• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

The one thing I really hate about Fates and Awakening is that it takes Fire Emblem's already fucked up time line, and makes it worse than Zelda's timeline. I'm an enabler though, since I collect the card game stuff.

Lunar15

The one thing I really hate about Fates and Awakening is that it takes Fire Emblem's already fucked up time line, and makes it worse than Zelda's timeline. I'm an enabler though, since I collect the card game stuff.

I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem never had a timeline. This just kind of says, hey, there's all these different universes and here's a gate that connects them!

Draxal

I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem never had a timeline. This just kind of says, hey, there's all these different universes and here's a gate that connects them!

It was 4 (5 as a midquel) > 1(11) > 2 > 3(12). With 7 > 6; 8; and 9>10 taking place in their own universes. 13 is now after 3(12) and after 9>10. 14 takes way place in the past, but it includes the second generation of 13.

Now it's just all intermixed and doesn't make any sense.

I doubt they care about the timeline. better yes, they never considered one, they just had ideas and went with it.

Still its odd Sacred Stones is standing solo.

Lunar15

It was 4 (5 as a midquel) > 1(11) > 2 > 3(12). With 7 > 6; 8; and 9>10 taking place in their own universes. 13 is now after 3(12) and after 9>10. 14 takes way place in the past, but it includes the second generation of 13.

Now it's just all intermixed and doesn't make any sense.

I've been telling you, it's just gundam. It's Gundam.

Although, I never realized 4/5 were prequels to 1-3

Draxal

I've been telling you, it's just gundam. It's Gundam.

Although, I never realized 4/5 were prequels to 1-3

I hear ya, as Gundam's basically telling the same story over and over again and that's what Fire Emblem does and Camus is basically Char.

Here's a really convoluted history of 1(11)-2-3(12)-4-5-13.

http://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Archanea,_Valentia_and_Jugdral

This is Zelda bad!

Shun, I need a Setsuna from Fates and Setsuna from Gundam 00 fanfiction asap.

jnWake

2438319-dkhx.png

This will forever be the best Nintendo timeline.

King Fost

Neo Member
Man, fuck Wary Fighter Generals. Chapter 26 spams them and gives nearly all of them weapons like Beast Killers and Hammers and they're bulky to the point where Xander 4HKOs him even with an S rank Charlotte pair up.

Seriously, fuck whoever decided that was a fun thing to include.

GSR

Man, fuck Wary Fighter Generals. Chapter 26 spams them and gives nearly all of them weapons like Beast Killers and Hammers and they're bulky to the point where Xander 4HKOs him even with an S rank Charlotte pair up.

Seriously, fuck whoever decided that was a fun thing to include.

I know exactly where you're talking about. I wound up using Beruka and Dragonstone+ Corrin (both with partners) as walls for the first chunk of enemies. In my case Beruka had Rally Defense and Rally Strength from class changing, so I had her fall back, Rally to help Corrin and a backup Odin, and then get Azura'd to get back in line.

My main advice is keep an eye on which enemies have which weapon. Once you get the Beast Killers out of the way, you can send in Xander and Keaton for relief, or Effie once the hammer bros. are gone.

Renewed

I tried the Robin amiibo fight to see what I would be up against. I didn't expect to win, but things like Hex to cut my HP in half is nasty.

King Fost

Neo Member
I know exactly where you're talking about. I wound up using Beruka and Dragonstone+ Corrin (both with partners) as walls for the first chunk of enemies. In my case Beruka had Rally Defense and Rally Strength from class changing, so I had her fall back, Rally to help Corrin and a backup Odin, and then get Azura'd to get back in line.

My main advice is keep an eye on which enemies have which weapon. Once you get the Beast Killers out of the way, you can send in Xander and Keaton for relief, or Effie once the hammer bros. are gone.

I don't have a Corrin that can use a Dragonstone (she's a Master Ninja) but I think I have come up with a strategy for dealing with the generals and berserkers, which is mostly Xander breaking down the left door, clearing out the initial onslaught of Berserkers, and then having him, Camilla, Selena, and Azura running back, sometimes luring a Spear general while trying to keep out of Iago's staff range. Meanwhile Leo, Nina, Beruka, and Corrin sneak in the right side, luring a couple of the generals over and taking out the maids.

