• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

God dammit.

Shun/Kuroneko or someone go buy a new Japanese FE 3DS LL so I can get the cipher promo card from that.

PLEASE.

1457281025-bundle-fef-3ds-japon.jpg

Okay I'm trash and still haven't been able to beat Conquest Endgame, is there any general advice for doing it without pass/rescue (of which I have neither)?

I have Paladin Corrin, who with Kaze Mechanist pair up has 49/40/12/39/36/33/36/29 for her stats. The best character but can't solo things, especially with the Dark Knights that rush you on turn 3 I think but switching to Kaze to deal with the Dark Knights just exposes him to getting pounded by the Paladins/Bow Knights.

Xander, with Berserker Beruka pair up, has 54/40/8/34/35/39/37/26 in terms of stats. He's really good except for when enemies just ignore him, and I'm not sure how to change that without either getting rid of pair-up and nerfing his speed or by unequipping Siegfried, which removes his great 1-2 range.

Elise has ridiculously high stats with Sorcerer Ophelia pair up but also only has 28 HP and 6 defense so she is one shot by basically anything. I use her for player phase blicking and staffing which works okay. For staves I have basically everything except Rescue and Hexing Rod.

Camilla has 37/33/11/35/34/22/31/20 with Bow Knight Nina pair up. She also has a level two forged Steel Axe, but I've found that she's not quite offensively strong enough to ORKO anything and isn't as durable as Corrin or Xander, but still third best combat option.

Selena has okay offense as a Bow Knight but it's mostly chip or cleanup for her. She's durable/fast enough to take a couple hits but doesn't have a great enemy phase.

I didn't invest enough into making Leo fast (lol 26 speed) and he isn't a great nuke option either so he's mostly relatively durable chip.

Midori is okayish and I mostly have been using her because she can split and have one pair up with Gunter and the other with Kaze's replica, which lets me use her as double chip/debuffs. 41 HP and 23 defense without pair up, so okay durability but also not great enemy phase.

Shura is backup staffer with C Staves, Gunter is pair up fodder for Midori clone, Azura is Azura.

Is there any general strategy I'm missing here? I feel like when I try to rush I just get overwhelmed by the side enemies but if I try to turtle I can't deal with the Dark Knight/Paladin/Bow Knight pairs with 9 move and they'll slip past my main combat units.

Edit: oh yeah this is Hard, not Lunatic, so none of those crazy shenanigans are things I have to deal with.

Draxal

Might want to switch Gunther to Corrin, his personal's very very very good for her support.

Oh, they have the Kiria/Tharja art in this magazine. As well as a much better pic of the Lucina card.

Draxal

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/pair-up-stats/

Gunter gives Def +1 Str +1 Skl +1 at A rank;
2 Str 4 Def 1 Move from Great Knight.
If the Avatar is the lead unit, Avatar’s Hit rate +15, damage +3 from his personal.

Kaze gives Spd +1 Skl +1 Res +1 Skl +1, Spd +1 at S rank.
2 Skill 4 Speed 1 Move from Master Ninja.

I mean it's up to you, but if you switch with Kaze supporting his daughter (thus getting his A rank bonus) and Gunter supporting Corrin, you'd get more out of his personal skill.

Better than having her paired up with her husband, though?

oh, something to note in general: S support only offers 2 stat points over an A support while paired up, so if one class is notably better than another there's no reason not to use someone else (or a personal skill in the case of Jakob/Felicia/Gunter)

Okay I'm trash and still haven't been able to beat Conquest Endgame, is there any general advice for doing it without pass/rescue (of which I have neither)?

I have Paladin Corrin, who with Kaze Mechanist pair up has 49/40/12/39/36/33/36/29 for her stats. The best character but can't solo things, especially with the Dark Knights that rush you on turn 3 I think but switching to Kaze to deal with the Dark Knights just exposes him to getting pounded by the Paladins/Bow Knights.

Xander, with Berserker Beruka pair up, has 54/40/8/34/35/39/37/26 in terms of stats. He's really good except for when enemies just ignore him, and I'm not sure how to change that without either getting rid of pair-up and nerfing his speed or by unequipping Siegfried, which removes his great 1-2 range.

Elise has ridiculously high stats with Sorcerer Ophelia pair up but also only has 28 HP and 6 defense so she is one shot by basically anything. I use her for player phase blicking and staffing which works okay. For staves I have basically everything except Rescue and Hexing Rod.

Camilla has 37/33/11/35/34/22/31/20 with Bow Knight Nina pair up. She also has a level two forged Steel Axe, but I've found that she's not quite offensively strong enough to ORKO anything and isn't as durable as Corrin or Xander, but still third best combat option.

Selena has okay offense as a Bow Knight but it's mostly chip or cleanup for her. She's durable/fast enough to take a couple hits but doesn't have a great enemy phase.

I didn't invest enough into making Leo fast (lol 26 speed) and he isn't a great nuke option either so he's mostly relatively durable chip.

Midori is okayish and I mostly have been using her because she can split and have one pair up with Gunter and the other with Kaze's replica, which lets me use her as double chip/debuffs. 41 HP and 23 defense without pair up, so okay durability but also not great enemy phase.

