• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

PK Gaming

On the subject of liberal changes to the game, apparently someone is working on expanding the same-sex options in Fates via an unofficial patch. Seems interesting: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fire-emblem-fates-expanded-same-sex-marriage-patch-wip.416109/

top_0035_zps8mt4afmz.png

I saw the Sakura x Hana S-rank play out on youtube, and it was pretty dang great. Just a massive dose of adorableness mixed with a few touching moments.

This isn't something i'd mess around with myself, but it'd be cool if someone uploaded all of them to youtube.

Draxal

I heard about that, I'm not sure what to think. It comes across as sort of arrogant and entitled - I can understand where the Team IF retranslation and Torrential Downpour things were coming from in terms of pursuing a more 'faithful' translation, but this seems to take things a step further to actively distort the characters, with no respect for the original game.

Imho, whatever they want to do with the game is none of my business. I won't engage in it, like I won't engage .... the wonderful world of fujoshi fanworks.

Those fluctuating deployment numbers in Revelation lol, oh well the 3 upcoming royal dudes and their support bots will probably fill out the final team.

jzbluz

PK Gaming

It's like fanfiction! I think it's a cute idea, but I'm somewhat indifferent to the fan's efforts. I do hope hope that IS improves the variety of S-ranks for the next FE. I want my platonic endings back.

Yeah, I doubt the creator is trying to make a statement. It's a fun little side thing. For fun.

yami4ct

It's like fanfiction! I think it's a cute idea, but I'm somewhat indifferent to the fan's efforts. I do hope hope that IS improves the variety of S-ranks for the next FE. I want my platonic endings back.

I can't believe I'm saying this after digging the feature so much in Awakening, but I think they maybe should ditch kids next time. Either that or just make a few canon kids part of the story like Lucina. I loved the weird eugenics aseptic in Awakening, but for some reason that stuff does nothing for me in Fates. The depth of supports should 100% stay, but maybe not having to deal with kids would allow the writing to improve a tad.

Also, trying to make an excuse for kids to be fighting alongside their parents is always going to be dumb. Not every FE can be a time travel story like Awakening and Fate's excuse was the dumbest.

Shun

I can't believe I'm saying this after digging the feature so much in Awakening, but I think they maybe should ditch kids next time. Either that or just make a few canon kids part of the story like Lucina. I loved the weird eugenics aseptic in Awakening, but for some reason that stuff does nothing for me in Fates. The depth of supports should 100% stay, but maybe not having to deal with kids would allow the writing to improve a tad.

Also, trying to make an excuse for kids to be fighting alongside their parents is always going to be dumb. Not every FE can be a time travel story like Awakening and Fate's excuse was the dumbest.

Awakening was still kind of stupid. Either make children a sequel/prequel or do it Seisen style with a second generation time skip in game.
If it is a sequel/prequel, do a Tales style time skip like with Destiny/2 and Xillia/2.

Golnei

If they do want to keep pushing child systems and multiple releases in future games, separating the generations by version might be a good way to do it. The problem is that it kind of creates an arbitrary order to play them in if you want to carry over pairings between games and actually use the child system - your choices in the "prequel" game can obviously affect the one that focuses on the kids, but it'd be difficult to organically accommodate having decisions made in the one that chronologically occurs afterwards affect the one that happens earlier.

Thankfully we can stop the entire war by simply pairing Xander and Ryoma.

Love wins again!

(http://cuniculosus.tumblr.com/post/115623068826/dlc-secret-third-path-i-am-not-sorry)

yami4ct

If they do want to keep pushing child systems and multiple releases in future games, separating the generations by version might be a good way to do it. The problem is that it kind of creates an arbitrary order to play them in if you want to carry over pairings between games and actually use the child system - your choices in the "prequel" game can obviously affect the one that focuses on the kids, but it'd be difficult to organically accommodate having decisions made in the one that chronologically occurs afterwards affect the one that happens earlier.

I was thinking about that idea as well. The problem with that is both what you stated and then you also run into the problem with multiple routes that Fates mostly avoided. It becomes 2 halves of the same story rather than separate and mostly complete standalone things.

