• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

StayDead

Just don't go down the pricey pricey route of promo hunting like I have (and Aveyn has for Sakura).

It's weird. I'm not even in it for getting a full collection. I just want to own a good number of packs of each.

The art is just sooo good.

I'm really looking forward to the #FE set!

you can now preorder fates dlc!

Revelation and Map Pack #1

interesting enough, map pack #1 contains 11 maps?

Map Pack 1 features 11 maps and additional content. These maps shine new light on the cast of characters from Fire Emblem Fates, as well as old favorites from the Fire Emblem Awakening game. Discover new background stories about these beloved warriors, while earning more experience points and exclusive weaponry. Every map offers specific challenges and unique rewards.

from official website

Draxal

you can now preorder fates dlc!

Revelation and Map Pack #1

interesting enough, map pack #1 contains 11 maps?

from official website

Pack 1 in Japan had 8 maps iirc. 7 downloads, but the final download was 2 maps. Pack 2 in Japan had 5 maps.

probably combines map packs 1 and 2 in Japan

what I'm interested in is if those Cipher TCG characters are going to be in there too or if they're just going to cut them outright (since I doubt they actually localize the cards)

edit.

Cipher cards look incredibly out of place.

And yeah discounting the two free maps, it would be equivalent of both map packs.

Draxal

Xander dominating the Serenese Forest character poll, Oboro winning for the womenz.

Voted Arthur/Oboro myself. Please don't ban me for not voting Sakura, Aveyn.

Weebos

Banned
So it's both map packs but it's labeled as Map Pack #1?

So more DLC coming then?

They did release a lot more DLC for Awakening, I'm surprised there hasn't been more yet already.

I remember a decent gap between DLC releases for Japanese Awakening, but I might be wrong.

Elise and Flannel will never win a popularity poll, will they? ._.

-----

On the inevitable Pack #2: I wonder if they'll re-do some of the Einherjar and give them the level of polish they gave the Amiibo characters along with new maps.

They did release a lot more DLC for Awakening, I'm surprised there hasn't been more yet already.

I remember a decent gap between DLC releases for Japanese Awakening, but I might be wrong.

There was a 2-and-a-half-month gap between the Einherjar and Grandmaster DLC, yes.

Is it cheating if I'd vote Luna? There's some designs I really like such as Hana but Awakening kids are the only characters I actually know anything about lol

Is it cheating if I'd vote Luna? There's some designs I really like such as Hana but Awakening kids are the only characters I actually know anything about lol

then why aren't you voting for his grace, Odin

also:
Nintendo has also announced a Fire Emblem Fates special edition New 3DS XL. Game not included, but releases on the same date (Feb 19).

i hope it looks ugly so i don't get tempted to get it

CZHtJYlW0AA7ZWi.jpg

$200

no game

looks pretty dull so I'll pass

CSX

NOA bundling all the DLC maps under "Map Pack 1"

...I thought they long given up on a season 2 of DLC maps lol

Oh, good. XL. Means the cover plates I ordered w/o even getting an N3DS won't go to waste. #ResponsibleSpending

Now if I could just get that Pokémon N3DS...

Xenoflare

Mhmm..... with the game coming within a month, it got me thinking again....

Heavy plot related spoilers.

What was the point of
Conquest if the only thing you did was to make Garon sit on a chair to prove that he's a demon, you didn't conquer any lands of Hoshido besides killing Ryoma and Takumi.

Weebos

Banned
Finally got around to picking up a copy of Radiant Dawn. I owned one back in the day, I must have traded it in at some point.

I never actually beat it though, so I am looking to rectify that.

How much did you find it for?

Also this might be cheating but with transfer bonuses Ike seems ridiculous so far, capped strength and skill means every BEXP gives him speed. Mia is benefitting too but in not as immediate ways, I imagine she'll take a bit before I can start BEXP'ing her to glory.

Yes I got PoR Mia to 20/20 I like fem myrms don't judge me >.>

CazTGG

Finally got around to picking up a copy of Radiant Dawn. I owned one back in the day, I must have traded it in at some point.

I never actually beat it though, so I am looking to rectify that.

Just a heads-up: You'll want to invest as much bonus exp. to Micaiah as possible before Part 1: Chapter 9 aka "One Survives".

Also this might be cheating but with transfer bonuses Ike seems ridiculous so far, capped strength and skill means every BEXP gives him speed. Mia is benefitting too but in not as immediate ways, I imagine she'll take a bit before I can start BEXP'ing her to glory.

oh that's great you have RD Mia starting with max speed :p

Chrom

Question about Fire Emblem Fates.

In Fire Emblem Awakening, it's possible to fast forward through battle scenarios by holding down the A button. However, there is no way to lock it to this speed, you always have to hold down the A button. Does Fire Emblem Fates function the same way, or did they add a setting to let you speed through fights without holding down the A button? Not talking about the game speed on the map.

Seda

who would have expected a thread based off on shoddy translations and sensational news reporting to blow up like that
/s

As I said early in the thread (like 700 posts ago, don't feel much like touching it now), they likely just will slightly rewrite the support conversation in a way that doesn't conjure up imagery of drink spiking, keeping Soleil's silly characterization intact.

"removal" is a poor word choice by NWR.

NoA changes thread number #20 blows up into a huge mess. Glad I dodge those threads now
threads like that always make me getting headache trying to read & understand non-drive by posts

In Fire Emblem Awakening, it's possible to fast forward through battle scenarios by holding down the A button. However, there is no way to lock it to this speed, you always have to hold down the A button. Does Fire Emblem Fates function the same way, or did they add a setting to let you speed through fights without holding down the A button? Not talking about the game speed on the map.

can't remember, but i think you still need to hold down the button... probably someone else can check it since i don't have my 3ds with me atm

Fire Emblem: Starting fires since 2012.

Will probably be a slight re-write as Seda said. Betting one Internet dollar it involves cross-dressing. Kamui still looks like a girl, conversation is preserved sans unintentional allusions that weren't really a core part of the conversation, gaming is saved.

I...don't believe so, skimming through the options. Don't quote me on that.

Fire Emblem: Starting fires since 2012.

Will probably be a slight re-write as Seda said. Betting one Internet dollar it involves cross-dressing. Kamui still looks like a girl, conversation is preserved sans unintentional allusions that weren't really a core part of the conversation, gaming is saved.

Haha, nobody cared (or knew) back in 2005 when Garcia and Dozla's C support conversation involving drinking got completely rewritten.

Or in 2007 when the chapter dialogue from Radiant Dawn used the "simpler" version with 10 to 20% less dialogue. This time, you actually lost interesting tidbits (like Elincia's more in-depth interrogation of Ludveck)!

Draxal

I mean I just don't understand how it lasted so long, she's a joke character whose joke backfired. It's not like she's anywhere near critical to the game, she can be removed and no one would notice.

I mean I just don't understand how it lasted so long, she's a joke character whose joke backfired. It's not like she's anywhere near critical to the game, she can be removed and no one would notice.

people just wanna be outraged over something
anything
no matter how small it is

Weebos

Banned

It was $70, which seems like the going price these days.

I don't think I will have my PoR bonuses because I'm playing on Wii U, but I did find my old RD file, so maybe I'll continue from there.

Just a heads-up: You'll want to invest as much bonus exp. to Micaiah as possible before Part 1: Chapter 9 aka "One Survives".

Thanks for the tip, I will do just that.

L95

Or in 2007 when the chapter dialogue from Radiant Dawn used the "simpler" version with 10 to 20% less dialogue. This time, you actually lost interesting tidbits (like Elincia's more in-depth interrogation of Ludveck)!

<.< I care about RD not getting the extended script tho

Busaiku

I don't have a problem with the changes to characters.
The names are already different, they can completely rewrite characters, and I'd be ok with it.
At least we're getting something for something.

If they took out face touching and we got nothing for it, then I'd be angry.
Though I'd probably be angry if they took out face touching and still gave us something.

I just wanna touch faces.

Golnei

That's not really that bad. It's debatable whether it was the best anagram to choose, but at least it sounds more or less like a name.

Busaiku

Syalla =
Rhajat

hidden in siliconera's article at the latest outrage

lol

So...
Nwiao, Ongii, Aerevs?
&#8220;Making changes is not unusual when we localize games, and we have indeed made changes in these games. When we localize a game we do so in order to make it appropriate for that particular territory. All our choices were made from that point of view.&#8221;
Face touching gone.

Top Bottom