• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

I do like how multi-hits and friend assists tie in and flow really well in the combat view, but

But???

I can't remember, but I swear you get a guaranteed critical hit on Bazza at the end of that very first tutorial stage

Too much VGCW?

Not in all cases. FE7 had a particular map where u had to cap 3 points on a map to proceed. something along those lines wud have been lovely.

:p

That is like, the only time where there have ever been multiple capture points in FE. Everything else has been kill all the dudes, get to the end, beat the boss and take the throne. I don't really see much of a difference between that and Defeat Commander, unless the commander can move or is in the middle of the map or something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
asksidjakjdsa;

Motherfucking lunatic.

I don't think it's possible to make it through chapter 1 without losing sully and virion.

Motherfucking hammers.

Sendou

asksidjakjdsa;

Motherfucking lunatic.

I don't think it's possible to make it through chapter 1 without losing sully and virion.

Motherfucking hammers.

Hope you're not trying to take enemies out with them ;) I just used Frederick + one other dude and had all others chill out in a safe place in the top right corner of the map.

Antiwhippy

I was mostly using them to distract some enemies in an attempt to survive.

I just want you to dodge that hammer frederick. Why can't you do that one thing for me. :(

Antiwhippy

YES. FUCK YOU HAMMER GUY.

Man, the weapon triangle is really important in lunatic. Almost forgot that it exists in hard mode.

Also, again, build 2 face 4 voice 3 is such a good male av. He just seems like he is constantly exasperated.

Jintor

Lol Mission 11

take the isolated island straight off to stop the hero spawning, fall back to the bridges when the waves of wizards come along. Skip that spawning round, two turns later a bunch of puny ironmen spawn behind me and one-shot olivia

fannnnnnntaaaaastiiiiiiiiiiccccccccc

zoukka

Went to a risen challenge in chp 6, everyone dies in one hit to everything. Well I pair up Chrom and Freddy and they kill the entire enemy army alone on hard while the rest of my army watches from bushes 10 tiles behind them.

Espada

Goddamn, I think I screwed up. I just started the game today and I've been going through the story and doing some of those side/random missions.

But apparently I haven't been making ANY money whatsoever. I only have 2 heals and I'm stuck on Chapter 5: The Exalt and the King. I tried doing the random Risen mission that's on my screen but they're at level 10 and 1-2 shot every unit I have.

Is there any easy way to make money?

Wiseblade

Goddamn, I think I screwed up. I just started the game today and I've been going through the story and doing some of those side/random missions.

But apparently I haven't been making ANY money whatsoever. I only have 2 heals and I'm stuck on Chapter 5: The Exalt and the King. I tried doing the random Risen mission that's on my screen but they're at level 10 and 1-2 shot every unit I have.

Is there any easy way to make money?

If you've done the sidequests and fighting Risen, you should have a whole bunch of "bullion". Sell them.

Kweh

Super newb question time...

How do you use Door Keys? I'm standing in front of a gate that needs unlocking but I can't see how it's done...

I beat the main game at some unearthly hour in the morning, more thoughts on the game itself later but yeah take that hard mode and your ever fluctuating difficulty curve, PAL Reinforcements>Cheesy Hard Reinforcements

Antiwhippy

How am I supposed to do anything when everything goddamn one-shots me?

This is chapter 2 also for crying out loud.

I wish that they would let us reorder the map positions.

Quick instruction on the class change seals and when to use them?

I got one or two and my chars are getting past level 10, so wanna make sure I don't make mistakes.

eXistor

I told myself I wasn't gonna do it, but then I bought all the DLC available...

I never thought I was gonna get this hooked to a Fire Emblem game; I always liked the series, but I just completely suck at these types of games and I usually give up after a few hours. 20 hours into this and I'm hooked like nothing else. Already a contender for GOTY for me.

I don't even know how they expect you to beat Roster Rescue the "proper" way without Mire and a whole bunch of Rescue staves.

Sniping those baddies from afar.

zoukka

Can someone give some basic intel on the online functions, spotpass team, receiving shit from online etc?

Also I burned all my money on forging which was stupid now that I think about it. Are the "bars" that get used in forging shop specific, item specific or character specific and how do they refill?

And one more question, is it always beneficial to upgrade/change class as soon as it's possible for any given character stats wise?

Wiseblade

Of course that mage had to trigger that ONE PERCENT CHANCE of a crit and kill Stahl. I guess it isn't a real Fire emblem experience until you've been screwed over by the RNG.

So this talk of reinforcements got my wondering. Are they any good chapter data lists anywhere? I tried this FAQ and simply put, I can't trust it (in chapter 11 it doesn't list the mages from the eastern forts at all).

I'd like to finish Chapter 11 on my third attempt, I think I saw the last wave of reinforcements but would have liked to check. How I lost the other attempts (it wasn't really reinforcements appearing but...)
agroing the boss and his small army meant I had to charge at the boss that turn which left Olivia exposed to get one shotted by a Wryvern Rider. Yum. Second time was thinking a stupid dodge tank (Lon'Qu) could actually dodge...sword to face followed by axe to face. I should know better but I did get to see vantage. Joy.

storafötter;55715736 said:
It took them way too long to allow you to skip watching the enemies turn. I am playing with the animations off as I am not very impressed by them. I really enjoy how swift the game is to play opposed to earlier games.
Shadow Dragon did this. Hit start during enemy turn and it'll skip. Same with animations (btw, in Awakening hold L will enable/disable animation).

take the isolated island straight off to stop the hero spawning, ...
That hero you blocked drops a speedwing.

Can someone give some basic intel on the online functions, spotpass team, receiving shit from online etc?

