• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

I really love IntSys too and the series was my first RPG on SFC but the output has not been the same in recent years where as Atlus is mostly consistent or has been improving year after year. I can't really say the same for IntSys trajectory from their Super Famicom years to present day.

IntSys can do tactics well they have a lot of great games, do they do it well consistently? No they don't.

Franchise mismanagement, budget mismanagement, release mismanagement, advertising. It goes on and on and being a fan and seeing their output fluctuate can be frustrating. From not even being able to play Advance Wars games and having to get a English one to the varying quality output for Fire Emblem it is frustrating.

I am glad that some of the issues are being worked on in the present day compared to past titles but there are still a lot of issues that IntSys has to clean out in terms of consistency.

I love that they are trying new things. They just need to do them and execute them better with more polish.

More members should be posting their final impressions soon, so check out the OT if you have not already. The game itself is more SMT than Persona and it streamlines the supports and it isn't a drag unlike social links. complaint would be that you wish there were more supports in the game.

I think the perception of idol is kind of misconstrued and it gets a negative connotation when discussed. There really is only one, maybe two idols at most in the game. The rest are professionals in their own fields, singing and acting just happens to be an overlap and it is an overlap for several people in that profession. People like Ice Cube and Miley Cyrus have jump started different careers from their former profession. Idols are no different, especially when they graduate from their group and move on to different projects.

A good analogy would be comparing an idol career and their later success to a child actor and their career as an adult. It's very different and their attitudes towards it can be very different.

I think you give Atlus too much credit, they've release some disappointing games these last couple years ( their not bad, but could've been better), also they kinda screw europe over sometimes.
Like i said tho, personal peference, Looking forward to SMT Final (thats what its called right?)

Draxal

Speaking of #FE

AhYWg5L.png

Previews for set 4 started. Getting 4 starter sets again this time again.

What's a level from another game I can compare it to?

like Bonen no Max'd said, Battle Before Dawn is probably the Fire Emblem map that's closest to it, but by the time that chapter rolls around in FE7 you should have a lot more juggernauts so it's not as bad

(really though just tell people to spam Camilla on normal mode if they have to, chances are if you're starting on hard or lunatic you already know how to handle it)

Draxal

So Birthright is number one selling 3ds game on Amazon and Conquest is nowhere to be found

on the hourly, in the other metric birthright first conquest second

Rutger

Banned
The galorious return of defense chapters.

Hoping for survive chapters.

Honestly, I find defense maps are rarely interesting unless we are able to finish them early by defeating the boss.

Hopefully these defense maps give me some reasons to expand out from where I'm defending.

So Birthright is number one selling 3ds game on Amazon and Conquest is nowhere to be found

This is a very poor troll attempt considering all you need to do is go to the next page to see Conquest.

Honestly, I find defense maps are rarely interesting unless we are able to finish them early by defeating the boss.

Hopefully these defense maps give me some reasons to expand out from where I'm defending.

defense maps always fall into 3 categories:
1. camp the defend spot (example: Despair and Hope)
2. end the map early with the other objective (examples: Elincia's Gambit and Blood Contract)
3. treat it like a rout map (examples: Battle Before Dawn, Conquest Chapter 10 (I know we know the name of this chapter...))

Azuran

Banned

Well, Conquest in the GameFAQS 3DS top 10 with Birthright nowhere to be seen :p

I meant early defense chapters. When you let pretty weak, and it's a even fight.

Later defense chapters are just mini challenges for to do as fast as possible.

Rutger

Banned
I meant early defense chapters. When you let pretty weak, and it's a even fight.

Later defense chapters are just mini challenges for to do as fast as possible.

I don't really care for sitting in one spot for the whole map. It's better than slowly traveling across a FE4 map, but still kind of dull.

Though, I can't remember an early defense map where the enemies are on my level, unless we count protecting Roy in FE6 as defense maps.

yami4ct

Battle Before Dawn?

Looking at that map, that's one of the few maps I remember from FE7 (I love that game, but haven't played it in years). Burned into my brain for some reason. I actually really liked that map despite being a real pain for a first time SRPG player.

Man I'm excited for Conquest.

You know with how many people complaining about the turn limits in XCOM 2 (what exactly are the turn limits in that game?)...imagine if more Fire Emblem maps had turn limits?

You know with how many people complaining about the turn limits in XCOM 2 (what exactly are the turn limits in that game?)...imagine if more Fire Emblem maps had turn limits?

Turn limits are fun.

well to me anyways. Actually I'll take a difficulty challenge like that.

