• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ohlawd

66-74 to avoid getting doubled, yeah.

At 65, Goddess Anna will double you.

I did Miriel x Ricken and Lon'qu x Nowi. What now, GAF?

I only did Miriel x Ricken because.... yeah iunno. Guess I just wanted a male Morgan with good Magic. Laurent is stuck at the back, acting as a pair up Sage with Dual Support+ and Dual Guard+.

Ahh that's good since some of my first gen units are fast enough by themselves via limit breaker.

No, you should be aiming for 53 Speed in the end after pairing up hence don't even think about Limit Breaker.

The +22 Speed you get from those 3 are an afterthought.

McNum

66-74 to avoid getting doubled, yeah.

At 65, Goddess Anna will double you.
And to get that high, you need Rally Spectrum, Rally Love, Rally Speed and a Pair Up with a class granting a lot of speed, or just a really fast character in general?

Good thing there's that DLC character that can get all the rallies. I take it you want Strength and Defense as the other two? What was her name again... Palla?

Jintor

If your speed is +5 the enemy unit's speed you'll attack twice, and speed also ups your dodge rate; not getting hit is the best defence (contrary to popular belief)

ohlawd

And to get that high, you need Rally Spectrum, Rally Love, Rally Speed and a Pair Up with a class granting a lot of speed, or just a really fast character in general?

Good thing there's that DLC character that can get all the rallies. I take it you want Strength and Defense as the other two? What was her name again... Palla?

More of the former, but the latter helps.
Most units are actually capable of hitting that benchmark. Just a matter of getting the right pair up (+10 from A/S rank Swordmaster pair up is the highest) and there's Speed +2 and All Stats +2 if it's not enough.

AS +2 is fine but by gawd if you need that AND Speed +2, then forget it. Don't bother with using that unit against Goddess Anna. As a consolation prize, at least that unit will be able to outspeed everything else.

So why is speed good?

Because getting quads with your Brave weapon/Celica's Gale/Waste feels so freakin' good.

one_kill

If your speed is +5 the enemy unit's speed you'll attack twice, and speed also ups your dodge rate; not getting hit is the best defence (contrary to popular belief)
Ah, I see your point. I should make defense my avatar's flaw and speed his asset.

one_kill

I'm going to give lunatic another shot. Should my asset be speed and my flaw resistance?
BEST:
HP: Str +1, Mag +1, Lck +2, Def +2, Res +2
STR: Str +4, Skl +2, Def +2
MAG: Mag +4, Spd +2, Res +2
SKL: Str +2, Skl +4, Def +2
SPD: Skl +2, Spd +4, Lck +2
LCK: Str +2, Mag +2, Lck +4
DEF: Lck +2, Def +4, Res +2
RES: Mag +2, Spd +2, Res +4

WORST:
HP: Str -1, Mag -1, Lck -1, Def -1, Res -1
STR: Str -3, Skl -1, Def -1
MAG: Mag -3, Spd -1, Res -1
SKL: Str -1, Skl -3, Def -1
SPD: Skl -1, Spd -3, Lck -1
LCK: Str -1, Mag -1, Lck -3
DEF: Lck -1, Def -3, Res -1
RES: Mag -1, Spd -1, Res -3

Def would be a better flaw I think

Blasty

BEST:
HP: Str +1, Mag +1, Lck +2, Def +2, Res +2
STR: Str +4, Skl +2, Def +2
MAG: Mag +4, Spd +2, Res +2
SKL: Str +2, Skl +4, Def +2
SPD: Skl +2, Spd +4, Lck +2
LCK: Str +2, Mag +2, Lck +4
DEF: Lck +2, Def +4, Res +2
RES: Mag +2, Spd +2, Res +4

WORST:
HP: Str -1, Mag -1, Lck -1, Def -1, Res -1
STR: Str -3, Skl -1, Def -1
MAG: Mag -3, Spd -1, Res -1
SKL: Str -1, Skl -3, Def -1
SPD: Skl -1, Spd -3, Lck -1
LCK: Str -1, Mag -1, Lck -3
DEF: Lck -1, Def -3, Res -1
RES: Mag -1, Spd -1, Res -3

Def would be a better flaw I think
Yeah, I think I'll go with DEF, thanks!

