• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

EXPonential always the best place to grind for levels?

This is my strategy for grinding skills:

(Reclass 30-level class to base class)

(Solo skirmishes, paired up, to grind out supports and 10 levels)

- Change to desired class (Promote to desired class)

- Solo the Paragon DLC map, paired up either with Chrom or a support partner. Should get around 5 levels out of it.

- Apply Paragon

- Go solo more skirmishes to grind more supports and levels. A few skirmishes should get you to level 15 for your desired skill.

I've been able to get skills in a fairly short period of time with this method. Of course, this is assuming your units can handle it solo. This method is faster and more entertaining than EXPonential Growth when dealing with units who have reached or come close to their EXP-gain ceiling. It's also less work because you can just mash Start and watch don't have to watch your enemies break themselves upon you, whereas the Risen in the DLC just run past you.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, that's the problem with Lunatic mode. I'm not even sure if Lunatic is completable without crazy RNG luck and/or DLC. The enemies from the second chapter onwards are enough to double or one hit kill everyone in your army, I have no idea how you can finish the game without grinding.

By creating a super MC and just one man armying your way through.

Which is actually super easy. Magic and dark magic can be pretty broken even in lunatic.

Anteo

But in another sense it's the optimal use of DLC.

But in another nother sense it's evil as fuck. Well, corporate as fuck.

3DS needs a goddamned screenshot function. Even if like the Vita it doesn't work in half the fucking apps

Well is not like you really need them. You can get bulions with the Barbarian skill, and farm spotpass teams and all that. They just sell you a easier way to train your characters, something that was not in prior games even for free.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've really been thinking about the DLC packs and what they might mean for future game design releases... they're basically selling you cheat codes. And by god I crave it

Once you hit xp caps EXPonential sucks real bad though. Protip: skip all animations and battle sequence and just let loose in the Lost Bloodlines 3 for the best level-up grinding later on.

Antiwhippy

What do you need such crazy grinding for though? Just to create the perfect soldier?

Also they totally should make a groom class to go along with the bride class. A shame really.

Draxal

What do you need such crazy grinding for though? Just to create the perfect soldier?

Also they totally should make a groom class to go along with the bride class. A shame really.

Skills + limitbreaker stats.

Have you seen The Strongest One's Anna stats?

ffdgh

Well is not like you really need them. You can get bulions with the Barbarian skill, and farm spotpass teams and all that. They just sell you a easier way to train your characters, something that was not in prior games even for free.

After getting the golden gaffe, never again. I couldn't ever go back to that lol.

Antiwhippy

Huh, I don't really know much about dlc plans other than the ones they've release for PAL at the moment, which is the CoY, grinding packs and scramble packs.

EXPonential Growth is great for getting low level characters to a point where they're useful mid-game. Kind of hard to resist boosting up everyone else though. I managed to stop myself after getting a few characters to promoted classes

Antiwhippy

I just want more people than the MC and chrom to be viable in lunatic.

Also I want to get all the supports that I've missed (I think I only got around 10%) so I guess I don't really care about breaking lunatic. :p

Though I've been pretty restrained. Just leveled everyone enough so they won't die in one hit.

Going to mix it up with some emo-girl Tharja love cosplay for you all:

tumblr_ml46c1FOnY1qaz28uo1_500.jpg

Apologies if posted before.

Anteo

Huh, I don't really know much about dlc plans other than the ones they've release for PAL at the moment, which is the CoY, grinding packs and scramble packs.

Yeah there are this supper hard dlc maps, that you will actually have to grind to have a chance to get through. Most people are getting ready for Super Anna.

"Anna"
L30 Merchant

99 HP
50 Str
70 Skill
70 Spd
65 Lck
55 Def
55 Res

Skills:
Aether (Activation = Skill/2%)
DragonSkin (Reduces all damage by 50%. Nullifies Lethality)
Vantage+ (Always strikes first, even in enemy turns)
Counter (Return any damage at close range)
Rightful God (All skills have +30% chance of activation)

So the chance for her to trigger Aether is: 35 + 30% = 65% chances to totally destroy you .

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's really only her skills that are dangerous, and with only 50 strength she's not as threatening as some many of the other enemies in that DLC.

Anteo

It's really only her skills that are dangerous, and with only 50 strength she's not as threatening as some many of the other enemies in that DLC.

Yeah but that 65% chance. You need to get her low with long range attacks otherwise is easy for her to kill you with Counter + Aether, unless the AI prefers to hit back with the Spear.

McNum

I want to fight that Super Anna. The Rightful God of numbers. It's payback time.

What weapons does she have? Some crazy forged thing or just normal ones?

ffdgh

They could have replaced vantage+ with out realm skill (limit break) to make her even harder.....or near impossible
KuGsj.gif

she has a brave lance and spear. Not sure if forged.

Draxal

I want to fight that Super Anna. The Rightful God of numbers. It's payback time.

What weapons does she have? Some crazy forged thing or just normal ones?

A Spear ++ and a Brave Lance ++ iirc.

It's her speed that's the worry, her aethering twice in a turn = dead anybody.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but that 65% chance. You need to get her low with long range attacks otherwise is easy for her to kill you with Counter + Aether, unless the AI prefers to hit back with the Spear.

Assuming she's using the spear, and not doubling you, even an Aether hit shouldn't kill you if you're properly prepared for that map. Solid defense unit leading the pair with 3-6 defense from the back unit, pre-battle temporary boosts, rally boosts, and you're talking over 70 defense, maybe near 80 depending on what classes you're using.

