• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Cc-WD_SUsAA6uJN.jpg:large

well folks, if you bitch hard enough, it will all work out in the end

Moonlight

Banned
I was incredibly bored, so have a fanmade weapon type and a handful of classes associated with it. Haven’t really thought about appropriate bases or growth rates, but I can probably just kludge something together later if I still like the idea. Entertained the thought experiment of 'what if there were guns', and tried to think about how to make that interesting.

Brass Musket: E, Mt 8, Hit 60, Crit -10, Avoid 0, Rng 1-2
This weapon cannot follow-up or counterattack, and uses Skl instead of Str for damage calculation.

Iron Musket: D, Mt 10, Hit 50, Crit -20, Avoid 0, Range 1-2

This weapon cannot follow-up or counterattack, and uses Skl instead of Str for damage calculation.

Steel Musket: C, Mt 14, Hit 40, Crit -25, Avoid 0, Range 1-2

Handcannon: A, Mt 20, Hit 70, Crit 0, Avoid -10, Range 2
This weapon cannot follow-up or counterattack, and uses Skl instead of Str for damage calculation. After battle, reduce user’s movement to 0 and Avoid by 20 until next turn.

Trueshot Musket: B, Mt 5, Hit 80, Crit -20, Avoid -5, Range 1-2

Scattershot: B, Mt 3, Hit 50, Crit 0, Avoid -10, Range 1
This weapon cannot follow-up or counterattack, and uses Skl instead of Str for damage calculation. Damages both units in a pair-up.

Classes:

Arquebuser: Muskets [up to B]

Longshot (level 1): If this unit hasn’t moved on this turn, +1 to maximum weapon range if equipped with a musket.
Suppression (level 10): After user initiates combat, reduce targeted enemy's movement by -4 (to a minimum of 2).​

Musketeer: Muskets [up to B], Swords [up to B]
Close Quarters (level 5): When fighting adjacent to enemy, Avoid +20.
Blitz (level 15): When this unit triggers a battle from at least 2 tiles away, they may move adjacent to an enemy within range and make another attack.​

Sharpshooter: Muskets [up to S]
Steady Aim (level 5): Hit rate +25 and ignores enemy terrain benefits.
Coup de Grace (level 15): When an enemy is below 50% health, deal 7 extra damage.​

Commando: Muskets [up to A], Bows [up to C]
Ambush (level 5): When attacking from terrain with terrain effects, user deals -2 damage but cannot be counterattacked.
Demoralize (level 15): When user triggers the battle and defeats the enemy, Speed/Defense/Resistance -3 to all enemies within a 2-tile radius of the target (recovers 1 per turn).​

And some dumb personals:

Unfinished Business: Critical rate +30, enemies attacked by user have a Luck% chance to survive with 1 HP.
Kill Hungry: When user is the support unit in Attack stance, if user defeats enemy instead of lead unit, strength and speed +5 for one turn. If supporting unit defeats enemy while user is the lead unit, strength and speed -3 for one turn.

Andrew J.

I was incredibly bored, so have a fanmade weapon type and a handful of classes associated with it. Haven’t really thought about appropriate bases or growth rates, but I can probably just kludge something together later if I still like the idea. Entertained the thought experiment of 'what if there were guns', and tried to think about how to make that interesting.

And some dumb personals:

Neat!

Hmm....what would an S-Rank Musket be?

PK Gaming

And some dumb personals:

Oh man, FE needs gun weapons for sure

so it can bury AW, ohohohho

Shun

Asking again.

Wait AverynKnight or anyone else who use or go to Serene.

I do not go or use the site but I am wondering how you think of user Jyousa as a person? I'm interested because his interests is similar to mine in FE and Nesica fighting game but some American players do not like him as much for some reason. He runs your servers right.

Just curious.

Imagine Andy as the next Fire Emblem Lord.

Lin.

Draxal

I only use Serene's TCG sections as no offense to Aveyn, the userbase there skews way to young for my liking so I'm not really familiar with him.

And Lin >>>>>>> Lyn, just keeping it real.

I only use Serene's TCG sections as no offense to Aveyn, the userbase there skews way to young for my liking so I'm not really familiar with him.

And Lin >>>>>>> Lyn, just keeping it real.

That's not hard though.

and it works for both AW Lin and XCX Lin huehuehue

Shun

Just asking since he is part of Fighting Game Community and it was interesting to see some interests overlap. His handle says he runs Averyn's servers and that he streams fighting games like BB.

Da bae.

TeDztJq.jpg

CazTGG

Oh man, FE needs gun weapons for sure

so it can bury AW, ohohohho

Well if we're being historically accurate, samurai during the Sengoku period were big enthusiasts of the gun...thought I highly doubt Intelligent Systems will introduce them as a weapon anytime soon since Fire Emblem tends to be set in what be best described as "Anime Medieval Europe Plus Dragons And Animal People And Also Dragons With Two Legs You Ride Because Wyvern And Dragons Are The Same Thing I Guess". Maybe cannons/ship units (yes I know about the returning ballista unit DLC) but not portable gun units.

PK Gaming

Advance Wars and Fire Emblem are actually rather different games beyond the surface from a gameplay perspective lol

I know, I was just making a dumb joke

Asking again.

I do not go or use the site but I am wondering how you think of user Jyousa as a person? I'm interested because his interests is similar to mine in FE and Nesica fighting game but some American players do not like him as much for some reason. He runs your servers right.

Just curious.

Lin.

