• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So should I second-class Donnel to Mercenary now that he reached level 15? That was a pain to get to
KuGsj.gif
also, what's a good Olivia build? She's level 17 already.

Merc is good for Donnel.

As for Olivia, if you want edit: Inigo (Owain is Lissa) to have Galeforce, go peg knight -> Dark Flier.

If not, or afterwards, go Myrmidion->SM for astra and Swordfaire, then second seal to assassin for better stat caps, or stick with the lance and second seal from dark flier to Falcon Knight for Lancefaire

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
You know I am really loving the story aspect of this game, it really had a lot of charm to it; the whole future children back in time and having traits based of your relationships you have build is something really well executed and just shows how Nintendo still has a lot of creative talent. I have grown to a lot of the characters and their quirky personalities and when one does die during combat I get a little crushed inside. Such an achievement to make me give a damn on what is going on and getting attached.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Rift Doooooor! Up to four of the things. Still can't use them.

And I have like 8 Reeking Boxes that I just don't care to do anything with. If you could force double spawns I'd definitely make use of them though.

Yeah I'm just going to finish the game and worry about doing all that stuff moreso my second playthrough on hard.

That's really the best way to go about it. You'll have a lot better feel for the game the second time around, doing things "better" won't feel like stressful or work-like.

zoukka

Played the one free DLC level. It's pretty nice that they put old music in those.

I got Marth out of the deal but am hesitant to use him... lodestar class? Will he function like normal characters?

Anteo

Played the one free DLC level. It's pretty nice that they put old music in those.

I got Marth out of the deal but am hesitant to use him... lodestar class? Will he function like normal characters?

Nope. No supports means he could be (like many other dlc/spotpass chars) the weakest link in your army.

Metroidvania

Nope. No supports means he could be (like many other dlc/spotpass chars) the weakest link in your army.

Some of the DLC characters (Palla and I think Katarina) make for the best rally bots, though, since they come with opposite gender specific skills, that free up kids to be damage dealers.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

The DLC and spotpass characters are basically special avatars, but with no supports.

Prince Marth is kind of useful since he comes with Aptitude, so like Donnel he'll become a monster if you level him up. Though unlike Donnel you don't have to deal with the awful Villager class.

Lodestar is a special class for Marth, you can't learn skills in it so it's a good idea to reclass him at level 10 if you do plan to use him.

MicH

Just recruited my first child! (besides the mandatory one). Owain. Wow is he different from Lissa or what. Brown hair which he probably got from Ricken. Very cool. Gonna go after Kjelle now (Sully x Gaius) and she has orange hair. So damn cool

I'm thinking about passing down Locktouch and Sullys first skill (the 2x weapon exp one). Is there anything better? (Gaius is Assasin and Sully is Paladin)

Metroidvania

Just recruited my first child! (besides the mandatory one). Owain. Wow is he different from Lissa or what. Brown hair which he probably got from Ricken. Very cool. Gonna go after Kjelle now (Sully x Gaius) and she has orange hair. So damn cool

I'm thinking about passing down Locktouch and Sullys first skill (the 2x weapon exp one). Is there anything better? (Gaius is Assasin and Sully is Paladin)

Well, Aegis would be better from Paladin Sully, as would pass or lethality from Gaius if you're a high enough level to have them, assuming you don't keep Kjelle as a knight->General.

The way I see it, going back to the unpromoted tiers to get lower level skills is much quicker xp wise than promoted classes, so it's easier to do several of them compared to having to go through multiple promoted classes, unless you're stat-capped for the lower tiers.

Check to see if there are any male-only classes that Gaius can become (I don't know off the top of my head). If there are, pick your favorite skill, level up Gaius to that point, and then get Kjelle. Kjelle won't be able to get those skills in any other way

According to this, it looks like Gaius can become a Hero and therefore get Sol. I'm not sure why that page lists it as uniquely inheritable, though, because female characters can be the Hero class.

MicH

Well, Aegis would be better from Paladin Sully, as would pass or lethality from Gaius if you're a high enough level to have them, assuming you don't keep Kjelle as a knight->General.

The way I see it, going back to the unpromoted tiers to get lower level skills is much quicker xp wise than promoted classes, so it's easier to do several of them compared to having to go through multiple promoted classes, unless you're stat-capped for the lower tiers.

Check to see if there are any male-only classes that Gaius can become (I don't know off the top of my head). If there are, pick your favorite skill, level up Gaius to that point, and then get Kjelle. Kjelle won't be able to get those skills in any other way
Thanks. I should probably level them up as they're both only lvl 1 promoted. So they don't have access to any skills beyond the base class ones. I should probably level them up before I get her.

EDIT: Gaius can get Thief and Fighter classes that Kjelle can't. He can pass on, as Metroidvanina mentioned, Lethality and Sol, as well. And then there's Aegis from Sully, great skill. Thanks for pointing that out to me, Metroidvania

Draxal

According to this, it looks like Gaius can become a Hero and therefore get Sol. I'm not sure why that page lists it as uniquely inheritable, though, because female characters can be the Hero class.

She can't get it normaly because she inherits if from the fighter side and not the merc side.

Metroidvania

it looks like Gaius can become a Hero and therefore get Sol. I'm not sure why that page lists it as uniquely inheritable, though, because female characters can be the Hero class.

