• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

McNum

So this Miiverse thing is pretty neat:

zlCfzRQQsBEcBkj5tu

Yes, I totally couldn't resist that joke. Too bad with all the stats there, but the only way not to get that would be Manakete->Manakete, and I'm not going to do that for a silly joke. 30 levels of Manakete for no stat gains is a bit more grind that I'm happy with.

GamerSoul

So this Miiverse thing is pretty neat:

zlCfzRQQsBEcBkj5tu

Yes, I totally couldn't resist that joke. Too bad with all the stats there, but the only way not to get that would be Manakete->Manakete, and I'm not going to do that for a silly joke. 30 levels of Manakete for no stat gains is a bit more grind that I'm happy with.

Miiverse just got better. :) and I made a comment on that outfit for Morgan in the awakening ot :( Nah is the classiest manakete and I was surprised Morgan came out like that. Lol

McNum

Miiverse just got better. :) and I made a comment on that outfit for Morgan in the awakening ot :( Nah is the classiest manakete and I was surprised Morgan came out like that. Lol
Morgan getting Nowi's outfit is one thing. Morgan asking if she looks like her father in it is just... She doesn't get out much, does she?

She should get the outfit of the Manakete that's her mother. In this case, Tiki. Actually, does her dragon form change color if Nah is her mother?

Soriku

Anyone here beat all the Bonus Box teams? Decided to try some of the top (lvl 20) ones yesterday and I was only able to get by 1-2 battles with my Sorceror FeMU and Nosferatu :x My Donnel is a Hero and he's awesome but he gets rocked when fighting those dudes. Even my Lucina who's pretty good (she's a Great Lord atm) has some trouble (she hits hard but she also gets hit hard), though she's my best character after FeMU.

Are physical characters that viable? I'm gonna make Morgan a Sorceror so I have another character with Nosferatu, but who else works?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Chrom is a special case in that he will be forced to marry by a certain point in the game. Who it is depends on who Chrom has been supporting up to that point.

Or whose alive/married or not. There's a ranking of potential partners and the Avatar is last, If the other potential partners are married or dead, the female Avatar is automatically chosen..

Or whose alive/married or not. There's a ranking of potential partners and the Avatar is last, If the other potential partners are married or dead, the female Avatar is automatically chosen..

Actually, if the female Avatar is already taken, Chrom will marry a NPC.

He'll get married no matter what.

y2dvd

After Chapter 13 Chrom will automatically marry the woman he has the most supports with, if he hasn't achieved S support with anyone yet.

Chrom is a special case in that he will be forced to marry by a certain point in the game. Who it is depends on who Chrom has been supporting up to that point.

Noooooooo that explains it. Augh, I was so close to setting him up with someone else.

So I'm leveling everyone up to lvl 20 before upgrading their class. Should I not bother waiting and just upgrade at lvl 10 right away?

Noooooooo that explains it. Augh, I was so close to setting him up with someone else.

So I'm leveling everyone up to lvl 20 before upgrading their class. Should I not bother waiting and just upgrade at lvl 10 right away?

Promote them the first time at level 20 to get most exp (and stat gains) you can get with lower levels.

Your exp rate starts dropping once you promote (as the game sees you as a higher level) and once you start changing classes (the game keeps track up to a certain point the number of levels you accumulated).

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
So if Morgan dresses like Nowi as a Manakete, does she dress like Panne as a Taguel?

Seems like she oughtta get her own personal models for those special classes, but on the other hand it's a lot funnier this way.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Just finished my Awakening hard run and actually enjoyed more than my normal, also the final battle was such a good finale for it. I didn't have a properly levelled Anna to solo 10 near death dodges in a row to ensure a deathless run on my normal (bless that lucky ass girl), so my characters where dying on this run, and my near max stat characters were doing fuck all damage to the boss. Then as a last ditch I send in Chrom fearing he may die since but hoping I finish it before too many die I hadn't properly levelled him was a straight to 20 then promote and 20 again no re-classing, and the guy just beasted it gots crits on his Aethers and practically soloed the boss himself.

There's something about that final battle that just makes me gain respect for characters.

GamerSoul

Morgan getting Nowi's outfit is one thing. Morgan asking if she looks like her father in it is just... She doesn't get out much, does she?

She should get the outfit of the Manakete that's her mother. In this case, Tiki. Actually, does her dragon form change color if Nah is her mother?

lol yea I was like wait what did she say?

