• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

demidar

Though like XCOM the difficulty curve is weighted forward and clears up after like 10-15 chapters

If I just cheese it and send only two god units into the battle I can win easy, but I prefer fielding a whole team so they all get experience.

I'm just getting into the end-game paralogues. That Hero's Descendent one, holy shit. I'm pretty sure he and his army could take out the final boss themselves. Jesus Christ.

Fountain of Truth paralogue was also pretty hard lol but I managed to beat it with no losses.

I'm not expecting much resistance from the final boss map itself though, just going around doing optional things right now, per my behaviour in any open-ish RPG.

Hah, nonono. I'm a self-proclaimed Fire Emblem/strategy noob. I will be playing Classic though, the emotional impact of teammates dying is such a cool mechanic.

Sounds like the right difficulty then.

Jintor

I fell into the hilarious grinding trap and now my entire force is galeforce'd for miles

Kill 3 units per pair-up in a single turn? Woo!

Acheteedo

Very much enjoying this game, as a fire emblem first timer the depth is pretty intimidating. Glad I started on normal difficulty, and while I'm rolling with perma-death on I'm not sure how a newbie can play through the game first time without reloading on death - fatal mistakes are surprisingly easy to make. So for me, death carries the weight of having to restart the mission, which enough punishment to make success satisfying.

Do people out there really commit to every death??

demidar

Fun fact: The shield Chrom holds as a Great Lord is the Fire Emblem. It also might've been pointed out during the game's end but I'm too busy to finish it at the moment.

Anteo

Very much enjoying this game, as a fire emblem first timer the depth is pretty intimidating. Glad I started on normal difficulty, and while I'm rolling with perma-death on I'm not sure how a newbie can play through the game first time without reloading on death - fatal mistakes are surprisingly easy to make. So for me, death carries the weight of having to restart the mission, which enough punishment to make success satisfying.

Do people out there really commit to every death??

Only crazy people. No one left behind. Even in lunatic.

Fun fact: The shield Chrom holds as a Great Lord is the Fire Emblem. It also might've been pointed out during the game's end but I'm too busy to finish it at the moment.

Except when
he losses the Fire Emblem.

Draxal

So do I! That's why my save file is 75 hours long!

Owain's amazing in general. He yells out "Dual Attack" during his dual attack. Can't doubt that.

Pity I failed to descend galeforce onto his dumb ass

Owain's supports are the best in the game as are his conversations in the dlc. His and male morgan, actually male morgan stand out a little bit and I love his conversations in the future past.

Lissa is a pain in the ass to level initially and once you've gotten her to 10 in Cleric you still have Pegasus and Dark Flier to mash out. EXP growth really came handy with that. Got her as a Sage now and she's pretty damn useful

Draxal

Lissa is a pain in the ass to level initially and once you've gotten her to 10 in Cleric you still have Pegasus and Dark Flier to mash out. EXP growth really came handy with that. Got her as a Sage now and she's pretty damn useful

She should be kinda easy actually, as she can rescue stave and that's pretty much the fastest way to grind in the game.

Should do this.

Cleric to 10 (or 20) - Sage 15 - Dark Flier 15.

lol at Owain's shit level up

"Sinister forces conspire to hinder my growth"

meta as fuck

Also known as Anna.
Owain's amazing in general. He yells out "Dual Attack" during his dual attack. Can't doubt that.

Chrom also yells Dual Strike in the Japanese version with dat Sugita voice.

Owain's supports are the best in the game as are his conversations in the dlc. His and male morgan, actually male morgan stand out a little bit and I love his conversations in the future past.

Yeah, Male Morgan x Owain's supports is one of the best in the game.

Using DLC Marth in the main quest is disappointing. I don't care if he's a ghost- MAKE MOVES ON THE RABBIT LADY, DAMN YOU. Break the canon in half.

demidar

Just checked my activity log, Fire Emblem Awakening got 107:13, with Virtue's Last Reward at second with 42:36. My save file says 73:20 though.

My enjoyment of pairing up the kids has been seriously hampered by the ones I use the most only having specific supports. Also, I don't know why I thought Severa would have good supports with Inigo and Cynthia :p

Ah good! So reloading is standard practice :)

Yes, but sometimes I commit to a loss if it was memorable like in the Virion situation earlier. And sometimes to punish myself for a mistake. In the last two rounds of a major fight I slipped and put sage Miriel in range of a potent melee boss. I put her "retirement" on record. So that was two memorable retires in the first game.

However, when Morgan got hit and wanted one last chance to see her Dad's face...yeah that was a reset.

So the death/retire mechanic is a part of Fire Emblem and I go with it...within reason. Indeed, I'm looking forward to playing a quick minimal-grind normal/classic again and letting every death stand (though I wouldn't do that on a first playthrough).

Gvaz

Banned
His kid will have better luck, unless the wife has a -2 or worse cap modifier. Nowi x Donnel will produce a Nah with a 50 luck cap, so you get 100% activation rate without Limit Breaker.

Where do I find out information like this? Do I just have to troll wikis for this info or is it cataloged somewhere?

I'm trying to find out info of who's best to marry to each other keeping in restraints of requiring galeforce through either inheritance or class types. I've got the major ones down (tharjaxdonnel, MUxNowi, GaiusxSully) but not sure who's who in order to get for good caps.

Chrom

Where do I find out information like this? Do I just have to troll wikis for this info or is it cataloged somewhere?

I'm trying to find out info of who's best to marry to each other keeping in restraints of requiring galeforce through either inheritance or class types. I've got the major ones down (tharjaxdonnel, MUxNowi, GaiusxSully) but not sure who's who in order to get for good caps.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max.html

Serenes Forest has you covered.

For inheritance and such, look under Children & Inheritance.

I am liking the game so far. I just wish the story had a bit more complexity to it.
You have your typical evil zombie race in the Risen, yeah okay whatever; then you have your crazy totalitarian king who is cookie cutter antagonist at its worst, then you have your typical "oh it's Marth but it's actually a girl who then happens to be Chroms daughter from the destroyed future, yeah okay seen this before, then it got really bad when they pulled a Star Wars and the primary antagonist happens to be your father and you also have a fucking twin?? Really? Comeon, that's just slack.

I'm probably still considerably early into the game, but I hope it gets better from here.

The real story is the epic romance of Stahl and Miriel, and how together they will be totally overlevelled and wipe out everyone and everything.

Also, Donnel.

Whoa whoa whoa I've never seen the word "troll" used like this before, to mean "search through" or something. Is this a new thing? Did you mean "stroll"?

Anteo

I am liking the game so far. I just wish the story had a bit more complexity to it.
You have your typical evil zombie race in the Risen, yeah okay whatever; then you have your crazy totalitarian king who is cookie cutter antagonist at its worst, then you have your typical "oh it's Marth but it's actually a girl who then happens to be Chroms daughter from the destroyed future, yeah okay seen this before, then it got really bad when they pulled a Star Wars and the primary antagonist happens to be your father and you also have a fucking twin?? Really? Comeon, that's just slack.

I'm probably still considerably early into the game, but I hope it gets better from here.

So
I am your father
Samus is a girl.
Zombies.

Yeah it doesn't get better.

Top Bottom