• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Azuran

Banned
yeah, it's not that hard

only annoyance would be doing it with the birthright only characters

How come? Are they more difficult to recruit or raise their support? I been trying to remain spoiler free when it comes to the actual characters and recruitment missions, so I don't know much about that stuff yet.

How come? Are they more difficult to recruit or raise their support? I been trying to remain spoiler free when it comes to the actual characters and recruitment missions, so I don't know much about that stuff yet.

you just need to run more save files that's about it

Renewed

The whole localization uproar is hilarious, but what makes me sad/mad is that people will pass up not one but three strategy RPGs (three!) on the basis of "they cut out content." I'm sure they must be spitting hyperbole.

My opinion is that optional content is that and removing it seems like a shame, but getting actually mad and attacking individuals makes me sad.

The whole localization uproar is hilarious, but what makes me sad/mad is that people will pass up not one but three strategy RPGs (three!) on the basis of "they cut out content." I'm sure they must be spitting hyperbole.

My opinion is that optional content is that and removing it seems like a shame, but getting actually mad and attacking individuals makes me sad.

If they aren't going to buy it cause of some cut/not cut content, they probably didn't really want it in the first place.

Between GameXplain initially botching Kana's name (among other fails) and possibly this Polygon snafu (it's either them or Kotaku, likely the former), let's make one thing clear: do not trust anything from media outlets at face value, they are very likely to screw something up.

(only make threads on things with direct video evidence, seriously)

Azuran

Banned
Between GameXplain initially botching Kana's name (among other fails) and possibly this Polygon snafu (it's either them or Kotaku, likely the former), let's make one thing clear: do not trust anything from media outlets at face value, they are very likely to screw something up.

(only make threads on things with direct video evidence, seriously)

It's so sad that we can't fully trust outlets whose main task is to bring us news. You would think people would become educated about the stuff they're covering.

Kinsei

Banned
I figured this would be the best place to ask since I imagine some people in this thread have imported Fates and with the way that thread went, I doubt I'd get an answer there. What's the blowing all about? Someone in that other thread convinced me that I was probably wrong about the rubbing so I'd like to know more about it before deciding whether or not to get the game.

Draxal

I figured this would be the best place to ask since I imagine some people in this thread have imported Fates and with the way that thread went, I doubt I'd get an answer there. What's the blowing all about? Someone in that other thread convinced me that I was probably wrong about the rubbing so I'd like to know more about it before deciding whether or not to get the game.

It was pretty weird actually, it was blowing off steam at first but later on it goes it even weirder than that. I'm not sure if they'll keep that later part in. The progression to get that far was long and really tedious as the face rubbing was really .... boring in all honesty, and I stopped after I grew really tired of it.

I say wait till actual proof comes out.

Maybe you can ask Nathan Drake( Gaf User), he got his review copy

Kinsei

Banned
It was pretty weird actually, it's blowing off steam at but later on it goes it even weirder than that. I'm not sure if they'll keep that part in.

The one that confirmed the touching to wake your spouse mentioned that blowing was in too. Is it just blowing steam off the screen as if you were clearing your eyes or are you revealing a half naked picture of your spouse or something along those lines?

I say wait till actual proof comes out.

Maybe you can ask Nathan Drake( Gaf User), he got his review copy

Thanks. I think I'll PM him.

Draxal

The one that confirmed the touching to wake your spouse mentioned that blowing was in too. Is it just blowing steam off the screen as if you were clearing your eyes or are you revealing a half naked picture of your spouse or something along those lines?

Nah, they're fully in the default clothes the entire time; it takes a real long time to get that far and most reviewers aren't probably there yet.

Shun

Can I make the review thread before reviews go up so that we can have rules in place for it like with the OT?

Someone else can do it so long as it doesn't end up off topic.

When is the embargo for it?

Shun

Would these be apt descriptions for characters without spoiling?

Should I even add in Odin or Luna in fear of people crying spoilers? I will anyway screw it.

Mikoto
Your hot as hell birthmother that you remember nothing about.

Garon
Your grumpy not-real-father whom locked you up under the staircase.

Hinoka
Became a pegasus knight because of her sister/brother complex.

Elise
Big brother/sister big brother/sister

Sakura
big brother/sister big brother/sister

I'll post examples of pictures later.

Draxal

Would these be apt descriptions for characters without spoiling?

Should I even add in Odin or Luna in fear of people crying spoilers? I will anyway screw it.

Mikoto
Your hot as hell birthmother that you remember nothing about.

Garon
Your grumpy not-real-father whom locked you up under the staircase.

I'll post examples of pictures later.

I always thought Ryoma looked older than Mikoto, and Sumeragi looked old when he died 15/16/17 years ago.

Hide Odin, Selena, and Laslow. Mikoto and Garon are fine.

It's so sad that we can't fully trust outlets whose main task is to bring us news. You would think people would become educated about the stuff they're covering.

Fates is essentially 3 games in one, so we should probably cut them some slack when it comes to forgetting names and other small details. As a fan, you only have to be an expert on one game, whereas journalists are expected to be an expert on every game. Although reporting a missing feature as more than just a small mistake, I suppose

Chrom

Found these on Amazon.
91j3hnu1jxL._SL500_.jpg
712mlU2P3YL._SL500_.jpg

So you guys think that this Game is going to definitely put Fire Emblem as a important Nintendo Franchise in the west?
Awakening was the practice run, I think this is the test.

Top Bottom