• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

L95

Keaton.

You could also use brackets strike to through a strike for that post like this

But I don't understand the point of wolffsegner, it justs sounds different to be different.

I agree. "Hobos who sell trash that people got tired of, and called werewolves to get them to leave" isn't really.... good. Even though it happens to fit one character with the class.

Sorry if this has been asked already but if I buy a physical copy of Birthright and a dlc version of Conquest and Revelations. Will the game be able to read my completed save of Birthright to give me bonuses in my Conquest new game like in the special edition?

L95

Sorry if this has been asked already but if I buy a physical copy of Birthright and a dlc version of Conquest and Revelations. Will the game be able to read my completed save of Birthright to give me bonuses in my Conquest new game like in the special edition?

Ya, that's pretty much the only and intended way to do it. (aside from the SE)

Kiro

How do you acquire the multiple branch goodies like dread scrolls? Is it automatically given to you at the start of the game? Do I have to beat a branch to get them for the next one or just own all 3?

Draxal

How do you acquire the multiple branch goodies like dread scrolls? Is it automatically given to you at the start of the game? Do I have to beat a branch to get them for the next one or just own all 3?

Menu based, have to be in the castle to get them.

I just received the other comiket box set.

If I were to recommend anything from cipher to fans, I would recommend the marker cards as they don't have any of that distracting text on them.

Edit. Man Int Systems really hates Chrom. He's on the pixel smaller card box and the deck box. But he's hidden by the cover in the deck box and is in an interior corner in the smaller card box.

Weebos

Banned
So, at some point around 7 PM EST the timer on my digital preload switched from 3 days to 2 days. It implies it might be releasing digitally around 7 PM EST, which seems odd.

Maybe they're rounding down like weirdos, hopefully it will switch to an hour count at some point tomorrow. If not I assume it is business as usual and it is just being weird.

Shun

Game is a 6/10 because terrible story and the game is too hard. Other version is 10/10 because reasons.

I am in the camp that think strategy games are SUPPOSED to be challenging. Strategy is not just brute force or autopilot solo mode. Strategy is supposed to make you think and consider your actions. Different difficulty levels is great, but not at the cost of the overall balance and challenge of game. It is not supposed to be a steam roll.
Being a difficult game should be a plus in my opinion anyway.

Anyway I will post the OT tomorrow at midnight and I guess I will make the review thread with rules unless someone wants to do it instead.

Game is a 6/10 because terrible story and the game is too hard. Other version is 10/10 because reasons.

I am in the camp that think strategy games are SUPPOSED to be challenging. Strategy is not just brute force or autopilot solo mode. Strategy is supposed to make you think and consider your actions. Different difficulty levels is great, but not at the cost of the overall balance and challenge of game. It is not supposed to be a steam roll.
Being a difficult game should be a plus in my opinion anyway.

Anyway I will post the OT tomorrow at midnight and I guess I will make the review thread with rules unless someone wants to do it instead.

/remembers all the reviews of FE10 for being too challenging

What about easy? It was practically impossible to lose in easy.

The idea is they might have gotten tripped up on normal aka Japanese hard mode, and had the difficulty options not been renamed maybe they would've just started on what's now easy mode and not complained about the difficulty.

Draxal

The gamestop stream was ... enlightening on about the difference in player skill, compare that to something like Dondon's fe5 no growth run.

Renewed

The gamestop stream was ... enlightening on about the difference in player skill, compare that to something like Dondon's fe5 no growth run.

Come now, your strategy doesn't involve killing everyone off in ways such as boxing Takumi in with 4 Sky Knights and then expertly having Ryoma clear the map with 1HP?

CSX

Come now, your strategy doesn't involve killing everyone off in ways such as boxing Takumi in with 4 Sky Knights and then expertly having Ryoma clear the map with 1HP?

Unless we talking Hard/Lunatic, how bad you gotta be to get Ryoma down to 1 hp?

The idea is they might have gotten tripped up on normal aka Japanese hard mode, and had the difficulty options not been renamed maybe they would've just started on what's now easy mode and not complained about the difficulty.

Yeah I forgot about the renaming. Anyways I don't think it would have made a difference. The game was rather long, and slow. Also the story dragged a bit, I feel these complaint would have an effect.

CSX

I remember one reviewer flat out admitted in his review that he was not enjoying the game on normal but then switched to easy and had a blast. Gave it a good score in return :p

I remember one reviewer flat out admitted in his review that he was not enjoying the game on normal but then switched to easy and had a blast. Gave it a good score in return :p
Can't blame them. I remember waiting for 10, beat 7-9 numerous time on hard. Then 10 came and kicked my ass so many times.
It surprised me how hard it was for Normal.

