• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Lunar15

The script in general looks amusing

Seems like they added a ton of personality to it

Bad names and missing content aside, I'm actually pretty excited for Treehouse's localization. I love me some 8-4, don't get me wrong, but Treehouse usually brings some good stuff. They've been a bit meme-y of late, though, so hopefully they can get around that.

The name stuff is genuinely puzzling, though.

Those threads are something. Any more news and people are gonna lose it

Poor Fire Emblem, welcome to popularity.

There's an alternate universe out there where the series had an awesome game on mars but then immediately died as a franchise.

Regarding the rumors of even heavier changes to the 5 language NOE version of Fates.

Some posters were suggesting that the face touching game would make it into the EU version since they didnt censor Awakening.
Clearly those guys don't remember that one Tharja DLC conversation that was censored in the EU version.
I wonder if the controversy is going to help or hinder sales.
Spoilers: neither

Golnei

b-but what about that certain volleyball game :v

The utilisation of the touch screen might help a little in shifting Vita copies of DOAX3, but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference - it's a fairly small and gimmicky implementation, and probably won't make up for the majority of the physics innovations that justify the game's existence being severely toned down compared to the console version.

It won't sell because most people don't know about it. And people are now buying the game without the mini game, crossing out those who are not anymore.

Gaf really isn't a indicator for such things anyways.

pahamrick

It won't sell because most people don't know about it. And people are now buying the game without the mini game, crossing out those who are not anymore.

Gaf really isn't a indicator for such things anyways.

I meant mainly in the form of "controversy sells", in regards to some of the other news outlets reporting on the removal of the support conversation and petting mini-game.

Haha did someone really try to fake the EU version removing same-sex marriage?

and people bought it too for a while, despite the incredibly hilarious timing

Oh so that's who Odin's great-great-great-great-grandfather is
odin will never have that much speed

I wanted to prove you wrong, but all my suppressed memories came flooding back after I took this picture.
g7xOqgq.jpg

Mind you, he's Lv. 14, but I ain't got much hope. >.>
Please spare America from this, NoA.

Sooo guys I've been wanting to play Fire Emblem 12.
It's the DS region free? I watch a couple videos of it and it looks more fun then Shadow Dragon. but I'm a bit worried about the Japanese, it's the game cryptic or you can pretty much just figure things out?

Lunar15

Haha did someone really try to fake the EU version removing same-sex marriage?

and people bought it too for a while, despite the incredibly hilarious timing

The story around this game is becoming more interesting than the game's actual story. Which isn't actually saying much.

The story around this game is becoming more interesting than the game's actual story. Which isn't actually saying much.
Fates can't catch a break lol.

Maybe the story will be better localized. Well at least have the characters be good, their always more appealing then the story.

Sooo guys I've been wanting to play Fire Emblem 12.
It's the DS region free? I watch a couple videos of it and it looks more fun then Shadow Dragon. but I'm a bit worried about the Japanese, it's the game cryptic or you can pretty much just figure things out?

The DS is region free. The story is easy enough to follow without any knowledge of Japanese. There's also a very well done fan translation as well that you could use but that's something I won't go into too much detail here.

I can't beleive I didn't think of Usagi for Gaius (just saw it on SF).

he'll be a champion of justice
on behalf of the moon,he'll will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you!

suddenly the name's more fun than sugai

but it'll probably be something like aigus
can't have these kids with a japanese-sounding name here!

The DS is region free. The story is easy enough to follow without any knowledge of Japanese. There's also a very well done fan translation as well that you could use but that's something I won't go into too much detail here.

Cool that its region free. 30 bucks for a copy isn't so bad, I can always just read on the story later.

Gambit

There's an alternate universe out there where the series had an awesome game on mars but then immediately died as a franchise.

they should just make that the new Advance Wars title instead and call it Mars Wars.

At least revive their other series with the idea

I wanted to prove you wrong, but all my suppressed memories came flooding back after I took this picture.

on the contrary, I'd rather Odin remain meme-level bad than just be another mediocre unit (at least in Revelation, whatever in Conquest)
lol

on the contrary, I'd rather Odin remain meme-level bad than just be another mediocre unit (at least in Revelation, whatever in Conquest)

if being downright terrible didn't hurt his popularity, nothing will!

and not like there isn't other terrible units in Revelation that could be the worst now

Draxal

Just received the Comiket Cipher Box set (the one with Kozaki's marth and not the Sprites).

It's so PURTY (not really).

Draxal

I kinda want to make a thread in OT on how about how bad Gamexplain is at Fire Emblem.

A shame we'll never get them over here in English. I'd love it if Nintendo made a video game of Fire Emblem Cipher for the west.

Yeah, I think it's really doubtful that we'd get it. The japanese CCG market is so different compared to the States.

Speaking of DLC do we now if you have to pay for it on each version? Like, will you have to buy Map Pack 1 for Birthright AND Conquest or just buying it once will unlock it on both versions?

Gestahl

Leaving Odin in his base class is ironically the worst possible thing you can do for him. Needs a dose of Dread Fighter or Samurai asap

Since I never actually answered my own question several pages back, I'm doing my first playthrough on Lunatic/Classic.

but for Birthright cause I'm not going in that hard

How does Birthright Lunatic compare to other FE difficulties? I've never beaten 13L but I have beaten 5 and 6HM, would doing it blind be manageable at my level? I'll start the others on Hard but I'm not sure if Hard should be the default for all of them.

Also still can't decide which route I'm doing first >.>

Gestahl

How does Birthright Lunatic compare to other FE difficulties? I've never beaten 13L but I have beaten 5 and 6HM, would doing it blind be manageable at my level? I'll start the others on Hard but I'm not sure if Hard should be the default for all of them.

Also still can't decide which route I'm doing first >.>

Lunatic Hoshido is fairly manageable early on and outright braindead during some middle chapters but then Ch 23 happens and the game decides to start throwing dozens of mounted and flying promoted reinforcements at you constantly, it gets kind of tedious. Not tedious enough to warrant making the other 80% of the game even more tepid by knocking it down to hard though

Weebos

Banned
Since I never actually answered my own question several pages back, I'm doing my first playthrough on Lunatic/Classic.

but for Birthright cause I'm not going in that hard

I am playing Hard first for both paths, but I could be persuaded to try Lunatic first for Birthright if it isn't as silly as Awakening's early Lunatic chapters are.

Gestahl

Is Odin actually unusable? :( Will I hate using him in Nohr?

You need to get him out of dark mage asap, his growths are more suited towards a physical class. My Swordmaster Odin at the end was one of my best damage dealers and had high HP and moderate defenses against both physical and magic. It doesn't hurt that his unique skill (+10 crit on any forged weapon with a nickname that maxes the character limit and is comprised entirely of Kanji, imagine a sword's name in all caps) paired with a killing edge gives something ridiculous like 50 crit.

Draxal

You need to get him out of dark mage asap, his growths are more suited towards a physical class. My Swordmaster Odin at the end was one of my best damage dealers and had high HP and moderate defenses against both physical and magic. It doesn't hurt that his unique skill (+10 crit on any forged weapon with a nickname that maxes the character limit and is comprised entirely of Kanji, imagine a sword's name in all caps) paired with a killing edge gives something ridiculous like 50 crit.

He's unusable in revelation hard. I can't imagine how bad he was in lunatic.

Cipher Swag Picture.

Damn, didn't want to reclass anyone.

Top Bottom