• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

I'll leave it out until the game is actually out. Unless someone decides to post it instead.

We already have a page dedicated to topic title disputes. I don't think most realize that I am part of what you call the "old guard" from the SFC era.
Biw down before the wise, venerable, and shockingly skilled Mystery of the Emblem fan!

tumblr_mtqt1xHSij1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Shun

It's a change that would alienate a good amount of old school players, and there's little pay off for doing so (unlike other changes).

But I am an old school player. I mean I guess they have never heard of Sylvia and Claude. Alvis and Diadora. Faval and Rana. Aless and Nana. Patty and Lester. Eldigan and Rackesis. Lucina and Wood. Layven and Priscilla. Ephraim and Eirika mind as well be canon by the fans.

Altenna and Arion is the most similar to Fire Emblem Fates situation. And unlike in Fates, the past games were actually blood tied through a lot of it.

I don't mind a title change but isn't it a bit disingenuous and off topic for other members to keep bringing it up and acting as if their franchise is some pure and unadulterated platform? Fire Emblem is basically Game of Thrones but with a morning children's anime plot.

I don't want to start shit but come on.

So does anyone throw swords now.
Yes.

Biw down before the wise, venerable, and shockingly skilled Mystery of the Emblem fan!

tumblr_mtqt1xHSij1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Is this sarcasm? Sorry I have been ill all week and my mood has not been the best.

Weebos

Banned
Anybody know if we will be able to buy Revelation digitally before it comes out? I would love to have the Dark Flier scolls.

But I am an old school player. I mean I guess they have never heard of Sylvia and Claude. Alvis and Diadora. Faval and Rana. Aless and Nana. Patty and Lester. Eldigan and Rackesis. Lucina and Wood. Layven and Priscilla. Ephraim and Eirika mind as well be canon by the fans.

Altenna and Arion is the most similar to Fire Emblem Fates situation. And unlike in Fates, the past games were actually blood tied through a lot of it.

I don't mind a title change but isn't it a bit disingenuous and off topic for other members to keep bringing it up and acting as if their franchise is some pure and unadulterated platform? Fire Emblem is basically Game of Thrones but with a morning children's anime plot.

what? that was 1. in a different thread 2. about changing difficulties in the middle of a playthrough

also what fandom reads into things never matters

Shun

Oh I'm sorry I thought it was about the constant title thing.

I am not healthy for this shit. Fuck this fever. Missed class most of the week already.

also what fandom reads into things never matters
Except that other than Ephraim and Eirika, which is interpreted however you want, the rest are still there and part of the story.

Chrom

Anybody know if we will be able to buy Revelation digitally before it comes out? I would love to have the Dark Flier scolls.

You mean as a preload? I don't think so. Due to Revelation being strictly available as DLC, it shouldn't be possible to purchase it through the eShop application itself, but rather the in-game eShop applet, and preloads are only offered through the eShop storefront. I'm not sure how it could play out if you somehow got a Revelation download code from a retailer early though.

L95

[feels like talking about Gaiden]

If there ever is a Gaiden remake, I wonder if they'll remember Megaquake? I don't think Gaiden itself remembers it sometimes. It's this really weird AoE attack that happens lategame very rarely, I've played through Gaiden 3 times and only had it happen to me once. lol

Draxal

Is this sarcasm? Sorry I have been ill all week and my mood has not been the best.

Shun, FYI Seisen's the first game I played and my favorite game (I'm the biggest Sigurd fan here), so I understand what you mean. I was also was there when the fandom completely shit on 6 when Kaga left, so I'm not one to bash the newer games.

Ps. You forgot Marth's big sister thing with Elice.

The argument we were we having in the ot turned into a debate on whether raising difficulty in games should be allowed and I was against that (with the caveat of it being okay if there were badges/highlights showing that your file didn't change the difficutly at all).

I've also been sick for 4 weeks this year, so I understand the feeling of being sick.

Shun

Yeah my bad it was meant as a response to the title complaints since the titles were a jab at past games. I know you played the past games I misread and was referring to something else entirely so my mistake on that.

Incest was never in fire emblem it is tasteless! Then you see like 4-5 games have it. I don't find it attractive or appealing and that's why I made a joke about it

Draxal

It's all good.

What was the name of the sword that would make swordmasters dual wield (I had Hana use it all the time just because it looked cool).

Lunar15

Nerdy side effect that tends to happen when I play FE games: I start looking at friends and coworkers in terms of what class they'd be and who their supports are.

Completely unrelated: I forgot about the FE themes in Codename STEAM. One of them was Winning Road... I wonder if they had planned Roy Amiibo support at one point?

Shun

It's all good.

What was the name of the sword that would make swordmasters dual wield (I had Hana use it all the time just because it looked cool).

葉隠 hagakure

白夜の霞刀 Mist Blade of White Night

ellfie doesnt sound that bad now that im listening to her voice clips some of them are pretty funny

but yeah its feels like her lines fit rinkah or someone else

im digging oboro a lot :p

Shun

That is a little more deep and rough than I expected it is not bad I like it more but if it was a little more natural?... If the voice was not trying harder to go deeper I would not have mind so much. The character is not too far off the mark just the voice breaks from her unexpected character contrast?

Ophelia is less chuuni an energetic than her dad in english she speak colorful tho?

Is there shared voice in this I feel like the share voices would be a better comparison.

Nobody's got anything on Izana or Arthur though.

im trying to only get a taste of there voices but im really liking a lot of the voices kinda bummed at first this has no dual audio but im happy with the voice acting overall also arthur's voice from the small bit i heard is perfect

Draxal

That is a little more deep and rough than I expected it is not bad I like it more but if it was a little more natural?... If the voice was not trying harder to go deeper I would not have mind so much. The character is not too far off the mark just the voice breaks from her unexpected character contrast?

Ophelia is less chuuni an energetic than her dad in english she speak colorful tho?

Is there shared voice in this I feel like the share voices would be a better comparison.

https://soundcloud.com/agicobot

Shun

Lazwald voice is deeper than I expect compare to how he looks. Hinoka I thought would be deep but this one is kind of rough like how elfie and not so deep.

yeah is odin the same I like this odin. But ophelia seems a too different from Odin.

Hinoka voice should be Crimson voice in this english version in my opinion.

Top Bottom