Also I burned all my money on forging which was stupid now that I think about it. Are the "bars" that get used in forging shop specific, item specific or character specific and how do they refill?

And one more question, is it always beneficial to upgrade/change class as soon as it's possible for any given character stats wise?
So two online aspects, the outrelm gate (you'll see it on chapter 4). Its self explanatory when you get it (this is where the paid DLC is, if you're in Europe Champions of Youre 1 is free for a bit longer). The other is the bonus box (btw you can set up a streetpass team here too) which gives you some bonus items (through the renown rewards and the spotpassed items). The spotpass teams are teams lead by a character from an older fire emblem game, you summon them to the world map and can buy the character, equipment from their team or fight them.

Money, sometimes in the barracks you'll get free items so that can help. Also the skirmishes usually have one or two enemies who drop small bullion (which can be sold for 1000 gold). Right, the force. The points are per weapon. You can allocate 8 points between the 3 areas (each area can have up to 5) per weapon. I think you're limited to about 100 forged weapons.

Class changing. Usually its better to wait if you're changing to a promoted class (using a master seal). But if you are using a second seal to go to another basic class you might like to do this sooner as the basic classes have far lower maximum stats than promoted classes. Before using a second seal check the basic class has skills you will actually use though.

zoukka

So two online aspects, the outrelm gate (you'll see it on chapter 4). Its self explanatory when you get it (this is where the paid DLC is, if you're in Europe Champions of Youre 1 is free for a bit longer). The other is the bonus box (btw you can set up a streetpass team here too) which gives you some bonus items (through the renown rewards and the spotpassed items). The spotpass teams are teams lead by a character from an older fire emblem game, you summon them to the world map and can buy the character, equipment from their team or fight them.

Money, sometimes in the barracks you'll get free items so that can help. Also the skirmishes usually have one or two enemies who drop small bullion (which can be sold for 1000 gold). Right, the force. The points are per weapon. You can allocate 8 points between the 3 areas (each area can have up to 5) per weapon. I think you're limited to about 100 forged weapons.

Class changing. Usually its better to wait if you're changing to a promoted class (using a master seal). But if you are using a second seal to go to another basic class you might like to do this sooner as the basic classes have far lower maximum stats than promoted classes. Before using a second seal check the basic class has skills you will actually use though.

thanks!

Ferga

Of course that mage had to trigger that ONE PERCENT CHANCE of a crit and kill Stahl. I guess it isn't a real Fire emblem experience until you've been screwed over by the RNG.

My Stahl died by missing a 89%+10 hit rate spear :|

I was in disbelief.

Chrom

I don't even know how they expect you to beat Roster Rescue the "proper" way without Mire and a whole bunch of Rescue staves.

Sniping those baddies from afar.

I used a Dark Flier with Galeforce to be able to move across the map quickly enough to reach the southern exit before the Risen reached it, but barely. If they're good with magic, a tome like Thoron could be enough to quickly brush off anyone who comes your way; you definitely won't be able to reach the Risen in time if enemies are severely impeding your movement. I found the west side to be easier since you're not traveling as far.

level 10 unless you want underdog (its kind of nice on Manaketes and Taguel) in which case level 15. Both using second seal. Don't wait for level 30 and master seal (its quicker to go second seal then master seal).

I would say the same, but Master Seal wouldn't be an option for changing Donnel's class as a Villager anyway. Special classes like that can never use them.

Yaari

So I just completed the chapter with Anna, 5 I think? I spoke to her with Chrom but it doesnt look like she joined me. She did not die or anything. I already saved so I guess I am out of luck there? Is it a big loss to not have her?

Sendou

So I just completed the chapter with Anna, 5 I think? I spoke to her with Chrom but it doesnt look like she joined me. She did not die or anything. I already saved so I guess I am out of luck there? Is it a big loss to not have her?

She appears in two chapters. You get her in the latter.

I actually quite like the animations, but I will always miss the IMPACT the sprites had

They are timeless the ones from the GBA games. I miss being amazed by style of the animation. However I cannot complain since the game gives you so many different options. Fire Emblem never mattered about graphics to me so I enjoy the game despite only seeing the battle map most of the time!

Shadow Dragon did this. Hit start during enemy turn and it'll skip. Same with animations (btw, in Awakening hold L will enable/disable animation).

Thats funny because I played Shadow Dragon like crazy when it came out and I probably didn't even notice it. I must have believed that it didn't existed due to playing the GBA games the past years.

Now I just got to Chapter 10 and I have finally manage to level up my underdogs. I hate having to choose between who I want to use for battle as the rooster is increasing. Unfortunately I have yet to encounter an awesome (primarily) axe wielder. Is the one you start with the only non-promoted one?

I will say this that the reinforcements in the game are a joke. I expected more than one (if you are lucky two!) waves of reinforcement while playing on hard.

Chrom

storafötter;55760156 said:
I just got to Chapter 10 and I have finally manage to level up my underdogs. I hate having to choose between who I want to use for battle as the rooster is increasing. Unfortunately I have yet to encounter an awesome (primarily) axe wielder. Is the one you start with the only non-promoted one?.

There are only at least two other characters in the story who join in as a base class who primarily use axes. If you're at Chapter 10, you get the next one pretty soon.

There are only at least two other characters in the story who join in as a base class who primarily use axes. If you're at Chapter 10, you get the next one pretty soon.

Thats great to hear! I was starting to worry there. I guess I forgot that riders in this game use axe so I suppose that counts a bit.

Woah I just read peoples complaints about lack of fog of war or defend the throne. I am disappointed at hearing that as I have been waiting for that to happen. Definitely feel a lot more disappointed now. The fun thing about the defend missions was that if you were good enough to kill the boss before the mission ends you would be rewarded with good items.

Top Bottom