The idea of splitting the game into generations like they've done before is neat, but IS has enough trouble writing a decent story as is. Tackling something that ambitious might be nigh impossible for them right now.

GSR

My English SE hasn't arrived yet, but I think it might be slightly more complex than using a save manager. Once it does I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Please do thank you. I would rather not completely start all over again, too many lv. 99 and support grinding for me to have to go through all that again.

Update: using svdt, it was as simple as copying off my saves from the JP 3DS version and back on to the US SE. By doing this I got:

• Main three save slots
  • Some global data (support log, multiplayer teams, etc.)
Other global data (like Einhenjar units, Branch of Fate, suspend saves, etc.) was not copied over, though I have a guess as to how that can be done.

My actual save file booted just fine (the first time you go to it it'll have ???? as the chapter name, but loads fine.) Any Japanese text is replaced with some number of ?s, including the player name, castle name, and forged weapon names. I think someone's working on a Fates save editor on GBATemp, so it should only be a matter of time before you can fix the MC's name.

Fun fact: Odin's 8-kanji forged tomes still give him a +10 crit bonus, even though the skill is technically different in the US version.

Shun

Update: using svdt, it was as simple as copying off my saves from the JP 3DS version and back on to the US SE. By doing this I got:

• Main three save slots
  • Some global data (support log, multiplayer teams, etc.)
Other global data (like Einhenjar units, Branch of Fate, suspend saves, etc.) was not copied over, though I have a guess as to how that can be done.

My actual save file booted just fine (the first time you go to it it'll have ???? as the chapter name, but loads fine.) Any Japanese text is replaced with some number of ?s, including the player name, castle name, and forged weapon names. I think someone's working on a Fates save editor on GBATemp, so it should only be a matter of time before you can fix the MC's name.

Fun fact: Odin's 8-kanji forged tomes still give him a +10 crit bonus, even though the skill is technically different in the US version.

So I can't use the units I have all saved up like my lv.99 characters and scum my way through? Or I might be able to do that by resaving. Tho I think my Witch and DLC won't work.

I will give it a try now and hope for the best. I tried using SaveDataFiler because I am on CFW but that did not work so I will try this now.

GSR

So I can't use the units I have all saved up like my lv.99 characters and scum my way through? Or I might be able to do that by resaving. Tho I think my Witch and DLC won't work.

I will give it a try now and hope for the best. I tried using SaveDataFiler because I am on CFW but that did not work so I will try this now.

Correct most likely; I got a message saying the DLC was missing and asking to delete that part of the save file.

ranmafan

Wow just got my fire emblem concert dvd and found out I'm on the dvd! Just one problem, the shot of me is just of my belly walking into the arena! Hahaha. Although I did get in another shot from far away waiting in line, but my face is blurred like everyone else's due to privacy rules here. Still funny I got on the dvd that way.

Anyway looking forward to reliving the concert with the dvd. Still a shame it's not bluray.

Shun

This english and font is hurting my head. I copied my JP saves, I am going to try to go inject it now whatever that means...

Copy everything yooooo it is there but 俊 and 夕美 is now ?
Will test see if stuff still there.

HAHAHAA I STILL HAVE WARP AND WITCH. TIME TO BREAK THE NA GAME AND RUIN EVERYONE. BASED OPHELIA.

Oh shit I need to go check if I still have my Cipher DLC units.

Thank you GSR. Time to go back to my JP version and finish maxing out some units then transfer to english file. I am amazed that my DLC classes and skills are still there even tho the DLC Mission is gone.

I need to go test if I can even get these online too.

GSR

And I was able to get more of the data (remaining 6 save slots, suspend save, maybe other misc. stuff) by using extdata_dump. Still no unit logbook, strangely!

It takes a little more work though. Basically you need to dump the extdata from your JP 3DS to the SD card, figure out the title ID that corresponds to Fates in the dumps, swap to your EN 3DS (or EN cart via regionfree), dump that extdata and figure out the title id that corresponds to EN Fates, and then write a config.txt file that will copy the dumped JP extdata to your EN extdata. Also worth noting that extdata seems to be partially tied to the SD, so make sure you use the same SD throughout this process (or copy the necessary files to your second 3DS' SD card.)

