• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Xenoflare

I actually really like that for some reason

I can't get over how Indian it sounds

It sounds like a name you give to an Indian character of a poorly made comedy just for the cheap ethnic humour

And it sounds like a swear word in caps

RAHJAT!

I see what they were going for there

I'd care more if I actually cared about the character in the first place

I like the idea they have but the name just doesn't feel like it would fit in Hoshido

or well, whatever kind of version of Hoshido Treehouse is going with dropped letters and cutting names in half

Xenoflare

I like the idea they have but the name just doesn't feel like it would fit in Hoshido

or well, whatever kind of version of Hoshido Treehouse is going with dropped letters and cutting names in half

Yeah I don't know if it's just Awakening had shitty JPN names but the localized name all more or less improved.

Fates is just.... Ugh.

Draxal

Syalla didn't really fit Hosbido as well. I honestly think Rhajat is a better name for Tharja than Tharja itself.

Cordelia and Gaius are going to be hard names to work around.

Leiadorc and Suiga are my attempts to invoke Dorcas.

you do realize just because they use an anagram once doesn't mean the other two will as well right Draxal

All three of them are anagrams in Japan, it wouldn't surprise me either way.

see this is where the localization™ part comes in, cause I can't see that working especially for Cordelia

Golnei

I think the treehouse is fully aware that Rahjat sounds Indian

If you drop the H then it's a proper Indian given name

Dropping the R gives you something close to one valid transliteration of an Arabic given name as well. Given Plegia's vaguely Egyptian costuming in Awakening, it's probably intentional.

Xenoflare

Dropping the R gives you something close to one valid transliteration of an Arabic given name as well. Given Plegia's vaguely Egyptian costuming in Awakening, it's probably intentional.

I'm having a hard time to believe that it's a good decision.

I'm just gonna refer to NotTharja as Raj now

Golnei

Maybe Matoi and Gurei will be Desdemona/Emilia and Iagus. You can keep the Shakespeare theme from Cordelia's English name, which Iagus would fit with as well as being an anagram.

what if they changed chrom's name to something else

Uro
Komu

Xenoflare

Maybe Matoi and Gurei will be Desdemona/Emilia and Iagus. You can keep the Shakespeare theme from Cordelia's English name, which Iagus would fit with as well as being an anagram.

Uro
Komu

Those are just Nohrian names in terms of the setting.

CSX

Question about Fire Emblem Fates.

In Fire Emblem Awakening, it's possible to fast forward through battle scenarios by holding down the A button. However, there is no way to lock it to this speed, you always have to hold down the A button. Does Fire Emblem Fates function the same way, or did they add a setting to let you speed through fights without holding down the A button? Not talking about the game speed on the map.

You can tap the fast forward button on the touch screen and it acts as a toggle so you dont have to hold down A.

The problem is that you cant set it as default so either u tap it every time u initiate battle or deal with holding A.

Busaiku

It is, however, an anagram of Guire, the NOJ romanization of Gaius' Japanese name. (Don't ask me why that is the NOJ romanization, but it is lol)
How are we supposed to pronounce Gaia?
Guy-er like British would? But since it's Gurei now, I don't even know.

Draxal

Get your money bags out.

Signers at each of the Cipher Conventions.

Osaka: Senri Kita, Daisuke Izuka, Sachiko Wada. Mayo
Tokyo: Yusuke Kozaki, Sachiko Wada, Watetsu Kurosa, Mayo

Draxal

201601211021044e5.jpg

Cipher 3 Guidebook.

coopolon

Awakening is my first Fire Emblem game, and my first real japanese SRPG (I got about 5 hours into Jeanne D'arc once.) So I'm still learning a lot, really enjoying it though.

There's so many people though! I just beat chapter 14 and another person showed up. I've only got two people married (
that's including the forced early marriage
) and found their kids. I've got the core characters I like to use, almost all of them have been promoted, but I'm sad I'm leaving so many behind. There aren't as many risen showing up on the map, I know I can use reeking boxes to try to grind the people who are behind but I doubt I'll ever use them in the real chapters, but I bet some of them are awesome.

Argh, too many choices!

jzbluz

Awakening is my first Fire Emblem game, and my first real japanese SRPG (I got about 5 hours into Jeanne D'arc once.) So I'm still learning a lot, really enjoying it though.

There's so many people though! I just beat chapter 14 and another person showed up. I've only got two people married (
that's including the forced early marriage
) and found their kids. I've got the core characters I like to use, almost all of them have been promoted, but I'm sad I'm leaving so many behind. There aren't as many risen showing up on the map, I know I can use reeking boxes to try to grind the people who are behind but I doubt I'll ever use them in the real chapters, but I bet some of them are awesome.

Argh, too many choices!

You can use the bonus teams from the bonus box/spotpass to grind.

NeonZ

I tried that, but they never drop anything - no builion, no items, so I feel like I'm wasting my items on them. I hate durability by the way.

There's a Barbarian skill called Despoil that gives a chance of luck based money drops after beating an enemy. The Leif Sword also has the same ability.

jzbluz

I felt like restarting Fates, and ended up loosing Silas on the last enemy phase in chapter 10. Eh, he never turned out good for me anyway.

Chrom

I had always noticed the visual similarity between Old Hubba and the FE4 fortune teller, but the note suggesting they are actually one and the same is pretty neat.

Doesn't Fates have a different fortune teller?

L95

I had always noticed the visual similarity between Old Hubba and the FE4 fortune teller, but the note suggesting they are actually one and the same is pretty neat.

Doesn't Fates have a different fortune teller?

Yes, he's a bit more lanky and has a much longer beard.

EDIT: Hm... Fates spoiler. I think the Fortune teller might be the
Rainbow Sage? The rainbow sage is another human-form dragon that shows up in Fates. IDK why he'd be your fortune teller. If they aren't the same, they share a portrait.

Busaiku

Just Normal.
Going through Conquest, then Birthright, then Revelations.

Can't remember if I played Awakening on Hard or Normal first.
I know I didn't finish my Lunatic.

If Conquest goes really fast, I'll do the others on Hard.

Top Bottom