• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

NeonZ

So does this have more VA than Awakening?
I guess a lot of it was with the face touching, but how about without that?

I think removing the face touching it actually has less voiced segments than Awakening, since there are no VA samples for the supports. I haven't looked at the actual files though, so maybe the story has more unique quotes, but it didn't feel like it.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
http://ign.com/articles/2016/01/29/...nal-fantasy-explorers-and-fire-emblem-changes

Starts at 55 minute mark.

So you do get the stat bonuses, for sure. I agree with Peer (I think it's Peer on the left) in that I still want the stat benefits, etc. Most of the voice acting in the game was actually part of the minigame mode so yeah there's a loss here. Hopefully it's not just fade to black as Jose seemed to about to say. It'd be a shame to lose those Live2D models.

They talk about the other changes too which I couldn't care less about frankly... I just don't want less content, all of My Castle looked really fun, including stuff like switching from grid down to the third person over the shoulder viewing mode.

I think removing the face touching it actually has less voiced segments than Awakening, since there are no VA samples for the supports. I haven't looked at the actual files though, so maybe the story has more unique quotes, but it didn't feel like it.

Yeah, this kind of stuff :(

dude you realize the support bonuses you get from that are so minimal (not to mention only helps with Corrin)?

any items locked behind it can of course be redistributed but those hardly matter either

Pancake Mix

dude you realize the support bonuses you get from that are so minimal (not to mention only helps with Corrin)?

any items locked behind it can of course be redistributed but those hardly matter either

Yeah, yeah, I figured. Still.

Dude, it is 100 percent confirmed the room still exists so there's no need to redistribute anything actually, which was a potential problem depending on how they did it. There's zero grinding in Conquest and the balance is tight. Them messing that up is not a problem anymore.

Too be fair a large chunk of that dialogue is variants of

Yeah, not the hill I would die on or something I would really use that's for sure. The Live2D assets and animations were nice though. Hopefully the next Fire Emblem has the effort put into animated supports instead. As it stands it's a bit of My Castle gone.

Yeah, yeah, I figured. Still.

Dude, it is 100 percent confirmed the room still exists so there's no need to redistribute anything actually, which was a potential problem depending on how they did it. There's zero grinding in Conquest and the balance is tight. That's not a problem anymore.

...you do realize you can still do castle battles in Conquest to grind supports right? it's also way more efficient and allows you to grind non-Corrin supports

Pancake Mix

...you do realize you can still do castle battles in Conquest to grind supports right? it's also way more efficient and allows you to grind non-Corrin supports

Yes, but I'd rather not grind My Castle battles for 0 exp if I only care about doing a few pairings, including Corrin's. My Room still being there helps a bit with Corrin's.

Yes, but I'd rather not grind My Castle battles for 0 exp if I only care about doing a few pairings, including Corrin's. My Room still being there helps a bit with Corrin's.

I don't think you understand how inefficient it is to attempt and grind supports via My Room.

like you can have fun waiting a full day or more to grind a single rank of support if you really want to, but I don't know why anyone would want to do this to themselves

Pancake Mix

I don't think you understand how inefficient it is to attempt and grind supports via My Room.

like you can have fun waiting a full day or more to grind a single rank of support if you really want to, but I don't know why anyone would want to do this to themselves

It really doesn't help, it's such a minute gain there.
Thanks you both for the info, may your victories in battle be plentiful.

Javier

All I hope is that the 2D models made for My Room are still accessible. They look great and it would suck if they go to waste in the western releases.

Pancake Mix

honestly, just grab ripped live2d assets from the internet if you really want to play with those live2d stuff so much lol
All I hope is that the 2D models made for My Room are still accessible. They look great and it would suck if they go to waste in the western releases.
those stuff are still used for confession scenes, so not that really wasted much

honestly, just grab ripped live2d assets from the internet if you really want to play with those live2d stuff so much lol

those stuff are still used for confession scenes, so not that really wasted much

The problem is that you can't interact with them in the confessions. I don't care much for the minigame but I would like to have the ability to interact with them at least.

