• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Golnei

Wait, for real? I don't know about the Fire Emblem fandom, but the Smash Bros fandom almost exclusively favors Female Robin over Male Robin. Like, good luck finding a tournament match or general fanart with just Male Robin for Smash.

I know the female Robin is more common in a Smash context, I was trying to reconcile it with seeing more male avatars in Awakening itself - looking at how people are more inclined to create art of individual Awakening avatars than male Smash Robin, for example.

Again, I'm probably drawing the wrong conclusion.

You can't waifu yourself.

Insert Corrin mirror picture here.

The #corrincest fandom has a long way to go, but I'm certain they'll become a healthy movement in the fullness of time.

I know the female Robin is more common in a Smash context, I was trying to reconcile it with seeing more male avatars in Awakening itself - looking at how people are more inclined to create art of individual Awakening avatars than male Smash Robin, for example.

Again, I'm probably drawing the wrong conclusion.

The #corrincest fandom has a long way to go, but I'm certain they'll become a healthy movement in the fullness of time.

can't have a waifu ingame if you pick female Robin!

Golnei

can't have a waifu ingame if you pick female Robin!

Obviously, but people choosing the male avatar just to have a waifu still counts towards how widespread it is overall. Treating male Robin as the "canon" option because of that would also indicate a desire to validate that choice - the popularity of Male Robin could probably be heavily conflated with Lucina's, from that point of view.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
cute
CXmeGLeUwAAdP39.jpg

They do have to be at max Level. Is there a reason to use Eternal Seals before max Level? : P

Extreme fringe case: End of chapter, a unit is 1 Exp away from hitting Lv. 20. For strategic reasons, you can't safely burn a turn to use the Eternal Seal until the very end of the next chapter because all your other units are worse than Odin and can't cover them for a single turn. i.e. An entire chapter's worth of Exp gets wasted.

Now, I can't imagine what kind of luck you'd need to get everyone on Odin's level nor think of any maps so dangerous that someone like Azura would be murdered for breathing. I also can't imagine a unit that does everything really needing the extra levels. :p

Chrom

So I found something a little interesting today.

Nintendo of America is now letting you pre-order the digital versions of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Conquest.

Nintendo letting you digitally pre-order games from their website is nothing new, but what's surprising is that they seem to be selling the retail versions of Birthright and Conquest as digital downloads? There is no sign of there being a vanilla download version like there is in Japan, which actually has both paths included but locks out the one you don't choose on your first playthrough for you to purchase as a discount afterwards.

Assuming this is really the case, it's not a change I was expecting, but it's something I can welcome. I think this would simplify the distribution a bit better for consumers to more easily understand.

That said, I would be personally a little bummed about this because, as I like to download all of my games, I was hoping to have a single neutral "Fire Emblem Fates" on my 3DS Home Menu screen like in Japan and not one tagged with either Birthright or Conquest. I guess they may be leaving that only to the Special Edition?

This is just my interpretation of this and I could be mistaken somehow. Alternatively, maybe both of these pre-orders could be of a "Fire Emblem Fates" digital version with only the respective path downloaded.

Until the game properly shows up on the eShop for pre-loading later, it's hard to be sure what's going on yet. But it does seem to me like the distribution won't exactly be like the Japanese release if I'm understanding everything correctly. I don't find it to be an unlikely scenario since they're already changing up how the Special Edition will offer Revelation.

Why are there always so many "if you reset when someone dies what's the point of playing classic" posts?

Extreme fringe case: End of chapter, a unit is 1 Exp away from hitting Lv. 20. For strategic reasons, you can't safely burn a turn to use the Eternal Seal until the very end of the next chapter because all your other units are worse than Odin and can't cover them for a single turn. i.e. An entire chapter's worth of Exp gets wasted.

Now, I can't imagine what kind of luck you'd need to get everyone on Odin's level nor think of any maps so dangerous that someone like Azura would be murdered for breathing. I also can't imagine a unit that does everything really needing the extra levels. :p

well you've basically already failed if all of your units are worse than Odin :p

People will never stop being upset about #FE not living up to their crazy expectations from a 20 second teaser yet the same people will line up to play Persona 5 when #FE is probably a better RPG zzzz

L95

People will never stop being upset about #FE not living up to their crazy expectations from a 20 second teaser yet the same people will line up to play Persona 5 when #FE is probably a better RPG zzzz

I didn't know there was a lot of crossover between FE and Persona

(though I feel like I missed something, what particular salt mine erupted now?)

Draxal

I didn't know there was a lot of crossover between FE and Persona

(though I feel like I missed something, what particular salt mine erupted now?)

Three new fire emblem threads opened up today each with their own issue (SAKURAI LOVES FE TOO MUCH, why #FE, CASUAL MODE RUINED FIRE EMBLEM)

@MPR I think Persona 5 will probably be the better game personally as I think it will be more ambitious, but to say Persona 5 has not gotten fanservicey when the female lead is wearing a cat suit and has fucking Carmen has a persona. (argument that I saw made in another thread)

Neogaf in general lets too many wet towels ruin threads, critiques are fine and all, but man posting the same negative stuff 20 times in the same thread gets old.

edit. I really hope they rebalance Odin for the western release.

Three new fire emblem threads opened up today each with their own issue (SAKURAI LOVES FE TOO MUCH, why #FE, CASUAL MODE RUINED FIRE EMBLEM)

@MPR I think Persona 5 will probably be the better game personally as I think it will be more ambitious, but to say Persona 5 has not gotten fanservicey when the female lead is wearing a cat suit and has fucking Carmen has a persona. (argument that I saw made in another thread)

Neogaf in general lets too many wet towels ruin threads, critiques are fine and all, but man posting the same negative stuff 20 times in the same thread gets old.

edit. I really hope they rebalance Odin for the western release.

I haven't seen the Sakurai thread
and there's plenty of non-Fire Emblem things to shitpost about in there
but the casual mode thread is definitely not full of "DAE CASUAL MODE IS SHIT"

sometimes i do wonder why am i bother to read randomly spawned threads like that when i can already predict the direction it will end up
anyway, with my #FE got caught by customs... probably I should 'try' continue with my FEif progress :v

Path of Radiance speedrun at AGDQ just started if you're interested

sometimes i do wonder why am i bother to read randomly spawned threads like that when i can already predict the direction it will end up
anyway, with my #FE got caught by customs... probably I should 'try' continue with my FEif progress :v

does it really count as trying if you're guaranteed to fail :p

Rutger

Banned
I did not know that "just play on casual if you're gonna reset after every death" was a thing...

Maybe I should just stay away from the average gaming side FE thread.

Golnei

Not sure why people are so bent out of shape about a Wii U game hardly anyone is going to buy.

Bayonetta 2 discussions were (and still are) not entirely civil; and that will probably sell a good deal worse than #FE in the end.

Oh man that #fe thread turned into a warzone, over breasts and glasses.

One or the other have the power to derail a topic singlehandedly. With both combined, nobody stood a chance.

Bayonetta 2 discussions were (and still are) not entirely civil; and that will probably sell a good deal worse than #FE in the end.

have you actually been paying attention to the sales

like how Bayonetta 2 had a better opening week than #FE even in Japan

Draxal

I did not know that "just play on casual if you're gonna reset after every death" was a thing...

Maybe I should just stay away from the average gaming side FE thread.

Fire Emblem general threads are pretty bad, because the same stuff gets repeated over and over and over again.

I'm guilty of it myself, so I guess I shouldn't be throwing stones.

Top Bottom