Theoretically, it would be more conducive to pass on something exclusive like Counter or Rally Strength from the Warrior class, but only if you want to troll spotpass (counter is not as effective on you as it is enemies, since your characters have much more inherent worth) or have a rally bot.

edit: Whoops, forgot about Sol not being able to be learned due to it being from fighter-> Hero, instead of merc. Yeah, that's probably the best option overall.

Draxal

Theoretically, it would be more conducive to pass on something exclusive like Counter or Rally Strength from the Warrior class, but only if you want to troll spotpass (counter is not as effective on you as it is enemies, since your characters have much more inherent worth) or have a rally bot.

Sol's exclusive in this case.

Rally str is only worth passing off to the avatar's kid, because nobody else can get rally spectrum (by far the best rally).

Anteo

Gaius gets Sol from Fighter>Hero. Female characters can't inherit Fighter as is a male exclusive class. They will get Pegasus Knight instead. So Gaius is the perfect match for any female that has a daughter and does not have access to PegKnight like Tharja.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Your Owain is like mine, ha. As much as he spouts off about his sword hand, he's a much better mage.

MicH

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna let Gaius pass down Sol. I actually didn't even know he could get it until I looked at his class trees, haha. Will have to train both him and Sully to let Kjelle to have Sol and Aegis. This is really something I wouldn't have imagined I would be interested in when I started playing this game

Your Owain is like mine, ha. As much as he spouts off about his sword hand, he's a much better mage.
Yeah, he's a character for sure. My main goal with pairing up Lissa and Ricken was to have a great magic wielder as well

NeonZ

Awakening characters vs Legacy characters is a matter of sacrificing extra dual attack chances for a better skill selection and often better caps(only bonus map characters and the avatar have +4 caps, about half of the first gen characters don't even have +3 caps). Support stats boots get fixed with dual support +, and you only need one of that skill per pair, so it won't take much space.

Second gen characters certainly are better - they'll have the skill variety, improved caps and support, but I'm not convinced that the first gen ones, avatar aside, are generally better than spotpass.

Is that why Marth sucked any time I used him?

He's like my only melee unit that enemies want to pick off.

Although that can be a problem, it doesn't sound like that's your issue. Do you pair up characters and already have high support levels between them? That's how you'd notice that weakness.

How far in the game were you when you got him? Marth's initial stats as a Lodestar should be pretty good due to it having bases comparable to a promoted class, although it gains experience like an unpromoted one. And then he has crazy growth due to Aptitude. But that's assuming you get him as soon as the DLC gate opens up. If you had advanced more in the story when you got him, then he might lag behind your other team members in the beginning.

Sleepy

There's not really any trick to it. You probably just aren't strong enough to do it yet. It's a map to farm legendary weapons, naturally intended for post-game stuff.

Ah...I have some promoted characters at 20 though. I thought I could take it; I was dead wrong.

Metroidvania

Is there any list with the best reclasses or upgrades for every character?

Well, it depends on what you want.

For example, Assassin has 2 higher max STR and 4 higher max skill caps compared to Swordmaster, but SM has 4 more magic, 2 more Defense and 8 more Resistance. However, Assassin also has access to bows if you really need some ranged in addition.

It's kind of a toss-up since reclassing is endless and no skills are locked. It's more likely you'll be reclassing for certain OP skills (Galeforce, Sol, Aegis/Pavise, Lifetaker, the various Faire/breaker skills) rather than the class caps itself unless you want to switch to a class that has a much higher growth in a certain stat (I.e. general or Great Knight for defense) on a character that is lacking in that regard. (though this doesn't really have a super high effect on growth percentages in this game)

Technically, a list of each character-class stat caps is available for perusal here at Serenes

edit: Skills are also here

Anteo

Also you may want to get many skills, specially the WeaponBreaker skills, since you can set your skills at the beggining of the map, you can reequip acording to what you see in the enemies. (Though you will mostly stay with the same skills)

Frost_Ace

I have to say that it feels kinda weird not using bows in this game, I always use at least one archer/bow knight in my playthroughs :/

Sendou

Does anyone else like Virion :( Did you guys even support him with other characters. Some good conversations there. There's nothing that dude can't do.

Anteo

I haven't used a single archer as well.

Not a fan of
Noire
either.

I also can't imagine how annoying it must be to grind as a Sniper.

Not that bad, but that's because Virion's been rng blessed on all my runs, I know he won't take a single hit even when surrounded.

Ignore the Archers and Sniper.

Need someone to use a bow? Give it to Gaius or anyone else reclassed into the Assassin class since they're actually good.

Anteo

The only thing I want for archers is a +1 range to Bows.

I think the next FE should have 1 skill locked to a class, and other skills that can be equiped like in this game. That way we can have Canto locked to some mounted classes and Range+1 locked to archers for example.

Metroidvania

It's just a subtle way of IntSys acknowledging that archers suck anyway :/

though Rebecca from FE7 will always have a special place in my heart <3

Well, Archers were always more useful in enclosed spaces were enemies could be halted, or behind castle walls without fear of counterattacks.

This game has a ton of maps with wide open spaces where the enemies come bearing down on you, and there aren't always easy ways to funnel them.

That, and there's a ton of 1-2 range options in all of the other regalia level weapon classes this time around, and not just the throwing axe and tomahawk / javelin and spear.

Rebecca was my go to Sniper in FE7. So good.

Top Bottom