lissa, Olivia, and Maribelle should pass it down since they have male kids.

Also also, on Gaius, since he has Fighter instead of Mercenary, you probably want top pass down Sol from him since his daughter will not get access to the Hero class.

Top Bottom