I'm actually not sure if it's unique title IDs across systems or not, but if it isn't, you can find the config.txt I used here: http://pastebin.com/qVtDuenu

Also, don't be evil and take the DLC skills online, Shun.

Shun

It seems like all my items work fine. So I guess I will grind all the items out and get as many proofs I can for each route.

I think the logbook is okay since it is not like you can access some of those anyway with the JP code. Unless you mean the registered units. Even then I guess I can just reregister the units I already have.

I will share skills. I won't use warp or any other classes online yet. I still want to finish some more stuff on JP save first since I don't have access to NA DLC yet.

Has Cipher DLC confirm for English at all through pay or is it JP exclusive for now?

It seems like all my items work fine. So I guess I will grind all the items out and get as many proofs I can for each route.

I think the logbook is okay since it is not like you can access some of those anyway with the JP code. Unless you mean the registered units. Even then I guess I can just reregister the units I already have.

I will share skills. I won't use warp or any other classes online yet. I still want to finish some more stuff on JP save first since I don't have access to NA DLC yet.

Has Cipher DLC confirm for English at all through pay or is it JP exclusive for now?

still JP exclusive atm.

Hey FE-gaf, just got my copies of Birthright and Conquest as a late birthday gift. I managed to avoid all news about the game to avoid spoilers, except something about a gay character and people being mad at censorship. The only Fire Emblem game I've ever beaten was Awakening, which was my second FE game (sacred stones on the GBA was my first). Started Birthright and absolutely love it. I do, however, have three imperative questions that I was hoping someone could help me out with:

1. Is there a particular guide I should look at for the online base stuff?
2. Do I unlock additional content for owning both games?
3. Probably the most important question: How do I make Niles my gay-waifu? I'm assuming its using the same system as Awakening.

Thanks everybody~

Busaiku

So who's playing without animations.
I only turn them off if I reset like a bunch. And even then, I turn them back on if I get far enough.

So who's playing without animations.
I only turn them off if I reset like a bunch. And even then, I turn them back on if I get far enough.

I generally turn them off cause I ain't got time for that.

I do turn it back on for boss battles/other notable enemies though.

Renewed

I switch between turning them off through options and just holding L. In general I leave animations off if I'm playing the map again.

Edit: Lame, can't give amiibo accessories.

Weebos

Banned
1. Is there a particular guide I should look at for the online base stuff?
2. Do I unlock additional content for owning both games?
3. Probably the most important question: How do I make Niles my gay-waifu? I'm assuming its using the same system as Awakening.

1. Serenes Forest has a lot of basic information on My Castle.
2. Only if you own the additional games digitally (or the Special Edition). If you have two physical copies you're out of luck.
3. You can just S support Niles, but be aware that you miss out on some stuff with the gay supports. Mechanics spoilers:
Children and Niles' daughter is great

Draxal

Cipher DLC is exclusive, I just want the Marth 25th anniversary theme, its so amazing.

Chrom

The new DLC doesn't appear to be available just yet at the moment. How weird, I'd have thought it would be out by now.

Edit: It's up now!

L95

I was gonna get the witch (Gaiden yis) and ballistican dlc, but that's it.

Wait, if they want to keep doing split games.....

What if they make a split remake of Gaiden?????????? <.>

Renewed

I didn't know Vaike is a mercenary you recruit from the attacking bandits. Kellam is the awesome promoted unit apparently. And Ike is a noble? I guess these are just blanket statements and the footage pulled didn't match up (still tho)

jzbluz

I'm trying to decide which dlc I'm getting. Is A Gift from Anna truly a one time thing, or is it once per playthrough like Awakening's brand items?

Renewed

I'm trying to decide which dlc I'm getting. Is A Gift from Anna truly a one time thing, or is it once per playthrough like Awakening's brand items?

All DLC that gives rewards (and Anna) should be one per playthrough file. I feel like the path bonuses also apply as you redeem those through the orb at My Castle.

1. Serenes Forest has a lot of basic information on My Castle.
2. Only if you own the additional games digitally (or the Special Edition). If you have two physical copies you're out of luck.
3. You can just S support Niles, but be aware that you miss out on some stuff with the gay supports. Mechanics spoilers:
Children and Niles' daughter is great

Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom