• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Seda

Hmm, we should probably change that OT title. It's not a big deal, but just might set the wrong tone. Any suggestions for something clever but not so kooky?

GSR

Hmm, we should probably change that OT title. It's not a big deal, but just might set the wrong tone. Any suggestions for something clever but not so kooky?

Yeah, I'm with you on that - combined with the warning in the OP it really leaves a sour taste.

Someone suggested "Nohr does what Hoshidon't", which would be my vote.

Shun

Harold/Arthur plz.

19e6cd3e.jpg

Seda

what's wrong with the OT subtitle anyway?

I understand it's a joke, but you'd be surprised how many will take it at face-value, and a poster made a good point in the OTs about how it offsets the tone of discussion we'd like to take.

Also some of the other mods were pretty vocal in their hate for the subtitle, and I wasn't a fan either.

GSR

what's wrong with the OT subtitle anyway?

It's an incest/waifu/husbando joke, which is going to put a lot of people off to begin with (myself included honestly), and then it's followed up by an OP laying out "ground rules". While the Awakening thread showed a lot of said rules are necessary, combined like this it easily reads as explicit nose-thumbing at people who aren't happy with that element of the game.

There it goes, I guess! For the record it looks like it was Javier who came up with the name:

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr Does What Hoshidon't

I'll keep suggesting this until the day I die.

Chrom

To be honest I don't think I'm a big fan of Nohr/Hoshidon't since it seems like it insinuates a preference or bias of one game over the other. I'd rather it be something equal if it's going to make a reference to the two.

Draxal

Do I need that change character descriptions too?

I think you're fine there.

To be honest I don't think I'm a big fan of Nohr/Hoshidon't since it seems like it insinuates a preference or bias of one game over the other. I'd rather it be something equal if it's going to make a reference to the two.

Agreed, new OT kinda shits on one game ... which isn't a good thing either, but to be fair to Seda and Shun, we failed at giving them good options earlier.

Seda

Do I need that change character descriptions too?

Nah, those seem fine.

It's still a joke like the last title, but less, uh, peculiar.

There was that one Pokemon OT which was titled "Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|" way back when.

Shun

Support spoilers for Nohr, for those who have kept track of the english localization, do they...

Keep how all the Nohr children outside of Marx are illegitimate children from Garon's concubines? As well as the abuse growing up.

I don't really see some of the elements a big issue as they were key in FE4 and 5 as well, but I guess they don't know that.

Draxal

Man, my preference is for Chrom's

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| No We Don't Have Any Special Editions Here

But that can make people salty as well ...

My friend told me something funny, it doesn't matter what side you pick, your parents are still disappointed.
Didn't think about that in fates

Chrom

There was that one Pokemon OT which was titled "Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|" way back when.

If nothing else I do at least prefer it over the original OT subtitle for the aforementioned reasons.

Not sure if there's still any interest in changing it again, but if I could put out any serious suggestion, it'd be something like pulling from Sophie's super-dupity dangerous line. Failing that, there's always OT2!

pariah164

For Fates, maybe make the OT subtitle "On the road to Revelation", since Revelation comes out three weeks after...

I don't know. I've had a long day.

Draxal

Nah, those seem fine.

It's a joke ... but it's a joke that kinda ... brings the old guard vs the new fans again, which is what I thought you were trying to avoid.

GSR

For Fates, maybe make the OT subtitle "On the road to Revelation", since Revelation comes out three weeks after...

I don't know. I've had a long day.

There's a play on "The revolution will not be televised" to be made somewhere, I just know it.

Seda

It's a joke ... but it's a joke that kinda ... brings the old guard vs the new fans again, which is what I thought you were trying to avoid.

Regardless, I think the difference between silly things on the level of #TeamConquest and #TeamBirthright is a bit easier to digest than 'LOL incest'.

And as long as discussion doesn't actually have people flinging mud against their preferences, it's fine.

GSR

Support spoilers for Nohr, for those who have kept track of the english localization, do they...

Keep how all the Nohr children outside of Marx are illegitimate children from Garon's concubines? As well as the abuse growing up.

Going by Elise and Leo's supports, yeah, that backstory is all kept in.

Draxal

Regardless, I think the difference between silly things on the level of #TeamConquest and #TeamBirthright is a bit easier to digest than 'LOL incest'.

And as long as discussion doesn't actually have people flinging mud against their preferences, it's fine.

All good, and you're right in that likely won't happen. /backseatmodding.

pahamrick

Sometimes I feel like I'm weird for liking both the 'old' style Fire Emblem, and the 'new' style. I'll take either, as long as it means more Fire Emblem games.

Thought you were going to reorder it but it was pretty much the same and then you canceled it.

cover art is the same. that's confirmed. my original plan is to get it if the cover art is different. can't remember which store that mention about the cover art, which is actually just a copy paste from the original release.

Chrom

i know the case size is different. the reprint seems more like the standard jewel case. i can't remember if i saw the inside when looking it on YJA last month.

Ah, okay. Interesting if true. I really like how the original release had the emblem and all of the discs in the likeness of each of the five gemstones.

Seda

We already have a page dedicated to topic title disputes. I don't think most realize that I am part of what you call the "old guard" from the SFC era.

That'll settle down when the game is actually out and people have something to discuss.

Chrom

Fire Emblem Fates badges are up in the North American version of Nintendo Badge Arcade! Let the shenanigans begin.

Top Bottom