• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So for ChromxSumia, which skills should I grind before I get their kid? What level of stats should I grind to, or does it not matter? Does it affect their base stats only or their max stats?

Also why does it still show Chrom and Sumia having S ranks available for the other characters? I haven't gotten that point with the other characters, but I see it available instead of being gone.

Is there a good list of what parents should pass on per pairing?

I'm starting to think it's going to be just me and the crickets in team Flavia

my friend likes flavia he thinks shes the best hero :p

So for ChromxSumia, which skills should I grind before I get their kid? What level of stats should I grind to, or does it not matter? Does it affect their base stats only or their max stats?

Also why does it still show Chrom and Sumia having S ranks available for the other characters? I haven't gotten that point with the other characters, but I see it available instead of being gone.

For the chrom and sumia pairing the skills chrom passes dont matter since he will pass aether regardless to his daughters and rightful king to the boys. As for sumia the most popular skill for her is to grind for gale force as that adds an extra action if you managed to beat an enemy

Whatever really, since their kids will inherit Aether from Chrom and have access to all of Sumia's classes. The higher the stats, the more powerful the kid will start at. The parent's current stats when you recruit the kid will only affect their base stats as the pairing itself affects the max stats.

They just showing all their options and love that could have been!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Aw, come on. Inigo's text is messed up too for the the Palla map. I want to read what he says ;_;

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot you can press R to read it :x

Kainazzo

Always with Tharja or Cordelia, does nobody like
Aversa
:( ?

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for honest
redemption
stories. Shame there's no epilogue art of her
dressed in normal clothes
. Plus, giving
Shadowgift
to Morgan's fairly neat.

Ziek

Awakening is my first Fire Emblem game... also my first strategy RPG.

So far it's been relatively easy. I just got to a prologue on the
second continent. The one where you have to defend an Ally from flying enemies. DAMN it's hard. Anyone got tips?

Moonlight

Banned
Team Anna is always accepting new members.

Twenty dollars for admission, eight dollars for concession, eighty two dollars for the membership card, and a complimentary -25% off coupon at 'The Secret Seller'.

second continent. The one where you have to defend an Ally from flying enemies. DAMN it's hard. Anyone got tips?

Make A wall around i used a rescue staff to position to a good spot and then surrounded my units to protect.

Always with Tharja or Cordelia, does nobody like
Aversa
:( ?

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for honest
redemption
stories. Shame there's no epilogue art of her
dressed in normal clothes
. Plus, giving
Shadowgift
to Morgan's fairly neat.

Honestly i like all the girls in this game they all have some a quality to them that i like which makes it hard for me to pick with subsequent playthroughs same goes for the males actually :p

Is it the one with
Cherche's child?

Well you could send your own filers and probably with a paired up unit to take the left and right sides. The stage definitely needs your own filers to pick off the incoming enemy filers.

Another option is if you have enough staff users, you can use the rescue staff to take all the NPCs to the middle island and bunker down there. It could be easier as you don't need to split your party into three groups.

WhyMe6

So this is my first Fire Emblem game proper, and I'm seven hours in and loving it. I'm starting to understand the way the game and its systems work, so I'm looking forward to playing the hell out of it then moving onto all the other FE games I own but have never played (Sacred Stones, PoR, RD).

Also: so far, I <3 Sumia.

Draxal

Cordelia is the best end game unit of all the first gen wives, and she has the best kid and gives good modifiers to the other kid if you want a str based one. She's a galeforce rocket launcher and can use gungnir/gradivus without it being damaged.

Moonlight

Banned
Is it the one with
Cherche's child?
I'm assuming he's referring to
Tiki's
mission.

In which case, surround
Tiki's
with your toughest/fastest units, but space them just one square away from her - they have Tomahawks, so you can't hug her, but if spaced and positioned correctly, they'll have to go through your units first. Surround her perimeter while ensuring the enemy can't throw a tomahawk over your wall of units and at
Tiki's
. I could draw a quick grid, if I'm not explaining well enough.

Kincaido

Cordelia is the best end game unit of all the wives, and she has the best kid and gives good modifiers to the other kid if you want a str based one. She's got galeforce rocket launcher and can use gungnir/gradivus without it being damaged.

She really is the best. Makes the best family ever with the Avatar. All the people that don't like her are just jealous that she's a better unit than their waifu.

Dantis

NoE are having a bath with these DLC prices.

