• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Golnei

I feel like her hype over here died with her bad stats.

I feel like the majority of people who'll end up latching onto her are probably those who couldn't care less about the actual gameplay. She can't be terrible enough to be unusable on Normal/Phoenix mode.

Gestahl

Yeah but anyone actually playing the game is going to see her stats and level be barely different from anyone else's and are probably not going to devolve into the messiah worship Donnel suffered.

Shun

Who cares about english fire emblem.

February is Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final.

March is Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3.

Gundam Breaker 3.

She'll be fine most likely, do the Japanese fans give a shit about the western release or are they too busy playing other games now?

Why would Japanese fans give a shit about the western release? Just flip the scenario here for a moment: do western fans give a shit about the Japanese release of (insert major western game here)?

Draxal

Why would Japanese fans give a shit about the western release? Just flip the scenario here for a moment: do western fans give a shit about the Japanese release of (insert major western game here)?

Western games getting more traction in Japan, was an interesting trend in the last couple of years.

Gestahl

I'm just hoping she'll be useable for Hoshido Hard mode. I'm not giving up on her just yet.

Everyone's usable on Hoshido, it's just how much effort you have to put in to make them worth it (like Hayato). I mean when Scarlet is right there with a better weapon and comes pre-cooked for right when you'd want an axe user to fuck shit up, training her just becomes an even harder sell. But you can still do it and she'll still eventually reach some level of "good" especially on the lower difficulties. She's like a Meg or maybe a Wendy in that regard I guess,

Lutz's dragon is now called Ace. Not even trying with keeping the reference.

they also gave Hisame
a pickle fetish

Effie is literally Kjelle 2.0
literally

lol localization descriptions for the joke weapons are top tier

Bottle: Best suited for thirsty warriors.
Daikon Radish: Not the best weapon, but delicious when pickled.
Broom: Don't think of it as a broom. It is a spear with a thousand tiny points.
Bamboo Pole: Nature's finest blacksmithing on display.
Frying Pan: Heavy and hard to wield, but cast iron, so you don't really need to clean it.
Carp Streamer: Not great in a fight, but very festive.
Quill Pen: Not actually mightier than the sword.
Chopstick: Better on the table than the battlefield.
Rubber Bow: Someone's idea of a battlefield prank?
Bamboo Yumi: Perhaps the final project in a bow-making class?
Ember: A cantrip learned by beginning mages.
Paper: Supposedly beats rock, but not much else.

Shun

Frying Pan: Heavy and hard to wield, but cast iron, so you don't really need to clean it.

Someone is going to link that thread in the OT orz...

OT will be up like 10-30 minutes or whatever. Hoping no one posts since need 2 posts.

This is pretty funny. The broom one got me

Wonder if people will complain about his humor.?

Xenoflare

I made the mistake of downloading the decrypted data dump because I want the full version of Azura's song.

Of course I ended up listening to the voice clips.

Spoilers here, spoilers there spoilers everywhere

Golnei

I can't believe he actually went with that title, that's perfect. Was it already discussed with a mod, or is it likely to be edited in future?

Shun

I can't believe he actually went with that title, that's perfect. Was it already discussed with a mod, or is it likely to be edited in future?

I really don't care. It's a harmless title and it was okay for the Import OT.

I made rules in the OT to prevent bad posting anyway.

Golnei

I really don't care. It's a harmless title and it was okay for the Import OT.

I made rules in the OT to prevent bad posting anyway.

It seems like some of that is starting already, but I guess it can't be helped completely. Hopefully it'll stay civil for the most part.

Shun

I tweaked your rules a bit.

Whatever works to make the best environment possible for discussion.

My past OTs have usually had no issues even though those games were Japan only. I hope that this one is the same.

Thank you Seda.

Draxal

My past OTs have usually had no issues even though those games were Japan only. I hope that this one is the same.

Thank you Seda.

This one is going to get 400 times more traffic than the other threads combined.

Seda

Thank you Seda.

Some of the other mods took your "be objective" language and took it to mean 'don't criticize the game'. [which I mentioned earlier we do not want for any OT]. I didn't take it that way, but I truncated a few sentences anyway to hopefully make things clearer.

EDIT: If there are any major problems in the OT, just PM me. Turns out I actually won't be playing this soon, haha.

Mr. RPG

Has there been any news about the official soundtrack for Fates? I'm surprised it hasn't been released in Japan yet.

I hope Fate's soundtrack is good.

Draxal

Some of the other mods took your "be objective" language and took it to mean 'don't criticize the game'. [which I mentioned earlier we do not want for any OT]. I didn't take it that way, but I truncated a few sentences anyway to hopefully make things clearer.

EDIT: If there are any major problems in the OT, just PM me. Turns out I actually won't be playing this soon, haha.

Yeah, I think we're all cool with criticism, hell I think we all criticize the story in this thread ... but at the same time, it really can't drown out the other stuff in the thread, although it was really all the waifu talk that was drowning out everything.

Seda

Yeah, I think we're all cool with criticism, hell I think we all criticize the story in this thread ... but at the same time, it really can't drown out the other stuff in the thread.

Also, the Awakening OT got to the point where it was kinda old-guard FE fans ["God thanks for ruining Fire Emblem you otaku creeps"] versus outspoken new fans ["what, are you so sensitive to waifus, huh, huh!?"] and it was just stupid. The main goal is to not have an Awakening OT repeat.

Golnei

Has there been any news about the official soundtrack for Fates? I'm surprised it hasn't been released in Japan yet.

Wasn't Awakening's full soundtrack released something like a full year after the game came out in Japan? Considering how long it's already been, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening here.

Draxal

eh... Lynn can sing? lol

I was waiting for you to point that out. Did you see the new Lucina cipher art?

Kita's Samto.

CbeafgHUcAIkdic.png

Mr. RPG

Wasn't Awakening's full soundtrack released something like a full year after the game came out in Japan? Considering how long it's already been, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is happening here.

Yeah. It came out a month after Awakening's North American release, I believe.

I don't understand the long wait. I think it would make more sense to release it around the Japanese release date since these soundtracks are only released in Japan, but for some reason they didn't do that with Awakening and Fates.

Chrom

I don't believe so. It ought to happen eventually, seeing as Awakening did see one. In fact, Awakening's OST reprint is releasing next week.

Top Bottom