Moral victory though, Hans is a joke.

welp the game just crashed on me for the first time

I almost finished chapter 25 too!

edit: ok this isn't a coincidence it crashed twice on the same sequence

Busaiku

I don't want a non-grinding game again.
I feel so bad for all the characters getting left behind.
Didn't feel bad pre-Awakening, but now I'm way too attached to all the characters.

I don't want a non-grinding game again.
I feel so bad for all the characters getting left behind.
Didn't feel bad pre-Awakening, but now I'm way too attached to all the characters.

i wonder how i did it in the earlier games

i mean at least there's a third path where you can grind
almost
everyone

Okay my first impression of Setsuna was that she was awful, am I wrong? Even redundacy with Takumi aside she just seemed to have terrible starting offense.

yami4ct

Boy. Chapter 10 Birthright is something. I don't mean that in a bad way. I don't think it's an unfair map at all. It's just taken me a few goes to wrap my head around it. If you're going to make a tougher version of Awakening, that's one way to go.

My biggest problem is probably due to the fact I'm leaving some of my powered up units behind to grind EXP and supports. I should probably just breakout my core squad.

Busaiku

It's been a while, and it's hard to tell when I maxed out everyone, but didn't Olivia have pretty decent growths.
Azura just disgusts me.

Maybe it's more so the fact that you need good builds again, and can't just toil away maxing everything.
But still, her darn 20 HP...

Xenoflare

It's been a while, and it's hard to tell when I maxed out everyone, but didn't Olivia have pretty decent growths.
Azura just disgusts me.

Maybe it's more so the fact that you need good builds again, and can't just toil away maxing everything.

Fates' HP growth and caps across all units are quite low, units with higher than 35 HP is considered good in this game unless you are maxing.

Renewed

Azura just disgusts me.

You don't expect a unit that starts as a Dancer-type to have good growths for survival, but damn. Hell I think the HP growths in general hate me. Or they're worse than Awakening (maybe so you can't make a one-man army).

You don't expect a unit that starts as a Dancer-type to have good growths for survival, but damn. Hell I think the HP growths in general hate me. Or they're worse than Awakening (maybe so you can't make a one-man army).

Awakening growths were megainflated, to the point where Fates is noticeably lower yet still has one of the highest growth spreads overall in the series (though HP has taken a real nerf).

Anyway I think I should not bother with enemy stat collection for the last 3 chapters of Birthright Lunatic

no really below is spoilers

RIP Elise

Busaiku

Darn it, you marking it as spoilers just spoiled it for me.
Before I thought you just gave up on resetting,
and I was not paying much attention to the version

Renewed

Awakening growths were megainflated, to the point where Fates is noticeably lower yet still has one of the highest growth spreads overall in the series (though HP has taken a real nerf).

That would make sense, holy hell I can get 8 level ups and maybe 2 points in HP.

Lissa is indeed an asshole.

Oh so the Great Knight would be Freddy. And the other jobber is that Chrome guy. Geeez

I'm just about to place an order for a box of Cipher Series 3.

Fingers crossed UK customs don't slam me with yet another expensive bill.

Also, how did I do? It's not exactly the same, but tried my best to mimic the game.

Weebos

Banned
Awakening did that too for some of its spotpass battles, but they must have gotten lazy at some point because you can tell when they quit.

Yeah, I remember noticing that for some Spotpass battles. Lyn's in particular was neat as it included all the characters from her story.

Draxal

I'm just about to place an order for a box of Cipher Series 3.

Fingers crossed UK customs don't slam me with yet another expensive bill.

Also, how did I do? It's not exactly the same, but tried my best to mimic the game.

I think that's really cool. Good luck on pulling a signed Ike, although I think the money card in the set is Elincia (especially signed) and Female Hoshido Noble Corrin.

I just got a payment request for the DVD and Cipher Guidebook today as well.

King Fost

Neo Member
Finished Conquest and am on Chapter 10 of Birthright Lunatic.

Overall, Conquest was pretty good. It had some really good maps and the cast was decently balanced, though it favors the royals way too much. It's up there with the gameplay and level design but I think FE5, FE6, and FE12 surpass it. The game has some moments of shitty design, like some of the bosses being impossible to hit due to high avoid + FE6 throne bonuses and stuff like Chapter 19, 20, 26, and Endgame, which are all pretty shitty maps. The difficulty on this mode is overstated, you'll be fine as long as you think. I got away with plenty of suboptimal decisions throughout the game.