£5.40? You're doing it fucking wrong, Nintendo.

EDIT: Wait,I just bought the Champions map pack and two of them aren't even out yet?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Moonlight

Banned
Only the best girl rides a badass dragon. And all the cool kids know dragons are cool.
comic296_zps6463473c.png

Somewhat relatedly, but only the best girl can make money off of a dragon.

Oxx

NoE are having a bath with these DLC prices.

£5.40? You're doing it fucking wrong, Nintendo.

EDIT: Wait,I just bought the Champions map pack and two of them aren't even out yet?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Yeah, I saw that and I still bought them.

The one map that is out is far too tough for my current team as well.

You live and you learn.

Sleepy

Just passed 20 hours, just beat chapter 10. Grinding supports, marriages, exp. I think I have over leveled, as I stomped the shit out of chapter 10.

Oh, Team Miriel. She speaks my language.

Side story 4 done...that took more tries than it needed to. Stupid thief putting the pressure on and then NPC being in the wrong place to kill him on turn 3. The risen spwans that came after for the B-team to handle were fun; one of them was a map full of dark mages. I was forced to park Frederick with Sumia on a fort (and watch his axe level go from D to B). I guess I could have also used Libra...I did get a Towering Bow so maybe I'll regret using Virion less.

I guess tomorrow we go on to chapter 11 and we find out if our efforts (post chapter 11)
to keep Chrom away from girls that are not his sister paid off or not.

Wait a sec...I forgot to ever do side story 3, maybe I should do that first.

The toilet bowl armor is probably not helping.
Somebody else noticed? You really can't unsee that. I remember when the same thing happened with the RAmar in PSO.

So damn true! Dat long red hair!!
Have you been reading support conversations...
Kellam mentions it in the B support

McNum

Well Chapter 12 was a ton of fun.
Enemy count: 40?!
What a slugfest. Almost got Vaike killed for being too awesome. But he held on. There is such a thing as too much offense on the Enemy Phase if they all get to hit you once. Gotta love the shop you unlock from that chapter, too. Transformation stones and Master Seals. Just need one that sells Second Seals now.

Got a lot of units hitting or nearing 20 now. Need to figure out what I want to do with them. Vaike could use Sol, so Hero, maybe, but he probably should end up as a Berserker in the end. Maybe dip into Barbarian for Despoil, but on the flipside, I don't need that now that I have The Golden Gaffe. Lissa is going War Cleric, she just missed 20 on this map, so I think I'll pop a Risen somewhere and have her heal once. Done and done. Might even pack a Master Seal and an axe to get started. Battlefield promotions are neat.

Next up... chapter 13? I have a sneaking suspicion what's going to happen next.

Also my Avatar and Lissa can now do an S support, but I'm not sure about that one. I think A is enough for now.

I want all of the DLC but I don't want to buy any of it.

Hmm, life is hard.

Find someone who bought all the DLC and play your game on theirs.

Sure, all the DLC related stuff will show up as GIANT question marks and you won't get all the skills onto your main game, but for that brief moment you will.

McNum

Luckily chapter 14 is not that far away ;).
This totally won't break the game. Well, not until after the story missions.

I like how you can use the seals directly without having to put them in your inventory. Nice little usability upgrade there.

Wiseblade

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/katietiedrich/comic296_zps6463473c.png[img]

Somewhat relatedly, but only the best girl can [i]make money[/i] off of a dragon.[/QUOTE]

Man, Chrom's reaction was exactly the same as mine when I first came across Nowi. Likje seriously, you'd have to be INSANE to pair her up with Lon'qu (yes, I'm calling you out Kurita).
[quote="Save 'N Quit, post: 55478608"]I'm jelly that mai waifu doesn't have awesome muscles and talk like a sailor.[/QUOTE]

I know you are.

yami4ct

I want all of the DLC but I don't want to buy any of it.

Hmm, life is hard.

If they had a big buy everything for like $25, I'd totally take advantage of it. As it stands, the DLC chapter they gave out for free did nothing to sell me on it. I'll probably buy the Future pack, but nothing else.

yami4ct

From Series 1

The Best

- Lost Bloodlines 2 (Alm) and Smash Brethren 2 (Eirika) give you new classes (Dread Fighter and Bride respectively).
- Golden Gaffe gives you extra money, EXPonential Growth gives you a place to grind for more EXP, and Infinite Regalia gives access to legendary weapons. Please note that EXPonential Growth becomes less useful later on, but you can still save money by buying in a pack with the other 2.
- Rogues and Redeemers 3 (Ike) gives Limit Breaker (+10 all stats) and is generally considered a must have for the upcoming DLC with Anna as a boss.

