• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

kswiston

I will be happy when I can finally join in on the fates talk in about a month. It will take me forever to get through all 3 campaigns though. Being a dad means my free time is mostly limited from about 9pm-12am, and video games are not my sole hobby.

I am entering Chapter 16 of my Sacred Stones replay. Some of the maps in this game throw a crazy number of enemies at you given their relative size. However, I think I have hit the portion of a Fire Emblem game where my units have outstripped enemy progression, so barring lucky crits, I don't find myself resetting often.

I am missing the larger casts of FE9+. It feels weird to only have 1-2 units for some of the base classes after so many entries with 45-75 units.

Removing the petting Shit in fates is whatever but it's like the hostess shit in Yakuza, people cheering on the removal of content and on some level it irks me that such a nothing thing was just taken out of the game. NoA takes forever, removes stuff from the game whether its a good call or not and makes the game have three editions, confusing people for months with little follow up, and making a very limited run of the version with all three? Somewhere along the line I think I'm just not buying Fates but that's probably because it releases days before Street Fighter.

Draxal

Removing the petting Shit in fates is whatever but it's like the hostess shit in Yakuza, people cheering on the removal of content and on some level it irks me that such a nothing thing was just taken out of the game. NoA takes forever, removes stuff from the game whether its a good call or not and makes the game have three editions, confusing people for months with little follow up, and making a very limited run of the version with all three? Somewhere along the line I think I'm just not buying Fates but that's probably because it releases days before Street Fighter.

Eh, I understand the fandom's desire not to dive in the pandering chasm. I mean this option is very much linked to that perception.

Weebos

Banned
Yeah, its really not a feature I want to be continued or expanded on in the future of the franchise, so its removal is a positive to me. Hopefully IS reins it in a little, maybe create a new franchise for all the touching stuff they want.

I'd buy it.

jzbluz

I found it boring myself, but I didn't think it was such a big deal? I was looking forward to the dialogue though, so I'm a bit disappointed that it was removed in the localization. I wonder if they will remove the hot springs and the model viewer as well.

Eh, I understand the fandom's desire not to dive in the pandering chasm. I mean this option is very much linked to that perception.

Then theres a disconnect between NoA and the Japanese side. If this game is successful (which it already is) then I wonder what the next iteration will look like. Removing the date rape conversation is good because thats gross and can be altered, but theres no altering being done here. Its just axed. And from my understanding it led to stat growths and stuff like that.

Really I'm just frustrated with NoA on multiple levels for multiple reasons from multiple games at this point. I want to be hopeful for the NX, but I dunno.

I found it boring myself, but I didn't think it was such a big deal? I was looking forward to the dialogue though, so I'm a bit disappointed that it was removed in the localization. I wonder if they will remove the hot springs and the model viewer as well.

Yes and yes.

L95

I don't know how to describe it, emotionally, I had a positive reaction to the feature being gone, but the fact that devs put it in in the first place means the source of the problem probably wasn't resolved, so I'm back to my feeling towards this being "shrug"

I admit, I did want to see how they pulled off the voice acting lol.

Oh, also, the art is also used for confessions, so the art made for the feature isn't gone, unless we're getting no confessions/new confession art.

Weebos

Banned
I don't know how to describe it, emotionally, I had a positive reaction to the feature being gone, but the fact that devs put it in in the first place means the source of the problem probably wasn't resolved, so I'm back to my feeling towards this being "shrug"

Hopefully somebody in Japan tells IS, "Hey, NoA straight up cut this feature, so maybe don't?"

L95

Actually, that makes me think, why would the private quarters have an exclamation mark above it then? Replacement feature?

haha, nintendo japan listening to what america does

There is a glimmer of hope, the anniversary book that came out recently mentioned development of the feature, and there are devs that thought the feature was kinda creepy/didn't want it. (they compromised by toning it down) Maybe it'll nudge them in a certain direction, but I doubt it.

Draxal

Then theres a disconnect between NoA and the Japanese side. If this game is successful (which it already is) then I wonder what the next iteration will look like. Removing the date rape conversation is good because thats gross and can be altered, but theres no altering being done here. Its just axed. And from my understanding it led to stat growths and stuff like that.

Yes and yes.

Some Japanese fans are very much against the direction the series is going over there as well.

Actually, that makes me think, why would the private quarters have an exclamation mark above it then? Replacement feature?

Yeah, that's the only reason I thought it was in.

Some Japanese fans are very much against the direction the series is going over there as well.

I'm not saying there aren't. Fire Emblem games come in twos but it makes me wonder what the next iteration will look like, if they will keep the marriage/children stuff because its thought it is what saved the franchise (not really)

L95

Maybe... they kept the whole 'invite someone over' menu, with the list of characters, and there's a little brief hangout conversation and it ends and you get the little support bonus? They literally just cut the minigame but not necessarily inviting peeps over?

