• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just out of a sense of curiosity, does the 'my castle' battle/visit counter stack for all of your playthroughs?

I only ask because grinding out all of visits/battles would be a giant pain in the ass to do again, even if the materials themselves aren't that bad once you get Tier 2/3 mines rolling.

jnWake

Continuing with LTTP Awakening (especially now haha), I married Nowi and Kellam. Kinda creepy how they went from "big sister" to married. I should've married him to Sully instead.

Marrying is kind of stressful. I just realized I have no males available for poor Olivia in my active party and I don't really want to grind support with a character I'm not using. Also I need to marry Lissa and Maribelle but they're close... I hope.

spiritfox

I'll ask here I guess. Do offensive skills stack in Fates i.e. You can equip more than 1 and they will all activate? How about during a fight, can you proc more than once an attack?

Renewed

I'll ask here I guess. Do offensive skills stack in Fates i.e. You can equip more than 1 and they will all activate? How about during a fight, can you proc more than once an attack?

You can load up multiple attack skills but they won't stack on one attack. If you can double hit, you can activate something like Sol the first time, and then Luna for the second hit.

Draxal

Finally got the Flame Shuriken for Felicia. Her combat efficiency increased 5 times with it, I"m thinking I should have just made her a strategist from the beginning.

Serious

Finally got 10 down on Lunatic. Odin died a few turns before the end, but I wasn't going to use him anyway, so it's not that big a deal...although now that I think about it, you can grind relationships with Castle battles, so I could have gotten Ophelia (and the XP from her map). Oh well. I'm not sure how well I could replicate that again, although it actually went incredibly smoothly besides that death.

Archer Mozume's doing pretty well. Second bow user was great to have. Didn't have any issues feeding her even as a Villager, although I wish I realized I could class change pre-10 earlier.

The XP penalty overleveled (and more importantly promoted) units get is pretty ridiculous. I'd love to start working on Elise's tome rank, but nothing on Chapter 11 would give more than 1 XP.

Shun

no no no no no no no you need odin.

you need him not just for his child, but because those two are the greatest characters in the game.

GSR

Cross-posting from the OT:

Conquest/Hard/Classic second-to-last chapter:

ATdvCLH.jpg

Conquest/Hard/Classic last chapter:

I do think
making you restart from 27 if you lose on Endgame
is honestly fake difficulty though.
27 is easy enough to clear but takes a good 5-10 minutes, plus a little bit to skip all the cutscenes. And then you have to redo your prep for the final chapter
. So I'm
backing up a suspend-save on turn 1 of Endgame and restoring from it when I lose
and I do not feel guilty at all.

That said lol fighting
Garon
with an Axebreaker Corrin. 0% chance to get hit all day every day

(Playing the Japanese version by the way before someone asks.)

Xenoflare

Camilla: doing 0 damage to my party all day every day apparently

She wrecks all enemies but is unfortunately is the most the character who died from crits the most.

4 times

I also have mixed feelings about her voice, if she doesn't lowers her voice all the way to the bottom it's actually pretty good

She wrecks all enemies but is unfortunately is the most the character who died from crits the most.

4 times

I also have mixed feelings about her voice, if she doesn't lowers her voice all the way to the bottom it's actually pretty good

I'm talking about her as a boss in Birthright, obviously as a unit she's top tier.

anyway chapter 23 done, once you figure out how to deal with the opening wave it's fairly simple

Xenoflare

I'm talking about her as a boss in Birthright, obviously as a unit she's top tier.

anyway chapter 23 done, once you figure out how to deal with the opening wave it's fairly simple

I know, I just saw Camilla popping up and I had to share her unlucky escapades.

Her dialogue with Hinoka in Chapter 11 conquest is 10/10

Deal with it

Shun

I'm still legit sad that Mikoto is his real mom and you can't hook up with her.

But that is what Ophelia, Matoi, and Hinoka are for I guess. ( ´,_ゝ`)

and Odin and Leon too.

L95

so it sounds like treehouse completely wrecked Saizou's and Berka's C support

NA support
JP support

On one hand, this is amazing and reminds me of that hacked Jaffar/Rath support, on the other, that looks like one of the more serious/interesting conversations Fates had to offer and they nuked it. (at least B-S are still the same, I hear) :U

On one hand, this is amazing and reminds me of that hacked Jaffar/Rath support, on the other, that looks like one of the more serious/interesting conversations Fates had to offer and they nuked it. (at least B-S are still the same, I hear) :U

that's the most hilarious/sad part

they kept the B-S the same, so it acted like they had a convo in C so either they couldn't follow up from their 'brilliant' localization or not everyone got the joke

Azuran

Banned
Maybe it's a bug or they didn't finish the support? Seems a bit weird for such a big change when the rest are still the same.

