• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

Lazwald voice is deeper than I expect compare to how he looks. Hinoka I thought would be deep but this one is kind of rough like how elfie and not so deep.

yeah is odin the same I like this odin. But ophelia seems a too different from Odin.

Hinoka voice should be Crimson voice in this english version in my opinion.

Was Crimson/Scarlet confirmed to be Lucina?

Shun

Was Crimson/Scarlet confirmed to be Lucina?

I was confused. I read it as Crimson being Lucina as the same character in the game and thought what kind of doujin are you reading an how you even came to that conclusion. Then I think you mean voice? I do not really know if they are same voice in this game.

L95

I was confused. I read it as Crimson being Lucina as the same character in the game and thought what kind of doujin are you reading an how you even came to that conclusion. Then I think you mean voice? I do not really know if they are same voice in this game.

Don't feel bad, I'm confused too...

Draxal

Oh sorry, I didn't mean that. People were saying Lucina's voice actees played Scarlet/Crimson while Ryoma's was voiced by Crom's voice actor. Didn't mean to ask you, but the community in general.

I really need some sleep.

L95

Interesting that they change the 2nd gen S ranks to BBFs in a lot of cases. (Kanna, Soliel, makes Soliel marrying male avatar kinda strange)

Fates doesn't have recruitment or victory is near themes, does it? I miss those.

As long as it plays the FE theme song in its entirety, I'll be happy. I kinda enjoyed the direction Awakening's recruitment theme went. I was not happy that it did not play the full FE theme, though including it in the battle themes was pretty cool.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Cross-posting from the other thread in case one of you guys know this:

So I have a question for the knowledgeable dudes, when you play Revelations after 1 or 2 of the regular games; do you get to port your characters directly? Or are all the characters basically "reset" in a sense with a pre-selected level and pre-selected stats. So for example, I grind the shit outta Birthright and max out all my chars, do they copied directly into Revelations or are my characters somewhat reset? What about pairings?

Shun

It seems like a lot of localization complaints didn't follow the Japanese release or take into account why there are name changes for Hoshido. Same with why certain supports are the way they are.

the voices may be a hit or miss but the name changes are pretty accurate and they are done for a reason to match up with how the Japanese release changed names for traditional classes to match the Hoshido theme.

I wonder how many posts will be for talking about how
suzukaze
dies.

Maybe you should have been a better friend to him.

GSR

Cross-posting from the other thread in case one of you guys know this:

So I have a question for the knowledgeable dudes, when you play Revelations after 1 or 2 of the regular games; do you get to port your characters directly? Or are all the characters basically "reset" in a sense with a pre-selected level and pre-selected stats. So for example, I grind the shit outta Birthright and max out all my chars, do they copied directly into Revelations or are my characters somewhat reset? What about pairings?

Total reset; Revelation is a separate campaign you start from the branch point in the story, not a continuation of the other two.

There's apparently some NG+ bonuses but I'll leave that to folks who have actually finished a campaign. (Two chapters to go, Conquest...)

lol your right about that but in general with most people iv heard i can generally tell who they are because they still have some sort of similarity to there voice. which is why effies and oboros came as a surprise since they just sounded completely different

So are you guys actually going to bother with the multiplayer at all?

me and my friend will probably take part in online to test our mettle and see how good we really are at these kinds of games (probably really bad)

It seems like a lot of localization complaints didn't follow the Japanese release or take into account why there are name changes for Hoshido. Same with why certain supports are the way they are.

the voices may be a hit or miss but the name changes are pretty accurate and they are done for a reason to match up with how the Japanese release changed names for traditional classes to match the Hoshido theme.

I wonder how many posts will be for talking about how
suzukaze
dies.

Maybe you should have been a better friend to him.
more discussion on
Kaze's death
or Conquest chapter 10 or "guys Mozu is SO GOOD"? taking bets now
Total reset; Revelation is a separate campaign you start from the branch point in the story, not a continuation of the other two.

There's apparently some NG+ bonuses but I'll leave that to folks who have actually finished a campaign. (Two chapters to go, Conquest...)

after you complete a campaign you can save 5(?) units to the logbook, then on a new file you can:

• directly recruit them, although they won't have any supports
  • buy skills off them

that is it right?

Busaiku

So is the multiplayer actually worth checking out?
I doubt I'll bother, since getting through the 3 games will be the priority, but if people are still playing in like March, I'll give it a shot.

Draxal

So is the multiplayer actually worth checking out?
I doubt I'll bother, since getting through the 3 games will be the priority, but if people are still playing in like March, I'll give it a shot.

Worth it for skill buying alone, you'll also need it to get items for buying accessories.

more discussion on
Kaze's death
or Conquest chapter 10 or "guys Mozu is SO GOOD"? taking bets now

after you complete a campaign you can save 5(?) units to the logbook, then on a new file you can:

• directly recruit them, although they won't have any supports
  • buy skills off them

that is it right?

You unlock some new maid/butler - castle chamberlain options as well.

me and my friend will probably take part in online to test our mettle and see how good we really are at these kinds of games (probably really bad)

multiplayer isn't exactly the best indicator of what makes a great Fire Emblem player lol (though of course one who's good at the campaign should be reasonably good at PVP and vice versa)

Top Bottom