Although I actually don't remember a lot of turn limit maps?
Let's see; Radiant dawn had about 2 or 3?
FE7 had a couple, but one was only to get a sidequest and another was buying weapons.
FE8 I don't know
FE9: Jill dad and I don't remember.

Maybe a bit more wouldn't hurt.

i did like fe6's finish these chapters in a certain amount of turns or lose the full ending forever deal

even though most of those turn limits were fairly generous

Gestahl

Turn limits are fun.

well to me anyways. Actually I'll take a difficulty challenge like that.

Although I actually don't remember a lot of turn limit maps?
Let's see; Radiant dawn had about 2 or 3?
FE7 had a couple, but one was only to get a sidequest and another was buying weapons.
FE8 I don't know
FE9: Jill dad and I don't remember.

Maybe a bit more wouldn't hurt.

Don't forget FE6's insanely obscure requirements for the actual ending, though not a strict turn limit in the traditional sense they may as well have been

Draxal

Are the turn limits in the battle maps or in the overworld? I thought people were complaining about the latter.

Don't forget FE6's insanely obscure requirements for the actual ending, though not a strict turn limit in the traditional sense they may as well have been

I forgot about FE6 (poor Roy).

Yeah most of the chapters had turn limits for the Gaiden chapters. The worst being that Desert chapter.

CazTGG

Battle Before Dawn?

The only issue with that map is you have to recruit an unpromoted character with fairly weak stats (albeit good growths) and said character is necessary in order to recruit Jaffar/unlocking the gaiden chapter (which, if I recall, requires you to talk to Jaffar before the turn limit is over) when a good amount of enemies can kill her in a single hit. It's a fairly solid chapter, all things considered.

Renewed

Been a while but I enjoyed the turn limit map I played in 7. I imagine I'll experience the other similar maps when I get around to playing other games. Although I haven't seen anything from Conquest, I hope it has at least one such map. Otherwise I could see myself trying a self-imposed turn limit and see what works.

Gestahl

I forgot about FE6 (poor Roy).

Yeah most of the chapters had turn limits for the Gaiden chapters. The worst being that Desert chapter.

Honestly the biggest losses there are the gaiden chapters if you miss them. Real ending's some tepid shit.

But yeah babying Sophia and the Worst General Cecilia through that insanity in record time is brutal, not to mention grabbing the loot while you're at it. Bandits and dragons everywhere

Rutger

Banned

I love that part of FE6.

I'd love to see turn limits return as sub-objectives. FE9/10 kind of had it with BEXP, and it certainly made it feel more worthwhile to finish a map fast. I like when there are rewards to keeping a low turn count.

Gestahl

I love that part of FE6.

I'd love to see turn limits return as sub-objectives. FE9/10 kind of had it with BEXP, and it certainly made it feel more worthwhile to finish a map fast. I like when there are rewards to keeping a low turn count.

Needed to be more hints in the base game but I like the general idea.

vvvvvvvvAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Gestahl

At least we didn't have to have our units murdered for side quests

What? they did give you an hint...when you went past the turn limit. Freaking bastards

I wanted to die inside when I saw that old fuck step out behind Murdock and I finally realized what was going on

Rutger

Banned
I wanted to die inside when I saw that old fuck step out behind Murdock and I finally realized what was going on

That was one of the great things about Chapter 21, realizing that all these Wyvern Rider reinforcements that would be easy to deal with if I just slowly go through the map, can't actually be dealt with slowly because of the turn limit.

I was not ready for that when I first played the game, and the triumphant music only increased my suffering, but man was it satisfying when I finally pulled it off.
Later I found out I can just avoid those reinforcements from showing up, hahahaha.

That was one of the great things about Chapter 21, realizing that all these Wyvern Rider reinforcements that would be easy to deal with if I just slowly go through the map, can't actually be dealt with slowly because of the turn limit.

I was not ready for that when I first played the game, and the triumphant music only increased my suffering, but man was it satisfying when I finally pulled it off.
Later I found out I can just avoid those reinforcements from showing up, hahahaha.

For those who don't know, FE6 chapter 21's totally not arbitrary reinforcement spawn trigger areas:

FZC0jQZ.png

Renewed

well supposedly it is a fabric

just a really buried you never hear it commonly one

now it sounds like they are going haha, we're so clever for thinking up of a name and a fabric

And then it gets taken out and nothing of value is lost lol

Still when I hear that name I'm gonna keep thinking of Zelda.

L95

Wolfskin class sounds alright.

I wonder what the hell they gonna do with Manananangraammmmamam

Just 'Garm'? That's the name of some norse underworld wolf dude.(Ignoring that FE already has a weapon with that name, but lol)

Top Bottom