It's probably a bug if they kept everything else the same, but hey, it's not like people will care. It's just more fuel for the vocal complainer to cry about.

yami4ct

As someone who's favorite class is Swordmaster, I feel so spoiled by Birthright. I've got 2 Samurai fairly early and the Spear Fighter captures a lot of what I like about that class as well. How am I supposed to juggle all these cool units? This is also the first FE to really sell me on the Pegasus Knight. Hinoka is so good and Subaki isn't a slouch either.

Still not sure what I'm doing for Supports. For my first run through, I tend to see what supports sort of shake out naturally instead of planning marriages for uber kids. Nothing's jumped out so far. Mozu and Silas have ended up pairing up a lot, so I might take that one all the way. Doesn't seem like too bad a combo. Their support conversations are pretty cute as well.

Man this is the first game I've played with such a controversial localization

In before people telling me this is nothing

People pretty much always bitch about Localization. FE (and Treehouse in general) tends to get it a bit more because they oftentimes have a bit of fun with it.

Draxal

10174786_10205892679943976_7545064504733669862_n.jpg

Honestly, the localization isn't great but treehouse kinda had nothing to deal with it.

As for Conquest's legendarily bad story, I honestly think Revelations was kinda split off from that and thus Rev and Conquest's story are both fucked up as a result.

NeonZ

They've taken quite a bit of creative liberty with some supports and even some side-story dialogue, but haven't touched the main story (Conquest) as far as I've seen. I just can't get their priorities there.

Draxal

I'm still legit sad that Mikoto is his real mom and you can't hook up with her.

But that is what Ophelia, Matoi, and Hinoka are for I guess. ( ´,_ゝ`)

and Odin and Leon too.

Oye, I was going to pick Matoi and Ophelia for BRight and Conquest respectively ...

CazTGG

Birthright Chapter 17 is a wonderful little subversion of a map, albeit it does feel like said subversion ends up being more of a means to gain more EXP.

Weebos

Banned

I think some it comes from half of this series having no official localization. When people get used to fan translations they start thinking
they're good

I remember people being mad about some Awakening changes as well, but I think the furor around this game has more to do with the current games climate than anything else specific to this game.

Draxal

I think some it comes from half of this series having no official localization. When people get used to fan translations they start thinking
they're good

I remember people being mad about some Awakening changes as well, but I think the furor around this game has more to do with the current games climate than anything else specific to this game.

The series has blown up since before Awakening's release.

AVEYN, is there anyway to check how many users have their favorite listed game and what game (I know I have Seisen listed on mine.).

Weebos

Banned
The series has blown up since before Awakening's release.

AVEYN, is there anyway to check how many users have their favorite listed game and what game (I know I have Seisen listed on mine.).

I don't think Awakening fans are the ones complaining about localization though, but that is just my assumption.

Draxal

I don't think Awakening fans are the ones complaining about localization though, but that is just my assumption.

Some are; think most of the older fans are upset about fan service and stupid story over the localization (even though they might be upset about the localization as well).

Moonlight

Banned
Plenty of Awakening fans are, and should probably look up the meaning of cognitive dissonance.

...that said, from the compare/contrasts that I've seen, Fates is way more liberal about the original text than I'm comfortable with, and I like to think of myself as pretty lenient about that. Not appreciative of what happened to Effie and a good portion of the context of the supports as originally written, even if overall I appreciate Treehouse's principle of colour to their translations.

CazTGG

People will always complain about the localization of a dialogue-heavy game like Fates, it's just that said complaints have been accompanied by the ethics crowd in regards to the removal of the face-rubbing minigame among other changes like Soleil, not to mention that unless you know Japanese, the only way to understand the story for several Fire Emblem games (1-6 and 12) is through fan translations since many of them remain unreleased in North America, thus some might expect a more literal than liberal localization effort, even if some things don't quite translate between cultures. That's not to say there's nothing to criticize about the localization or that those who criticize it fall into the above, just that said criticism is largely overblown.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
this is something i'd like to know as well, anyone?

Just out of a sense of curiosity, does the 'my castle' battle/visit counter stack for all of your playthroughs?

I only ask because grinding out all of visits/battles would be a giant pain in the ass to do again, even if the materials themselves aren't that bad once you get Tier 2/3 mines rolling.

Xenoflare

People will always complain about the localization of a dialogue-heavy game like Fates, it's just that said complaints have been accompanied by the ethics crowd in regards to the removal of the face-rubbing minigame among other changes like Soleil, not to mention that unless you know Japanese, the only way to understand the story for several Fire Emblem games (1-6 and 12) is through fan translations since many of them remain unreleased in North America, thus some might expect a more literal than liberal localization effort, even if some things don't quite translate between cultures. That's not to say there's nothing to criticize about the localization or that those who criticize it fall into the above, just that said criticism is largely overblown.

I think it's because Awakening never had the amount of attention fixated on it when it came out in Japan. The anticipation for Fates is much larger and thus more people are following it since it's Japanese release and people get attached to whatever they see in them and will react negatively for the most part if it's changed.

Top Bottom