• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shun

no yuki kaji in your list, shun? i'm sad :V :V :V

Don't be so sarcastic. You were complaining about his casting for gyakuten saiban tv anime too.

i don't like him. like how i hate kenichi suzumura voice. (。◕ฺˇε ˇ◕ฺ。)

yami4ct

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like Birthright Chapter 11 might be one of the toughest Rout the Enemy maps I've played. Those flying units were absolute bastards with their movement range and their propensity to double strike at the worst moments. I had a hard time dealing with them all when it felt like my 2 archers, 2 sky knights, my oni warrior and the kinshi knight recruit were the only units I felt I could bait them with. Had to abuse the kinshi more than I'd like and rush her down the bottom side to take out the falcon knight. That particular unit was a monster.

Are pre-promotes still traps in this game? I'm not familiar enough with the promotion ins and outs in Fates to know if there is some way to get extra levels on them. I should probably know that before I hit Conquest and EXP actually matters.

Prepromotes are never traps, Reina is really good for this map. Try to abuse the Dragon's Vein and funnel the enemies into place where you can keep people safe while letting Takumi go to town.

Renewed

Oh man visiting Castles right now and using the perspective change to 3D to see the Arena... it's so perfect lmao

qb606Qn.jpg

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like Birthright Chapter 11 might be one of the toughest Rout the Enemy maps I've played. Those flying units were absolute bastards with their movement range and their propensity to double strike at the worst moments. I had a hard time dealing with them all when it felt like my 2 archers, 2 sky knights, my oni warrior and the kinshi knight recruit were the only units I felt I could bait them with. Had to abuse the kinshi more than I'd like and rush her down the bottom side to take out the falcon knight. That particular unit was a monster.

Are pre-promotes still traps in this game? I'm not familiar enough with the promotion ins and outs in Fates to know if there is some way to get extra levels on them. I should probably know that before I hit Conquest and EXP actually matters.

My Orochi was taking down the Wyverns in a single hit on Birthright Hard and it gave me a lot more freedom as I baited the fliers with tougher units under the Dragon Vein.

yami4ct

Prepromotes are never traps, Reina is really good for this map. Try to abuse the Dragon's Vein and funnel the enemies into place where you can keep people safe while letting Takumi go to town.

My Orochi was taking down the Wyverns in a single hit on Birthright Hard and it gave me a lot more freedom as I baited the fliers with tougher units under the Dragon Vein.

That ended up being my strategy here.

I've split levels between Orochi and Hayto in my run, so neither could OHKO and Wyvern on Hard for me. Together it worked out, so I just baited Wyverns with Rinka and let them demolish them. Oboro baited in Pegasus knights for Sestuna to take out and I was moving Takumi around as needed to snipe. Putting Hinoka and Subaki in adjacent squares really, really worked as well. Hinoka baited and with her Guard Nagainata took almost no damage, well the two together OHKOed any non-axe 1 range unit. So many counter kills.

Not only is Reina a good unit, she also gains experience faster than you'd think, because she has -5 to her internal level.

That ended up being my strategy here.

I've split levels between Orochi and Hayto in my run, so neither could OHKO and Wyvern on Hard for me. Together it worked out, so I just baited Wyverns with Rinka and let them demolish them. Oboro baited in Pegasus knights for Sestuna to take out and I was moving Takumi around as needed to snipe. Putting Hinoka and Subaki in adjacent squares really, really worked as well. Hinoka baited and with her Guard Nagainata took almost no damage, well the two together OHKOed any non-axe 1 range unit. So many counter kills.

Wait a minute you're using both Orochi and Hayato in your run?

yeesh hope you don't have too much trouble carrying two weak units

Some early Revelation thoughts:
  • Either my SE is glitched, or this is way too easy so far on Lunatic (Cleared Ch. 7, 8, and 9 without a reset).
  • Mozu was Lv. 11 after her Paralogue + Ch. 8. Giving her targets to shoot was that easy.
  • Here comes the mon-ayyyyy. Here comes the monay. Monay monay monay monay monay monay monay monay mon-ayyyy (and weapons too).
  • All this shit was stolen from Conquest, wasn't it!? WASN'T IT!? >:[
  • I swear Revelation Ch. 9 took me longer than Conquest Ch. 20. >.>
  • All these maps so far take way longer than a Conquest map.
  • Ew, Rinkah. Out-classed by generic Oni Savages.
  • Full disclosure: I went +Mag, -Lck unlike I'm-not-sure-what-I-chose-for-Conquest-but-it-definitely-wasn't-Mag. Still, I'm pretty sure the enemies there could tank a Dragonstone hit...
  • I'm pretty sure the North Pole has less snow than this. :\

Draxal

Some early Revelation thoughts:
  • Either my SE is glitched, or this is way too easy so far on Lunatic (Cleared Ch. 7, 8, and 9 without a reset).
  • Mozu was Lv. 11 after her Paralogue + Ch. 8. Giving her targets to shoot was that easy.
  • Here comes the mon-ayyyyy. Here comes the monay. Monay monay monay monay monay monay monay monay mon-ayyyy (and weapons too).
  • All this shit was stolen from Conquest, wasn't it!? WASN'T IT!? >:[
  • I swear Revelation Ch. 9 took me longer than Conquest Ch. 20. >.>
  • All these maps so far take way longer than a Conquest map.
  • Ew, Rinkah. Out-classed by generic Oni Savages.
  • Full disclosure: I went +Mag, -Lck unlike I'm-not-sure-what-I-chose-for-Conquest-but-it-definitely-wasn't-Mag. Still, I'm pretty sure the enemies there could tank a Dragonstone hit...
  • I'm pretty sure the North Pole has less snow than this. :\

Yeah, Rev is really slow.

early Revelation has some absurd stats on the enemies (they hit HARD....if they hit, but I cheesed this route so hard)

but yeah the map design also doesn't exactly make things difficult for you either considering you can lure enemies one at a time

Corrin is also massively overleveled for me lol (largely cause I'm not using any of these early Hoshidans except Subaki)

spiritfox

I wonder if the sales numbers mean that IS will continue to use the Awakening model for their next game instead of changing it up as usual. I would like to see an older style FE but that seems a bit unlikely now.

