• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shun

Who needs keys when you have
c9f092f73847ae6c2c0c175a83b379ba1.jpg

That Japanese player in general has some very interesting impressions about the english version.

Hard to understand what he's getting at, but google-fu provides a passable grasp at what he's trying to get at.

EDIT: It sounds like they dislike the English voice for Felicia, lol.

Oh I follow sutti. I did not expect to see him here. He making fun of some dialogue difference with Harold and talking about Kamui/Marx pairing.

Xenoflare

Oh I follow sutti. I did not expect to see him here. He making fun of some dialogue difference with Harold and talking about Kamui/Marx pairing.

"Is it a confession?" is his caption with the Xander pic.

and "seeing it the second time" about Kamui going "I can't stop thinking about Xander"

Draxal

Tell him his American Sakura needs pointed angry eyebrows.

Xenoflare

I am SO DUMB, I forgot Niles could open chests.

Oh well iirc it was a Hexing Rod so I'll live.

One of those things that is endlessly annoying if enemies have it and not that useful when the player does

Edit:Wait, it seems like regular edition users can also buy Revelation in advance, will I be able to get the ebon wings before Revelation actually drops?

Shun

No unless it change in english that chest in Conquest 9 is 七難即滅, the one that warp enemy to you. Not 禍事罪穢 the one that 1/2 enemy HP.

Tell him his American Sakura needs pointed angry eyebrows.

it is angry tho.

c-murph

Hey guys,

Quick question. If I buy the Map Pack I DLC, can I use it with both my Special Edition Cartridge and Birthright Cartridge? It doesn't matter does it?

The newest dondon video confirms my thoughts that Dhalsim is one of the best armors in the series. VINDICATION

bro do you even lift

best armor knight in the series is an interesting discussion, what are the options? Oswin, RD Gatrie, and Conquest Effie are probably the top 3 out of the localized games

then again winning that is like being the world's tallest midget

PK Gaming

Okay, so you know how Felicia says "DIDN'T EXPECT THAT, DIDJA" when you sometimes talk to her in mycastle?

What's the Japanese equivalent? Because it's so random and I gotta know

Shun

Okay, so you know how Felicia says "DIDN'T EXPECT THAT, DIDJA" when you sometimes talk to her in mycastle?

What's the Japanese equivalent? Because it's so random and I gotta know

Pick your poison.

あのあの
はいです
うわわわ
えとえと
良~し
えいいいいい
やああああ
でもでも
ですね
ええ?

She just tries so hard to be like Flora and be a good maid for you.

bro do you even lift

best armor knight in the series is an interesting discussion, what are the options? Oswin, RD Gatrie, and Conquest Effie are probably the top 3 out of the localized games

then again winning that is like being the world's tallest midget
I think Dhalsim's contributions for like 3 chapters make him >>> RD Gatrie, who is like PoR Gatrie in being not quite as useless as Bors except surrounded by much faster and stronger enemies. Being able to OHKO mages in the Manster chapters made me like him significantly more than most of those losers.

I don't know Conquest well enough but prior to Fates I would have said Oswin is >>>> than any other armor knight in the series, unless there's a surprise good one in FE1-3 or 12 that I haven't experienced.

A more interesting question of best of the worst might be who the best pre-Takumi archer is? Bow Knights not counting, we have like Klein/Igrene, RD Shinon, maybe Briggid? I actually got a lot of use out of Jamke but that might be because I was a scrub when I played Genealogy.

PK Gaming

Pick your poison.

あのあの
はいです
うわわわ
えとえと
良~し
えいいいいい
やああああ
でもでも
ですね
ええ?

She just tries so hard to be like Flora and be a good maid for you.

Thank you, but... I can't read any of that, :x

A quick check on google translate suggest she says something else entirely? Sorry, I was hoping to get a translation on the line "didn't expect that..." line specifically.

Shun

No her manner of speech is just always flustered and she tries to be cute. She plays the clumsy awkward cute trope so hard. That's literally all the voice clips she has almost every time she says something.

ano ano, umm umm.
hai desu, yes
uwawawa, flustered
eto eto, umm umm
yoooshi, alright/yes
eiiiiiiii, surprised or shocked
yaaaaaaaaaa, scream
demo demo, but but
desu ne, isn't it
ee? huh?

Xenoflare

えいいいいい
やああああ

I bet one of these is UWAWAWAWAWA

Man is Elise supposed to turn into a monster when she gets tome access? Mine is currently a 16 and has wtf stats right now, I'm debating about if I should promote her since her growths seem so insane. With pair up she has 21/8/20 for offensive stats which just seems like it would be insane when hitting resistance.

えいいいいい
やああああ

I bet one of these is UWAWAWAWAWA
It's うわわわ actually lol. Felicia is impressively annoying in both languages.

Busaiku

Last boss of Conquest is probably the worst I've played.
All around, Conquest's maps and Odin, Laslow, Arthur, were fun, but I'm looking forward to Birthright more now.

PK Gaming

No her manner of speech is just always flustered and she tries to be cute. She plays the clumsy awkward cute trope so hard. That's literally all the voice clips she has almost every time she says something.

ano ano, umm umm.
hai desu, yes
uwawawa, flustered
eto eto, umm umm
yoooshi, alright/yes
eiiiiiiii, surprised or shocked
yaaaaaaaaaa, scream
demo demo, but but
desu ne, isn't it
ee? huh?

Ohhhhhhhhh get it now. That cleared things up, thanks.

So that means... the "DIDN'T EXPECT THAT, DIDJA" line is the most random inclusion ever

and I love it

yami4ct

Sakura's Magic stat is monstrous. I just promoted her at level 20 and she's sitting at 25. My closest mage is sitting at 15. Damn. I just use her for rods, but that's silly.