Shura is backup staffer with C Staves, Gunter is pair up fodder for Midori clone, Azura is Azura.

Is there any general strategy I'm missing here? I feel like when I try to rush I just get overwhelmed by the side enemies but if I try to turtle I can't deal with the Dark Knight/Paladin/Bow Knight pairs with 9 move and they'll slip past my main combat units.

Edit: oh yeah this is Hard, not Lunatic, so none of those crazy shenanigans are things I have to deal with.

You don't want to rush, but you want to move along at a brisk pace and stay ahead of the reinforcements. I cleared it on turn 5, which is the turn those bow assholes in guard stance start to move from their default positions. I'm pretty convinced beating the mission after they swarm you is impossible. Kill only the enemies who are in your way. The faceless who show up in the starting area on turn 4 should be behind you.

I started by baiting out the 3 savage guys on the first turn, and killed them while countering. After having some of my tankier units take care of the first wave of enemies on the sides (in attack stance when possible) I had two separate groups bait the generals and beastkiller/wyvern lords at the same time. I finished them off around the same time as the ninjas.

The part where it gets really tricky is getting everyone into position to attack the boss. Avoiding the freeze staff is a pain in the ass and seems to involve a lot of luck. If you have a silence staff, you can use it on the maid. If not, you can bait out the staff with a unit you won't be fighting the boss with, or kill them if you have the opportunity.

I ignored the hexing rod guy, and tried to figure out what units I wanted to have fight the boss. Then I paired them with other units who could travel the farthest. Corrin was a Paladin for me too, so he had great movement. Same with Xander. Camilla was ordinarily paired with Niles for me, but I used her to carry Keaton to the boss, because he's strong and I got a lot of use out of him. I also paired Azura with Percy, who I didn't normally use, just so I could fly her in to buff anyone who needed it.

It's hard to give really targeted advice because I don't know how your whole team works together. Xander, Corrin and Keaton were all able to double the boss for me. I was extra sure to count Mov spaces before I moved anyone or did anything. Also, if you were using any tonics on 27, they don't work here, so you can always buy more and distribute them at the start of the mission. It might make a difference.

I toiled on this mission for hours and was really salty so I hope this helps.

Chapter 5 is literally impossible on Hard

i dont know if its different on lunatic but chapter five made me almost cringe with frustration due to the fact there is a paired up samurai duo with two wyrm slayers (i killed one your telling me i have to kill the 2nd one on the same turn (it left for some really stragetic use of dancing and pair up and dual attacking to just get around that one pairing lol)

i dont know if its different on lunatic but chapter five made me almost cringe with frustration due to the fact there is a paired up samurai duo with two wyrm slayers (i killed one your telling me i have to kill the 2nd one on the same turn (it left for some really stragetic use of dancing and pair up and dual attacking to just get around that one pairing lol)
You can either kill both in one turn with Azura, or if it's the only enemy around actually have Corrin take the hit.

Shinypogs

I have never played a fire emblem game but they look super interesting and just like the sort of games I used to play and enjoy. I have some questions though.

1. Is Awakening a decent starting place in the series? I imagine I can pick it up for cheaper than fates: conquest. ( well slightly cheaper because nintendo never drops prices if they can avoid it but * shrugs*)

2. I don't actually own a 3ds atm ( I'm waiting to see if Nintendo announces a backwards compatible handleheld going forward or drops the price of the 3ds come e3) so I borrow my housemates when I want to play stuff. If i pick up the physical version of fates: conquest will the game save to the cart and not her memory card so I can take the game with me when I do buy my own 3ds. This is part of why I want to pick up awakening first since I'll need to pick up the 3rd storyline digitally and save it to a memory card I obviously don't have yet.

and so FEif OST finally announced. sadly they don't include character voices like awakening ost in the dvd. guess I won't delete the game ripped ones then

Busaiku

Gunter only has better stats than level 5 Mozu.
Outclassed by chapter 8...

Also, Mozu has some of the worst growths for me, what is this.

I have never played a fire emblem game but they look super interesting and just like the sort of games I used to play and enjoy. I have some questions though.

1. Is Awakening a decent starting place in the series? I imagine I can pick it up for cheaper than fates: conquest. ( well slightly cheaper because nintendo never drops prices if they can avoid it but * shrugs*)

2. I don't actually own a 3ds atm ( I'm waiting to see if Nintendo announces a backwards compatible handleheld going forward or drops the price of the 3ds come e3) so I borrow my housemates when I want to play stuff. If i pick up the physical version of fates: conquest will the game save to the cart and not her memory card so I can take the game with me when I do buy my own 3ds. This is part of why I want to pick up awakening first since I'll need to pick up the 3rd storyline digitally and save it to a memory card I obviously don't have yet.
Honestly there's little reason to start with Awakening when you could start with Fates, even Birthright is basically an improvement over it in everything that matters.

Draxal

A couple of thoughts.

