• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shun

Yup, not just supports, all the epilogue dialogues all the text for every single instance of the game, quotes.

All the text in a FE game formatted and revised and transcribed onto the site. Interacting with posters and keeping up with series slang and memes.

There are a few regulars but mostly people who contribute part time and it takes a while since we also need to do #FE as well.

Yup, not just supports, all the epilogue dialogues all the text for every single instance of the game, quotes.

All the text in a FE game formatted and revised and transcribed onto the site. Interacting with posters and keeping up with series slang and memes.

There are a few regulars but mostly people who contribute part time and it takes a while since we also need to do #FE as well.

Yeah, I saw the #FE section. Hopefully I can get something done once it arrives in my territory (Europe).

Not trying to brag, but I think I have 90% of the script (chapters, supports, etc.) from Awakening and before on my site ^^

It's a lot of hard work, but there some dedicated and hard-working fans out there. Actually I think I used to collect all the supports before Awakening went overboard with them.

Also, us Westerners don't have localised versions of Binding Blade and before so technically we have to translate everything and then transcribe it XD

At least with New Mystery of the Emblem, I was involved with that translation so I had all the project files, making it easier to collect the game text.

After getting to chapter 2 of Awakening Lunatic and getting stuck and deciding it wasn't very fun, having this much fun with Fates Lunatic has been very, very nice.

Renewed

Not that I know of, but I am hoping to eventually organise a FE event with or without their help (ideally with XD).

I'm sure something can come together. The Toronto event pulled about 300 people so there's a definite interest whether it's hardcore fans or folks who want to learn more about the series and meet other fans.

GSR

I (somewhat unexpectedly) managed to get an English SE at retail price, so question: does anyone know if there's a way to transfer a JP save to the English cart? I thought I heard someone managed to pull that off.

(Obviously it requires homebrew, but that shouldn't be an issue.)

Shun

I (somewhat unexpectedly) managed to get an English SE at retail price, so question: does anyone know if there's a way to transfer a JP save to the English cart? I thought I heard someone managed to pull that off.

I am sad that when putting my NA copy into my JP n3DS, it doesn't read my old stuff.

For this you would have to homebrew and copy the original JP save, go to a save file manager and change the region and inject the save into the game. It's a lot easier to do it if you rip the SE into the SD card but you should be able to do it into the cart too.

I'm way too lazy and homebrew deficient to do it myself tho.

CazTGG

Did most people start with Hoshido?
I tried a wireless battle once, and it was like 70% Hoshido.

Speaking only for myself, I originally planned on starting with Conquest based off the demo I played a week prior to the game's release...then I played the game from the beginning and realized how horrendous the writing was in terms of providing an incentive to side with Nohr aside from being told "they're family" when said familial bonds are only lightly touched upon. While I appreciate the attempt for a more complex storyline on paper, the scenario that spawns these differing paths is framed in such a way that I find it hard to want to choose to side with Nohr after (minor spoilers for pre-chapter 6/Chapter 6):
-King Garon orders you to kill unarmed prisoners
-Said king murdered your father right in front of you and has the gall to talk about "how sad it is to be orphaned at such a young age" before kidnapping you
-Your brother admits to willingly withholding your origins and family
-Two assassination attempts (arguably three with the sword making you fall off the bridge), one of which ended up killing many innocent civilians, your mother and destroying property
-Creating magical abominations to terrorize a nation that shows no signs of hostility until you provoke them
-Said provocation comes from you arriving at the borders near a fort to inspect it as instructed by the father who had a "rehabilitated" criminal that attacks a Hoshido samurai
-Mind manipulation (because that was such a "good" idea in Seisen, though this time it's speculation)

Not that I was expecting an "all sides are equal" presentation of the scenario (in fact, I appreciate that), I just wasn't expecting this writing to be so thoroughly one-sided in portraying the Nohr as monsters and accompanying a poor man's Lyn's Tale, although in fairness Rekka no Ken was a lot simpler in terms of mechanics. Hoshido it is, then.

SaberVulcan

So, I was fortunate enough to get the Special Edition, and I wanted to start with the Revelation path (3rd option)... dear god, I honestly think it is bugged.

Don't want to spoil anything, but you don't seem to be able to use all of the units you should have access to. For example, you very clearly have 4 units in your army, but 2 of them are not usable in missions... and it makes the missions INSANELY difficult. I spent over an hour trying to beat Chapter 8 before giving up and just going to Hoshido so I could actually play.

Anyone else experience this?

I think there's some people on GBAtemp that said that both save files for the JPN and NA version of FE: Fates are the exact same.

So you would simply need to just use a Save Manager and transfer.

Edit: Here's what someone on GBAtemp said:

DeathChaos25 from GBAtemp said:
So, it seems that save data for Fates is universal, as in, any save works on all versions provided you have the content needed.

Take my Japanese SE for example, used svdt to extract the saves from the cartridge, used svdt to inject it into my NA Birthright Cartridge, works like a charm.

My friend has Conquest (NA) with Birthright DLC purchased, copied my save onto his game and it also worked.

So not only is the romfs file structures for the games the exact same across all versions, most of the files are also the exact same, the only differences so far seem to be the translated text files (obviously) and very few changed mechanics such as the Face rubbing/skinship, every other file is an exact match with the same structure and everything as I had pointer here.

King Fost

Neo Member
Man, +Str/-Luck Ninja Corrin is ridiculous, she can ORKO shit from 1-2 range in a game where being able to do that is rare and has good durability all around. She, Camilla, and Xander have been my MVPs with Selena, Jakob, and Beruka being runner ups.

Also I wonder if Takumi was as douchey in his JP introduction because goddamn, it's like the writers are shitting on him at every opportunity for not sucking on Corrin's dick/clit like everyone else. Poor guy, it's like Shinon all over again except even worse.

Named my avatar Nowe because I'm convinced she's functionally retarded on the Conquest route and she's as wishy-washy and causes as much unneeded suffering as the real Nowe does.

PK Gaming

CbtNtrPWwAAx162.jpg

(❛ᴗ❛)9

Pair Up went from broken to me never wanting to use it.

I thought I would be using guard stance more often but I rather like the second attack from attack stance a whole lot

I might have used guard stance once or twice to block an attack stance i couldn't kill but its been pretty rare for now

I'm actually finding Pair Up is still better than Attack Stance about 90% of the time, but I'm glad that it's not as broken as Awakening and that lowmanning isn't as good.

GSR

Pair Up went from broken to me never wanting to use it.

I still use it pretty heavily (Conquest/Hard). Occasionally it runs the risk of getting overwhelmed but the extra stat boosts and dual guard + no enemy dual strikes can be lifesavers.

Busaiku

Main reason I don't use it is cause I haven't really been buying items, and the supports aren't high enough yet for reliable blocks.
It's often much safer to rush.

I don't know where to ask this since the other Fire Emblem threads are either dead or filled with spoilers. I've played and nearly beaten both Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance but that was many years ago.

A long time ago I bought Awakening but eventually the pressures of college meant I had to stop playing. Given that Fates has come out I would like to finish the game but I'm having trouble at this point. I'm at chapter 11 Mad King Gangrel. Does anyone have any advice for this chapter? I feel like I'm forgetting something I'm supposed to be doing as I keep getting swamped and losing people. I'm playing on Hard Classic with character death resets. Also, should I bother with Donnel? I've gotten him up to level 7 so far.

yami4ct

So maybe I'm just an idiot for forgetting, but what are the conditions for getting EXP on a character? I know getting a hit does. How does it work for pair-up/follow up attacks? Is it just if the other character does damage, they get EXP?

CazTGG

So maybe I'm just an idiot for forgetting, but what are the conditions for getting EXP on a character? I know getting a hit does. How does it work for pair-up/follow up attacks? Is it just if the other character does damage, they get EXP?

So far as I can tell, as long as someone does damage, the unit who initiated the attack gains exp. As an example: Mozu starts out relatively weak and will deal little to no damage, so it's best to have her pick off weakened foes and be next to another unit that can guarantee she gains exp. If Mozu will deal 0 damage, but, say, Silas will deal 8 damage, as long as Silas' attack hits, they will both gain exp, even if the unit who initiated the attack does no damage or doesn't finish off the enemy unit.

If the above scenario were in reverse, i.e. Silas initiated the (8) attack and Mozu followed up with an attack that did 0 damage, Silas would be the only unit to gain experience points.

I hope that helps clear things up.

yami4ct

So far as I can tell, as long as someone does damage, the unit who initiated the attack gains exp. As an example: Mozu starts out relatively weak and will deal little to no damage, so it's best to have her pick off weakened foes and be next to another unit that can guarantee she gains exp. If Mozu will deal 0 damage, but, say, Silas will deal 8 damage, as long as Silas' attack hits, they will both gain exp, even if the unit who initiated the attack does no damage or doesn't finish off the enemy unit.

If the above scenario were in reverse, i.e. Silas initiated the (8) attack and Mozu followed up with an attack that did 0 damage, Silas would be the only unit to gain experience points.

I hope that helps clear things up.

Alright, that makes sense. I was trying to figure out how the hell I was going to level Mozu. That'll work.

jnWake

Question from the Awakening noob here. If I marry Chrom to Sumia I don't lose the chance to get Sumia's daughter right? Same for marrying the Avatar to any girl.

Renewed

You can visit my castle here
00289-64582
37922-02202

Got to chapter 8 before calling it a night yesterday, and now my little brother is farther along than I am. I need more time to play or I'll finish Birthright by the end of the month.

Edit: And in the end, I didn't play at all today. He should have had the common sense to use his own 3DS at least. And maybe not play for 8 hours before I got home to tell him to do his homework. Shit I'm fuming.

Shun

I think there's some people on GBAtemp that said that both save files for the JPN and NA version of FE: Fates are the exact same.

So you would simply need to just use a Save Manager and transfer.

Edit: Here's what someone on GBAtemp said:

Cool, thanks! I'll take a look at that and see if I can get it working.

(இдஇ)

I tried this and it didn't work with my JP SE save. Maybe because my saves have all the DLC on it and it has all JP text that is why it won't move over.

That or I am completely homebrew dumb and I need a tutorial for this.

Draxal

01684-86578
96806-11119

Come say hi.

Yours looks so much like mine.
Visited, mine's
11441-16303
49468-18835

I'll leave it here as well

06461-72942
19939-53797

You two have the most interesting fort names so far.

feel free and visit and kill my archer self

You can visit my castle here
00289-64582
37922-02202

Got to chapter 8 before calling it a night yesterday, and now my little brother is farther along than I am. I need more time to play or I'll finish Birthright by the end of the month.

Added you two as well.

Mine
00621-51378
28526-34431

The Sety/Leen art upset me so much I decided to go with my new bae Takumi.

Also lol Ryouma, you can hear about how great he is for like 6 months and still be overwhelmed at how ridiculous he is.

GSR

(இдஇ)

I tried this and it didn't work with my JP SE save. Maybe because my saves have all the DLC on it and it has all JP text that is why it won't move over.

That or I am completely homebrew dumb and I need a tutorial for this.

My English SE hasn't arrived yet, but I think it might be slightly more complex than using a save manager. Once it does I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Shun

My English SE hasn't arrived yet, but I think it might be slightly more complex than using a save manager. Once it does I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Please do thank you. I would rather not completely start all over again, too many lv. 99 and support grinding for me to have to go through all that again.

Top Bottom