The Sol hit should do negligible damage, and the Luna hit ignores half your defense which still leaves you with 35-40, with her strength at 50 she'll pummel you hard, but not kill you. Edit: 60 strength then. That has the potential to get ugly. Might be worth carrying Lancebreaker on your anti-Anna unit!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So is the bride class supposed to be the most optimal female class?

It's a largely physical class with a staff option, and mediocre strength. Like most other balanced physical/magic hybrids I don't really care for it and won't really use it other than easy levels/stats (since special classes get exp growth at the same rate as base classes) and Rally Heart for the rally bot(s).

Draxal

Not knowing how the map works, I actually think having snipers helps a ton there.

It's a largely physical class with a staff option, and mediocre strength. Like most other balanced physical/magic hybrids I don't really care for it and won't really use it other than easy levels/stats (since special classes get exp growth at the same rate as base classes) and Rally Heart for the rally bot(s).

It's the only unmounted spearuser in the game that doesn't have a weakness (generals), I prefer using them as falcon knights though just because that mobility + rescue stave more then compensates for the flying weakness.

ffdgh

So is the bride class supposed to be the most optimal female class?

That depends. For physical ladies, yeah sure. I kept Lissa, Miriel, A certain someone, and Maribelle as sages/Valkyrie since their tome usage is too good....and because of Lissa's/Miriel's regular and black Emmeryn outfits.

Antiwhippy

That depends. For physical ladies, yeah sure. I kept Lissa, Miriel, A certain someone, and Maribelle as sages/Valkyrie since their tome usage is too good....and because of Lissa's/Miriel's regular and black Emmeryn outfits.

Alright. Feels cruel to separate cherche from Minerva though. :(

ffdgh

Oh if only panne had access to pega pony princess classes for lance faire and galeforce instead of those wyvern classes as intended -_-.

Yeah there are this supper hard dlc maps, that you will actually have to grind to have a chance to get through. Most people are getting ready for Super Anna.

"Anna"
L30 Merchant

99 HP
50 Str
70 Skill
70 Spd
65 Lck
55 Def
55 Res

Skills:
Aether (Activation = Skill/2%)
DragonSkin (Reduces all damage by 50%. Nullifies Lethality)
Vantage+ (Always strikes first, even in enemy turns)
Counter (Return any damage at close range)
Rightful God (All skills have +30% chance of activation)

So the chance for her to trigger Aether is: 35 + 30% = 65% chances to totally destroy you .

Crazy idea I don't think it'd be that good but what if. How about rushing her with as many couples possible being lead by an archer using forged longbows with the other person having forged brave weapons for the dual strike?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh if only panne had access to pega pony princess classes for lance faire and galeforce instead of those wyvern classes as intended -_-.

Can't have that, wyverns for everyone!

Wyvern Rider is the most common class in the game (14 characters, excluding the kids, have it, and that might not count the avatar).

Crazy idea I don't think it'd be that good but what if. How about rushing her with as many couples possible being lead by an archer using forged longbows with the other person having forged brave weapons for the dual strike?

If you can double her and have high enough dual strike to guarantee both activate she would be screwed, but the problem is your Sniper is going to kind of suck on that map since it's basically a big open field with enemies coming from all directions.

Antiwhippy

That's because wyverns are badass.

Kinda wished that they made more end classes viable instead of the few overpowered ones.

Ok, thanks guys.

Who should I pair Lon' qu with if I want a super Lon' qu baby?

He can become the father of one of the best children units if he marries Cordelia

By creating a super MC and just one man armying your way through.

Which is actually super easy. Magic and dark magic can be pretty broken even in lunatic.

I can vouch for this.

The moment I had MU and Tharja with a full inventory of Nosferatu's is the moment Lunatic became a cake walk.

My queens, the leaders of my army, the best of the best, the sexiest of the sexiest and so on.

This is the first time I've seen a Kjelle with max stats on anything

Anteo

Yeah that's one way to deal with ONE unit. How about this guy?

dlc1122_ss2.jpg

80 Str
Luna+
Hawkeye+
DragonSkin
Aegis+
Counter

If you can double her and have high enough dual strike to guarantee both activate she would be screwed, but the problem is your Sniper is going to kind of suck on that map since it's basically a big open field with enemies coming from all directions.

Well, that's why ideally the other part of the couples isn't a sniper to deal with everything else and you'd be leaving Anna for last.

"Ideally"

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anna is not even serious in that map.

I mean, her class is a Merchant. It's like she's just being too lazy (or nice, hahaha) to transform to more advanced classes with higher caps.

The cutest super boss ever. Well..., um, next to that one in the Future of Despair set of DLCs....

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's why ideally the other part of the couples isn't a sniper to deal with everything else and you'd be leaving Anna for last.

"Ideally"

Sniper gives a decent pair up bonus, so you could use them as pairing fodder until she shows up.

But really, you're going to have to deal with other equally strong enemies with each wave, so there's not a lot of point in coming up with special tactics just for her.

Yeah that's one way to deal with ONE unit. How about this guy?

dlc1122_ss2.jpg

80 Str
Luna+
Hawkeye+
DragonSkin
Aegis+
Counter

And that weapon is Helswath, yeah?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hey, I maxed Kjelle too! Although she doesn't have Galeforce >___>

She's alright as a Paladin.

I just can't have any of my girls becoming Bride... too weird in the battlefield >___>

Draxal

Sniper gives a decent pair up bonus, so you could use them as pairing fodder until she shows up.

But really, you're going to have to deal with other equally strong enemies with each wave, so there's not a lot of point in coming up with special tactics just for her.

Well, longbow (or double bow) sniper should be able to ping the annoying unit each time.

Top Bottom