McNum

More of the former, but the latter helps.
Most units are actually capable of hitting that benchmark. Just a matter of getting the right pair up (+10 from A/S rank Swordmaster pair up is the highest) and there's Speed +2 and All Stats +2 if it's not enough.

AS +2 is fine but by gawd if you need that AND Speed +2, then forget it. Don't bother with using that unit against Goddess Anna. As a consolation prize, at least that unit will be able to outspeed everything else.
Running a quick math here, just to check if I have it right... Morgan(Tiki) as a Manakete with a +Speed/-Luck Avatar father has 51 Speed with Limit Breaker. Add a Dragonstone+ and she's at 55. +10 from a Rally and it's 65. So, all she really needs is an All Stats +2 or a Pair up partner with a speed boost to not get doubled by Goddess Anna. I think a partner granting at least +1 Speed will be easy to find. Also fun, her raw Defense is 65 and her raw Attack 73. She's so going to live up to being a dragon in the end. How hard does Goddess Anna hit, anyway?

Actually, here's a strange skill conflict question: Luna vs. Pavise. Do you just take half damage of the increased damage Luna would have done?

Draxal

Speed +/Luck - is considered really good (going speed's really important because it allows you to double up earlier in the game).

Also, I have Chrom + Lucina and MU + Lissa, but Owain can marry Cynthia without any problems, so I guess cousin marriage is totes rad in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Cynthia is a surprisingly rad unit considering how craptacular Lucina is. I'm probably going to push for Cynthia + Brady though because their supports are lolz

The implications.

ohlawd

Running a quick math here, just to check if I have it right... Morgan(Tiki) as a Manakete with a +Speed/-Luck Avatar father has 51 Speed with Limit Breaker. Add a Dragonstone+ and she's at 55. +10 from a Rally and it's 65. So, all she really needs is an All Stats +2 or a Pair up partner with a speed boost to not get doubled by Goddess Anna. I think a partner granting at least +1 Speed will be easy to find. Also fun, her raw Defense is 65 and her raw Attack 73. She's so going to live up to being a dragon in the end. How hard does Goddess Anna hit, anyway?

Since the damage from Dragonstones are based off Strength, it'd make sense to give them a A/S Berserker pair up (+10 Str, +8 Speed)

Yeah the math is right.

41 speed, 45 speed with Dragonstone+
Pair her up, now 53.

Sounds good. That's exactly 75 speed when the dust clears.

65 Def is a lot. I think at around 55 Def, Goddess Anna's Aether will leave you with less than 10 HP.

Man, Dark Mage Libra.

Look at all long luscious hair and that well built body.

No wonder Male|MU wants a picture of him to look at every night before going to sleep.

Okamid3n

I'm going to give lunatic another shot. Should my asset be speed and my flaw resistance?

The BEST asset is defense, no question asked. I'm surprised at the answers. You can solo the game with +Def avatar. Get him to level 4-5 on the prologue, pair him with fred for the next two chapters and then he steamrolls the game.

Of course, if you're going to grind a lot, you might as well pick speed for the postgame content.

ffdgh

The asset/flaw thing affecting Robin's kid(s) does make it a bit tricky if you want specific kids with certain stats.

McNum

Since the damage from Dragonstones are based off Strength, it'd make sense to give them a A/S Berserker pair up (+10 Str, +8 Speed)

Yeah the math is right.

41 speed, 45 speed with Dragonstone+
Pair her up, now 53.

Sounds good. That's exactly 75 speed when the dust clears.

