• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

yami4ct

Didn't realize I was supposed to visit other castles for forging resources until yesterday. Not sure if I super dig that feature. Will make forging difficult if you go back to the game once the servers die.

Oh well, you do get mats that you can gamble in the arena for, so you'll be able to forge less, but probably more than enough to make it work over the course of a campaign.

So who's playing without animations.
I only turn them off if I reset like a bunch. And even then, I turn them back on if I get far enough.

I love that when you turn off the animations, the sprites have their own little animations you usually never get to see. The little dancer twirl, the little healer animation. It's a really nice touch. Didn't expect that.

Draxal

Anyway, question about Mark from Fire Emblem 7, since the Awakening thread made me think about him.

I recall in a very old article that they added Mark to FE7 (along with the tutorial campaign) as they thought it would help sell the game in the west. But honestly, this might be by memory tricking me.

I always found it funny that they dropped him from the next four games, and Kris/Robin are thought of the first player inserts.

edit. Some Rev thoughts.

Takumi's actually kinda just there on this one, his being an ass isn't really present here.

Is Nyx supposed to be bad? From a glance after recruiting her she seems decent so long as she's given a pair up for +speed and 1-2 range seems all the more valuable.

Gestahl

Is Nyx supposed to be bad? From a glance after recruiting her she seems decent so long as she's given a pair up for +speed and 1-2 range seems all the more valuable.

She can't hit shit unless she's rubbing up all over her target and good luck doing that with that hp and def

Lunar15

Anyway, question about Mark from Fire Emblem 7, since the Awakening thread made me think about him.

I recall in a very old article that they added Mark to FE7 (along with the tutorial campaign) as they thought it would help sell the game in the west. But honestly, this might be by memory tricking me.

I always found it funny that they dropped him from the next four games, and Kris/Robin are thought of the first player inserts.

edit. Some Rev thoughts.

Takumi's actually kinda just there on this one, his being an ass isn't really present here.

er... nevermind. I misread you. True story about the Morgan/Marc being a reference to Mark, though.

yami4ct

edit. Some Rev thoughts.

FE7 might be my favorite Fire Emblem and I forgot that Mark is even a thing.

Draxal

—Corrin marks the sixth Fire Emblem character to appear in Smash.

FESakurai: There are too many Fire Emblem characters! The decision to include Corrin was admittedly strategic, but I genuinely worried we might be adding too many characters from the series. That said, once the FE Fates developers shared their idea with me, I knew I could make Corrin into an interesting fighter. Their unique characteristic in Smash is their incredible reach, attacking from further away than anyone else. Even in the midst of a heated melee, Corrin can poke with their lance from afar and pierce opponents. They can transform one part of their body and extend it to hit opponents. I guess you could say they’re like Dhalsim… Well, maybe not quite (laughs).

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

Corrin's Dhalsim boys.

That sounds familiar, unless we're both deluded. Can't think of the source though, since it's been so long.

On the subject of back-dated pages, Fates's Lottery Shop

Does that align with people's experiences? I never really used it much.

CazTGG

Chapter 13 of Conquest is rather easy to abuse. I was able to level Mozu up enough via a wyvern that kept healing itself so she could change classes at level 20.

yami4ct

So, I finally had a perfect setup for Chapter 13 of Birthright after learning to not play that map like an idiot. Took like 15-20 minutes until I had cleared out all the bottom of the map and baited out the dragon knights so they wouldn't screw me when I took out Camilla. Set my archer up, got an expected miss, and then she counters with a 1% chance crit.

Dammit game. Why do you hate me?

Draxal

Severa got an SR as well.

CcICqFpVAAE5g0g.png

Of the 12 SRs for this set, Severa,Lucina,Itsuki were shown. Marth and Tsubasa are definites as well (probably Tiki as well).

man it's hilarious how little damage the fail brigade of Xander/Leo's retainers do in chapter 17

even Setsuna was doing more damage last chapter!

Draxal

man it's hilarious how little damage the fail brigade of Xander/Leo's retainers do in chapter 17

even Setsuna was doing more damage last chapter!

I actually managed to get Odin a level up there. My Xander pairup just left the promoted units there with like 3-4 hp left each time. This was hard mode and not lunatic so it was probably alot worse there.

