• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shun

They went with a totally different feel with Elfie's voice, very deep and machismo.

They missed the point of her character then. Unless you mean a more sporty and boyish voice.

I did not play Awakening in English either so did they change Djelle voice and character too? Elfy is a better Djelle maybe.

They missed the point of her character then. Unless you mean a more sporty and boyish voice.

I did not play Awakening in English either so did they change Djelle voice and character too? Elfy is a better Djelle maybe.
Her character might have changed tho.
Awakening characters got some changes to their personality here.
Nowi and Gergor being one.

How many pairs can/should be deployed for Birthright Lunatic? Currently I'm planning Corrin/Hana and each royal plus their spouse. Is that too many? Too few? Also, what are some good options for Sakura?

as far as i remember, never had a problem with Kjelle's voice in Awakening

sounded like how a tough and strict girl would sound like and not a bear

Shun

Does Leo still dominate the popularity threads in Japan, or was that one time thing, and why is Takumi still so loved?

I explained it earlier. It is mostly because of the huge doujin, fan art, and BL fanbase that has littered the series since the beginning of time.

Ever since the game was teased and came out, I predicted that Marx and Leon would be the most popular male characters no doubt and it ended up being true.

A lot of the fan culture has Leon being a ikamen bishonen. He is usually paired with Marx. Takumi is his pairing because of their support, but in a lot of it Takumi is the total beta and Leon is da alpha.

Takumi's popularity is largely due to Leon. There are people who like him genuinely, but for the most part it really is because Leon.

The fan love pairing up the pretty boys of the series.

Shun

Bevause you hate them or because they're bad?

Largely because I don't like them.

To be serious, both Sakura and Takumi are good units and make good parents for certain characters. Unless you really want to maximize stats, go with who you want in Birthright Lunatic since you can finish it regardless. It gets incrementally harder but is doable with any support combo.

I did Sakura with Tsukiyomi and Takumi with Hana or Oboro. I was really considering Takumi and Orochi but Kisaragi does not deserve that fate and parenting.

Shun

maybe in Japan (I think you're being biased though), but in the west Takumi's popularity is not because of that lol

Draxal was talking about Japan and I'm actually being serious. I hate Takumi but a lot of his popularity as a character really does stem from that.

Shun

I have
unintentionally
seen more Fire Emblem BL and R-18 than a person should in their entire life time.

You see everything.

Draxal

I explained it earlier. It is mostly because of the huge doujin, fan art, and BL fanbase that has littered the series since the beginning of time.

Ever since the game was teased and came out, I predicted that Marx and Leon would be the most popular male characters no doubt and it ended up being true.

A lot of the fan culture has Leon being a ikamen bishonen. He is usually paired with Marx. Takumi is his pairing because of their support, but in a lot of it Takumi is the total beta and Leon is da alpha.

Takumi's popularity is largely due to Leon. There are people who like him genuinely, but for the most part it really is because Leon.

The fan love pairing up the pretty boys of the series.

I'm a huge fan of Marx/Xander cuz he's Camus/Char but I thought Takumi was more popular than him.

Shun

it's funny, cause i haven't really

You know where to look and find it on twitter/pixiv/ameblo.

I won't link it if you seriously want any because smut.

I'm a huge fan of Marx/Xander cuz he's Camus/Char but I thought Takumi was more popular than him.

Most polls are fluid, the top 5 are usually interchangeable for a lot of series. Gundam, iDOLM@STER, BlazBlue, etc do regular character polls and the top 5 are pretty interchangeable. In the beginning at least, Leon and Marx was the most popular without a doubt with Marx/Female Kamui after. Takumi started picking up traction later on but overall Marx is a little more popular in terms of art volume and how he is as a standalone character.

You know where to look and find it on twitter/pixiv/ameblo.

I won't link it if you seriously want any because smut.

maybe it's just i never unintentionally come across it

of course if i look, i'll find it but just never realized what the top pairings were ww

tumblr_inline_o2pbzegnt11tbjket_540.jpg

nintendo
has made an amazing flowchart if you just can't decide which legendary to get

nohr is a bunch of puppy hating, dragon loving, never wear white after labor day, never open amiibos sword users

Lunar15

Btw, appreciate your feedback Shun, as I think the Fire Emblem fandom in the States and Japan is very very very different at times

Man, you must be battle scarred from Ike/Soren doujins.

Haha, I'm fine with it.

I'm just upset that it associates resetting with being a filthy casual

Agreed, considering the staff themselves consider it the more hardcore way to play lol.

It's also kind of confusing because Conquest definitely allows you to play in casual and pheonix mode.

jzbluz

I've never seen any slash dj (apart from Ike/Soren who don't count) from FE. I feel like I'm missing out. But I'm proud/amused/happy that FE is popular with the fujoshi crowd.

Shun

The two greatest and only good chuuni to exist.

俺は選ばれし闇の戦士…

必殺!アウェイキングヴァンダー

私は選ばれし乙女…

必殺!アウェイキングホーリー

I wonder if Washimoto will get contracted for FE cipher.

Lunar15

Fire Emblem reviews are always great because somehow, every time, the big outlets manage to find people who've never played an FE game before to review it. It's like a pair of fresh eyes every release! I thought this trend with end with awakening due to how popular that game was, but I'm not quite sure that was the case, lol.

Note: I don't really mind that, but it is funny when they start talking as if they know the franchise all that well when they clearly don't.

On series artists: I say go all out. Get Araki. (jojo)

俺は選ばれし闇の戦士…

必殺!アウェイキングヴァンダー

私は選ばれし乙女…

必殺!アウェイキングホーリー

something something stupid sexy odin

Draxal

俺は選ばれし闇の戦士…

必殺!アウェイキングヴァンダー

私は選ばれし乙女…

必殺!アウェイキングホーリー

Go yell at Daisuke Izuka's twitter, he's the art director for Cipher.

honestly it's funny one complaint of awakening was that female dark mages outfits were terrible

so they decided to one up it and do it for both genders

also looks like Kisaragi is now Kiragi

whew, was worried that they didn't change his name, it had so many characters and syllables!

I began the final chapter of FE7. Nergal's door opened up. Florina began slaughtering everyone in sight. No one could run. No one could hide. I could not devise a single tactic which would have stopped her from murdering her allies in cold blood.

I'll be trying again this evening. Need to finish up before Fates hits.

Shun

something something stupid sexy odin

No that is their tagline in this game.

I am the chosen warrior of darkness... Finishing blow, Awakening Vander!

I am the chosen maiden... Finishing blow, Awakening Holy!

versus in Awakening where his tagline was

I am the one chosen by god, I cannot hold back... Finishing blow, Seimaken... Holy Devil Sword! In Smash Bros his description says Sacred Swords and Sword Hand but that does not exist in the JP game. So I wonder what frivolous speech they will use this time.

Top Bottom