Yeah, Rev is really slow.

Please tell me this gets fixed later on. :(

early Revelation has some absurd stats on the enemies (they hit HARD....if they hit, but I cheesed this route so hard)

but yeah the map design also doesn't exactly make things difficult for you either considering you can lure enemies one at a time

Corrin is also massively overleveled for me lol (largely cause I'm not using any of these early Hoshidans except Subaki)

Please tell me the AI stops being GBA-tier and will actually attempt to kill me. :(

And yeah, my Corrin's way over-levelled too. Even Azura and Felicia, not that they're any good to me in combat, but still. lol

NeonZ

I wonder if the sales numbers mean that IS will continue to use the Awakening model for their next game instead of changing it up as usual. I would like to see an older style FE but that seems a bit unlikely now.

Aside from some narrative issues (less political story and world building due to no narrator or replacement for it) an older style FE would be basically something like Conquest but with less to do between chapters. I really can't see that happening since the game would be just seen as feature lacking compared to the other recent releases.

Weebos

Banned
I think Fates has moved closer to older games than Awakening was already, especially and obviously Conquest. If they keep inching in that direction I think they will find a great middle ground.

It seems like they might continue doing the Two Games thing too, which only increasing the likelihood to me.

spiritfox

Aside from some narrative issues (less political story and world building due to no narrator or replacement for it) an older style FE would be basically something like Conquest but with less to do between chapters. I really can't see that happening since the game would be just seen as feature lacking compared to the other recent releases.

I guess I meant story-wise. I have no real complaints with the game mechanics outside of children being mostly tacked on.

Draxal

Please tell me this gets fixed later on. :(

Please tell me the AI stops being GBA-tier and will actually attempt to kill me. :(

And yeah, my Corrin's way over-levelled too. Even Azura and Felicia, not that they're any good to me in combat, but still. lol

I was playing hard/casual cuz i'm lazy and like to use battle saves for super long maps. But my corrin was like level 13 after the first rev map. The first stage throws so many enemies.

I kinda don't like Rev that much, it just throws so many useless units at you and I feel compelled to grind those to get the kids. Fortunately my main combat units aren't really leveling from this as the lower level ones are doing all the work.

Rev is pretty much having all the good royals and other prepromotes doing the work for you.

Draxal

It's probably the greatest time ever to be a fire emblem fan.

We got all the great artwork coming from the card game, the latest game is doing incredibly well in the states/japan and is a massive refinement from the previous game, and there's even a new Kaga game for the old school fans.

Never thought I'd see this day.

Chrom

We got all the great artwork coming from the card game, the latest game is doing incredibly well in the states/japan and is a massive refinement from the previous game, and there's even a new Kaga game for the old school fans.

Plus Smash Bros. now has six playable Fire Emblem characters. None of whom are Chrom, but still.

Intelligent System obviously listen to some extent about the criticism about their games, I wonder what the Next Fire Emblem game will be like.

Draxal

I had no doubt that they were going to fix the gameplay after Awakening (which honestly was pretty rushed; had to make that early window for the 3DS).

It's pretty much like how NMoE >>> SD in gameplay.

PK Gaming

And we had to weather so many (so many) silly things to get this far

It feels great though, hopefully FE keeps the momentum going

Yeah, the mere fact that they took the time to overhaul Awakening's mechanics is just a super positive out of all of this.
Yeah, seeing what a massive step up even Birthright is showed me that the franchise's future will be fine. I'd love better writing but what we have right now.is great.

ngl My Castle overall is the best new thing this game has, even if some things (lol Private Quarters/Hot Springs) are stupid
For the hissy fit I and many others threw over its reveal it really is like the most inoffensive thing. Silly, sure, but completely ignorable.

Moonlight

Banned
ngl My Castle overall is the best new thing this game has, even if some things (lol Private Quarters/Hot Springs) are stupid
My Castle's presence removed Anna's secret shops worst feature 0/10

yeah My Castle is legit awesome and would gladly keep it around for every game from here on out

Shun

Add more avoidable and not avoidable deaths. Just to spite people who think they need to get ever unit ever.

Like choose one or the other. DID CRIMSON GET TO HAVE A HAPPY ENDING NO SHE DIDNT.

Plus bring back actual time lapse from Seisen if you want 2nd gen.

Bring back fatigue refine capturing. A lot of stuff taken from seisen/thracia that should be refined more.
Nice.

Not as good as this though : P

TYTdLGi.png

L95

I thought that girl Dragon thing that brings you there had a great design, kinda hate it they wasted that

Yeah, and along with other spoilery things surrounding her, she really, really should've had a bigger main plot role, and it seems like the writers dumped her lol

CazTGG

Yeah, Rinkah was not very good during my Birthright playthrough. Only real use was taking out knights/generals with a hammer which even then was done better by Saizo. My Castle is a great new feature, though it is a bit annoying that you have to spend DVP in order to raise stat caps for characters. I can somewhat understand that for "characters that are close to ____" but the initial cap raise is kind of silly.

L95

I could never shake the resemblence to a Neopet.

It's them bigass eyes.

You know, before Fates was released in Japan (and before we knew Lilith had a human form) I was hoping Lilith would grow up or something into some majestic fishdragon if you fed her enough.

Top Bottom