Weebos

Banned
Maybe... they kept the whole 'invite someone over' menu, with the list of characters, and there's a little brief hangout conversation and it ends and you get the little support bonus? They literally just cut the minigame but not necessarily inviting peeps over?

I could see them having a short scene with the Live2D stuff, but cutting out the touching part.

Xenoflare

While I knew that since the beginning that it would be cut, I still feel a bit bummed out as I can't see those great character models in game

Weebos

Banned
NAMES!

Hinata is still Hinata
Oboro is still Oboro

Lancer Fighters =
Spear Fighters
Pegasus Warriors =
Sky Knights

Cut-Through =
Lunge

Those changes aren't terrible. Spear Fighters is a little dry, but so is Lance Fighters.

While I knew that since the beginning that it would be cut, I still feel a bit bummed out as I can't see those great character models in game

They're used for confessions, so you have some way of seeing them.

Xenoflare

At first I thought Felicia sounded like a man.

She does have some uhh odd voice

Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope dual audio is in tact

Shun

This OT is going to be so difficult to keep on track with so many different factions finding a platform to whine complain or just outright derail any form of objective discussion.

Seda would it be possible for there to be strict rules in place like the import and #FE threads and some kind of environment that encourages objective discussion and criticism of the gameplay and story and localization, and not petty stuff like derailing about censorship or designs or fan service or pandering, like how there will be strict rules enforced when the Persona 5 import/OT is out?

I understand that rules may "piss" people off but I would think it would be for the benefit of most people if it were not flooded with drive by posts and a constant derail if these past topics are to go by.

I am not the biggest fan of the direction of the series for a while due to Narihiro's mismanagement of Intelligent Systems over the years but I'm not going to derail and shit up every chance I get and I don't think it is fair to those who want to engage in actual discussion.

probably yeah....
NAMES!

Hinata is still Hinata
Oboro is still Oboro

Lancer Fighters =
Spear Fighters
Pegasus Warriors =
Sky Knights

Cut-Through =
Lunge

Also feel free to watch someone play Conquest Chp10 terribly
lmao that ch 10 gameplay

Chrom

This OT is going to be so difficult to keep on track with so many different factions finding a platform to whine complain or just outright derail any form of objective discussion.

Seda would it be possible for there to be strict rules in place like the import and #FE threads and some kind of environment that encourages objective discussion and criticism of the gameplay and story and localization, and not petty stuff like derailing about censorship or designs or fan service or pandering, like how there will be strict rules enforced when the Persona 5 import/OT is out?

I understand that rules may "piss" people off but I would think it would be for the benefit of most people if it were not flooded with drive by posts and a constant derail if these past topics are to go by.

I am not the biggest fan of the direction of the series for a while due to Narihiro's mismanagement of Intelligent Systems over the years but I'm not going to derail and shit up every chance I get and I don't think it is fair to those who want to engage in actual discussion.

Seconding this.

MORE AND MORE NAMES

Crimson =
Scarlet
Kagerou =
Kagero
Saizou =
Saizo
Asama =
Azama
Tsukyomi =
Hayato

Setsuna stays the same

Seda

Are you making the OT for Fates?

Draxal

I'm not saying there aren't. Fire Emblem games come in twos but it makes me wonder what the next iteration will look like, if they will keep the marriage/children stuff because its thought it is what saved the franchise (not really)

Marriage, probably but imho they'll bring it back in a more limited scope.

Children no.

Who knows really.

MORE AND MORE NAMES

Crimson =
Scarlet
Kagerou =
Kagero
Saizou =
Saizo
Asama =
Azama
Tsukyomi =
Hayato

Setsuna stays the same

Wasn't Tusukuyomi Yomi? Oh god, the confusion now.

Shun is indeed making the OP seda.

L95

MORE AND MORE NAMES

Crimson =
Scarlet
Kagerou =
Kagero
Saizou =
Saizo
Asama =
Azama
Tsukyomi =
Hayato

Setsuna stays the same

wait where did you get these ones?

(They changed Tsubaki but not Setsuna????)

kswiston

I'd be up for them cutting children next time. I haven't played Fates yet, but having to train up the kids because they were better units than the parents by far was a pain in the ass. I also didn't like having half the cast trapped behind max support levels, especially when you factored in skill inheritance.

PK Gaming

I'd be up for them cutting children next time. I haven't played Fates yet, but having to train up the kids because they were better units than the parents by far was a pain in the ass. I also didn't like having half the cast trapped behind max support levels, especially when you factored in skill inheritance.

That... isn't really a concern. Yes, they had the best potential but you could easily crush Awakening with gen 1 units.

Draxal

Kids have better caps, but growth rates are weird. Most of the kids aren't even used because they're such a pita to get in Fates.

That... isn't really a concern. Yes, they had the best potential but you could easily crush Awakening with gen 1 units.

PVP and Apotheosis (don't think I could have done that with all first genners).

Top Bottom