I married nah this time and Morgan came out yellow like Nowi.

So if Morgan dresses like Nowi as a Manakete, does she dress like Panne as a Taguel?

Seems like she oughtta get her own personal models for those special classes, but on the other hand it's a lot funnier this way.

Yea that was what I was thinking but nope lol they went the funny route.

Frosteey

Neo Member
So it looks like the Miiverse for FE:A is finally up.

This is tempting me to complete getting all the support convos >_>

Sadly I don't think there's really a screen where you can show off just how diligently filled out your support log is.

I'm pretty close to having all the pairings filled out (I am not crazy enough to do every parent/child combination) but the accomplishment seems doomed to an unyeahed future : (

Here is my very important miiverse screenshot though.

2RlwxvR.png

McNum

I wonder if the next FE will be on 3DS and hopefully look better. Did Kakusei release after or before the 3DS 2nd core unlock?
There was an Iwata asks where the developers told that they started designing Awakening before the final specs of the 3DS were locked in, so they went more conservative with their power estimates and cut corners whee they thought they could. One of those corners were feet.

A second 3DS Fire Emblem would be made to the actual specs of the 3DS and probably look quite a bit better. Not that Awakening is ugly, mind you.

I do hope there's a second 3DS Fire Emblem. From all I've heard, Awakening did very well for itself and is the best selling Fire Emblem ever.

Mephala

2RlwxvR.png

One of the first things I saw after finding FE:A miiverse. I wish I could Yeah! it twice.

Does any body know if Lucina should be withheld behind Spoilers in Miiverse? I don't really think its necessary but at the same time I don't want to spoil the game for any body.
Also, what about the free spotpass character
Emmeryn
?

GamerSoul

Sadly I don't think there's really a screen where you can show off just how diligently filled out your support log is.

I'm pretty close to having all the pairings filled out (I am not crazy enough to do every parent/child combination) but the accomplishment seems doomed to an unyeahed future : (

2RlwxvR.png

I remember seeing that one. niice.

This is one of mines.
zlCfzRQVQfAuThnlNV

I'll probably be the one with a lot of Sully by the end of all this. lol

I've just been checking my relationships with MU on the Hubba Tester, I completely ignored all the extras because I was so enthralled by the game. I had to post a picture of it on Miiverse from the playthrough he was married to Panne, I dunno how to post it here but if someone wants to see it was posted a couple minutes ago.

But in my other playthroughs he's friendly with his wife Cordelia and the third playthrough apparently avoids his wife Tharja like the plague. In case you can't tell, I'm a really good matchmaker.

There was an Iwata asks where the developers told that they started designing Awakening before the final specs of the 3DS were locked in, so they went more conservative with their power estimates and cut corners whee they thought they could. One of those corners were feet.

A second 3DS Fire Emblem would be made to the actual specs of the 3DS and probably look quite a bit better. Not that Awakening is ugly, mind you.

I do hope there's a second 3DS Fire Emblem. From all I've heard, Awakening did very well for itself and is the best selling Fire Emblem ever.

I was not aware of that. Hopefully they improve on the models a bit.

Gambit

Awakening Community on Miiverse now? Very cool.

I'd play through it again, but I can't afford to atm. The game is too addictive for me. That's why the next playthrough really has to wait till I have a lot of free time.

Chrom

Technically the Awakening logo appeared at some point in the Euro presentation. I don't remember what for but it wasn't anything special.

I was hoping for Chrom in Smash or anything relating to SMTxFE.

jgwhiteus

Just finished Awakening yesterday after having it in my backlog for months. Really enjoyed it - I liked the new support system, though I feel unlimited supports kind of defeats the significance of each relationship, and tactics-wise it incentivizes you to put everyone standing next to each other for stat boosts - in previous FE's I felt characters got to spread out on the map a bit more. I'm also not sure about being able to buy unlimited quantities of really powerful weapons / magics / staves, etc. (and I was never in danger of running out of money) - it's less stressful, but also takes the challenge out of resource management.

I appreciated the new experience and class change systems also, though I kind of missed having a "training ground" to level up characters outside of battle. I'm unfortunately a bit obsessive about avoiding getting RNG-screwed in early chapters, so whenever one of my main's got a level up with only one or two stats (especially if one was Luck), I'd reset the entire battle. I feel I spent more time playing this game because of RNG-induced resets than because of any actual difficulty or character deaths (on Hard-Classic). In the other FE's I'd just get people as close to Level Up as possible and then use the training ground until they leveled up with four or five stats.