Used to watch his Persona 4 Arena streams. He seems like a decent guy, though I haven't really interacted with him.

I kinda envisioned high base Skill and growth to compensate a bit, but yeah basically they're inaccurate as fuck, lol.

Probably a Repeater able to double attack. Or a machine gun. :v

Fates style brave weapons, except instead of -4 def/res it lowers the doubling threshold for the enemy :p

Shinypogs

Awakening is straight up kusoge and will give you bad habits that will probably carry over to Fates and give you a more difficult time because the objectives and RPG balance is terrible between the two.

Bad habits like being too reckless or relying on certain mechanics to carry yourself through a game. Look at all he people who started with Awakening, having a hard as hell time with Fates as is. Some not even able to like or appreciate Conquest because of bad habits already instilled.

At least with playing Birthright to Conquest the transition is to too bad.

I mean Awakening you can play for the characters and story if you really want, but it is not like it will really prepare you for Fates, especially if you have some SRPG experience. It's not a bad game, just a bad FE and SRPG game.

1. Awakening is a good start, but frankly the option to choose from the Casual Mode introduced in that game and the new Phoenix Mode in Fates makes it a lot more friendly to newer players. (While Conquest is excellent, it might be a bit difficult for one's first entry so I would recommend Birthright as it's a marked improvement over Awakening.)

2. There are three save files on the cartridge and an additional three for every path you own on the 3DS' SD card, up to 9 in total. However, since digital purchases are locked to one's account, you'd need to get Revelation (which isn't out yet) and the other path on your own 3DS. .

Thanks for the additional info on the games and how many save files I get etc. It sounds like skipping Awakening really is favorable in this case. I'm comfortable enough with this genre of games to start with Conquest, I understand the concern but I'm not gonna be scared away from the series/ start badmouthing it if I make a mistake and someone dies.

At some point I may go back and play the older games that are available just for a lark and to get a feel for how the series changed over time. For now though I'll work with what's here today.

Ty for being so helpful ^-^

Draxal

Of all the paralogues I've done so far I think Forests the most fun. Capturing the boss was a pita though, can't imagine doing that map on lunatic.

DodgeDusk

Asking again.

Just curious.
He doesn't really post much, so unless you know him personally, it's hard to tell what kind of person he is. He seems like a decent bloke. He does a fair bit of streaming and overall management for the fighting games he competes in, though. Which, if I'm not mistaken, is Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Blazblue. And yes, he manages SF's servers.

He was interviewed for 5 days in SF's interview thread. I can link that to you later, if it interests you.

Marz

I'd suggest doing conquest on normal if you haven't played an FE before. It's pretty tough on hard.

Birthright is still challenging due to the fact that Fates, in general, is more tactical than Awakening.

Meh birthright is incredibly easy after Ryoma. In fact he solo'ed the last 4 chapters for me.

Never got an unit that good in awakening.

Xenoflare

Silas is RNG blessed in this playthrough, 40 HP and matching strength with Xander.

Xander though got Elised and only had uh 1 HP up for like, 7 levels.

Ew.

Meh birthright is incredibly easy after Ryoma. In fact he solo'ed the last 4 chapters for me.

Never got an unit that good in awakening.

Robin is one of the 3 most broken units in the entire series, nobody in Fates comes close

Awakening in general was just a giant snowballfest especially with Nosferatu

Weebos

Banned
Yeah, Robin is a monster that is only rivaled by Seth. Even then Robin comes out on top.

I think Xander (in Conquest) is better than Ryoma (in Birthright) too, but maybe my Xander was lucky.

Draxal

Welp preordered the soundtrack. The cover art being so glorious and the first press printining bonus (thank god I don't collect all of the fire emblem can badges as well), along with the soundtrack being really really really strong just was too much for me.

Lunar15

I thought about making a certain post in the OT, but I feel it might take the thread in the exact direction we'd rather it not go in.

Basically, eugenics is weird and we gotta stop with the children in future games because I think it impacts gameplay in a negative way. We can talk about plot and how creepy it is, but really I just think the gameplay ramifications are not always great.

tbh I really hope we scale back on the number of skills in future games. Most of them are microboosts which combined with all of the minor effects from weapons means there's way more factors in making calculations and it's just not all that fun for me.

Looking back though I think Genealogy/Thracia had skill systems I liked. Most of the skills in PoR are worthless and a lot of Radiant Dawns were procs with too low a chance of being predictable or reliable.

tbh I really hope we scale back on the number of skills in future games. Most of them are microboosts which combined with all of the minor effects from weapons means there's way more factors in making calculations and it's just not all that fun for me.

Looking back though I think Genealogy/Thracia had skill systems I liked. Most of the skills in PoR are worthless and a lot of Radiant Dawns were procs with too low a chance of being predictable or reliable.

what you mean you don't like all those damage +2 avoid -20 etc. skills? :p

Rutger

Banned

FE4 had doubling tied to a skill, it is without question the worst use of skills in the series.

I personally love Fates' skills, all the stat debuffs adds an interesting layer to strategy as well as things like lunge and post-battle damage and passive buffs. Personal skills are a wonderful idea too. I'd like to see some scrolls of the class skill placed throughout the game like with FE9/10, but otherwise I think gaining skills through levelup and having a hard limit of five class skills is pretty much perfect.

Welp preordered the soundtrack. The cover art being so glorious and the first press printining bonus (thank god I don't collect all of the fire emblem can badges as well), along with the soundtrack being really really really strong just was too much for me.

from where?

amiami doesn't have it up as far as i know

Top Bottom