Fates is an improvement over Awakening in everyway regarding gameplay, that if you want to go back to Awakening from Birthright/Conquest/Rev it is kinda hard.

Likewise going from Conquest to Birthright is kinda hard, as Birthright will bore you gameplay wise over Conquest.

However, everybody and their mother is playing Fates right now, so it's a perfect time to get skills and everything.

Shinypogs

Ty for the thoughts people, I guess I'll just pick up fates; conquest for now. ( I'll watch a lets play of birthright to see the story from that side.) I want the challenge of conquest and I'd also rather note have to wade through the easier game that makes me side with the people I don't want to side with first you know?

Lunar15

I'd suggest doing conquest on normal if you haven't played an FE before. It's pretty tough on hard.

Birthright is still challenging due to the fact that Fates, in general, is more tactical than Awakening.

and so FEif OST finally announced. sadly they don't include character voices like awakening ost in the dvd. guess I won't delete the game ripped ones then

will get it either way, not sure if I got the ripped ones though

btw, looks like there's a new (probably to us) artwork of joker on one of the cds

maybe the long awaited artbook is taking shape

also, saw that roy amiibo is up on amiami if you want to hope roy and corrin will do something in fates lol

Draxal

Did you see how large that package is? It's freaking gigantic.

Please no cipher cards please no cipher cards please no cipher cards.

Draxal

wasn't any mention of cipher cards (surprisingly, I think Aqua needs a new card lol), there are can badges

Ya I saw the can badges ... I kinda want them.

I'm just hoping the 3DS LL comes with the Cipher Sai or Comiket cards instead of a brand new promo card.

i have a feeling the next cipher stream will reveal OST promo card :p

hopefully shipping cost isn't too crazy lol

You're going to miss that one like the last 4 streams aren't you! I'm wondering if they're going to get Itsuki and Tsubasa's VA for this stream.

I was just kidding about the number of people complaining about it in the OT, I beat it on Lunatic and it was tricky but not impossible by any means lol

CazTGG

1. Awakening is a good start, but frankly the option to choose from the Casual Mode introduced in that game and the new Phoenix Mode in Fates makes it a lot more friendly to newer players. (While Conquest is excellent, it might be a bit difficult for one's first entry so I would recommend Birthright as it's a marked improvement over Awakening.)

2. There are three save files on the cartridge and an additional three for every path you own on the 3DS' SD card, up to 9 in total. However, since digital purchases are locked to one's account, you'd need to get Revelation (which isn't out yet) and the other path on your own 3DS.

I need that OST. I'm on FE mania atm.
Good news! Still no word on that potential Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Concert OST since, as I understand it, the music performed there was recorded.

1. Awakening is a good start, but frankly the option to choose from the Casual Mode introduced in that game and the new Phoenix Mode in Fates makes it a lot more friendly to newer players. (While Conquest is excellent, it might be a bit difficult for one's first entry so I would recommend Birthright as it's a marked improvement over Awakening.)

2. There are three save files on the cartridge and an additional three for every path you own on the 3DS' SD card, up to 9 in total. However, since digital purchases are locked to one's account, you'd need to get Revelation (which isn't out yet) and the other path on your own 3DS.

Good news! Still no word on that potential Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary Concert OST since, as I understand it, the music performed there was recorded.

they sell that as DVD
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B019DMJCC2/
just rip the audio yourself. video is well-chaptered, so it is easy to know where to split

Shun

Awakening is straight up kusoge and will give you bad habits that will probably carry over to Fates and give you a more difficult time because the objectives and RPG balance is terrible between the two.

Bad habits like being too reckless or relying on certain mechanics to carry yourself through a game. Look at all he people who started with Awakening, having a hard as hell time with Fates as is. Some not even able to like or appreciate Conquest because of bad habits already instilled.

At least with playing Birthright to Conquest the transition is to too bad.

I mean Awakening you can play for the characters and story if you really want, but it is not like it will really prepare you for Fates, especially if you have some SRPG experience. It's not a bad game, just a bad FE and SRPG game.

Shun

Also draxal i already have JP n3DS. Don't you need one.

Kiria is gosu but her lack of Yoshino sign card is gochu.

Leon, Marx gosu. Takumi gochu.

Draxal

I actually have a Japanese 3ds, ... I blame the alcohol. Oh well, I think I might get FE4 on it.

I have a feeling they're saving her for a future set.

Xander's top five for me right now along with Odin/Ophelia/Arthur/Caeldori. Leon's cool, but I think his popped collar looks ridiculous.

Shun

I actually have a Japanese 3ds, ... I blame the alcohol.

I have a feeling they're saving her for a future set.

Xander's top five for me right now along with Odin/Ophelia/Arthur/Caeldori. Leon's cool, but I think his popped collar looks ridiculous.

Wait AverynKnight or anyone else who use or go to Serene.

I do not go or use the site but I am wondering how you think of user Jyousa as a person? I'm interested because his interests is similar to mine in FE and Nesica fighting game but some American players do not like him as much for some reason. He runs your servers right.

Just curious.

Too much beer too much soju lay off.

Your top 5 is good. You are a good person.

Top Bottom