As someone who's just getting back into the game on my XL, this list should prove useful. Like I said before, I found CoY 1 to be pretty boring. Did not enjoy it at all and am not interested in any extra characters that don't actually talk. I can kind of say that about bonuses in general. I'm more interested in are the maps actually fun to play.

So I guess I'll ask this, after I finish this normal playthrough, I might grab some DLC for a hard playthrough. Which maps are actually fun to play regardless of any characters, bonuses, money, fan service, etc. you get from them?

Okay. I'm having a bit of a problem here.

I married Kellam with Cordelia, and naturally the mission to recruit their child came up.

It was at this location called Mercenary Fortress, which wasn't too much of a problem, FOR MY UNITS.

The daughter kept going forward towards the enemy, and the enemy kept spawning reinforcements. One of those reinforcements happened to have one of those swords that do magic damage and end up killing her. So I restart, only to realize that it's only going to keep following that EXACT SAME CYCLE. The daughter will keep going towards the enemy and get killed by the same enemy.

And there's practically no saving her. My units start far away from her and she keeps rushing in hugging the top wall.

I can talk to her, but she doesn't join the party and remains as an ally.

I can't be the only one having this problem right?

Kincaido

I married Kellam with Cordelia, and naturally the mission to recruit their child came up.

It was at this location called Mercenary Fortress, which wasn't too much of a problem, FOR MY UNITS.

The daughter kept going forward towards the enemy, and the enemy kept spawning reinforcements. One of those reinforcements happened to have one of those swords that do magic damage and end up killing her. So I restart, only to realize that it's only going to keep following that EXACT SAME CYCLE. The daughter will keep going towards the enemy and get killed by the same enemy.

And there's practically no saving her. My units start far away from her and she keeps rushing in hugging the top wall.

You can control her after she talks to that guy iirc. Rescue staff is your friend if you're having trouble with her moving on her own.

She has to talk to that NPC up there in the upper right corner before she'll join you.

I sent some people to basically clear the path for her since I don't trust NPC AIs to keep themselves alive.

If they had a big buy everything for like $25, I'd totally take advantage of it. As it stands, the DLC chapter they gave out for free did nothing to sell me on it. I'll probably buy the Future pack, but nothing else.
Gah I just did the long NOE survey and this seems like a good idea I could have said. Well my comment of "a bit expensive" and low likelihood to buy more should have told them all...

Speaking of which. Do any DLC characters talk, PR Marth has so far said "..." (when I put him on a sparky tile). Do they get level up and shop quotes.

You can control her after she talks to that guy iirc. Rescue staff is your friend if you're having trouble with her moving on her own.

Oh damn, I wish I thought of that an hour ago, when she waltzed staight into a magic sword despite me having cleared out everyone else nearby I figured she could stay dead for her idiocy.

I finally felt as if I was gaining strength again, I managed to clear up a few side missions and felt ready to face whatever lied in chapter 19.....I was so very wrong.

Regarding the marriage related characters, don't they all arrive too low level to actually use without grinding?

Anteo

Oh damn, I wish I thought of that an hour ago, when she waltzed staight into a magic sword despite me having cleared out everyone else nearby I figured she could stay dead for her idiocy.

I finally felt as if I was gaining strength again, I managed to clear up a few side missions and felt ready to face whatever lied in chapter 19.....I was so very wrong.

Regarding the marriage related characters, don't they all arrive too low level to actually use without grinding?

Their base stats depends on the parents, so the more you train them the stronger the child will be. They arrive at level 10 so if they are capped you can just master seal them.

Gah I just did the long NOE survey and this seems like a good idea I could have said. Well my comment of "a bit expensive" and low likelihood to buy more should have told them all...

Speaking of which. Do any DLC characters talk, PR Marth has so far said "..." (when I put him on a sparky tile). Do they get level up and shop quotes.

DLC characters are just custom MyUnits from streetpass that have a custom portrait. That's why they can reclass into almost everything. I belive they do not get quotes, since those MU are set to the "silent" type.

Roto13

I would absolutely buy this.

ffdgh

Nope....aside from a generic phrase when finding a item on a sparklie tile.

Top Bottom