• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

PK Gaming

oh right, that reminds

you guys

tumblr_o2d65nWxAV1sgc3ybo3_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_o2d65nWxAV1sgc3ybo2_r1_400.jpg

You guys

tumblr_o2d65nWxAV1sgc3ybo6_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_o2d65nWxAV1sgc3ybo7_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_o2d65nWxAV1sgc3ybo9_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_o2d65nWxAV1sgc3ybo8_r1_500.jpg

YOU GUYS

source

look I am a big Lyn fan but she's a female myrmidon with a good prf. That puts her ahead of like, Marisa and FE9 Mia but she's still pretty bad.

My last FE7 run, however, showed that my bias could easily overcome such things as "terrible unit". I wonder how much easier my next HHM run will be if I just use good units instead of dumping all my resources into Erk and Lyn.

That is assuming my next HHM run does not involve dumping all my resources into Erk and Lyn, though.

edit: just for funsies female myrmidon power rankings

FE10 Mia > Hana > Mareeta > Fir > Ayra > Larcei > Lyn > FE9 Mia > Marisa, objections?

Chrom

I think that third one is actually Tsubasa.

I just beat Conquest on Hard mode yesterday. That was great!

Draxal

I think that third one is actually Tsubasa.

I just beat Conquest on Hard mode yesterday. That was great!

Yeah ur right.

Aveyn's thread about the story changes from the initial draft is pretty interesting, kinda explains why Hinoka is a no show for most of the game.

neutral/Conquest child paralogues down, as is Conquest Invasion 3 (god damn Lunge Stoneborn/Paladin rushes)

now for the Birthright child paralogues, I'll pair off the girls in my girls-only Birthright run and go from there I suppose

CSX

Looking at the new DLC for Fates...

Man im kinda disappointed that they are just copying and pasting the templates for the DLCs in Awakening :\

Even down to the "parallel world where EVERYTHING goes wrong" dlc chapters

yikes most of my units are so fragile, Setsuna and Orochi in particular actually face chances of death against significantly weaker enemies in my castle battles

oh well a few more S supports to go and then the final stretch of paralogues

Xenoflare

yikes most of my units are so fragile, Setsuna and Orochi in particular actually face chances of death against significantly weaker enemies in my castle battles

oh well a few more S supports to go and then the final stretch of paralogues

Fragility is something I find to be common place in this game as a whole. The HP and def growths really sucks.

Who uses character based on stats? I just use my favorites.

Maybe conquest would've been easier if I used Xander and Leo...naw there're lame.

Looking at the new DLC for Fates...

Man im kinda disappointed that they are just copying and pasting the templates for the DLCs in Awakening :

At least their more fun. In my opinion.

Renewed

Maybe conquest would've been easier if I used Xander and Leo...naw there're lame.

It'll be probably be different once I actually get to start Conquest (should have bought two games, this is nonsense) but I used whoever I wanted in Birthright as long as they were reasonable. So throughout my rotations I was using everyone as some point except for Hayato (only when I needed support grind). I never did use Yukimura or Izana.

Fragility is something I find to be common place in this game as a whole. The HP and def growths really sucks.
eh this is also a function of me forgoing the bulkiest units in Birthright (and making Oboro a magic hybrid did hurt her defense somewhat, though she's still one of my 3 tankiest units lol)

also a matter of playstyle changes, in Conquest/Revelation I used a bunch of dedicated pairup bots which let me funnel experience into fewer units whereas in Birthright I spread it relatively evenly

pfft look at this guy calling Leo lame

Truth:

I never use Titania
Rolf over Shinon always
Karel over Harken
Dorcas is awesome
Sain and Kent are useless
Renault is Awesome
Cavaliers/Paladins are the worst class in the series
Rath is Top Tier
Lyn is Top Tier
Eirika was a mistake
Seth is lame
Sacred Stones only had 5 people worth using
Laguz are worthless in FE 9
Micaiah Is the worst lord ever (character/story wise)
Hector is the greatest name in the FE series.

I know what your thinking,
"those are some awesome opinions!"

NeonZ

That one is somewhat different since the children are actually the player's party.

Also, no redesigned past FE characters in the DLC this time, just the Amiibo...

Golnei

Considering how they were implemented in Awakening, I guess it makes sense. Cipher's a much more efficient and long-term method of delivering the only new assets involved for Awakening's DLC characters anyway.

NeonZ

Considering how they were implemented in Awakening, I guess it makes sense. Cipher's a much more efficient and long-term method of delivering the only new assets involved for Awakening's DLC characters anyway.

But we don't get art of past FE characters in the current game's classes from Cipher, nor new conversations for old characters in the DLC. I liked some of the allied and end of chapter conversations, even if the battle ones were generally too short.

PK Gaming

The fates official thread is actually readable this time. I'm amazed.

Word. I think it's a combination of the regulars being nice people and the fact that people are already accustomed to "shipping." I swear, I was expecting pages upon pages of "X" is the best girl and "Y" is the best pairing.

Draxal

Word. I think it's a combination of the regulars being nice people and the fact that people are already accustomed to "shipping." I swear, I was expecting pages upon pages of "X" is the best girl and "Y" is the best pairing.

The Awakening thread didn't have much shipping, it was a pure waifu war. I mean I can joke about it in doses, but it really really got out of hand.

edit.

Just ignore me making the post about Xander and Charlotte being the OTP in the fates thread.

The Awakening thread didn't have much shipping, it was a pure waifu war. I mean I can joke about it in doses, but it really really got out of hand.

edit.

Just ignore me making the post about Xander and Charlotte being the OTP in the fates thread.

what do you mean Ryoma and Scarlet is the real OTP Kappa

Moonlight

Banned
Anyone have any suggestions on who to shack Odin up with? From a support standpoint, then an optimization standpoint for Ophelia. I'm thinking of rolling with Elise since I'm furthest in their support chain, and it's pretty cute (plus Elise is one of my better units), but I wanna wade around in the pool before I make any commitments.

Chapter 5 is literally impossible on Hard
It's not something I wanna toot my horn over but the complaints I saw about that chapter were really weird since I only saw most of them after I finished it relatively uneventfully. It's basically just the game trying to teach you about ending turns safely.

Draxal

It's generally either Corrin/Elise/Felicia or Nyx.

I just end going up with Elise ... as who else are you going to pair her up with?

Ryoma and Scarlet aren't the forbidden ship, that's Jakob and Flora.

Anyone have any suggestions on who to shack Odin up with? From a support standpoint, then an optimization standpoint for Ophelia. I'm thinking of rolling with Elise since I'm furthest in their support chain, and it's pretty cute (plus Elise is one of my better units), but I wanna wade around in the pool before I make any commitments.

Elise is the best overall for Odin, supports, stat bonus, and best mother for Ophelia.

Owain marries someone who's kind of like his mom and Maribelle mixed together

Shun

It's generally either Corrin/Elise/Felicia or Nyx.

I just end going up with Elise ... as who else are you going to pair her up with?

I think Felicia is better for Ophelia. It's just Felicia is a good parent for other kids too and Elise is a good choice for Ophelia.

I go with Felicia only because you proctor skills more often than with Elise. Proctoring skills would be more useful and more damage than 1 extra magic stat.

Plus I feel better than Odin is the type of dude who thinks maids are his fantasy not some little kid.

I threw Elise with Joker cause... look at this majestic piece of work. I know this is Kamui but it looks like Joker's kid.

DmMxOQP.jpg

Top Bottom