Renewed

Dunno how applicable this is to everyone (Canadian), but Roy amiibo preorders go up at EB Games today at 1PM EST. Also in-stores at the moment and allocations for my store were 6 (I was the last one).

I finished Sophie's paralogue yesterday by sticking a Beast Killer on Silas and sending him up north solo while everyone else worked on the enemies at the forts. I'm at the point where I need to start reclassing and promoting before it's too late (level 18).

I wonder when I should bother recruiting the kids in Conquest.

for weapon rank purposes I feel like I should wait until after they get Child Seals

I wonder when I should bother recruiting the kids in Conquest.

for weapon rank purposes I feel like I should wait until after they get Child Seals

yeah, I'm aiming to wait until after they get the child seals before recruiting them

course that means more support grinding for the kids themselves but grinding's fun!

Busaiku

I imagine I could've finished Conquest by now if I turned off animations...
Seriously, this like tripled the length...

But I will not give in!

I imagine I could've finished Conquest by now if I turned off animations...
Seriously, this like tripled the length...

But I will not give in!

Why even keep animations on?

After like the 20th time seeing the same character doing the same animations it gets boring.

I do it so I can see combat values on enemy phase that I don't eant to calculate lol

Well and because I like them, it's cool and adds to the drama. I can skip them if it's taking too long.

Ohnonono

This game has gone from, maybe I will finish Conquest into gotta catch'em all. It is really cool that I get SO MUCH Fire Emblem.

I do it so I can see combat values on enemy phase that I don't eant to calculate lol

Well and because I like them, it's cool and adds to the drama. I can skip them if it's taking too long.

Yeah but even if you see them on enemy phase it's kind of too late to do anything with that knowledge.

I turn on animations for new units/new classes and bosses but against generics? fuck that

that fun feeling of oh yeah, my squishy unit can survive a hit or two and i forget to take into account for enemy's attack stance wrecking them
I'm almost perma guard stance so not usually an issue, I'm more likely to forget that skills exist.

Also why does Peri get pants but Cavalier Corrin does not?

Renewed

Grinding support and weapon proficiency has come down to leaving Sakura near Lilith while I get everyone arranged and chuck projectiles. No EXP but now Azura's at C proficiency.

Draxal

25th Fire Emblem Anniv Dvd Get.

(Also two cipher guidebooks as well).

I got way too many Azura cards now.

edit.

Wow the Concert Director is really rocking that hair.

Oh they picked my favorite Fire Emblem song (Uprising in Agustria). ... It sounds glorious.

25th Fire Emblem Anniv Dvd Get.

(Also two cipher guidebooks as well).

I got way too many Azura cards now.

edit.

Wow the Concert Director is really rocking that hair.

Oh they picked my favorite Fire Emblem song (Uprising in Agustria). ... It sounds glorious.

Do you have the Yusuke Kozaki Azura cards? You can't say you have too many until you have those two : P

The DVD is lovely as well. Everybody who loves Fire Emblem (music) should get it!

yami4ct

So are localization 'arguments' going to ruin every thread about Japanese developed games? Seeing that shit brought into Pokemon threads already is sort of heartbreaking.

Not like this guys. Please don't let this become a thing.

Draxal

Do you have the Yusuke Kozaki Azura cards? You can't say you have too many until you have those two : P

The DVD is lovely as well. Everybody who loves Fire Emblem (music) should get it!

They're otw. The only one I'll be missing is her Black Sr card. And technically her Black and White SR+ but I really don't care about the autographs.

So are localization 'arguments' going to ruin every thread about Japanese developed games? Seeing that shit brought into Pokemon threads already is sort of heartbreaking.

For such an all age series, the pokemon fan has too much infighting.

nah, not 'all' japanese developed games.... only nintendo-related :|

King Fost

Neo Member
Anybody know how Birthright Lunatic compares to Conquest Hard?

It's easier.

Also having finished it, I have to say it's one of the most boring FE experiences I've had and I don't think I'll ever replay it. Conquest was more interesting in gameplay and in story, even if the writing there is technically worse, it has a more Ed Wood quality to it.

Saizo was pretty cool though, he was like a mini-Ryoma lategame and he had a much better personality and backstory.

Top Bottom