Overall, this is probably my second favorite FE after Path of Radiance on the GC, and I hope they keep some of the tweaks / improvements in later games, though maybe they could put in some limits so it doesn't lead to maxed-out overpowered characters in the endgame.

ohlawd

I should edit my post in the GotY thread and bash FEA more.

Still my #3 though and it's not budging. In case people forget, that's a good spot to be in.

Shengar

Very true. In my experience, she always turns into a great unit but it's probably because of the lack of galeforce. I never have used Stahl because of her lol.

Stahl speed is sucks balls, almost like Vaike level of resistance. Even as swordmaster his speed is low.
Okay, maybe not that much, but having a low speed is sucks.

I'm curious to see if anyone else does what I do. Besides the forced characters (lords etc.) I always try to take my lowest leveled characters into battle. This forces me to be constantly changing up my strategy and I find it always keeps the games challenging.

jgwhiteus

I'm curious to see if anyone else does what I do. Besides the forced characters (lords etc.) I always try to take my lowest leveled characters into battle. This forces me to be constantly changing up my strategy and I find it always keeps the games challenging.

I follow the same boring strategy for every FE game, whether on handhelds or consoles - decide on a core team of 10-12 characters beforehand, usually with set roles (Lord, Mage, Valkyrie, Pegasus Knight, General, etc.) and stick to that team for all chapters, giving them all experience possible. By the endgame almost all are near their max level, and a few have maxed-out stats. Every other recruited character is barely used, if at all.

Radiant Dawn, with its shifting between stories and teams, really messed up that strategy and the ability to build a core team, which is why I wasn't as big a fan of it as Path of Radiance.

Levyne

Banned
That's how I used to play, but I started to be more flexible and allow myself to use units given for free in the chapter, and also make sure to max out the map allotment. I've found myself enjoying the game much more compared to just obsessively maxing out exp gains on a core team and instantly unequipping new recruits on the map or something like that.

But I do like to change it up on normal mode playthroughs. An all pre-promote playthrough. Only axe users. Make sure to cap every archer. Things like that.

GamerSoul

Stahl speed is sucks balls, almost like Vaike level of resistance. Even as swordmaster his speed is low.
Okay, maybe not that much, but having a low speed is sucks.

I need speed on my team. I had to bench Vaike because of that in my current playthrough. Usually I can live with a unit's faults but the RNG gods were not kind to him.

I bought my gf FE7 for Christmas because she loved Awakening so much. Is it gonna be too hard for her is my only concern.

Pretty cool. It should not be too hard at all on normal, imo. It has a variety of map designs and wrinkles not in Awakening so it will be a new experience but nothing too hard. It does not have a overworld map to grind units but the game is balanced so the chapters give you enough of time/enemies to gain experience.

heh, I never tried to do that. interesting....

CSX

Replaying Path of Radiance

Looking at the animations...wow Raidant Dawn was a huge improvement lol...

CSX

That's how I used to play, but I started to be more flexible and allow myself to use units given for free in the chapter, and also make sure to max out the map allotment. I've found myself enjoying the game much more compared to just obsessively maxing out exp gains on a core team and instantly unequipping new recruits on the map or something like that.

But I do like to change it up on normal mode playthroughs. An all pre-promote playthrough. Only axe users. Make sure to cap every archer. Things like that.

This reminds me that I always wanted to try out a Laguz only playthrough for Radiant Dawn or at least Laguz only for the final chapter.

Is it possible ?

Levyne

Banned
Uh. I think I've tried it...I forgot how successful it was. Could always subject that one to an easy mode difficulty, haha.

I think what happened was it becomes "All Laguz Plus Ike".

aka

Ike

CSX

Uh. I think I've tried it...I forgot how successful it was. Could always subject that one to an easy mode difficulty, haha.

I think what happened was it becomes "All Laguz Plus Ike".

aka

Ike

SO pretty much Ike is killing everything while everyone else is eating laguz stones like candy?

CSX

Pretty cool. It should not be too hard at all on normal, imo. It has a variety of map designs and wrinkles not in Awakening so it will be a new experience but nothing too hard. It does not have a overworld map to grind units but the game is balanced so the chapters give you enough of time/enemies to gain experience.

Well if she's desperate, there is always the Arenas :p

Top Bottom