• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Okamid3n

Perhaps even hold off attacking until enough enemies would be in range to attack the front line units for the kill.

Actually, enemies often do that in Lunatic/Lunatic+. Well...not exactly, but they'll wait till atleast two of them can attack you before moving, so you can't just bait them one at a time.

ffdgh

I think his map uses 30 people I think...which is enough for ever single regular character excluding the kids(lucy included)

I was gonna use an army but that took too long so I used Chrom/Sumia and Robin/Panne in their Dread/Bride attire.....and lots and lots of Thoron.

Chrom

Chrom's text box for when he says his battle quote in Roster Rescue goes over the width of the screen for some reason.

Kyonashi

Sorry if this has already been asked, did a thread search and couldn't find anything.

Seeing as the first lot of DLC is now out for EU (bar Champions of Lore 1 which was there on release) - can any NA players write up a definitive list of what DLC is worth buying? At £5 ($8) a pack I'm not sure if I want to buy all of them. I'm tempted by EXPonential Growth if it really does powerlevel characters, there's a fairly big gap I'd like to close between my high-level and low-level characters.

But I don't want to blow £10 on today's DLC if the best stuff is yet to come.

Sleepy

Why is the DLC so expensive? $3 a map? NSMB2 DLC was like $2.50 for three levels.
I'm still buying it, but :shakesfist

Anna is amazing. Can someone explain the Trickster class, though?

m0t0k1

Hmm strange that worked for me :( Well we in my spotpass i have all the fire emblem 7 characters and the first from sacred stones. Also one thing i am thinking off is there enough room in your spotpass games list to add fire emblem mine didnt update until i removed some in the settings of the 3ds. it can only spotpass about 15 apps including letterbox stuff etc.

Oxx

I finally managed to get things set-up right for chapter 6 and now my first-choice team are all level ~10-15. Not sure if the dlc is necessary at the moment.

I am completely broke, though.

Sorry if this has already been asked, did a thread search and couldn't find anything.

Seeing as the first lot of DLC is now out for EU (bar Champions of Lore 1 which was there on release) - can any NA players write up a definitive list of what DLC is worth buying? At £5 ($8) a pack I'm not sure if I want to buy all of them. I'm tempted by EXPonential Growth if it really does powerlevel characters, there's a fairly big gap I'd like to close between my high-level and low-level characters.

But I don't want to blow £10 on today's DLC if the best stuff is yet to come.

From Series 1

The Best

- Lost Bloodlines 2 (Alm) and Smash Brethren 2 (Eirika) give you new classes (Dread Fighter and Bride respectively).
- Golden Gaffe gives you extra money, EXPonential Growth gives you a place to grind for more EXP, and Infinite Regalia gives access to legendary weapons. Please note that EXPonential Growth becomes less useful later on, but you can still save money by buying in a pack with the other 2.
- Rogues and Redeemers 3 (Ike) gives Limit Breaker (+10 all stats) and is generally considered a must have for the upcoming DLC with Anna as a boss.

Useful

- Champions of Yore 3 (Micaiah) gives you All Stats +2, which is an okay skill until Limit Breaker is released
- Lost Bloodlines 3 (Seliph) gives you Paragon, which doubles your experience.
- Smash Brethren 3 (Lyn) gives you Iote's Shield, which negates the bonus damage to flying units weakness with arrows and wind magic

Not worth your money

Champions of Yore 2, Lost Bloodlines 1, Smash Brethren 1, Rogues and Redeemers 1 and 2.

EDIT

Series 2

These maps are more about bonuses after the playthrough and are greatly affected by your own judgement if you want them or not.

Challenge Pack (Death's Embrace, Five-Anna Firefight, Roster Rescue) are there to give players an extra challenge for themselves before TSON.

Scramble Pack (Harvest and the upcoming Summer and Hot Spring Scramble) provide more conversations between your units. Summer and Hot Spring in particular, come with CG art for some characters in swimsuits and kimonos.

The rest have yet to be released here but...

The Future of Despair maps are more of an extra story, were you have to rescue the children in an alternate timeline.

The Strongest One's Name is the hardest of all DLC maps and is for all players wanting to give themselves the greatest challenge the game has to offer.

TWILT

Banned
Finally started Priam's map, and oh my, that's a lot of units I can bring (1/3rd of which I don't even use anymore lol...)

I'm starting to like this guy already though.

Top Bottom