• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Lunar15

Spoiler it if you must, but is the lack of shoes on characters ever explained ? Is that like a metaphor???

Are they mocking the whole "no feet" thing from Awakening?

Draxal

Spoiler it if you must, but is the lack of shoes on characters ever explained ? Is that like a metaphor???

Are they mocking the whole "no feet" thing from Awakening?

I just thought it was a manakete thing, and Yeah I know all manakete had shoes in the past.

He's unusable in revelation hard. I can't imagine how bad he was in lunatic.

Was he still usable in Conquest, because he doesn't look that hard to use?

Also, is Odin really that bad of a Dark Mage, because I'm not one who likes to keep characters out of their default class line unless it's to unlock more skills?

He joins much later in Rev compared to Conquest.

I found his stats, and now I question why IS made his starter stats in Revelaitons that bad considering that point in the story. Though he doesn't look that bad in Conquest itself since he's available earlier, but then I question why use him since you get Nyx in the chapter right after who looks better imo.

Draxal

Also, is Odin really that bad of a Dark Mage, because I'm not one who likes to keep characters out of their default class line unless it's to unlock more skills?

He joins much later in Rev compared to Conquest.

but you'll want to get him to wear some clothes though
But it wouldn't match his portrait. :C

He has custom colors for his 2nd class line too, surprisingly.
Yeah, nice touch.

Same, it's just an irrational necessity for me.

Gestahl

He's unusable in revelation hard. I can't imagine how bad he was in lunatic.

Being unusable in the third route isn't that big of a black mark when over half the cast is unusable there. Rinkah and Sakura's retainer Kazahana (???) deal zero damage when they join and most of the non-royals on Nohr just get fucked in general. On lunatic

I found his stats, and now I question why IS made his starter stats in Revelaitons that bad considering that point in the story. Though he doesn't look that bad in Conquest itself since he's available earlier, but then I question why use him since you get Nyx in the chapter right after who looks better imo

Nyx has fuck all for skill and defense which makes actually hitting things a pain when she has to rub up right next to things that can one shot her, dark mages in general as a class aren't all that great outside of Leo(n) who starts promoted

Being unusable in the third route isn't that big of a black mark when over half the cast is unusable there. Rinkah and Sakura's retainer Kazahana (???) deal zero damage when they join and most of the non-royals on Nohr just get fucked in general. On lunatic

Well then, here's hoping that Treehouse will rebalance the game a little to improve stuff.

Seeing that a good number of units in Revelations being useless is giving me bad memories of the Binding Blade and Radiant Dawn.

How's replayability like for Revelation and Conquest? I'll probably end up favouring one over the other and replay that more often. For those who have played them, which would you say is more fun to master? For context, I find FE7's HNM about right for my skill level, whereas HHM can get a bit too unforgiving for me.

Andrew J.

Nyx has fuck all for skill and defense which makes actually hitting things a pain when she has to rub up right next to things that can one shot her, dark mages in general as a class aren't all that great outside of Leo(n) who starts promoted

I bet anyone can be made usable if you cheese it with the experience DLC map. But who would do that, right!? Certainly not me!!

AHAHA! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Xenoflare

That all the Nohrians join super late.

Apparently Silas's Revelation base is crazy high despite of the fact that he's underleveled.

it's weird that some characters are actually better in revelation

tsukiyomi yomi hayato is actually usable there instead of being garbage in birthright

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question, but I have to do it anyways. You're supposed to make a choice in game for which side you choose right? But if you bought Conquest or Birthright doesn't that mean that you already chose Nohr or Hoshido already? Or do you have to make a choice no matter what version you bought?

Xenoflare

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question, but I have to do it anyways. You're supposed to make a choice in game for which side you choose right? But if you bought Conquest or Birthright doesn't that mean that you already chose Nohr or Hoshido already? Or do you have to make a choice no matter what version you bought?

That's the joke.

You vote with your wallet.

The only time you actually make a decision is when you buy the digital version, it downloads the first 6 chapters+all the game assets and then download the key data for the path of your choice after the decision, while locking the other route to DLC. Or of course you will have a choice when you bought the DLC routes

It's a meta choice. As mentioned above, you make your choice at the game store (the devs even joke about this).

Which is kinda silly since you (may) know nothing about the characters.

kswiston

Well then, here's hoping that Treehouse will rebalance the game a little to improve stuff.

Seeing that a good number of units in Revelations being useless is giving me bad memories of the Binding Blade and Radiant Dawn.

I don't remember there being too many completely useless characters in Radiant Dawn on the Beorc side (other than Meg). The Laguz side was full of filler, especially since the Royalty of each race is way stronger than the regular units (and Laguz suck in general).

I don't remember there being too many completely useless characters in Radiant Dawn on the Beorc side (other than Meg). The Laguz side was full of filler, especially since the Royalty of each race is way stronger than the regular units (and Laguz suck in general).

The thing about split parts in Radiant Dawn was that it made almost everyone have at least some use, even Meg and Fiona have minor utility (lol Kyza and Lyre though).

You realize Radiant Dawn isn't really that bad once you see New Mystery's units. The game in general is horribly balanced between units, even by Fire Emblem standards. Once you get the Sable Knights, the vast majority of units that come afterwards are completely useless with the exceptions able to be counted with one hand. Even before that though you're handed a good chunk of units you're never going to use.