It's super easy now, but that first experience was something

A lot of those reviews mentioned issues besides "this game is unfair in terms of design", not that messing up the difficulty settings for the 2nd time in a row helped any matters.

yeah, we definitely remember the "no Mii support" review

though really, it's clear that back then review sites just didn't give a fuck about Fire Emblem, you can tell from the tone

Lunar15

SRPG's are pretty much one of the worst games for reviewers. Hard games in general. If it's hard and obscure, you can pretty much count it out entirely. See the souls games, which really didn't start getting great reviews until the games got more popular. Reviewers got into it well after they had already written the review. Awakening was extremely lucky: It was released onto to the 3DS at a time when games were really sparse for that system, and having missed 12, the fanbase was getting riled up and asking for it more.

Also, I really do not think most reviewers will have played both sides before review. Bigger outlets maybe, but anyone smaller than like, the top 3... I wouldn't bet on it.

CazTGG

Wait, Leigh Alexander wrote this? That's...surprising to say the least, though driving screw's through one's nostril would probably be a more pleasant experience than Radiant Dawn.

That was sarcasm of course, though the review in question makes some good points, like how the villains are cartoonishly evil in terms of portrayal and the playable characters are two-dimensional.

Draxal

CbYlZlyUMAASw_h.png

Draxal

Cynthia is great

(did you post the Michalis card? I'm surprised it's only a R and not a SR, myself.)

I didn't, I was surprise that it wasn't it a SR as well, wondering if Narcian is going to be a R or SR now. I only posted Cynthia's, because I like how they had fun with the flavor text on her card.

L95

I hope it means we're getting more than one villain per set now. Medeus SR pls Yeah, Cynthia's quote formatting is 10/10

43fnhir.png

Also, de card, for you peeps.

Draxal

I like how 3 of the top 5 items on Ami Ami are all the new cipher sleeves.

Lucina's easily the best sleeve they released so far.

I love MIchaelis's art, so old school. That artist Rika Suzuki is going to be the lead artist for the Seisen set apparently.

Weebos

Banned
I like how 3 of the top 5 items on Ami Ami are all the new cipher sleeves.

Lucina's easily the best sleeve they released so far.

I love MIchaelis's art, so old school. That artist Rika Suzuki is going to be the lead artist for the Seisen set apparently.

Is there another Lucina sleeve? I wasn't into the first one.
EDIT: Found it, looks great. I will probably pick this one up for MTG.

Also this is great.

Sölf

You guys get the game and EU still has not announcement for the Special Edition. Nintendo, why you do this? D:

Also, my very first Radiant Dawn run was... interesting. I think the whole game with all the dialogue and stuff took me like 80 hours. And then I was there, at the final fight, the last mission. And I failed. I couldn't beat it. You know why?
Because I didn't know at that time that the currently equipped weapon gets enchanted. And baiscally all of my characters had weak weapons which I wanted t use up, like a Handaxe with 3 uses or a Armorbreaker or what not. Because of this, I just couldn't kill Ashera. Man, that was fun.
I restarted the whole game, skipped all animations, skipped all dialogues, cut the playtime in half I think and then beat it. God.

Ew, boat paralogue. Ew, Shigure. Ew, Shigure's boat paralogue.
Ew, enemies that aren't in formation on Lunatic. What is this? Hoshido? :x

Midori's paralogue has the same problem. Willing to bet Sophie and Deere's too, not that I can get them because I don't feel like training a Lv. 14 unpromoted Silas and Jakob against Lv. 18 promoted enemies. Funnily enough, Kana's doesn't despite being one of the shared children. The Nohrian children's paralgoues I've seen (Velouria, Soleil, Nina, Ophelia) certainly don't. Speaking of Ophelia...

I CAN FINALLY GET RID OF ODIN (after I finish Ophelia's paralogue)! I only had to suffer him for 19 chapters, putting me right at the very end of the game!! Now I feel bad for not finishing a Lunatic Odin run. >.>

Shun

Ophelia is da bae (*´﹃`*) . Her paralogue map design is not that good tho.

40% critical. Felicia mom gives her better skill activation. Great mother for Kanna. Just a pain in the ass to get in Lunatic Conquest.

Elfy is a goddess too as a unit too. They also share voices. Both are bes.

Draxal

Went Azura!Ophelia myself. Maybe not the best pairing, but 31 Mag and 31 Spd at Lv. 18? I can't complain.

And yes, Effie's an armored god.

You didn't go Elise? You're a heretic (should have gone Elise!Ophelia).

Ophelia is da bae (*´﹃`*) . Her paralogue map design is not that good tho.

40% critical. Felicia mom gives her better skill activation. Great mother for Kanna. Just a pain in the ass to get in Lunatic Conquest.

Elfy is a goddess too as a unit too. They also share voices. Both are bes.

Oh man, you must not like Effie's western voice at all.

Shun

You didn't go Elise? You're a heretic (should have gone Elise!Ophelia).

Oh man, you must not like Effie's western voice at all.

I have not seen any western footage so I wouldn't know. My preference for English is probably different from most of yours anyway since I can understand and I speak broken english.

Draxal

I have not seen any western footage so I wouldn't know. My preference for English is probably different from most of yours anyway since I can understand and I speak broken english.

They went with a totally different feel with Elfie's voice, very deep and machismo.

Top Bottom