65 Def is a lot. I think at around 55 Def, Goddess Anna's Aether will leave you with less than 10 HP.
When I say a raw 65 +Def. I mean a Limiter Breaker capped raw stat of 52 with +13 from a Dragonstone+. I wonder how high I can push this with stat boosters and rallies. And with a skillset of Pavise, Aegis, Sol, Limit Breaker and... hmm... not sure about the fifth yet, she'll be one tough cookie. Dual Guard+ might not be a bad idea for the last one.

I'm basically setting her up to be nigh unkillable. I don't think she'll need Swordbreaker, since well, it's only triple damage off a Wyrmslayer, and she'll have the Defense to eat it. And the Attack to follow that up with eating whoever was dumb enough to try. For the Anna fight, I think I'll have her have a partner with a forged Brave Whatever. But since we're still only up to Champions of Yore 3 here, I think I have enough time to get her in shape.

With nearly all the children recruited, I should also start thinking of who to pair with who. There are some combinations I really want to see the supports for... Noire and Owain is a support set that had better be as crazy as I think. I also have to see what happens if Cynthia meets Gerome... Unstoppable optimism meets immovable pessimism.

I should probably think about what classes the chidren should be. Noire is likely going to swap out her bow for a dark tome. Inigo looks to have the makings of a great Swordmaster. Nah... two words: Galeforce Manakete. She'll need someone more defensive minded for support. And Owain, with his nearly perfecly balanced Strength and Magic is just basically tapping his foot for Dread Fighter to be released.

mugwhump

So I dropped this at mission 13(?), the one where you get
surrounded by risen in a narrow valley and there's archers everywhere

What strategy should I be taking? Run up the side as fast as possible? Chill at the castles at the bottom to prevent those turbo-bastard Warriors from spawning? Run up the middle like a retard?

WHAT DO I DOOOOOO

So I dropped this at mission 13(?), the one where you get
surrounded by risen in a narrow valley and there's archers everywhere

What strategy should I be taking? Run up the side as fast as possible? Chill at the castles at the bottom to prevent those turbo-bastard Warriors from spawning? Run up the middle like a retard?

WHAT DO I DOOOOOO

Bunker down at the forts near where you start and let them come to you. If you got units with high defenses, you could use the hills as chokepoints to limit the number of enemies coming down.

ChanHuk

Banned
I just blasted through chapter 20 with a 3 man wrecking crew of Cordelia (falcon knight), Robin (grandmaster), and Morgan (hero).

Draxal

Inigo with a bunch of activation skills!

Aether is pretty beast and Lucina can get Rightful King as well for some reason. Better to have the both of them going around destroying everything imo

Inigo is so loaded with good skills anyway that having rk is a waste on him.

PK Gaming

I hooked up Chrom and Sumia. It just sorta happened. Hope that doesn't turn out to be a shitty move.

You're absolutely fine.

Sumia's daughter has some Chrom specific dialogue, which is actually pretty funny.

Aether is pretty beast and Lucina can get Rightful King as well for some reason. Better to have the both of them going around destroying everything imo

sheesh what do you mean for some reason >_>

she's a great lord!

Special props to Kellam, never used him first game but his defense has been extremely useful through these first several Hard difficulty stages and a couple paralogues. I'll have to give special attention to matchmaking for the kid, he done good.

I'm tempted when the time comes for my current avatar to hook up with
Say'ri
partly because it isn't something everyone else is doing. Never even heard about her until encountered in-game. Also reminds me of Karla, old fave from FE (GBA).

Alucrid

Banned
Only for chrom.

Lucina is the only one with a deadline, so to speak. Before chapter 13. All the other children won't have their stats and skills locked in until you actually hit "Fight!" on the preparations screen for their recruitment chapter. You can even go take a look, then back out to the map and the skills still won't be locked in.

a wee bit late as i haven't had much time to play, but thanks for this.

GamerSoul

I've only played the first chapter of the demo but I'm loving the graphical look of the game. The animations in battle, the cutscenes. So good. I gotta get thissss*

*when I have more money :(

Top Bottom