Golnei

Which also gives you the benefit of being able to use edited assets more easily, as opposed to the more involved process of reinserting them into the game.

King Fost

Neo Member
The models really aren't that great anyway. They're ok in stillshots, but when they actually move, they jiggle and fidget constantly and the animations are not very smooth, so they look either robotic or drunk.

I do think the localization looks to be worse than the japanese version, but that's mainly because there are glitches and flaws so far that either don't exist or happen really rarely in the japanese cart. Stuff like model pop-in and slowdown when combat starts are pretty clear indications of that. Really, if we do lose skinship, we're probably getting fucked by Nintendo being too cheap to bother than out of some moral outrage or whatever.

L95

The models really aren't that great anyway. They're ok in stillshots, but when they actually move, they jiggle and fidget constantly and the animations are not very smooth, so they look either robotic or drunk.

I do think the localization looks to be worse than the japanese version, but that's mainly because there are glitches and flaws so far that either don't exist or happen really rarely in the japanese cart. Stuff like model pop-in and slowdown when combat starts are pretty clear indications of that. Really, if we do lose skinship, we're probably getting fucked by Nintendo being too cheap to bother than out of some moral outrage or whatever.

Model pop in is actually really prevalent int he Japanese version too, though. Especially with paired up units.

The problem is that you can't interact with them in the confessions. I don't care much for the minigame but I would like to have the ability to interact with them at least.

interaction during the minigame is bare minimum imho. doing it ends up a chore for me since i just want to clear that annoying exclamation marks on my castle

alvis.exe

We should bring back FE 7 way of grinding supports. Then everyone will understand why the 3DS FE Supports grinding are way better.

Hahaha I had that down to a science.

Drew out support grinding runs and everything to get the most amount of supports in the least amount of turns/chapters. Did the final chapter so many times with the same exact set of moves I could predict what would happen every turn.

Didn't even bother with FE9 lol.

Chrom

Btw, Chrom.

We probably need to update the op with you know Fates coming out in a month in the states/Hat//and down below.

I'd just point out to http://worldofcipher.com/ as Aubergine does a good job of curating it (he does the translating of the tweets), for the cipher mention and a couple of pics of anybody but Chrom.

Updated! It was really overdue, haha.

Chrom

Has anyone else noticed that Nintendo actually changed the status of the official Fire Emblem if My Castle introduction video on YouTube from public to private?

Original link

For those curious, here's an upload of it with English translations (same original link is in the description).

Now I can sleep easy at night.

n8l5z0O.jpg

Draxal

Which are peanuts, fortunately XD

Actually I have the Series 2 N, but I've yet to invest in a Series 3 box. I got some Series 3 freebies from TCG Republic where I bought two of the Sakura cards, but the closest thing was Elise.

There's also the Main Character Marker Sakura card that you have to get but that doesn't seem to be that expensive either (all the other markers are kinda cheap don't think she's out yet though).

Just be glad Sakura's kinda garbage unlike Elincia or Elise in the card game, and looking at the price of the Azura cards from the Fes ... they're by far the most expensive in the game so far.

Should post your swag in the SF board, need to give you tcg section a little life.

There's also the Main Character Marker Sakura card that you have to get but that doesn't seem to be that expensive either (all the other markers are kinda cheap don't think she's out yet though).

Just be glad Sakura's kinda garbage unlike Elincia or Elise in the card game, and looking at the price of the Azura cards from the Fes ... they're by far the most expensive in the game so far.

Should post your swag in the SF board, need to give you tcg section a little life.

hah so it's like ingame!
ignore Revelation for the moment, PoR too for that matter

Draxal

That's the best damn Micaiah art I've ever seen

I want to say it's a kita piece, her new Por/RD art is blowing away her old versions of the chars. Her Ikes and Soren's were amazing.

More Set 4 stuff (those two other pieces were from 5).

Marth is going to take the lead back, and I"m really surprised Ogma's getting more cards. Ogma's my fav archetype so I'm happy though.

Top Bottom