Story is better than Awakening's (not a difficult feat) but still dire. The main killer is not the characterization or plot devices but the pacing; nothing happens for most of the game and it has the most filler out of any FE game I've played. The villains are also terrible and the Hoshido royals get butchered in how they're characterized. I also hate how Takumi gets demonized, even though he's the only one with a realistic reaction.

As for Birthright, it's just really boring so far and Lunatic is a joke, much easier than Conquest Hard.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Attempting to pick up Birthright from Amazon (had Rewards points that you can't use on pre-orders), but it is currently out of stock. Guessing that means it's doing pretty well on Day One!

Really looking forward to starting this up, as I really enjoyed Awakening. I'll pick up Conquest at some point if I love Birthright as much as I think I will.

Why do we complain loudly about localization parts we hate and not praise the good changes?

Note: I never knew localization problems existed. As in fans cared about 100% straight localization. But that doesn't mean harass the team that worked on it, it surprise me how much hate their was on Twitter and other sites

Draxal

Total Class Count of PCs (non capturable, promoted char counts if they have the skills of the base class)) First number includes promoted count.

Nohr Princ(ess) (1)
Songstress (1)
Cavaliers (6, 2 promoted).
Knight (3)
Fighter (2)
Merc (3)
Outlaw (4, 1 promoted, 1 dlc)
Wyvern Rider (4, 2 promoted)
Dark Mage (4, 1 promoted)
Troubadour (6, 3 promoted)
Wolfskin (2)
Samurai (5, 2 promoted)
Ninja (4)
Villager (1)
Herb Merchant (2, 1 promoted)
Oni Savage (1)
Diviner (4, 1 promoted)
Monk/Shrine Maiden (3)
Spear Fighter (2)
Sky Knight (5, 1 promoted)
Archer (3)
Kitsune (2)

Why do we complain loudly about localization parts we hate and not praise the good changes?

Note: I never knew localization problems existed. As in fans cared about 100% straight localization. But that doesn't mean harass the team that worked on it, it surprise me how much hate their was on Twitter and other sites

Shitting on Nintendo localizations has practically become a meme at this point. I personally think the localization is fine for the most part. That said, the removal of swimsuits is probably the stupidest instance of censorship I've ever seen (And yes it is censorship in this case since Xenoblade X kept the swimsuits in all territories) and the Saizo/Bureka C-support is downright inexcusable. Taking out characterization for a stupid joke. Good job, Treehouse.

CazTGG

Finished up Birthright. A marked improvement over Awakening in almost all areas. Almost. The writing, while more ambitious than Awakening, doesn't really succeed save for a scarce moment or so and it really drags in the later chapters towards the inevitable conclusion along with some rather contrived and predictable moments. Not looking forward to Conquest if Birthright is the best of the three stories and people keep saying Conquest is the worst.

Shun

Give me Altenna and Katarina first.

Depends on the art too and the usefulness as a card.

There is other seiyuu I like more. Too bad Fire Emblem will never get these voices or Asami Imai. Too expensive. #FE was the exception, and even then the most expensive voices were probably Kiria, Yashiro, and Tiki.

My list of to go voices

shuuichi ikeda
touru furuya
unshou ishizuka
kanichi kurita
daisuke ono
hiroshi kamiya

kotono mitsuishi
maaya sakamoto
romi park
rie tanaka
kana hanazawa
saori hayami

Draxal

I only got one signed card (Flora-Ai aikuma); I really don't care either way. I'm just wondering if the signed cards are really pushing box sales.

Shun

No but really I will cave when Katarina and Altenna get something good.

I am still irritated that only the male character in each route have a unique divine weapon.

No GaeBolg/Gungnir or Swanchika equivalent for Hinoka/Camilla

Draxal

No but really I will cave when Katarina and Altenna get something good.

I am still irritated that only the male character in each route have a unique divine weapon.

No GaeBolg/Gungnir or Swanchika equivalent for Hinoka/Camilla

Yeah, two many swords, and axe and spear and another bow and tome would have done wonders.

Top Bottom