• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Chrom

Wait what is this about the upcoming Direct?

There's been this photo floating around since earlier today listing off a bunch of things to come from the European broadcast and one of them is something called Monster Hunter Generations (presumably Monster Hunter X getting localized). Another source just recently found a genuine trademark for said game and seems to validate the leak because they were also the ones who originally discovered Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon's trademarks.

Another thing on the list is "Monster Hunter Generations x Fire Emblem," which sounds like a game, but realistically it's probably just a trailer for a collaboration like they did before with Monster Hunter Frontier G x Fire Emblem Awakening.

With all the complaints of getting killed by a low percentage crit, I think I've actually had more issues with my own units getting a crit and ruining my plan.

With all the complaints of getting killed by a low percentage crit, I think I've actually had more issues with my own units getting a crit and ruining my plan.

*Leo at 6 gauge, doubles and ORKOs enemy*

*crits*

*dies to next enemy*

:(

on that note chapter 18 9-turned while killing everything and getting everything, that wasn't so bad

Moonlight

Banned
This is definitely also bad, lol. Sudden crit on a counterattack, next guy gets to come in on the vacated space and finish my poor caster/archer off. orz

Also how do y'all feel about weapon durability now? I was ready to give this new system a chance but I feel like durability works a lot better and is much more fun. I think between each character having a bunch of skills, especially weirder personal skills, and weapon weirdness that calculating stuff without the battle forecast has become significantly more tedious.

yami4ct

Also how do y'all feel about weapon durability now? I was ready to give this new system a chance but I feel like durability works a lot better and is much more fun. I think between each character having a bunch of skills, especially weirder personal skills, and weapon weirdness that calculating stuff without the battle forecast has become significantly more tedious.

I like the equipment system so much more. Balancing the risk reward of different weapons is a fun way to still encourage you to change up equipment without forcing you to micromanage durability. It also means I'm actually using ranged versions of the 1-range weapons.

Durability system basically meant I ran steel weapons on everyone all the time. Now I actually switch stuff up and use stuff like the Beast Spear and Hammer.

I like the equipment system so much more. Balancing the risk reward of different weapons is a fun way to still encourage you to change up equipment without forcing you to micromanage durability. It also means I'm actually using ranged versions of the 1-range weapons.

Durability system basically meant I ran steel weapons on everyone all the time. Now I actually switch stuff up and use stuff like the Beast Spear and Hammer.

I mean, I still run steel weapons, Levin Sword, or personal weapons 90% of the time for enemy phase combat :p

King Fost

Neo Member
I noticed little change in approach to how I deal with most situations, except that S rank weapons never get touched now.

The durability system is pointless in an Awakening style game but it really did add some interesting gameplay to the series as a whole and was done the best in something like FE6. There's really no reason why weapons can't have unique properties and have durability at the same time.

In fact, the loss of durability basically made it so there's no reason for Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, and Leo to not just spam their personal weapons 100% of the time.

I noticed little change in approach to how I deal with most situations, except that S rank weapons never get touched now.

The durability system is pointless in an Awakening style game but it really did add some interesting gameplay to the series as a whole and was done the best in something like FE6. There's really no reason why weapons can't have unique properties and have durability at the same time.

In fact, the loss of durability basically made it so there's no reason for Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, and Leo to not just spam their personal weapons 100% of the time.

Yup.

Hey now Leo can use Horse Spirit

yami4ct

The durability system is just something I don't want to manage and it means I never use unique or special weapons in games that have it. I'm all for mechanics that require more thought and strategy, but I durability always feels tedious to me and I really hate messing with it. New system could use a bit of balancing here and there, but overall I think the framework is a good replacement.

NeonZ

In fact, the loss of durability basically made it so there's no reason for Xander, Ryoma, Takumi, and Leo to not just spam their personal weapons 100% of the time

Most personal legendary weapons already had gotten rid of durability though, like the Falchions and the Ragnell in PoR/RD.

Most personal legendary weapons already had gotten rid of durability though, like the Falchions and the Ragnell in PoR/RD.

Nobody's going to be spamming Marth/Chrom's initial Falchions.

besides you might have noticed characters typically don't start with said unbreakable legendary weapons

stealing draxal's job
CcmdWW_UcAEC65l.png

Draxal

Kinda surprised Minerva got a SR, but well was kinda surprised at Severa and Lon'Qu as well.

Assuming Marth and Tsubasa gets SRs (which is pretty much a given imho) have three spots left. For the other three I'm guessing #FE Tiki and who the fuck knows.

As for the second gen FE 4 ladies, that's coming out in Septemberish if they do second gen in that set (which I'm not sure they would).

CazTGG

Nobody's going to be spamming Marth/Chrom's initial Falchions.

besides you might have noticed characters typically don't start with said unbreakable legendary weapons

You also don't start off with said legendary weapons either (not counting the Yato which doesn't get good until the later chapters) or the characters that exclusively use them until fairly late into the game (Takumi being the exception but that's fixed with his class since he can easily be killed from up close) and said characters' levels and stats are balanced so as to not be a "use X to win" for when they become available.

I like the changes made to weapons overall with the durability removal...although it's not perfect and can be exploited fairly easily i.e. Chapter 13.

