• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

(*´﹃`*)

WYMjVWs.jpg

DdytYRV.jpg

Matoi/Tiamo + Ophelia runner ups.

I'm really scared.

I picked Matoi/Caeldori in my Hoshido playthrough, and was going to pick Ophelia in my Nohr playthrough

Shun

Would it be possible for someone to compile the western name changes for me? My hands are full and it is going to be hard for me to break habit and keep the changes in mind.

Also quick editing in the 2-3 weeks from now would be much appreciated as well.

Shun

Also too busy to go do full character summaries and jokes so this time around I will just link to the website.

I'm going to need to reserve 1 or 2 posts after the OP for anything extra added.

Draxal

Also too busy to go do full character summaries and jokes so this time around I will just link to the website.

I'm going to need to reserve 1 or 2 posts after the OP for anything extra added.

AveynKnight demands 400 pictures of Sakura in the OP.

Looking over name changes now to see which ones I've missed.

wait when did Nishiki become Kaden wuuut

Crimson->Scarlet I think is pretty good

I'm going to have a hard time taking anyone named Benny seriously.

I already knew about Mozu but it's still the dumbest lol.

Most of cutting the long vowel romanizations works fine but lol at Fuuga->Fuga, I hope I have some friends making hilarious pronunciations of that.

I'm deciding what version to get...so simple question, what makes Conquest harder than Birthright?

Conquest is more like classic Fire Emblem. No World Map, harder to grind, permadeath that I dont think you can turn off.

Birthright is like Sacred Stones and Awakening.

hmm so I see you can boost your party's stats with the Restaurant and you can mostly control what you get too

well that sure is convenient!

Xenoflare

I suddenly just remembered about Ghost Recon Shadow Wars.

It's like Xcom and Fire Emblem meshed together with a really small budget.

Unit death=game over

Gestahl

I'm deciding what version to get...so simple question, what makes Conquest harder than Birthright?

Conquest has more varied objectives and maps, and has enemies with comparable stats to your army and skills to boot (sometimes exclusive ball-busting skills like those fucking ninjas and there's one other off the top of my head that makes it so enemy staff users can use their bullshit staves infinitely). There's lower enemy density in the later chapters compared to Hoshido and thank god for that. I can't imagine six Nohr tier promoted mounts spawning every turn

Chrom

hmm so I see you can boost your party's stats with the Restaurant and you can mostly control what you get too

well that sure is convenient!

This doesn't have to do with anything, but... Prodigy, it's February. Why does Elma still rock a Santa hat? I just want to know.

Xenoflare

How expensive is weapon forging in Fates? I figured that a thoroughly pampered iron weapon would be the most ideal weapon due to the lack of penalties

GSR

How expensive is weapon forging in Fates? I figured that a thoroughly pampered iron weapon would be the most ideal weapon due to the lack of penalties

It's a lot more limited now. Instead of just picking a weapon and jacking up the stats how you please in exchange for gold, you have to combine two of the same weapon and use a a few gemstones (items you get from your castle/other people's castles/random pickup skills/lottery/etc.) and there are set boosts. Then to further improve that weapon you would need to combine it with another already-improved weapon and pay more gemstones, and so on.

Gestahl

It's as expensive as the weapons you're forging since the forging itself doesn't cost anything aside from the weapons themselves. But everytime you up one you need another at the same level to increase it again.

So 2 iron turn into one +1 iron, then two +1 iron into a +2, and so on

And yeah you need my castle material but you can get shit real easily

Wait so how quick is it to farm resources for forging? (and for cooking stuff I suppose)

also if you're fast enough you can just eat the steel penalty (mainly for Birthright cause lol slow enemies)

Gestahl

Wait so how quick is it to farm resources for forging? (and for cooking stuff I suppose)

also if you're fast enough you can just eat the steel penalty (mainly for Birthright cause lol slow enemies)

You get it from your own resources and arena betting, but the easiest way is visiting other Castles online and getting their handouts too. You can also exchange material at the forge for other material at a loss (think 5 or 10 emeralds for a ruby you need)

Really the most resource intensive part of my castle is the accessory shop, the prices in there are pretty steep for shit like clip on tails and speedos

oh yeah, got the two fe cipher artbooks today

yep, they are pretty thin
the art definitely looks nice but it's only a small number for two sets of cards
what stings more is that they included all the cards in the two sets just as small images instead so what a tease
maybe once they make enough money off these, they'll release a full fledged artbook

I also got the christmas camilla card so that's cool

Shun

I'm amazed that existed.

After seeing the doujin, both all ages and 18+, done for Fire Emblem over the past 15+ years no one should ever be amazed or surprised anything exists. There is art for everything.

eh we're posting best character etc? should I post mine? ͜ʖ ͡°

Probably lucina eleonora

rF2XM6t.png

Yashiro and Kiria should be mainstay characters they are attractive as hell.

I'm playing Rekka no Ken and my word...the last stage seems impossible. Like, the very first enemies (the archers) chew through my level 20s in one attack like it's nothing.

Gestahl

I'm playing Rekka no Ken and my word...the last stage seems impossible. Like, the very first enemies (the archers) chew through my level 20s in one attack like it's nothing.

They're archers so...don't let them do that??? That chapter's all about clearing the rooms before you get overwhelmed by boss characters.

I agree Uhai is a monster if you let him do his thing though

They're archers so...don't let them do that??? That chapter's all about clearing the rooms before you get overwhelmed by boss characters.

I agree Uhai is a monster if you let him do his thing though

Well, that's just it - I don't have a choice. If I pen Uhai in with a tank, he chops through them in one go. Even if I attack from range I can't get enough attacks in during the first round to take him down, due to how the game positions my characters (and doesn't let me reposition them before the stage starts) - I can only get about 2 real shots in. If I hang back, he has enough range to get wherever he wants.

I plowed through chapter 30 like it was nothing, but I can't see how I can take down Uhal without sacrificing a character or two...which doesn't bode well for all the other bosses in this stage.

Part of this is probably my fault - I leaned on my magic users too much during the late game, so now my general is only level 5. Still, Uhai takes down my level 20 paladin in one turn.

Firemind

Use Nils and Athos with Luna? I mean, you're even forced to take them with you.

Also I'm pretty sure you can change the positions of your units.

Use Nils and Athos with Luna? I mean, you're even forced to take them with you.

Also I'm pretty sure you can change the positions of your units.

He was just far enough away that I couldn't get two shots in during the first turn. If you try to view the map before the fight, it tells you the place is obscured by darkness, so you can't go to that screen to reposition troops.

Fortunately, Uhai turned out to be vulnerable to sleep, so I was able to knock him out and take him down. *phew* Only like 8 more bosses to go...

Top Bottom