Shun

Witch Ophelia is a beast.

At Lv. 20/40 without stat enhancers, all regular level growths she has:

HP: 40
STR: 11
MAG: 42 (max)
SKL: 29 (max)
SPD: 35 (max)
LCK: 30 (max)
DEF: 17
RES: 30 (max)

With Thor Hammer/Mysteltinn she always has at least 50% critical rate before factoring other skills that increase her critical like the Great Lord skill Awakening.

Then you factor in S rank stat enhancer with Kamui through defense stance.

Keeping her always at 1/2 HP she is almost impossible to kill without tome breaker. Even with tome breaker her accuracy should be high enough to say game over to anyone who attacks.

Gestahl

Is Scarlet good long term? I just used her in Birthright 14 and she was an absolute tank.

She has good growths, yeah. Pretty much the only natural axe user on that side worth a shit unless Rinkah somehow beats the house on her strength and hp odds

King Fost

Neo Member
I think Dhalsim's contributions for like 3 chapters make him >>> RD Gatrie, who is like PoR Gatrie in being not quite as useless as Bors except surrounded by much faster and stronger enemies. Being able to OHKO mages in the Manster chapters made me like him significantly more than most of those losers.

I don't know Conquest well enough but prior to Fates I would have said Oswin is >>>> than any other armor knight in the series, unless there's a surprise good one in FE1-3 or 12 that I haven't experienced.

A more interesting question of best of the worst might be who the best pre-Takumi archer is? Bow Knights not counting, we have like Klein/Igrene, RD Shinon, maybe Briggid? I actually got a lot of use out of Jamke but that might be because I was a scrub when I played Genealogy.

FE12 Ryan is better than Takumi and you could make a case for FE3 Castor and Jeorge as well.

I don't think Takumi is very good in Hoshido. Certainly he's a competent fighter but you're not short of competent fighters in that route and several of them like Hinoka, Saizo, Kaze, and Kagero have 1-2 range and better overall stats. Hoshido is also heavily enemy phased based so him not being able to counter really hurts his usefulness and he can sometimes run into speed problems as well.

btw, when is Revelations supposed to come out? That's the only route I haven't played yet.

1-3 and 12 are the games I haven't played yet lol, so you could totally be right. Takumi pulled a lot of weight in my Lunatic playthrough and while I realize he still has archer problems, I think his player phase blicking is really useful with a lot of the nastier/bulkier enemies in the midgame before you have your proper juggernauts. I found his contributions in his join chapter to be immense, for instance, since his raw offense lets him OHKO ninjas and not get the debuff penalty. He isn't as strong on enemy phase as the ninjas/Corrin/Ryoma obviously but I think he's pretty immediately potent and stronger than basically any other archer I've used.

Also did I mess something up with Hinoka? I tried to do Falcon Knight with Bolt Naginata and dumped the spirit dusts onto her but nothing made it strong enough for her to really be a 1-2 range monster. She was paired up with Silas, which I can see not helping her offense with the Bolt Naginata but I can't think of a suitable magic replacement that would help her any other way.

Gestahl

Also I forgot how absolutely stupid the second half of FE9 on Maniac mode was. Tiny little fortress with 6 fucking siege tome assholes inside, two of which have Bolting. Tiptoed my way through half of that crap and then Marcia melted to an Elthunder. Whatever, I'm sure half of my team is going to get mauled to death by the never ending flood of canto-paladins in ch26 anyway, dying here was probably a mercy

King Fost

Neo Member
I mean, Takumi isn't terrible, but he's really a really flawed unit for a lot of reasons and I don't think he should be considered broken or anything. Niles on Conquest is another bow user much better than him.

You want to give Hinoka magic tonics and forge the bolt naginata. A +Mag pair up should push her towards consistent ORKOs; Dark Knight!Corrin is the best choice but Hayato or Jakob can do ok in that regard too and at worst, you can just staple a throwaway unit like Orochi onto her as a pair up bot.

Right, I don't think an archer has ever been broken (unless they have been in a game I haven't played) and that Takumi has all of the normal archer problems. I wouldn't really hold low speed against him though since that's super easy to patch up in Hoshido, probably the least significant issue a unit can have, especially when he can OHKO a lot of units at base.

yami4ct

While it doesn't fix it by any means, I think Attack Stance definitely helps patch up a bit of the enemy phase problems archers have. Setting them just outside enemy range behind your tank inside can produce some great counter hits, even more so if you're facing flying.

Sure, other units are just as competent or more at the same thing, but it definitely allows you a bit of flexibility with archers the game didn't have before.

King Fost

Neo Member
That's true. I found myself using attack stance way more in Hoshido than in Nohr because pairing up gave diminishing returns after a certain point and some units like Takumi did really benefit from the extra damage attack stance provided.

What? Birthright is pair up and romp, all day every day.

It's why Takumi drops off a cliff in the midgame after being useful in his first 2 chapters, because why lure enemies when you can just walk up and kill them.

Xander, for the first time in his life, has doubled something, and that something was the entirety of Forrest's paralogue (barring Wary Fighter Generals. :x)

It's beautiful, seeing him on the right end of the equation for once. ;-;

Xander, for the first time in his life, has doubled something, and that something was the entirety of Forrest's paralogue (barring Wary Fighter Generals. :x)

It's beautiful, seeing him on the right end of the equation for once. ;-;

You can actually get him to double a lot of things, berserker Charlotte S rank+a speed tonic is +7 speed and you can stack even more on top of that.

Top Bottom