You also don't start off with said legendary weapons either (not counting the Yato which doesn't get good until the later chapters) or the characters that exclusively use them until fairly late into the game (Takumi being the exception but that's fixed with his class since he can easily be killed from up close) and said characters' levels and stats are balanced so as to not be a "use X to win" for when they become available.

I like the changes made to weapons overall with the durability removal...although it's not perfect and can be exploited fairly easily i.e. Chapter 13.

*looks at Ryoma in Birthright*

you sure about that

Busaiku

Hate how both Birthright and Conquest punish me for trying to have a balanced party.
This was what Awakening got right.

Legendary spam talk:
The younger brothers are well-balanced with or without their legendaries, I think. A Pair Up isn't going to make Leo powerful both offensively and defensively thanks to his low speed and mediocre defenses. Meanwhile, Takumi's out-classed by Mozu who's much easier to train in Revelation (and thus I'll assume Birthright) within her own paralogue than people realize. He also uses, y'know, a bow: the most unloved weapon in all of Fire Emblem. I bet it's why he's so stuck-up. Poor guy is at disadvantage when all the other guys could get up close to whack him and the weapon triangle just screws him further. :(

The older brothers though...Xander can do everything except tank the occasional mage or horse killer when injected with enough Speed. Haven't played Birthright; don't think it's possible to get Ryoma on the same level if they were up against the same enemies, buuuut Ryoma's not up against the same enemies last I heard.

Figure the whole penalty-less 2-ranged sword thing (which ignore the intended flaws of swords, axes, and lances) and how Speed works to break the balance for strong-and-tanky-but-slow characters who'd normally have an okay-at-best ranged option are more to blame than the lack of durability in Xander's case. A 1-ranged legendary sword would still be subject to the flaws of a 1-ranged sword. Meanwhile, Ryoma breaks Birthright because it's Birthright and you could probably give him a radish and still destroy things.

Legendary spam talk:
The younger brothers are well-balanced with or without their legendaries, I think. A Pair Up isn't going to make Leo powerful both offensively and defensively thanks to his low speed and mediocre defenses. Meanwhile, Takumi's out-classed by Mozu who's much easier to train in Revelation (and thus I'll assume Birthright) within her own paralogue than people realize. He also uses, y'know, a bow: the most unloved weapon in all of Fire Emblem. I bet it's why he's so stuck-up. Poor guy is at disadvantage when all the other guys could get up close to whack him and the weapon triangle just screws him further. :(
whaaaaat Takumi is better than Mozu because he requires zero training and OHKOs enemies in his join chapter with his ridiculously good offense. Mozu at her best will be "as good as Takumi" since the ceiling for snipers is the pretty low bar of "can they ORKO enemies consistently and not die if you leave them open to 1-2 attacks on enemy phase", so even if Mozu gets overkill stats they're still ultimately going to mean "she made a person dead on enemy phase", which is Takumi's starting bar with zero investment.

*giggles*

just like you can save Xander's speed, you can also boost Leo's!

also LMAO at Mozu outclassing anyone worth a damn

Oh, yes, I know. But he still can't do what Xander can do which is what I'm getting at. You'd be better off boosting a Mag-flawed Corrin trying to achieve that goal. /slight exaggeration

The Mozu thing's more about knocking down Takumi because I don't like Takumi. >:[

whaaaaat Takumi is better than Mozu because he requires zero training and OHKOs enemies in his join chapter with his ridiculously good offense. Mozu at her best will be "as good as Takumi" since the ceiling for snipers is the pretty low bar of "can they ORKO enemies consistently and not die if you leave them open to 1-2 attacks on enemy phase", so even if Mozu gets overkill stats they're still ultimately going to mean "she made a person dead on enemy phase", which is Takumi's starting bar with zero investment.

Zero training vs. easy training in one paralogue where everyone else you're bringing already at-level if not above. It's...not much a difference. Pretty big difference between my Revelation Mozu and Takumi though stat-wise. She's much more reliable, capable of making kills and surviving things Takumi can't. Might just be my luck.

to be fair if you're willing to train her she's probably better off as a not-archer so she can actually fight more things later on

but then again lol training Mozu

Draxal

Oh Sakura ... Should have known.

Oboro/Jakob were popularity poll winners that weren't Royals and it looks like the both of them.

Btw. Set 5 for Cipher (Radiant Dawn/Binding Blade) is going to be released June 23, wtf Neko you should have posted that already (it was from the direct).

Oh Sakura ... Should have known.

Oboro/Jakob were popularity poll winners that weren't Royals and it looks like the both of them.

Btw. Set 5 for Cipher (Radiant Dawn/Binding Blade) is going to be released June 23, wtf Neko you should have posted that already (it was from the direct).

:( :( :( mhx localization makes me forget about that :( :( :(

new dlc page is up
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/download/map3.html
oh wait a new free Anna dlc for FEif later today

Shun

So I was wrong about DLC. Since they didn't announce a huge set, I guess this might be it for DLC.

Still took long enough IntSys. It's been a long ass time since the last DLC as is.

Can't wait to know more about Hydra and Touma and Lilith....

ok time to back out from that tms thread....
anyway, obon (unless i mistook the screenshot for other matsuri event) for hoshido, halloween for nohr

Top Bottom