You realize Radiant Dawn isn't really that bad once you see New Mystery's units. The game in general is horribly balanced between units, even by Fire Emblem standards. Once you get the Sable Knights, the vast majority of units that come afterwards are completely useless with the exceptions able to be counted with one hand. Even before that though you're handed a good chunk of units you're never going to use.

That's what happens when you don't balance your stats for the highest difficulty :p

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Did anyone here preorder the SE from Best Buy? Has your release date updated yet? The release date is correct on the OOS listing, but not on my preorder. Just a little worried, as Best Buy has lost my preorder once before.

L95

How much space did dual audio add to Awakening? (comparing NA version to Japanese version)

I tried to look up the Japanese game size, and for the love of everything I can't find it :l Apparently you can't check the size on the eshop unless you have enough funds, too, so I couldn't even check using my Japanese 3DS. I also didn't see the filesize on Kakusei's website listed anywhere either??? (though I only skimmed, it didn't seem to be in the product info page)

My google-fu is weak, maybe someone else can find the japanese file size
<.<

L95

Kakusei is 9779 blocks, which is around 1.22GB
you can check every jp game download size on nintendo site

So... the US version... is... smaller. Huh. US Awakening is 8579. Perhaps smaller because they cut out a couple of voice options from the character creation(but having all the other Japanese voices would make up for that...) idk

So... the US version... is... smaller. Huh. US Awakening is 8579. Perhaps smaller because they cut out a couple of voice options from the character creation(but having all the other Japanese voices would make up for that...) idk

the removed script sure saves a lot of spaces lol

Careful analysis has revealed that the phrase 'onii-sama' does not in fact appear in the "localised" English script. I fully expect this shocking instance of censorship to generate several threads of discussion.

you neglected to mention, instead it was replaced with oni-sam to save space and prevent people not being able to pronounce it

removing the muted Robin option supposedly takes out an entire rewrite of the script so maybe that
dunno how it's even handled in the first place

Gestahl

That's what happens when you don't balance your stats for the highest difficulty :p

That's what happens when you don't rebalance your characters after raising the stat caps from 20 to 30-35. Like I'm pretty sure they took out weapon level and left everything else the same

That's what happens when you don't rebalance your characters after raising the stat caps from 20 to 30-35. Like I'm pretty sure they took out weapon level and left everything else the same

First of all, non-HP caps are 30 at most in FE12 for player units.

Second of all, they actually did give most units some buffs to their bases from FE3, it's just so minimal nobody even notices on Lunatic because they're still shit.

Gestahl

First of all, non-HP caps are 30 at most in FE12 for player units.

Weird, it's like I obviously didn't remember and was just spitballing it

Navarre had the same stats on the wiki so I assumed it would be the same for most characters. But looking at it they definitely half-assed the rebalancing regardless. Like Abel's mostly the same except for a few hp, 2 luck, and negative 10(???) resistance, which you know is terrible considering he joins in Chapter 15. Not so much in the original because of the lower caps and the extra 10 (is this wiki even accurate???) resistance

Weird, it's like I obviously didn't remember and was just spitballing it

Navarre had the same stats on the wiki so I assumed it would be the same for most characters. But looking at it they definitely half-assed the rebalancing regardless. Like Abel's mostly the same except for a few hp, 2 luck, and negative 10(???) resistance, which you know is terrible considering he joins in Chapter 15. Not so much in the original because of the lower caps and the extra 10 (is this wiki even accurate???) resistance

looking at serenes forest,
Abel has 4 more HP and 2 more luck in FE12 compared to book 2 of FE3, everything's else the same
maybe the wiki copied his base res which is 0 before the paladin's base 6 res gets added in

The Japanese version did have a fourth voice for the avatar in addition to mute Robin. Both likely got cut here for budgetary reasons and reduce memory.

NeonZ

There are minor differences in Kamui's script based on their voice but it's nothing too major, just the usual atashi/watashi stuff and what kind of flavour of honorifics goes with what style.

Some bits of dialogue are actually reworded to fit the general tone of each voice too sometimes, although a lot of the text is basically identical aside from the 1st person pronouns and honorifics.

I guess this means we're once again only getting one script for each Kamui gender in the localized version? I haven't found any videos with the character creation officially translated into English though.

CazTGG

Radiant Dawn's main issue, among many others, it's that it gives you far too many units (most of which are barely characterized and what few that are happen to be Micia-I mean insufferable) over a bloated campaign where most of the earlier characters you utilize become either useless or outclassed by ones introduced later on (unless you manipulate certain bosses like I did during a recent playthrough because I remembered how much of a pain in the arse the Dawn Brigade's chapters were in Part III, Laura was close to being a Saint by the end of Part I), even with the use of bonus experience and exclusive weapons for three of them.

Also: Locking out certain conversations and characters (See: Pelleas, Lekhain and who Ashnard's real son is even though it was fairly obvious) while butchering the support system.

I wonder how many of the complaints about Radiant Dawn's balance are by people who avoid prepromotes like the plague and so disliked how most tier 1 characters had little longterm usefulness. Like, are the people mad about this mad okay with dropping characters they've been using up to a certain point because they've dropped off?

In my playthrough so far I've actually felt like class balance is much stronger than usual so far, with the exception of wyverns being more OP than normal and mages sucking a lot there's much less paladin dominance and a lot of the foot classes seem much stronger than usual. Even archers and armors are better than usual, though still not great.

Oh, and the fact that it's harder than the other games that came out in the west before it balance issues are more noticeable. The game between Haar and Fiona is probably not that different from Seth and Ewan, but Sacred Stones is easy enough it won't punish bad characters as much.

Top Bottom